Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:33:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦  (Read 920055 times)
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 07:22:31 AM

There's some accumulation taking place. It seems to be an individual just accumulating discreetly (nothing big, like 2 BTC or so so far). Why? Given that it is just one individual doing it, it is really meaningless but one has to wonder what does he see in the future to buy a significant amount under 250... Baffling.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190

Kaspa

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 07:58:48 AM

There's some accumulation taking place. It seems to be an individual just accumulating discreetly (nothing big, like 2 BTC or so so far). Why? Given that it is just one individual doing it, it is really meaningless but one has to wonder what does he see in the future to buy a significant amount under 250... Baffling.

I'm getting 8 active connections on my wallet, blockchain has been running smooth and is staking well... so why not? a lot of shittier coins do more than 2 btc a day.

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
Jugglex

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 03:45:49 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2016, 04:21:33 PM by Jugglex

Another look of this movement..

Accumulation is not the volume of a day or a week, the accumulation phase started some months ago as I can see on the chart.

Also with the network running well (it can improve as rdyoung said) and with the apps going well the price (in my opinion) is undervalued.

I think the community is looking that and now are starting to buy slowly and less coins are offered at this price.
There are not two or three…
Check it out Coingecko to see that Potcoin is top 15 on community score.
https://www.coingecko.com/en?sort_by=community_score

Being Potcoin leader on this huge legal niche, if some good news is coming, we will see really nice movements.
This is just the beginning. Now Potcoin needs to continue increase the adopters.

Can I be wrong? For sure  Grin
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 05:47:27 PM

Accumulation is not the volume of a day or a week, the accumulation phase started some months ago as I can see on the chart.

Also with the network running well (it can improve as rdyoung said) and with the apps going well the price (in my opinion) is undervalued.

I think the community is looking that and now are starting to buy slowly and less coins are offered at this price.

Being Potcoin leader on this huge legal niche, if some good news is coming, we will see really nice movements.
This is just the beginning. Now Potcoin needs to continue increase the adopters.

The wallet needs some work, thats a given, the network however is running a bit smoother thanks to @cartmanspc and the 100 threshold mod he sent me.
I can throw up a DL link for those that want to use it but just like anything else, neither cartmanspc or I are responsible for your house catching on fire or your getting get run over by a truck from the use of this modded wallet. I would suggest that only those with less than 100k use this 100pot threshold wallet, the # of inputs your wallet will create and need to track will be a serious resource hog. Hit me up via pm or find me on telegram @rdyoung
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 06:35:53 PM

I am going to disagree... on several fronts: Charts, number one, are so incredibly irrelevant given the volumes that are not worth mentioning them. Lets just say that ONE BTC alone would have bought the entire volume of months of trading -the past few months-, so that is just crap. Irrelevant crap at that. Now, what you can see, clearly, -very modest as it is- is the accumulation taking place in the last couple of days with BUYS and up to 40-50 thousand coins per trade at the HIGHEST LEVELS pricewise. And that starkly contrast with the total lack of volume of the past months, even though, I repeat, it remains modest, very modest.

As for it being due to "improvements in the network", that is simply absurd. POT is all but OUT for good, since the purpose for which it was created -buy POT at a discount and make a nice 5% yearly on your savings- is no longer. It was a total failure: No one is selling pot for POT, so there goes the whole project... which is artificially maintained by a few "believers" looking to check out... if at all possible at higher levels than this. That is the reality of the POT project as it stands today, on the edge of disappearing for good.

The rest is just interested (temporarily so: Until they can get out of it) hyperbole.
Jugglex

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 06:54:38 PM

I am going to disagree... on several fronts: Charts, number one, are so incredibly irrelevant given the volumes that are not worth mentioning them. Lets just say that ONE BTC alone would have bought the entire volume of months of trading -the past few months-, so that is just crap. Irrelevant crap at that. Now, what you can see, clearly, -very modest as it is- is the accumulation taking place in the last couple of days with BUYS and up to 40-50 thousand coins per trade at the HIGHEST LEVELS pricewise. And that starkly contrast with the total lack of volume of the past months, even though, I repeat, it remains modest, very modest.

As for it being due to "improvements in the network", that is simply absurd. POT is all but OUT for good, since the purpose for which it was created -buy POT at a discount and make a nice 5% yearly on your savings- is no longer. It was a total failure: No one is selling pot for POT, so there goes the whole project... which is artificially maintained by a few "believers" looking to check out... if at all possible at higher levels than this. That is the reality of the POT project as it stands today, on the edge of disappearing for good.

The rest is just interested (temporarily so: Until they can get out of it) hyperbole.

@barabbas, nice to exchange approaches.

I agree with you about selling Pot for Pot but remember that we are on earlier stages.
I think first we needed to get the network working as well as possible and others features rolling on like apps, web wallet and easy exchange.

About the chart, is not about BTC, it is about POT volume. If the price spike it is because less people are selling at this price, and the chart now is not clear due Cryptsy issues. But if you consolidate all the exchanges you can see that the accumulation started months ago. Anyway is not to do an issue about it.
The time will tell us. Thanks for the exchange.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 07:20:59 PM

lol Pot isn't even close to being legal state or Canada wide, so POT is literally doing fine on the side lines at the moment. I couldn't give a heck what a few cynical people think... if you're just looking to get out then get out, but don't claim to know what everyone else is doing. it will most likely be years before pot is fully legal in Canada & US and it will be years till BTC is fully mainstream and accepted at all pot shops etc... the race is far from done

WAVES
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 07:40:41 PM

lol Pot isn't even close to being legal state or Canada wide, so POT is literally doing fine on the side lines at the moment. I couldn't give a heck what a few cynical people think... if you're just looking to get out then get out, but don't claim to know what everyone else is doing. it will most likely be years before pot is fully legal in Canada & US and it will be years till BTC is fully mainstream and accepted at all pot shops etc... the race is far from done

Where are you getting that crypto isn't fully legal?
The IRS and fincen both agree that btc and by extension all blockchain based coins are a commodity. It is perfectly legal to do business via an exchange of any good for good, IE I can buy a car from you for wheat or a laptop, whatever we agree upon. I have done a LOT of research and reading on this and I am 99% sure I know the way that crypto will go in the eyes of regulators at the federal level, here in the states at least, I can't speak to other countries.

States are slowly deciding how to regulate and account for crypto based transactions and business and those that go the extreme route and make all persons a defacto MSB will lose out big time over the long term. Deciding how to regulate something does not make it illegal until said regulation is in place.

We do indeed have a very long road ahead of us before crypto is seen as mainstream, but the way I see it happening is not that people will be using BTC/POT/LTC/etc, they will be using a "normal" debit card or swipe2pay without realizing that crypto is whats running behind the scenes. Reddcoin is working on what they call redd-id that will basically be usernames on the blockchain that are tied to addresses, this will make rdd exponentially easier to use by the mainstream. It would be nice if pot/dope/etc would help in whatever way they can to make this happen so that they can be the first to implement this on their blockchain.

If I was in a weed friendly state I would most definitely be pushing potcoin/dope/etc to legal weed establishments to get the ball rolling. We need 1 of 2 things to happen first, either customers start asking for stores to accept it or businesses take the first step. After that its all about getting the rest of the supply chain to use it and possibly pay their workers in it thus beginning the cycle that keeps coins out of exchanges and in circulation just like any other currency.

Again, please point me to any state or federally published documents that state that crypto is in anyway "illegal". Any links to "coin news" sites will be summarily ignored.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 07:55:42 PM

The IRS and fincen both agree that btc and by extension all blockchain based coins are a commodity. It is perfectly legal to do business via an exchange of any good for good, IE I can buy a car from you for wheat or a laptop, whatever we agree upon. I have done a LOT of research and reading on this and I am 99% sure I know the way that crypto will go in the eyes of regulators at the federal level, here in the states at least, I can't speak to other countries.

States are slowly deciding how to regulate and account for crypto based transactions and business and those that go the extreme route and make all persons a defacto MSB will lose out big time over the long term. Deciding how to regulate something does not make it illegal until said regulation is in place.

We do indeed have a very long road ahead of us before crypto is seen as mainstream, but the way I see it happening is not that people will be using BTC/POT/LTC/etc, they will be using a "normal" debit card or swipe2pay without realizing that crypto is whats running behind the scenes. Reddcoin is working on what they call redd-id that will basically be usernames on the blockchain that are tied to addresses, this will make rdd exponentially easier to use by the mainstream. It would be nice if pot/dope/etc would help in whatever way they can to make this happen so that they can be the first to implement this on their blockchain.

If I was in a weed friendly state I would most definitely be pushing potcoin/dope/etc to legal weed establishments to get the ball rolling. We need 1 of 2 things to happen first, either customers start asking for stores to accept it or businesses take the first step. After that its all about getting the rest of the supply chain to use it and possibly pay their workers in it thus beginning the cycle that keeps coins out of exchanges and in circulation just like any other currency.

Again, please point me to any state or federally published documents that state that crypto is in anyway "illegal". Any links to "coin news" sites will be summarily ignored.

I just meant Cannabis/weed isn't fully legal yet... wasn't referring to crypto legality. and yes even tho weed isn't legal in my province I still ask at pipe shops etc if I can pay in BTC/POT to start/keep the conversation going.

WAVES
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 08:36:31 PM

I just meant Cannabis/weed isn't fully legal yet... wasn't referring to crypto legality. and yes even tho weed isn't legal in my province I still ask at pipe shops etc if I can pay in BTC/POT to start/keep the conversation going.

That makes more sense. I have however seen this argument before from others that despite btc being a commodity and in no way illegal potcoin is somehow something that needs a separate stamp of approval.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:44:38 PM

If you back up about 50-100 pages on this thread, you can see that a shop advertised here (the owner was a convert to POT) and offered not only to accept POT as payment but accept it at a discount relative to BTC and, of course, dollar. And yet, it did not work. That was before the latest version of the wallet was successfully implemented. So yes the commerce is not only possible, it's a natural thing... except that NO ONE will buy POT in any significant amount for fear it won't be here a few weeks/months/years from now. And without that real-life use, this is just another copy/paste clone that brings nothing to the crypto table so, like I said, it is by any account already dismissed like so many other clones before.

Quick note for you: BTC is NEVER going to be mainstream. Ever. That doesn't mean it won't be used (it actually is being used -and abused- as we speak, and has for years... although one of the users, Microsoft, just started ceasing to accept it as payment), like all shorts of other electronic payment options.

Oh, I claim to know what I know, not what everyone is doing. That is clear, quite clear and reachable by anyone that can look up the blockchain and the exchanges volume on sells and buys. No mystery there. As for the race being far from done, you are the one that claims to "know" what everyone else is doing: I'll tell you what they are NOT doing (except for this johnny-come-late "accumulator": They are NOT buying this shit.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:52:26 PM

That makes more sense. I have however seen this argument before from others that despite btc being a commodity and in no way illegal potcoin is somehow something that needs a separate stamp of approval.

from what I can tell in Canada Crypto is going to be left alone by the gov for a few more years Cheesy  although if you cash any out for CA dollars you're supposed to declare it on your taxes (if it's a significant amount)

Once weed is legal in my province I'm going to do my best to get a job in the industry, lol I have lots of experience to put to good use and who knows if I'll start a small business if I can find a good niche.

I've taken another 20k POT off the market in the last few weeks and will continue to put a little trading profit towards it as I see fit... just like I do with MINT when it's below 10 sats, it's not much but it deff adds up over time.

WAVES
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:54:13 PM

If you back up about 50-100 pages on this thread, you can see that a shop advertised here (the owner was a convert to POT) and offered not only to accept POT as payment but accept it at a discount relative to BTC and, of course, dollar. And yet, it did not work. That was before the latest version of the wallet was successfully implemented. So yes the commerce is not only possible, it's a natural thing... except that NO ONE will buy POT in any significant amount for fear it won't be here a few weeks/months/years from now. And without that real-life use, this is just another copy/paste clone that brings nothing to the crypto table so, like I said, it is by any account already dismissed like so many other clones before.

Quick note for you: BTC is NEVER going to be mainstream. Ever. That doesn't mean it won't be used (it actually is being used -and abused- as we speak, and has for years... although one of the users, Microsoft, just started ceasing to accept it as payment), like all shorts of other electronic payment options.

Oh, I claim to know what I know, not what everyone is doing. That is clear, quite clear and reachable by anyone that can look up the blockchain and the exchanges volume on sells and buys. No mystery there. As for the race being far from done, you are the one that claims to "know" what everyone else is doing: I'll tell you what they are NOT doing (except for this johnny-come-late "accumulator": They are NOT buying this shit.

opinions and assholes... we all have them

and by the way didn't microsoft say it was a mistake and you can still use btc with them?

WAVES
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 10:00:46 PM

although one of the users, Microsoft, just started ceasing to accept it as payment), like all shorts of other electronic payment options.

Not true! It was a mistake that the news agency's picked up on. They continue to accept BTC as always.

“We continue to support Bitcoin for adding money to your Microsoft Account which can be used for purchasing content in the Windows and Xbox stores,” a Microsoft spokesperson told VentureBeat. “We apologize for inaccurate information that was inadvertently posted to a Microsoft site, which is currently being corrected.”

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 10:23:39 PM

although one of the users, Microsoft, just started ceasing to accept it as payment), like all shorts of other electronic payment options.

Not true! It was a mistake that the news agency's picked up on. They continue to accept BTC as always.

“We continue to support Bitcoin for adding money to your Microsoft Account which can be used for purchasing content in the Windows and Xbox stores,” a Microsoft spokesperson told VentureBeat. “We apologize for inaccurate information that was inadvertently posted to a Microsoft site, which is currently being corrected.”

If this is true, I stand corrected. I was aware of what was reported on the news recently -about a week ago-, not of the apparent correction...
Finger

Activity: 259
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 10:48:22 PM

Sell POT(i buy) & go for it -> buy ETH etc. such commodity (six feet under land on Mars), much value (in a year 2600). 
CartmanSPC
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 11:26:33 PM

If this is true, I stand corrected. I was aware of what was reported on the news recently -about a week ago-, not of the apparent correction...

That's the problem with most news agency's these days. They quickly report headline grabbing articles without confirming to beat the next news guy to the punch. Almost none of them bothered to reach out to MS for confirmation.

rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 12:04:09 AM

Sell POT(i buy) & go for it -> buy ETH etc. such commodity (six feet under land on Mars), much value (in a year 2600). 

ETH is riding on the wave of rumor as to what it can do and accomplish. The ETH bubble will burst eventually and the price will come back down to reality. I would suggest caution when buying into anything that is in the middle of a rally such as this, you never know when the correction will happen and how much value you will lose when it does.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 12:12:12 AM

from what I can tell in Canada Crypto is going to be left alone by the gov for a few more years Cheesy  although if you cash any out for CA dollars you're supposed to declare it on your taxes (if it's a significant amount)

Once weed is legal in my province I'm going to do my best to get a job in the industry, lol I have lots of experience to put to good use and who knows if I'll start a small business if I can find a good niche.

I've taken another 20k POT off the market in the last few weeks and will continue to put a little trading profit towards it as I see fit... just like I do with MINT when it's below 10 sats, it's not much but it deff adds up over time.

I am employing the same strategy with POT/DOPE/RDD/etc, taking a small % of profits from trading and sinking it into cold storage and compounding the rest.

Crypto won't be "left alone" in the states but as I posted previously the states that go with everyone is a defacto MSB because they mine or trade crypto will lose out big time as the crypto revolution pushes on. From a federal level, IE the IRS, FINCEN, FTCA, etc, crypto is a commodity and is not subject to "old world" rules and regs of those that are true MSBs such as stores that do wire transfers or exchanges that take in fiat from its clientele for trading. Not sure if/when it will happen or what it would take but crypto might be the catalyst to set a federal standard for MSBs. Its insane what it costs to do business in the states if you want to cover every state and offer services to every single possible customer.
CartmanSPC
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 08:37:32 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2016, 08:04:42 AM by CartmanSPC

This looks odd:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/pot/address.dws?PEPhKn9y3XJZcFTTWMHQvZFVLQ7fB2wX4X.htm

Have to wonder how he is staking all his coins so quickly when the rest of us have to wait 8ish hours.

Edit: Redacted

Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: