Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:13:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦  (Read 920050 times)
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:21:12 AM

cryptorush is extremely low SmileySmileySmiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nomad13666
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:28:21 AM

As a licensed medicinal cannabis patient, I'm gonna keep mining these little buggers (no matter how slow the going gets) with hope that one day I will have a lifetime supply of my medicine...mama didn't raise no dummy  Wink

An ounce of medical-grade pot per day is not cheap.
(And yes, I can and do smoke an ounce of weed per day, by prescription.)

Pot saved my life...it's a very good thing  Smiley

POTCOIN TO MARS!
Lovethecoins

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:31:02 AM

We need too keep the push on for cryptsy though!!! Unleash the pot for the world!!!

ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:40:14 AM

Just a reminder:

POT.CripToe.Com has 0% fees until Valentine's Day.

I have given out 10k POT in block bonuses, and another 5k POT has been given out in coin giveaway threads in other forums.  Help me to help the community by supporting the pool and throwing some hash power it's way.

Thanks, miners!

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:14:37 AM

As a licensed medicinal cannabis patient, I'm gonna keep mining these little buggers (no matter how slow the going gets) with hope that one day I will have a lifetime supply of my medicine.

What's your mining rig? Speed? KH/s?

narf

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:32:50 AM

As a licensed medicinal cannabis patient, I'm gonna keep mining these little buggers (no matter how slow the going gets) with hope that one day I will have a lifetime supply of my medicine...mama didn't raise no dummy  Wink

Pot saved my life...it's a very good thing  Smiley

POTCOIN TO MARS!

how about a donation fund for mmj users?
and on a side note:
how much is that in grams? whats your illness if you dont mind me asking? and what strains do you usually get?
scutzi128

Activity: 476
Merit: 283

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:43:29 AM

Congrats Seahawks fans. I know there is someone in here toking after that massacre.
anyone4u

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:45:02 AM

Anonymous dropped much of his hashrates. Now anonymous has about 30k Khash/sec spread around miners same name in my pool be4 I noticed later after tht acct dropped off many anonamous diff miners. At his peak he had over 30k khash for 1 miner, might have been more didn't think to take a screenshot. I heard of other pools where he had huge number also. There is also  below username with anon each at about 30k khash, although this one is little lower

Anon dropped off super amounts of miners bec difficulty went down from either from 27 or 29 I forget exact was tripping out like many here, and now its at 13.16. Someone basically just spent many bitcoins getting that hashrate, and is still online but only at 1/2 of power he had. Basically a total whale to get 1/2 of network spread to diff miners/diff pools, but many diff miners on pools.
wuzamarine

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

derp

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:52:46 AM

Solid pooling network at http://www.digitaldriller.com
We pay Prop!!  0% fee!!
nomad13666
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:01:38 AM

As a licensed medicinal cannabis patient, I'm gonna keep mining these little buggers (no matter how slow the going gets) with hope that one day I will have a lifetime supply of my medicine.

What's your mining rig? Speed? KH/s?

I have 2 rigs going...one with a 5970 and a 5770 in it, and one with a 6870 & 5770 in it...
I can get just over 1mh/s on them in total without them crashing periodically...

It's ain't great, but it's better than nothing  Smiley
I could probably squeeze a bit more out of them if I knew more about tweaking the settings and stuff, but...if it ain't broke, don't fix it  Wink
nomad13666
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:13:05 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 06:26:26 AM by nomad13666

As a licensed medicinal cannabis patient, I'm gonna keep mining these little buggers (no matter how slow the going gets) with hope that one day I will have a lifetime supply of my medicine...mama didn't raise no dummy  Wink

Pot saved my life...it's a very good thing  Smiley

POTCOIN TO MARS!

how about a donation fund for mmj users?
and on a side note:
how much is that in grams? whats your illness if you dont mind me asking? and what strains do you usually get?

A donation fund for medical cannabis patients is a great idea, narf...
If I knew how to start one, I would...

On a side note: my prescription is for 30 grams per day...just over one ounce...my illness? I'm old and grumpy lol...just kidding...my mobility is limited due to a motorcycle accident several years back, and now that I'm old (not kidding this time lol), I have developed severe arthritis, which sucks...

I can hardly move when I get up in the morning...
Until I smoke a couple fat spliffs...it's like oiling up really rusty hinges...works like a miracle; I shit you not...

And besides the pain relief, it makes me really, really happy  Smiley

Edit:
DO NOT TAKE PHARMACEUTICAL DRUGS - THEY WILL DESTROY YOUR LIVER AND KIDNEYS.
Fuck you, big drug companies...fuck you

Edit #2:
I prefer a sativa strain when I get up (and throughout the day, otherwise I wouldn't get off the couch lol), and then in the evening I shift to an indica strain to wind down and help me sleep...
Khaoimon

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:25:16 AM

Hey that's the pool I'm on Tongue.  I'm greatful for his investment as we are sitting under 10% of the network.  A nice place to be, but less consistent blocks(though statistically is somewhat the same in the end).

I would guess, opposing my previous statement that as you said they are renting.  Decided to throw some btc into rental as an investment in the future of potcoin and am enjoying 10x what my rig can do. Not really profit at this point, but not a loss either.  Could have bought an equal amount of potcoin for what I spent, but wheres the fun in that.  At least I can try to boost the ghz and difficulty. Smiley

Speaking of the pool I'll plug it: http://pot.ogres.org

It's a nice pool, with a good admin, some extra security features, consistent hash rates, has never been offline.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:31:04 AM

I could hold the funds in escrow if needed. I have a donation thread for starving malnourished children. Gotten enough for 3000+ meals, and I'm set to go up on a stage for it.

We just need to find one supplier who will accept POTcoins.

Lovethecoins

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:37:34 AM

potcoin caused cryptorush too crash Wink

nomad13666
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:38:33 AM

I could hold the funds in escrow if needed. I have a donation thread for starving malnourished children. Gotten enough for 3000+ meals, and I'm set to go up on a stage for it.

Food for thought! (pun intended)  Wink
Khaoimon

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:38:54 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 09:15:49 AM by Khaoimon

In my opinion the website/reddit/op need a section outlining the benefits for suppliers and businesses.  Most of the information is the same as the rest--how to mine it, its specs, how to buy and sell it, etc.  As a business person who may not even be aware of bitcoin, or if aware maybe not understand it, there is very little information on why they should accept it.  

If I ran a shop and discovered potcoin I would have to research crypto, read all kinds of confounding information about bitcoin(even hate news, fan boys, etc), and then try to understand why I would want potcoin.  I would have to figure out how I could implement it efficiently and even as someone said, how a wallet works.  If I went to the reddit or the website I would find lots of information on its hash rate, faith in viability, but not WHY I would want it for my business or how to implement it.

To us, it seems obvious, but to a random person with no knowledge of crypto running a shop that stumbles upon it, there is a vast amount of information to sort through.  If we want people to jump on board, they should be able to go to these sources on POTCOIN and see what it means/could mean to their business and step by step information on how to begin to handle it.  Bitcoin even suffers the same problem.  Those that that have picked it up as a currency for their business are savy.  Imagine your grandma wanting to accept it.  There are plenty of brilliant business owners that are not computer savy at all.  They panic and think the kid that works for them that fixed their jammed printer or typed reload on their prebuild pos server is a genius.  Crypto in general should be targeting development and information toward those people.

Things needed immediately in my opinion for wide business adoption of crypto in general and specifically potcoin:
-Basic information on the many reasons to accept potcoin--beyond  just saving on transaction fees (which isn't boldly outlined anyway).
-Step by step guide on how to use a wallet (for the specific coin--they shouldn't have to look up all the bitcoin tutorials if investigating potcoin)
-A dual wallet linked to a regular wallet/cold storage.  One that can deposit only so employees/robberies cannot transfer out the stores funds but can validate transactions have reached the wallet. With that the pos system should be able to poll current prices like multibit can, take a dollar total vs volume, and respond with how much pot coin should be paid right then and there.  Cannot rely on blockchain website that can be ddosed..the crypto network cannot easily be ddosed in the same way.  
    -System should have the ability to immediately transfer to an exchange for conversion. *In the future this could evolve into wireless price signs that adapt to the market--but a huge bottom line expense.*
-A more complicated problem but for the pos wallet to be able to transfer to exchange for conversion, then convert to fiat through whatever trusted parties.  Development costs might be able to be shared with exchanges in order to be apart of it.

These types of developments could revolutionize the already revolutionary crypto industry. I've shown my friends the thousands I've made on mining and its still so beyond them that they wont touch it.  Imagine the average business owner and the many complications their mind would process in considering it.

If you want to directly respond to or credit this post, check it on reddit where it wont get buried in hundreds of pages: http://www.reddit.com/r/potcoin/comments/1wvlxp/developing_the_future_of_potcoin_and_crypto/
drduck

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:57:52 AM

Selling 100k for 9.2 BTC

Regards

Sev
You disgust me. Please don't buy from him and go to cryptorush.in. You can buy 100k for around half of
his price.
Oh, shut up! They're worth much more. You probably sold yours for pocket change.  Grin

Nobody knows the worth and with a volume of 14 BTC cryptorush has the best estimate of its current worth.
I mined, bought and donated some. And I hold till I think the price is reasonable to sell. Or the market
established enough to daytrade. Still, it is a risk because nobody knows what its real value will be in the future.

PotCoin [POT] Supporter => http://www.potcoin.com/
drduck

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:11:08 AM

Selling 100k for 9.2 BTC

Regards

Sev
You disgust me. Please don't buy from him and go to cryptorush.in. You can buy 100k for around half of
his price.

Strong words dude, He disgusts you because of what? the price? Price is good, maybe you are a little bit of what we like to call 'jelly'?

Just because Cryptorush undervalued the coin massively doesnt mean that is the price dude. If you are lucky enough to have enough LTC to buy in at that price be my guest and use that sketchy looking site. Sev is selling at a well calculated value, he doesnt just dream up numbers. You wait on cryptsy and watch the guy that pays 9.2btc laugh all the way to the bank.

Ok, my words were too harsh. I apologize to sevoque. But I have a reason to react that way. cryptorush may looks sketchy but it is working like a charm for me and the volume is high enough for me to
conclude that this is the price atm. I am using the site and buy POT all the time. I could buy there and sell like sevoque at the double rate to make a huge profit. But I hold and wait what the price
will be in the future. Because no one knows what it will be. You can calculate all day. There are too much unknown variables. For me it is a question of fairness. You think the price at cryptorush is not fair or undervalued, but people there are establishing this price, aren't they?

For me its like. There is a reasonable big store that looks strange that sells a new kind of chocolate in a small town. Everybody can go to this store and buy this chocolate. In my opinion, everybody that sells this product in the same town for a price of +X% scams the people. It is as simple as that. No matter if this chocolate will be worth much more in the future.

Edit: I am happy there are people that have similar thoughts about that. I wish more people would do. The world would be a better place.

PotCoin [POT] Supporter => http://www.potcoin.com/
Lovethecoins

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:32:53 AM

everyone just chill  Grin Grin Grin Grin

we are all going to be very happy Smiley

zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 07:42:49 AM

In my opinion the website/reddit/op need a section outlining the benefits for suppliers and businesses.  Most of the information is the same as the rest--how to mine it, its specs, how to buy and sell it, etc.  As a business person who may not even be aware of bitcoin, or if aware not maybe not understand it, there is very little information on why they should accept it.  

If I ran a shop and discovered potcoin I would have to research crypto, read all kinds of confounding information about bitcoin(even hate news, fan boys, etc), and then try to understand why I would want potcoin.  I would have to figure out how I could implement it efficiently and even as someone said, how a wallet works.  If I went to the reddit or the website I would find lots of information on its hash rate, faith in viability, but not WHY I would want it for my business or how to implement it.

To us, it seems obvious, but to a random person with no knowledge of crypto running a shop that stumbles upon it, there is a vast amount of information to sort through.  If we want people to jump on board, they should be able to go to these sources on POTCOIN and see what it means/could mean to their business and step by step information on how to begin to handle it.  Bitcoin even suffers the same problem.  Those that that have picked it up as a currency for their business are savy.  Imagine your grandma wanting to accept it.  There are plenty of brilliant business owners that are not computer savy at all.  They panic and think the kid that works for them that fixed their jammed printer or typed reload on their prebuild pos server is a genius.  Crypto in general should be targeting development and information toward those people.

Things needed immediately in my opinion for wide business adoption of crypto in general and specifically potcoin:
-Basic information on the many reasons to accept potcoin--beyond  just saving on transaction fees (which isn't boldly outlined anyway).
-Step by step guide on how to use a wallet (for the specific coin--they shouldn't have to look up all the bitcoin tutorials if investigating potcoin)
-A dual wallet linked to a regular wallet/cold storage.  One that can deposit only so employees/robberies cannot transfer out the stores funds but can validate transactions have reached the wallet. With that the pos system should be able to poll current prices like multibit can, take a dollar total vs volume, and respond with how much pot coin should be paid right then and there.  Cannot rely on blockchain website that can be ddosed..the crypto network cannot easily be ddosed in the same way.  
    -System should have the ability to immediately transfer to an exchange for conversion. *In the future this could evolve into wireless price signs that adapt to the market--but a huge bottom line expense.*
-A more complicated problem but for the pos wallet to be able to transfer to exchange for conversion, then convert to fiat through whatever trusted parties.  Development costs might be able to be shared with exchanges in order to be apart of it.

These types of developments could revolutionize the already revolutionary crypto industry. I've shown my friends the thousands I've made on mining and its still so beyond them that they wont touch it.  Imagine the average business owner and the many complications their mind would process in considering it.

Its hard not to see it as "us" but i think thats your point!

I think the digital divide is "thick" and there is going to be people who dont even understand a fraction of what the hell we are talking about! Just depends on which side you fall on in terms of the digital divide.

Here is what i think people understand and need help with...

What people understand already!
-----------------------------------------
Wanting to save money
Wanting anonymity
Wanting secure purchasing that isnt used to profile you and send your credit to the craper becasue you spent $ by swiping your creditcard at a dispensary!

Wanting hassle free transactions with delivery where you purchase ahead of time from a dispensary without having to haggle with prices/quality/amount---->  with dealer/driver.

What people DONT understand!
--------------------------------------

bitcoin
encryption
mining
signing messages
wallet software
computing in general
exchanges ( some people cant see the difference between the exchange that poped up over night vs something that has been here for a while that has "community acceptance")

+100 More

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: