Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:00:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 [283] 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 ... 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦  (Read 920055 times)
dopecoindude
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 05:24:40 PM

IMO there is no need to consolidate them unless its decided that there should be only one weed coin. Who makes that decision? No clue.
I do agree that the idea for a weedcoin multi wallet is a good one, possibly get the coinomi people on it and brand it as such. No need for the destruction IMO, coinomi has integrated shapeshift for the coins it supports, so someone from the weed coins would need to work towards getting shapeshift support.

We can build it as we are on coinomi and have an android wallet and have a good dev. who can do this kind of work.  We've been talking to shapeshift and waiting to hear back. If everyone puts there mind to it big things can happen.

It is here folks. DopeCoinGOLD . The #1 Crypto-Weed Coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dopecoindude
Legendary

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 05:51:14 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2015, 07:08:23 PM by dopecoindude

Dopecoindude....I actually like this guy....has some good intentions, but i'm not sure encouraging adoption and use of Dopecoin for nefarious transactions is the right pitch.

Thanks  Grin

Yes, that is always has been the knock on DopeCoin , but the fact is any crypto is going to be used for nefarious activities. I still recall Potcoin saying they would ban people who use it PotCoin  to buy things other then Pot. I never looked back and dumped all my Potcoin after that Grin  It isn't realistic. People will use Potcoin for whatever they want. As for the name of DOPEcoin is suppose to be 'cool' also and as in the movie DOPE shows you that is the case. But, your point is taken pinchecobadre.

Btw: The whole concept of the 420 JOINT alliance ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=874423.0 ) was built for this. I started the idea basically to bring a 'foundation' type org. to the crypto scene.

Jahvinci

Activity: 335
Merit: 45

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 07:59:42 PM

Dopecoindude....I actually like this guy....has some good intentions, but i'm not sure encouraging adoption and use of Dopecoin for nefarious transactions is the right pitch.

Thanks  Grin

Yes, that is always has been the knock on DopeCoin , but the fact is any crypto is going to be used for nefarious activities. I still recall Potcoin saying they would ban people who use it PotCoin  to buy things other then Pot. I never looked back and dumped all my Potcoin after that Grin  It isn't realistic. People will use Potcoin for whatever they want. As for the name of DOPEcoin is suppose to be 'cool' also and as in the movie DOPE shows you that is the case. But, your point is taken pinchecobadre.

Btw: The whole concept of the 420 JOINT alliance ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=874423.0 ) was built for this. I started the idea basically to bring a 'foundation' type org. to the crypto scene.

Pinche makes a valid point, however I don't see why some time and energy rebranding couldn't fix it. Maybe come up with an acronym for DOPE, encouraging licit use or direct focus toward different aspects of the coin, like security or even going green with POS. I think Pinche is just pointing out that the current branding isn't optimal in terms of adoption.

www.Motacoin.net - Launched March 18th, 2018 - Los Angeles based Cannabis Cryptocurrency!
www.Instagram.com/Motacoin | www.T.me/MotaCoin
www.Twitter.com/Motacoin_ | https://discord.gg/KMJrZZp
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 05:32:28 PM

I have been trying different amounts for the max split setting using this address: PSbEfgz1EVA5z2mNwwbiTftgPBzFjhY6p5

The latest amount I have been testing is a max split setting of 100.

Some observations...as we already know, reducing the max stake causes you to stake more often but with a smaller reward. The address above has about 81k worth of Potcoin but only about 6K is currently staked leaving the rest for new blocks or to be spent. The wallet anticipates a new stake every 6 minutes with the current difficulty of .0024.

When I was testing with a max split of 5K about 46k was staked with whatever the difficulty was at the time. We know that decreasing the max split will cause more stakes to occur but also increase the difficulty.

I think the time coins spend being "staked" is 8 hours before they are available again.

Thoughts?

It seems that making the value smaller would make the coin more usable. I brought up earlier that people looking to use the coin in a transaction can't stake their coins, missing out on possible interest. Having a smaller % of coins staked at any one time would help. Plus that's more staking, which should improve the network's health.

I don't know if its really necessary to make it user selectable. I think we should be able to come up with a reasonable value that works well, at least for now while the network is small.

One side effect of staking too often is an increase in the size of your wallet file. Have gone back to using the 5k version as that is currently staking every hour or so (with the current difficulty) vs every 6 minutes. I noticed the difficulty go way down by doing so....from .0021 to .0011.

The default wallet stakes a few times a day (2-3 I think) due to all your coins being used up (if you have under 2 million) and the 8 hours to maturity. I am considering going back to using that as I personally don't need to be staking that often. Yes it will reduce the difficulty but we should still see close to 40 second block times.

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 01:38:29 PM

.....consolidation, while an excellent idea, would really be a pipe dream and will never EVER happen given the personalities at the helm of all these coins are either no where to be found, can't see past their own egos or are just unprofessional imbeciles who no one would ever want to work with. 

The problem all coins face is adoption.....the technology is all there....it's sound, it works, but no one in the legitimate cannabis-industry is willing to take the risks....largely due to the fucking imbeciles claiming to be DEVs and the cesspool that is BCTalk......one a side note, I would never EVER encourage ANY business person to come read the fucking bullshit that goes on here.

Anyway, back to the consolidation idea and why it's a pointless discussion, let's look at the so called DEVS of some of these coins...

Potcoin....PotLabs who? They've all but abandoned the community and don't give a shit when the community calls for change. "Let's Grow Together?"...... What a joke!

Cannacoin....seriously?Huh Bunch of pre-pubescent stereotypical fuck-wads....Josh is a good developer, but needs to be locked in a hole coding and the muzzle kept on him tightly....and his brother locked up in jail with no internet access.  Josh chose "family" over his project and let his brother James do so much PR damage with his vendetta against CANN. Since working with Josh means you have to deal with his dipshit brother, Cannacoin wouldn't be worth the time.

Cannabiscoin have been unjustifiably attacked by those Cannacoin fuck-tards....Deltanine's greatest admirers....there's no chance in hell he'll want to work with anyone given the attacks he's received at the hands for the CCN people - I don't blame him either.  Also, if you chose to believe all the crap that has been written about them, why would we want to work with him......NEXT...

Maryjanecoin ..... Adam Garrity....for real? You'd be lucky to have your question stay in his thread for 5 mins before he lays down his censorship hammer and deletes your post.  He's another who thinks he's God's gift to the crypto-space, that everyone is beneath him and all others are copycats of his ideas....GOD forbid you tell him his "dabbubbleconcentrates.com" website looks like it wws developed by a five year old.....Adam will not work with anyone.

Jahvinci and the new Motacoin.....I also like this guy....he was directly responsible for hyping MARYJ to some stellar prices, but hyping and pump and dumps shouldn't be the focal point.....adoption should.  It's too early to tell how Jahvinci and Motacoin will fare, but he seems motivated and may be worth putting your faith in him.....just don't ask Adam Garrity about him as he'll quickly tell you some bullshit scam story, rather than STFU.....another sign of how much of an unprofessional loser Adam is....the better man wouldn't say shit.

Rdyoung, you have some decent ideas, but you're a lot like Adam Garrity in that you just can't handle criticisms AT ALL. You are convinced nyc2fuse is a moron who can't possibly grasp what your saying.  Your responses are riddled with unfounded accusations of stupidity, when that's clearly not the case. Nyc2fuse writes as intelligently as anyone I've seen here and you'd be wise to take some pointers.  With each one of your lame tirades at nyc2fuse, you look more and more childish to the reader.  I'd work on that if I were you, otherwise, no one will take you seriously; why would we when you can't seem to maintain a civil and intelligent exchange.

It's a shame because you're so passionate about cryptos and we need people like you, but not if you're unwilling to debate without resorting to childish remarks like...."clearly you either don't grasp ... Yadda yadda yadda or you're just an idiot".... These.types of exchanges are nauseating.

Anyway, sorry for the tirade....I needed a .moment to vent.

The world needs more blunt honesty.
Well Done.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=874423.0
stop by the #420 JFA

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
dopecoindude
Legendary

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2015, 03:40:28 AM

Thanks  Grin

Pinche makes a valid point, however I don't see why some time and energy rebranding couldn't fix it. Maybe come up with an acronym for DOPE, encouraging licit use or direct focus toward different aspects of the coin, like security or even going green with POS. I think Pinche is just pointing out that the current branding isn't optimal in terms of adoption.

Thanks Jahvinci!

Yes, there can be some re-purposing of the term DOPE toward some theme this is true.  Right, I get the point that Pinche is making that adoption might not come in the from of DopeCoin per say , but then again dogecoin got adoption so who knows!  Cheesy

dopecoindude
Legendary

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2015, 03:47:30 AM

The world needs more blunt honesty.
Well Done.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=874423.0
stop by the #420 JFA

BitcoinNational did a bang up job! I highly recommend anyone who wants a snap shot on everything crypto and cannabis to check out his write-up.

Tripjammer

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:56:48 PM

I used the bootstrap.dat and I am still 8 weeks behind. My wallet won't sync...Anybody got any good nodes?

WishFinanceAlternative lending platform for SMEs
      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Oct, XX Crowdsale  |  Aim for +YY% bonus!      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬       
[ WishFinance tread ]  ●  [ Whitepaper ]  ●  [ Telegram ]
Tripjammer

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 07:04:01 PM

have no connection to the wallet since 3 day sombody same problem?

Do you have other wallets running with a connection to their networks? Have you made any changes to your computer or routers firewall that might be blocking the connections?
You can grab a list of nodes from https://chainz.cryptoid.info/pot/#!network
Copy and paste the entire list to a "potcoin.conf" file in the same folder as your blockchain, if your on windows its under appdata\roaming, you can browse there in an explorer window by using %appdata% and hitting enter.  

Thanks bro!
This worked!

WishFinanceAlternative lending platform for SMEs
      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Oct, XX Crowdsale  |  Aim for +YY% bonus!      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬       
[ WishFinance tread ]  ●  [ Whitepaper ]  ●  [ Telegram ]
Lore06

Activity: 792
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:21:23 AM

This coin is gonna delisted from bittrex if there will be no volume

MEGABSC FINANCE - HYBRID DEFI ON BINANCE SMART CHAIN 
                                            WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:30:26 AM

I doubt Rex would be foolish enough to delist POT.

But here's the solution.
Cryptsy was the main market.
It is no longer because to buy $1 of POT you will need to be KYC and they keep your coins until you comply.
NOPE!

So go trade on bittrex until the man catches up to them Wink

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
midnight_miner

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

We only want the FACTS!

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 10:09:04 PM

PotCoin still lives for another week on Bittrex.  But the price is taking a slide.

Probably a direct result of the lack of visibility of the developers.

Anybody know where this Coin is going on the roadmap?
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 10:35:10 PM

PotCoin still lives for another week on Bittrex.  But the price is taking a slide.

Nowhere. I've inquired about some of the stuff on the roadmap that should have been completed already and gotten no response. Development is effectively dead. There has been a push to form some sort of alliance between coins but I've yet to see any technical benefits to doing that, or even a software platform that can actually tie them together.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
2Pac

Activity: 749
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 10:39:09 PM

This coin is gonna delisted from bittrex if there will be no volume

The question is who will make the trade volume? How many traders use the site actively?
midnight_miner

We only want the FACTS!

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 11:24:49 PM

Nowhere. I've inquired about some of the stuff on the roadmap that should have been completed already and gotten no response. Development is effectively dead. There has been a push to form some sort of alliance between coins but I've yet to see any technical benefits to doing that, or even a software platform that can actually tie them together.

Canada moving to legalize marijuana in April 2016, and the weed theme coins are all on there way out.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/10/20/canadas-new-governing-party-promises-legalize-regulate-marijuana-sales/74260334/

I guess the market will need to rely on goverment loan sharks and high transactions fee based systems from the banks to do business.

Time for a new platform that is shopper friendly not just geek friendly.
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 01:48:45 AM

PotCoin still lives for another week on Bittrex.  But the price is taking a slide.

Canada moving to legalize marijuana in April 2016, and the weed theme coins are all on there way out.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/10/20/canadas-new-governing-party-promises-legalize-regulate-marijuana-sales/74260334/

I guess the market will need to rely on goverment loan sharks and high transactions fee based systems from the banks to do business.

In all honesty I think its just going to be Bitcoin that fills the role. Its the most established and already poised for it. Projects like OpenBazaar will make it possible to buy anything with Bitcoin, and there are already BTC payment processors for the retail stores

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
midnight_miner

We only want the FACTS!

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 03:46:31 AM

PotCoin still lives for another week on Bittrex.  But the price is taking a slide.

In all honesty I think its just going to be Bitcoin that fills the role. Its the most established and already poised for it. Projects like OpenBazaar will make it possible to buy anything with Bitcoin, and there are already BTC payment processors for the retail stores

Then my next questions is why have any other coin?

If BTC has it now why bother!  All the little inter-altcoin tiffs and skurfs are not bringing any reputable commerce to the cann/weed/pot/maryj (did I miss a few) coin market.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 05:00:21 AM

Then my next questions is why have any other coin?

If BTC has it now why bother!  All the little inter-altcoin tiffs and skurfs are not bringing any reputable commerce to the cann/weed/pot/maryj (did I miss a few) coin market.

There were a couple of reasons, pretty solid ones: You would make a 5% yield annually on your saving in POT and you would save another 5% with respect to BTC in your purchases of POT. Not earth-shattering, but solid, no doubt... Conceivably also, you could potentially earn significantly more via appreciation if -huge IF- more users came into the fold via promotions and general adoption/legalization. It was -still is- a very nice project... BUT, RIGHT NOW THIS IS A PROJECT LEFT ON IT'S OWN, FULLY ABANDONED AND WITH NO DEVELOPMENT WHATSOEVER. Of any kind. Hence, the price disaster which, evidently, affects the whole ecosystem for not even the most adventurous retailers would risk any operations to be carried on this disaster of operation. PotLabs is, obviously, not just incompetent in every possible way,but also not even in touch with anything related to POT at this point. And there's no one else. So it is marching on autopilot towards total obsolescence.

But could have very easily be a triumph, a long term success. Still can but not with anyone remotely resembling PotLabs around. 

GJayJayG

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 08:51:59 AM

There has been a long, slow, agonizing silence from where Potcoin is going, and those that are suppose to be in "charge" or the Dev and support Team from PotLab - PotCoin.

The PotCoin community should have a "clear/better" answers and visions where we are going, what is going on, what should be done and where PotLab/dev Team is doing (still up there Huh)

The lack of update/announcement/follow up, have only hurt Potcoin. Some news and other change (New Canadian Prime Minister - New legalized US State - upcoming Cannabis related events), should/could have but us back in the right path, but nothings seems to be happening and so the believer and investor confidence are going up in smoke and disappearring slowly.

If the Dev Team / Potlab can not or are not able to go on with it roadmap, it would be better to let know the community so that we might "take over" and push forward. Not knowing what is going on only stop us and prevent us to move forward.

Still have hope for Potcoin that it is not too late to redresse the situation before the interress and price fall so low that Potcoin seems like so many other Scam/Mismanage other Coin.

Let's try to keep things moving forward, rolling and positive

In the hope it can make Potcoin strong again.
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:25:54 PM

I am planning on launching a weed coin market making asset in the coming days.
If anyone here wants to be involved, please send me a pm. I am looking for a few larger investors to get it off the ground.

The basic idea is as follows.
50% of the asset will be used to invest in various weedcoins to stake, the other 50% will be used for arbitrage and possibly HFT if I can find the right algo.
For the short term, 75% will be held back to reinvest in more staked coins and the 25% will be paid out as dividends, either weekly or twice a month depending on size and earnings.
To keep things simple it will probably launch on NXT Asset Exchange, but I will probably do colored coins as well.
Pages: « 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 [283] 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 ... 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: