Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:18:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
gvans

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:47:45 PM

Aree this kind of threads real? Like someone mentioning this nxt-troll maybe having huge amount of sock puppet-accunts
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg4863353#msg4863353
Just pointing out.

I'm still enthusiastic to bring up yet another idea for symbol-logo competition and I do like the whole project a lot but I'm just worried if it is being abused by some..

BTC 1Mye3mqB9WQdCj3uFwx6zcRArnzbUiq6Ro  ★ [NXT] NXT-RA49-RXFR-V6WE-97HT9
★ [ORA] LOGO  ★ [NEM] LOGO  ★ [NXT] MONOLITH  ★ [EXO] LOGO  ★ [FIMK] LOGO  ★ [NODE] LOGO
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NEMoon

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:28:43 AM

Aree this kind of threads real? Like someone mentioning this nxt-troll maybe having huge amount of sock puppet-accunts
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg4863353#msg4863353
Just pointing out.

I'm still enthusiastic to bring up yet another idea for symbol-logo competition and I do like the whole project a lot but I'm just worried if it is being abused by some..

It might be a big problem. If someone owns 25% of the emission it is a total fail  Undecided
TauMuon

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:22:52 AM

I know this is in very much an early stage of development, and you recommend us to be patient, but I was wondering if any of the devs could at least give a vague timeframe for the following:
  • The release of the genesis block.
  • The release of a NEM exchange (decentralised or otherwise).
  • The start of the marketing campaign.

It's nice to know (as an investor) when I should expect these things to reveal themselves!

Thanks for your time and commitment to all things NEM. Smiley Responses appreciated.

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:52:15 AM

Here are some of the PM I received in the last few days:

- I have already sent my 350NXT and am looking forward to seeing what becomes of NEM. I wanted to know if I can buy a stake for my dad and brother. Potentially they could also just split a share. I can get them to create an account on bitcointalk, but the NXT would be coming from my wallet.

- I wanted to make a another profile to my girlfriend who'snt familiar with cryptocurrrencies, altough she wanted to try create some cool logos which can be found here and that NEM-forum.

- I told my brother about NEM and he also decided to get into it, but he doesn't have a Bitcointalk account and I already have a stake. Can I just send 350 Nxt from my account and post transaction details from the same Bitcointalk account?

- I have already reserved a stake in page 90 and I would like to reserve one more for my bro. I would love to do one for my brother and surprise him when the coin becomes a huge success.

- I created my account just to be able to invest in the project (i only lurked on bitcointalk before, never needed to create an account). I see a lot of hate towards newcomers in both the threads because of the fear of those "sockpuppets". If you guys ever decide to change the rules and exclude and/or require proof from new accounts how would you communicate that to all the people concerned? I am just getting worried and don't want anything preventing me from participating in this fundraising and being part of the coin

- Ok can I buy another share with this account for my beloved one, fur the current price?

- Regarding buying more stakes. I would like to buy it for my brother, but he dont have forum user. Is it ok he just create one?

I believe most of the new accounts coming from new users or from current NEM holders buying one share for their loved one. Remember that NEM is also no envy and positive movement and all of the negative feelings toward new users coming to us is just against everything NEM stands for. There are certainly people who try to game the system but it is logistically impossible and and financially not rewarding to buy a lot of NEM stakes. On the other hand, gaming the system could happen in any IPO; Could BCNext actually hold all thee 50 million NXT account ? could some send in more than 1BTC in NXT fundrasing ? in both cases the answers are yes.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182

NXT.org

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:55:44 AM

- I have already sent my 350NXT and am looking forward to seeing what becomes of NEM. I wanted to know if I can buy a stake for my dad and brother. Potentially they could also just split a share. I can get them to create an account on bitcointalk, but the NXT would be coming from my wallet.

- I wanted to make a another profile to my girlfriend who'snt familiar with cryptocurrrencies, altough she wanted to try create some cool logos which can be found here and that NEM-forum.

- I told my brother about NEM and he also decided to get into it, but he doesn't have a Bitcointalk account and I already have a stake. Can I just send 350 Nxt from my account and post transaction details from the same Bitcointalk account?

- I have already reserved a stake in page 90 and I would like to reserve one more for my bro. I would love to do one for my brother and surprise him when the coin becomes a huge success.

- I created my account just to be able to invest in the project (i only lurked on bitcointalk before, never needed to create an account). I see a lot of hate towards newcomers in both the threads because of the fear of those "sockpuppets". If you guys ever decide to change the rules and exclude and/or require proof from new accounts how would you communicate that to all the people concerned? I am just getting worried and don't want anything preventing me from participating in this fundraising and being part of the coin

- Ok can I buy another share with this account for my beloved one, fur the current price?

- Regarding buying more stakes. I would like to buy it for my brother, but he dont have forum user. Is it ok he just create one?

I believe most of the new accounts coming from new users or from current NEM holders buying one share for their loved one. Remember that NEM is also no envy and positive movement and all of the negative feelings toward new users coming to us is just against everything NEM stands for. There are certainly people who try to game the system but it is logistically impossible and and financially not rewarding to buy a lot of NEM stakes. On the other hand, gaming the system could happen in any IPO; Could BCNext actually hold all thee 50 million NXT account ? could some send in more than 1BTC in NXT fundrasing ? in both cases the answers are yes.

Utopian: this is just not good enough.
The vast majority hasn't bought 1 for their loved ones. C'mon now.
Let's be realistic.
You made it WAY WAY WAY too easy to play the system and 90% of the NEM will be in the hands of less than 1% of the users. Just look at that fucklong thread. 90% of the users are brand new users with 1 post the exact minute after registration and it was for NEM.
At top 5-10% of those are from the subreddit I posted it too.

utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:57:55 AM

Let's be realistic.
You made it WAY WAY WAY too easy to play the system and 90% of the NEM will be in the hands of less than 1% of the users. Just look at that fucklong thread. 90% of the users are brand new users with 1 post the exact minute after registration and it was for NEM.

Why don't you try to control 5% of NEM and show me your results ?

Since someone like to make  baseless speculations about NEM. I officially challenge anyone who can show proof that they control 5% of NEM of more. I will transfer 1 million NXT to you and shut down this project if you can do that.    

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
TauMuon

Activity: 224

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:05:06 AM

Let's be realistic.

To be fair, the distribution NEM will have at launch will already be hugely improved over basically every single other cryptocurrency release. Consider that before you say "it's not good enough." Smiley

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
hyunsookmom

Activity: 420

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:14:15 AM

To all of those worried about sock puppet accounts I  personally agree there should of been a post count of 10. But apart from that its worth recognizing that the buy in is not that cheap now. I know 350 NXT isnt a huge amount of money now but I think NXT has a bright future and its not crazy to think that within a year or two 1NXT will be worth 1$ or more. So if you look at it as costing 350 dollars for a small stake in a coin that has no guarantees whatsoever its not as easy to scam as people like to think. Plus no escrow was set up, people are trusting their money with a stranger on the internet, risk deserves a reward. Also NEM will be competing with a bunch of other clones of NXT this is definitely no sure thing...

Uniqueorn

Activity: 182

NXT.org

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:17:36 AM

Let's be realistic.

Since someone like to make  baseless speculations about NEM. I officially challenge anyone who can show proof that they control 5% of NEM of more. I will transfer 1 million NXT to you and shut down this project if you can do that.    

That is a impossible task and you know it.
I am asking you to be honest with your intellect. Of course the accounts are sockaccounts, Where do you think they magically appeared from with a instant desire to get a hold of NEM?

I *know* you know this, but due to the interest real people has also shown you don't want to shut it down and start over in a fair way.

utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:20:24 AM

Let's be realistic.

I am asking you to be honest with your intellect. Of course the accounts are sockaccounts, Where do you think they magically appeared from with a instant desire to get a hold of NEM?

I *know* you know this, but due to the interest real people has also shown you don't want to shut it down and start over in a fair way.

because you have a 70 post count then you can buy NEM but a new user can't ? is that fair to you ?

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
hyunsookmom

Activity: 420

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:22:47 AM

Let's be realistic.

To be fair, the distribution NEM will have at launch will already be hugely improved over basically every single other cryptocurrency release. Consider that before you say "it's not good enough." Smiley

Over the last year as I discovered alt coins and daily looked at my brand new expensive Samsung NVidia laptop that is worthless for mining I'm not sure
 I can see the fairness in mining which everyone looks at as the fairest method. Personally the recent buy ins for coins to me are more open and fair than mining where only the technically literate who can set up cloud servers etc or expensive rigs can take advantage.

My guess is the people who complain the most about recent POS coins are sat with $10,000 of mining equipment pissed they has lost their advantage.

okaynow

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:22:57 AM

wait a minute...
even with a million sockpuppets for everyone, why is it unfair?

Nobody is stopping anyone to make more accounts, If anyone can or is willing, he is free to do so.
How is that unfair? If one wants more, he can have more, how can it be unfair?

1PeecNu1J8VNKpgR13nasMZWLcMZrwNJfc
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:29:33 AM

Also don't forget people who want anonimity in their investment. They make a new account for the purpose too.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
greatwolf

Activity: 230

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:32:19 AM

This suggestion is probably a bit late to the game but what if you actually require new stakeholder buy-in's to provide a cell# for you to send an SMS to? This is the technique commonly used by various online services and sites to provide legitimacy.

This approach seems like a reasonable compromise -- those that want to buyin bigger stake for their loved ones can do so assuming they have a valid cell number. On the other hand, users with sockpuppet accounts are unlikely to go through the trouble of creating multiple unique cell# since there is now a real associated cost.

On another note, you should really require buy-in's to include a valid cryptographic signature of some sort using the private key that signed the transaction id. Otherwise, anyone can claim someone else's transaction id if no proof of ownership is required.
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:34:13 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 03:50:05 AM by utopianfuture

This suggestion is probably a bit late to the game but what if you actually require new stakeholder buy-in's to provide a cell# for you to send an SMS to? This is the technique commonly used by various online services and sites to provide legitimacy.

This approach seems like a reasonable compromise -- those that want to buyin bigger stake for their loved ones can do so assuming they have a valid cell number. On the other hand, users with sockpuppet accounts are unlikely to go through the trouble of creating multiple unique cell# since there is now a real associated cost.

Anonimity would be compromised. It is a big no in the cryptocurrency culture.

The way fundraising is designed is to give enough hassles that making many accounts, sending money around for many stakes are not worth it. It has worked to a large extent so far. If someone really determines to have more shares of NEM, then sure he can do that but he also send us a lot of moneys. So I see no real issue here.

I go by transaction in chronological order to avoid double sending. So if someone post a reply with your transaction hash before you then you lose that transaction. But I am not sure how that can happen unless you willingly give that transaction hash to someone else.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:54:51 AM

how is it impossible?  he put his money where his mouth is.  hes got HUGE balls as far as Im concerned with that offer.  I can guarantee had I been one to claim that large a stake Id for sure come up with the proof for 1M NXT.

hopefully it wont come to that.

You should put a time limit on that offer though - like if someone does that they have to prove they accounts they used, and the winner must have had 5% before today.

otherwise you'll have 50 retreads for sure hammering away at the task for 1M NXT.
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:58:35 AM

how is it impossible?  he put his money where his mouth is.  hes got HUGE balls as far as Im concerned with that offer.  I can guarantee had I been one to claim that large a stake Id for sure come up with the proof for 1M NXT.

hopefully it wont come to that.

You should put a time limit on that offer though - like if someone does that they have to prove they accounts they used, and the winner must have had 5% before today.

otherwise you'll have 50 retreads for sure hammering away at the task for 1M NXT.

Yep that is for today. In fact it should be in 1 hour because there is a speculation around here that someone already claimed 25% of NEM. Thanks for reminding me.

For the proof, just use your  100 accounts and pm opticalcarrier the same massage. Then that shows you are owners of these accounts.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:10:03 AM

You have not responded to why you removed everyone's name from the development stake list who contributed to logo, currency design, and branding.

I did that, and I am also managing the NEM twitter page (http://www.twitter.com/nemcoin), so I should be receiving both a stake for branding work and a stake for media campaigns.

Best,

A.

I did respond here but not in the registration thread. You should know that better. These dev stakes would be decided later on at very close to the first NEM distribution. Everyone who makes logo, currency design, and branding has already got a regular stake per satisfying promotion conditions.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:30:56 AM

I'd say we should stop discussing that. There're lots of ways to prevent having more then 2-3 stakes. Let's wait until 4000 stakes are bought and then check legitimity. If someone bought more then 2-3 stakes he'll just lose his money.

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:42:15 AM

As for anonymity, let's keep this bs away and not be paranoid. I'm sure 99% of NEM holders have Facebook accounts with real names, pictures, life plans and so on and they don't give a shit about anonymity. What will happen if everybody knows I own 1M Nem? FBI and CIA will come with questions or what?

After all we can make a poll: "will you be ok with giving a link to your Facebook profile to be sure that NEM stakes are shared equally?".

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: