Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:41:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin price based on bitcoin price?  (Read 3399 times)
Dortira

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:17:20 AM

Altcoins will be depending on bitcoins price forever, until some of the other cryptocurrency will replace bitcoin from its place in my opinion.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:31:26 AM

If that altcoin/s ia pairing with bitcoin on crypto markets, then I really believed that it's price is based on bitcoin's price. It means that , when bitcoin's price is pumping it is the same with the altcoins who paired with it.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
DonateBB

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 12:02:25 PM

Not altcoin prices are based on BTC prices, but altcoin is trending to btc, as btc increases, altcoin prices go up and vice versa.
tulezua

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:48:41 PM

Altcoin is proportional with bitcoin,
If bitcoin increase, altcoin also increase, bitcoin decrease, altcoin also decrease.
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:01:59 PM

Altcoin is proportional with bitcoin,
If bitcoin increase, altcoin also increase, bitcoin decrease, altcoin also decrease.
look also that this is may depends on what we may ever have to witness for here i may also see that bitcoin up altcoin down well as what i said and observe also here this is depends on how the market moves on.
Sum24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 09:39:15 PM

I think that is the general decline of electronic coins. No need to relate to each other because the entire market is down
Yes both of them are defect but to some extent bitcoin has the power of changing the price of other altcoins because bitcoin is the first digital currency which was invented and after that all of the altcoins ash come into being, so I think if the price of bitcoin will be down and people will say negative about bitcoin then all other altcoins will be down automatically.
Osaaah

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:14:43 PM

Is price of the altcoin is based on price of the bitcoin?I have noticed the price of bitcoin falling down for past few days on same the price of altcoins are also falling down

I believe all Alt coins are heavily influenced by the market price of Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Considering most Alt coins have their equivalent prices in Bitcoin and Ethereum are moreso run on both Bitcoin and Ethereum blockchain.
Therefore, with this immediately the price of either Bitcoin or Ethereum goes down such All coins will be significantly affected.
Likewise it vise versa.
xuzukami

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:10:23 AM

No, the BTC is the leader and has a great influence on the price of other coins, but it is not actually the price of other coins as you think.
kenziefried

Activity: 141

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:07:30 AM

Obviously. The price of the altcoins are depending on bitcoin. If the price goes down then price of altcoin also gets down. There is a connection of them directly or indirectly.
Bitcoin is known as base currency which has control over other cryptocurrencies on the basis of its affects. The stock market and other cryptocurrencies also goes with the Bitcoin which is said by experts and said further that it will act independently in future and will not effect other currencies. Altcoin and other best coins moves with the Bitcoin as explained due to its base currency honor.
Rembedful

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:48:14 AM

Is price of the altcoin is based on price of the bitcoin?I have noticed the price of bitcoin falling down for past few days on same the price of altcoins are also falling down

In my own opinion, altcoins price is not exact based on bitcoins but most of the ico tokents today are based on ethereum which is tether to bitcoins and that is the reason why every cryptocurrency is affected when the price of bitcoins decreases in the market.

some of the altcoin based their price with bitcoin and they watch the bitcoin price for the adjustment. as we can see in the market, many altcoins are getting down when bitcoin price is down and will follow to go up when bitcoin price is up too. this will always happen and it will like this in the future as long as bitcoin still leading the altcoin, altcoin will base their price with bitcoin unless there is a new technology that will better than bitcoin then maybe cryptocurrency will change to something new.
When the price of bitcoin drops you should invest in very low price coins because they have very little or no effect of bitcoin price. Already their prices are very low. How much they will drop more. I think small coins are good for small investors because small coins have great potential and you can make big money if the price increases a little bit.
valentine401

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:09:40 PM

Yes it is, ethereum is tether to bitcoins as you can see in the market price and most of the altcoins in the market that are newly introduced or released has base price depending on ethereum so you should always expect that bitcoins affects everything.
magmar

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:17:38 PM

a portion of the altcoin based their cost with bitcoin and they watch the bitcoin cost for the change. as should be obvious in the market, numerous altcoins are getting down when bitcoin cost is down and will take after to go up when bitcoin cost is up as well. this will dependably happen and it will like this later on as long as bitcoin as yet driving the altcoin, altcoin will base their cost with bitcoin except if there is another innovation that will superior to bitcoin then perhaps digital currency will change to something new.
Rimon365

Activity: 623

CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 02:33:37 PM

Yes, I agree with you. I am here from July 2017. I have Researched by own and the result is Altcoins price based on bitcoin price. If bitcoin down then not only altcoin down, the crypto market will down too. If bitcoin price will pump then the crypto market will pump too.

Jombrangs

Activity: 630
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:06:47 PM

Of course not, the company of alternativecoin are not basing to the price of bitcoin although
they are competitors in this kind of business and industry but they are separated functionally and they are different by the way.
Ryshelrayne

Activity: 63

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:10:07 PM

Because most altcoins are traded with bitcoin. They tend to follow the king.
yesyes18

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:26:51 PM

If you look at the history of changing the prices of bitcoins and altokones, you can trace the pattern in which the relationship is visible. Bitcoin is the basis of all crypto currency.
Yes that's true.History has proven that the market us really dominated by BTC. Also, according to CMC the domination valuation is over 40% and so it shall take a long time for this to wear off. Until then, I guess we'll need to rely on BTC price on the market for a long time.

Rosa Paula

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:30:29 PM

The entire crypto advertise is mostly ruled by Bitcoin. Starting at now BTC predominance in the market has ascended to 42.7%. In this way, it incredibly influences the cost of all the altcoins when BTC moves, be it up or down. At the point when Bitcoin goes down the entire market crashes alongside it and when it goes up whatever I can see is green wherever in the market.
Tigerw

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:36:53 PM

The entire crypto advertise is mostly ruled by Bitcoin. Starting at now BTC predominance in the market has ascended to 42.7%. In this way, it incredibly influences the cost of all the altcoins when BTC moves, be it up or down. At the point when Bitcoin goes down the entire market crashes alongside it and when it goes up whatever I can see is green wherever in the market.
in the media are spreading news that say that in the near future it is possible to increase the capitalization of the etherium, and by the number can overtake Bitcoin. Of course, if this is true, we will soon be able to see the new leader of the crypto-currency market.
Katfilka

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:01:41 PM

Yes, exactly, altcoin prices depends from Bitcoin, so if you look at BTC price going up or down, you can see the same with altcoin too. In some cases, altcoin price also depends from market buy or sale trends, but mainly all altcoins depends from Bitcoin.
lotsky123

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:13:36 PM

It's been a month already since I join bitcoin forum and from the day I was registered until now I've been checking coinmarketcap about the price movement of bitcoin and altcoins since I am planning to invest into it.And based on my observation I would say that mostly all altcoins are dependent on the value of bitcoin.Whether bitcoin price is ups or downs, same thing will happen to most of the altcoins but not all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: