Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:05:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦  (Read 920050 times)
cackalacky

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 09:27:04 PM

pot.ogres is down

Yep we are being DDoS'ed at the moment. We have been sitting stable at around 10% of the network hashrate since a couple of days after launch. Not sure why some douchebag wants to target a smaller pool.

Anyway we are working with our hosting provider to get back up and running. In the meantime everyone's coins are safe. I would encourage everyone to use one of the smaller pools as a backup until we are back up and running.

Sorry about the downtime - I am as pissed off as anyone that some lowlife wants to try and monopolize the network.

-Michael

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davetheshrew

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:31:38 PM

pot.ogres is down

Yep we are being DDoS'ed at the moment. We have been sitting stable at around 10% of the network hashrate since a couple of days after launch. Not sure why some douchebag wants to target a smaller pool.

Anyway we are working with our hosting provider to get back up and running. In the meantime everyone's coins are safe. I would encourage everyone to use one of the smaller pools as a backup until we are back up and running.

Sorry about the downtime - I am as pissed off as anyone that some lowlife wants to try and monopolize the network.

-Michael

No worries man hope it gets sorted soon. I only mine at pot ogres Smiley

My [POT] address PKGbqyqnVLvMoxmYq1YAm7dKAxue52LeNj
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 09:47:01 PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2014/01/29/medical-marijuana-will-be-on-florida-ballot/

Correct me if im wrong .. Cryptsy is in Florida?

I can think of a really good reason why POT is not "on" yet!

Hopefully Floridians go can vote..

This has nothing to do with the legal status of MMJ in Florida.  It has to do with an internet coin that uses the name.  We're not trading drugs.

-Fuse

potcoins are a crypto currency whos sole purpose is to be the default currency for "medical marijuana" where it is legal! i think the legalitys of it all is very relavant.

From potcoins.info (about page )

PotCoin was designed to empower, secure and facilitate the Cannabis community's daily transactions. The now legalized Marijuana industry is calling out for its own distinct crypto-currency - PotCoin effectively forms a global community with each coin holder a participant anchored in this new economy. On every level of the Cannabis industry users can trust PotCoin to lend credibility and security this exponentially growing community. We are here to give our full support in all ways possible to this incredible industry and build this community together

--

So no we are not trading drugs but we are using a currency whos sole purpose is too facilitate the cannibus industry which is only legal in some places.. one of which "maybe" florida after the coming elections.. and hence the reason i brought it up!

https://www.cryptsy.com/pages/about

Project Investors Inc DBA Cryptsy
1300 NW 17th Ave Suite 270
Delray Beach, FL 33445
USA
They don't specify what the coin is used for. The cannabis industry isn't restricted to dispensaries/the actual drug.

Try convincing a judge that..

If you are some flyby night russian exchange you dont have to consider that but if you are in the states and you want to operate above board which i think Cryptsy does..   You must consider the legal implications. There is a grey area there.

You'd have to be very naive to think Craptsy is anywhere near a legitimate exchange.  Their servers are never running properly, people constantly have deposits and orders stuck, plus there was even the bug which allowed you to withdraw into negative funds.  I have a lot more faith in BTC-e which actually operates with a little integrity.  Cryptsy adds any and every coin because they desperate to soak up everything they can while their scam still runs.  Has anyone even been to craptsy before?  I mean I've actually been to Vault of Satoshi and they have a huge operation compared to them and have such less volume.  I'm all for going to bigger exchanges but crypsty is not any place I would trust with my Potcoin.

Cryptsy has there share of problems.. but i bet they are still here in 1 year from now... You dont see anyone saying go vote at the vault of satoshi or btc-e for POT do you? Not to say they arent ok exchanges, especially btc-e, ive had a good experience there. But thats besides the point, Cryptsy has made a home for itself in the Alt coin world and they have somewhat of a following.. Most have a love and hate feeling about them but go in any alt coin thread and you will find "go vote for us on Crypsty" ..

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:54:23 PM

speaking of that.... GO VOTE!!!!!

https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/73070/

and sit and just chill Smiley

SCryptoMiners

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:05:24 PM

pot.ogres is down

-Michael

By my count, that's 4 pot pools who have been targeted:
scryptominers
bitember
criptoe
ogres

I've been dealing with DDoS almost non stop for the past few days.

If it's not DDoS they are flooding the stratum ports. It's beyond frustrating.

Join a reliable mining pool: POT | WC (Whitecoin) | DUCK
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 10:14:28 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 10:29:16 PM by zedicus

pot.ogres is down

-Michael

By my count, that's 4 pot pools who have been targeted:
scryptominers
bitember
criptoe
ogres

I've been dealing with DDoS almost non stop for the past few days.

If it's not DDoS they are flooding the stratum ports. It's beyond frustrating.

Man that sucks SCryptoMiners! I have been at bitember from the start.. They recovered well from the other attacks so im hoping they come alive here soon and reroute the bad traffic into a black hole.

Hopefully you guys are up.. im currently pool hunting .. may come check you out!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:46:51 PM

Dude, this story is absolute nonsense.  Potcoin is not accepted at ANY dispensaries.  Not to mention there are not 3000 dispensaries in the world.  Links like this really don't provide any legitimacy to this coin. 
sevoque

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:22:44 PM

Dude, this story is absolute nonsense.  Potcoin is not accepted at ANY dispensaries.  Not to mention there are not 3000 dispensaries in the world.  Links like this really don't provide any legitimacy to this coin. 

but imagine this WERE true... there is no spoon nigga

this is $50 per coin
Khaoimon

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:34:32 PM

I removed it for being misleading, "I would like to clarify that our new version of www.PotLocator.com is still in development and will be launched later this year. We have NOT yet contacted any dispensaries or businesses about their willingness to accept potcoins/bitcoins. Having said that we do see a potential in this type of concept for our industry and will be developing our sites accordingly. " from reddit.
nomad13666
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:35:22 PM

but imagine this WERE true... there is no spoon nigga

this is $50 per coin

I'm calling it $100
Lowkek

Activity: 157

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:36:18 PM

Selling potcoins, 1k = 0.03 btc
https://coin-swap.net/trade/publickey/zcVCG28i
https://coin-swap.net/trade/publickey/wOrNtjB6
stansy

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:46:59 PM

100 POT for 0.0025

https://coin-swap.net/trade/publickey/6ZbpLVmV
kdial1

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:12:59 AM

Hold everyone...  It is coming....  Gynoplasty posted an important link in our subreddit.

Edit:  rewrote because link was not allowed to be posted.
Viceroy

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:26:28 AM

I removed it for being misleading, "I would like to clarify that our new version of www.PotLocator.com is still in development and will be launched later this year. We have NOT yet contacted any dispensaries or businesses about their willingness to accept potcoins/bitcoins. Having said that we do see a potential in this type of concept for our industry and will be developing our sites accordingly. " from reddit.

I don't understand the point here.  This company has almost zero influence in the market so partnering with them means almost nothing.  Wouldn't the better approach be to sell a physical PotCoin at the dispensaries and have the proceeds fund a legalization foundation?

davetheshrew

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:17:42 AM

The devs had nothing to do with the price it was a guy who made a sale on reddit that started it all. So all the haters cometh, to be expected Smiley

Viceroy

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:22:53 AM

Hey Dave,

It's your turn in the now infamous thread here:
http://bitcoinstory.org/potcoin-acceptance-at-over-3000-marijuana-dispensaries

davetheshrew

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:25:02 AM

Hey Dave,

oh dont worry I had my say earlier Viceroy Smiley Im entitled to my opinion and you are entitled to yours mate Im just a bit concerned about your comments about potcoin IRC because to my knowledge there has been zero talk of hiding money from govt coffers etc.

sevoque

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:25:08 AM

The devs had nothing to do with the price it was a guy who made a sale on reddit that started it all. So all the haters cometh, to be expected Smiley

He probably sold it to his buddy sitting next to him.
Creating bids and playing both sides is not hard and very apparent in an illiquid market.

e = mc vagina

vagina

i want to have sex in your vagina
sevoque

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:26:31 AM

Hey Dave,

oh dont worry I had my say earlier Viceroy Smiley Im entitled to my opinion and you are entitled to yours mate Im just a bit concerned about your comments about potcoin IRC because to my knowledge there has been zero talk of hiding money from govt coffers etc.

shills everywhere..

excerpt from IRC :
<davetheshrew> I love sevoque
<sevoque> you ma nigga, nigga
<davetheshrew> what you gona do with all your internet monies?
<sevoque> Stick it up my bum bum so the government cannot get to it without getting covered in poo
<davetheshrew> thats the perfect hiding spot, im glad we had this discussion..take that society!
davetheshrew

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:28:04 AM

Hey Dave,

shills everywhere..

excerpt from IRC :
<davetheshrew> I love sevoque
<sevoque> you ma nigga, nigga
<davetheshrew> what you gona do with all your internet monies?
<sevoque> Stick it up my bum bum so the government cannot get to it without getting covered in poo
<davetheshrew> thats the perfect hiding spot, im glad we had this discussion..take that society!

Tru dat, shhhhhhh I have them over a barrel here

Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: