Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:28:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ASR] ASTROCOIN MAX SUPPLY 140,000. COINEDUP.COM  (Read 105016 times)
cad_cdn

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:05:37 PM

last block found at astrocoinpool - 28/01 04:07:39

going to pull my support very shortly unless this gets fixed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kupiciel

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:10:23 PM

diff change 80 block.
Astrocoin do you fix code for diff?
JamesRussles

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

True to Decentralization

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 06:27:00 PM

how long until diff change?

ocean

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:30:14 PM

Changing from 46 to 4 in 84 blocks. Est. Avg. Time per Block; 1944 seconds
JamesRussles

True to Decentralization

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 07:00:05 PM

We need to get up on coinex and get some real volume

machasm

Activity: 784
Merit: 796

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:07:17 PM

So around 2 days then at the current hash rate?

Carolina
bc1qtm5d24nycxqfqzdtj33zh9m9wn2cdek6v4kkck
x69an

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:10:35 PM

anybody wanna buy 4.58707377 ASR ? 0,025btc /1asr ? PM me
ocean

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:13:35 PM

So around 2 days then at the current hash rate?
Yeah, afraid so..

Hang in there lads, we need to get through this rough patch.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:26:49 PM

What the heck is going on over at openex.pw?Huh

Astrocoin is gone off the market and so are my coins. What is this all about?

CoinKing, please contact them directly. They announced on twitter that they were removing ASR market because they refused to update to our new source code which fixed synchronizing problems. I'd suggest you that you demand your coins from them ASAP, they are running off with a lot of coins. In the future, I'd suggest you use http://coinedup.com/
The truth is, you've altered the genesis hash, making the chain invalid and no one should trust this coin we have cautiously reopened the market, but are encouraging users to cancel their buy orders for obvious reasons. this coin is basically a scam.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
JamesRussles

True to Decentralization

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 07:35:51 PM

CoinKing, please contact them directly. They announced on twitter that they were removing ASR market because they refused to update to our new source code which fixed synchronizing problems. I'd suggest you that you demand your coins from them ASAP, they are running off with a lot of coins. In the future, I'd suggest you use http://coinedup.com/
The truth is, you've altered the genesis hash, making the chain invalid and no one should trust this coin we have cautiously reopened the market, but are encouraging users to cancel their buy orders for obvious reasons. this coin is basically a scam.

Can somebody please explain wtf this means?

jdh015232

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:58:02 PM

r3wt, STOP POSTING THIS COIN IS A SCAM WITH NO PROOF, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.
they had to change the source code at some point because of issues, the coin is not a scam, their has just been issues with the launch like every other coin
r3wt keeps saying this because his exchange is crap and is "losing" everybodys coins somehow...
cad_cdn

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:02:14 PM

not impressed. wasted all our mh's...
r3wt

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:03:18 PM

nvm. i misspoke. if i am reading everything correctly, the dev's were patching a vulnerability that allowed an attacker to create coins out of thin air.

an example of such coin creation happened at openex unfortunately. the following is forged transactions by a single openex user, who i was very suspicious of, but according to the client all the transaction ids were valid.

http://pastebin.com/rtTTZ33p

this is all a bit bizarre really.its true that changing the genesis hash alters the chain history, removing trust of the previous chain, but as for what that means, its up to the community really. The strict cryptoanarchists will consider this coin tainted, the devs and their sock puppet army will say its fud, and the blind masses will eventually be swayed one way or another.

For proof/reference showing they have altered the genesis hash:

https://github.com/astrocoin-project/astrocoin/commit/c13aaec998cdcf9e06e277417180954e0dd2f1bc

ps: the real question is what was this vulnerability there for in the first place?

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
kindebin

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:04:01 PM

hashhunt.in maybe you can take a look at my profile

Yesterday it did look like this.
Confirmed    0.000000
Unconfirmed    0.391094

Been like this for 36hours.

Today it looks like this.
Confirmed    0.000000
Unconfirmed    0.024781

Where does the confirms go ?

----
Same here.
I didn't write down specifically what I had a couple of days ago however I know that I had nearly .2 between confirmed and uncomfirmed because I was getting frustrated that my auto-payout set to .1 wasn't happening since confirmed was less than .1. Yesterday though I had no deposits to my wallet and my current combined balance went down to just over .1. Where did they go???
I stopped mining there until this is fixed. 
r3wt

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:04:25 PM

r3wt, STOP POSTING THIS COIN IS A SCAM WITH NO PROOF, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.
they had to change the source code at some point because of issues, the coin is not a scam, their has just been issues with the launch like every other coin
r3wt keeps saying this because his exchange is crap and is "losing" everybodys coins somehow...
i posted the proof below. argue with that. unlike you, i've been around here long enough and am familiar enough with the codebase to know that something isn't right about this coin.

there is no question that this coin is a scam. the only question is who all is in on it?

Astrocoin (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:04:50 PM

The only thing that has been altered is added checkpoints & removal of UPNP due to issues with wallet syncing with the network because it was confusing with Litecoin nodes. We don't care about your lousy exchange with no substantial volume and we demand that you return all users who have lost coins on your exchange a refund. We're tired of hearing all the complaints regarding this issue. There are several websites including an exchange, a dice site, and multiple pools that have no trouble at all. It's time for you to stop the trolling and to update the source code to our latest release or just close the market. Don't say one day your closing the market and then another day that you're opening the market up again. Stop flip flopping.
JamesRussles

True to Decentralization

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 08:07:39 PM

nvm. i misspoke. if i am reading everything correctly, the dev's were patching a vulnerability that allowed an attacker to create coins out of thin air.

an example of such coin creation happened at openex unfortunately. the following is forged transactions by a single openex user, who i was very suspicious of, but according to the client all the transaction ids were valid.

this is all a bit bizarre really.its true that changing the genesis hash alters the chain history, removing trust of the previous chain, but as for what that means, its up to the community really. The strict cryptoanarchists will consider this coin tainted, the devs and their sock puppet army will say its fud, and the blind masses will eventually be swayed one way or another.

https://github.com/astrocoin-project/astrocoin/commit/c13aaec998cdcf9e06e277417180954e0dd2f1bc

ps: the real question is what was this vulnerability there for in the first place?

Any idea how many were created?

r3wt

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:08:27 PM

The only thing that has been altered is added checkpoints & removal of UPNP due to issues with wallet syncing with the network because it was confusing with Litecoin nodes. We don't care about your lousy exchange with no substantial volume and we demand that you return all users who have lost coins on your exchange a refund. We're tired of hearing all the complaints regarding this issue. There are several websites including an exchange, a dice site, and multiple pools that have no trouble at all. It's time for you to stop the trolling and to update the source code to our latest release or just close the market. Don't say one day your closing the market and then another day that you're opening the market up again. Stop flip flopping.

Um, i just posted your last commit, which obviously shows the genesis hash being manipulated. care to comment on that?

Code:
     // Contains no strange transactions
      static MapCheckpoints mapCheckpoints =
          boost::assign::map_list_of
 -        (     0, uint256("0xf5ae71e26c74beacc88382716aced69cddf3dffff24f384e1808905e0188f68f"))
 +       (     0, uint256("0x56976ec578752667ee37a6e21b37a944ec5b17b2bfc11e97e0882aedc4e4f3c9"))
          ;
      static const CCheckpointData data = {
          &mapCheckpoints,

THE PLUS SIGN INDICATES THE NEW GENESIS, THE MINUS INDICATES THE OLD HASH.

r3wt

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:13:49 PM

Any idea how many were created?

i have no idea. it could just be that there are multiple forks. i make an inquiry about it on twitter, but they ignore the questions. I give two shits about ASR or this dev team. what i do care about though, is my customers who would be investing their BTC into this coin. I cannot allow them to be swindled. That's why i'm here, it is only concern for the customers.

Astrocoin (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:22:13 PM

Um, i just posted your last commit, which obviously shows the genesis hash being manipulated. care to comment on that?

Code:
     // Contains no strange transactions
      static MapCheckpoints mapCheckpoints =
          boost::assign::map_list_of
 -        (     0, uint256("0xf5ae71e26c74beacc88382716aced69cddf3dffff24f384e1808905e0188f68f"))
 +       (     0, uint256("0x56976ec578752667ee37a6e21b37a944ec5b17b2bfc11e97e0882aedc4e4f3c9"))
          ;
      static const CCheckpointData data = {
          &mapCheckpoints,

THE PLUS SIGN INDICATES THE NEW GENESIS, THE MINUS INDICATES THE OLD HASH.

First of all, the genesis block is located here:
https://github.com/astrocoin-project/astrocoin/blob/df056982a509abf1724cfbd63f02a8a70a4180a5/src/main.cpp
And this file has NOT been modified in over 7 days.

Now, if you look CAREFULLY, you'll see that the hash you posted

"0x56976ec578752667ee37a6e21b37a944ec5b17b2bfc11e97e0882aedc4e4f3c9" matches that of the one in the main.ccp file of the genesis block which has not been edited in 7 days.

And let me make this clear, you are NOT concerned in any way for or about your users BTC, http://openex.pw is a sketchy site to say the least, from their launch this person has been trolling on our coin and on twitter about ASR, and you know why he has been trolling? OpenEx.pw requested ASR BOUNTY for having us listed! They were NEVER interested in the coin in the first place. OpenEx only listed us because they were hoping to get a "Bounty." Of course, we kept true to our initial statements posted here that we will NEVER give bounties to exchanges, nor did we give OpenEx a bounty, nor CoinedUp a bounty, neither will we ever give exchanges bounty to add our coin. Since we never responded to his bounty request, he is now trolling on the forums and on his twitter. Bottom line is, if you were REALLY concerned about your users ASR and your users BTC, you would update to the latest code like everyone else, but in fact you are not interested in your users BTC or ASR, or your users money. We caught you with your pants down at your knees twice and refuted your claims twice now. Now we're done here and have responded to this false accusation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: