Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:19:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast BabyJet users thread  (Read 68940 times)
HF-Engineer

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:56:04 AM

Guys!  If you compile cgminer yourself, please be sure you enable the HashFast driver!  NO DRIVERS ARE ENABLED BY DEFAULT!

Here's how:
Code:
./configure --enable-hashfast

You should see this afterwards before you compile:
Code:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
cgminer 3.9.0h2
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Options Summary:

libcurl(GBT+getwork).: Enabled: -lcurl 
  curses.TUI...........: FOUND: -lncurses

Avalon.ASICs.........: Disabled
  BlackArrowMinion.ASIC: Disabled
  BlackArrow.ASICs.....: Disabled
  BFL.ASICs............: Disabled
  BitForce.FPGAs.......: Disabled
  BitFury.ASICs........: Disabled
  Drillbit.BitFury.....: Disabled
  Hashfast.ASICs.......: Enabled
  Icarus.ASICs/FPGAs...: Disabled
  Klondike.ASICs.......: Disabled
  KnC.ASICs............: Disabled
  ModMiner.FPGAs.......: Disabled

Compilation............: make (or gmake)
  CPPFLAGS.............:
  CFLAGS...............: -g -O2
  LDFLAGS..............:  -lpthread
  LDADD................: -ldl -lcurl   compat/jansson-2.5/src/.libs/libjansson.a -lpthread    -lm compat/libusb-1.0/libusb/.libs/libusb-1.0.a -ludev -lrt

Installation...........: make install (as root if needed, with 'su' or 'sudo')
  prefix...............: /usr/local

If not, you are missing something, and it likely won't work.

Again, we recommend 3.9.0h2 for best performance for now until new firmware is released.  (soon!)
Here's the source code: http://setup.hashfast.com/cgminer-3.9.0h2.tar.gz
(MD5: fdef15ae73b180deef74bc51df482eb0)

If you use our RPI image as configured, you will have a reliable mining system and will get updates as they are made available.  Here's my personal system mining away: http://setup.hashfast.com/rpi/

-Phil

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HF-Engineer

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:58:31 AM

if im not running into any issues, should i still upgrade?  i got shipped with the early version of minepeon (non hashfast version) and i updated to cgminer 3.10.

im hesitant to upgrade because of downtime and i dont want to start causing issue?  are there any benefits for me in the newer version?
You will not be able to receive any updates using the default version of MinePeon, and also you'll soon find it's relatively unreliable.  If it dies for any reason, it often fails to restart.  Our version keeps trying if something stops, and it has a RPI's hardware watchdog enabled.

-Phil
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:59:08 AM

You need to run as root or give access to your "tie" login. Con has outlined this in his readme.

https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/ASIC-README

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
HF-Engineer

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:00:22 AM

@HF Engineer,
So you can/will be pushing out software improvements to the physical chips/modules and so we should have a rpi handy to update it?
That's what I advise for the time being.  We will be releasing an update utility as soon as possible for those not running on a RPI, but RPI users will be first to get the updates until that occurs.

-Phil
HF-Engineer

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:06:06 AM

Question 1: Will you be pushing firmware updates without any manual component, meaning if I follow these instructions the firmware for my device will be updated without any warning and I will not even be notified?

Question 2: Will the updating of firmware occur for all devices that I have hooked up to a single Rpi?  Meaning if I have 10 babyjets all plugged into one USB hub which hub is plugged into my RPi will the firmware for all 10 devices be updated?
Answer 1: Yes, we will push the firmware and software updates whenever they are ready.  If you do not want to accept them, you can uncheck the "Enable HashFast updates" box on the settings page of your RPI's web interface and then at your choosing perform a manual update.

Answer 2: We don't advise running that many units on only one RPI, it's likely a bit too much load for the little guy!

We are going to test the update mechanism to be sure it will update everything reliably and won't break anything, though I don't think we'll test any more than 3 systems on one RPI.  Worst-case is you might have to unplug some units and restart the RPI a few times with only a few units connected.

Our goal is to get you the most uptime possible, so we're going to tune the update process to be a smooth as possible and require no hassles if we can help it.

-Phil
legendroute

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:09:13 AM

Yeah, I just got my BJ yesterday, I had the same issue. The brand new shipped BJ just does not start up. I have confirmed Raspberry Pi is defective, cause the HDMI has no output to the monitor at all. Do you know how to diagnose the Baby Jet itself? After I plugged in power cord and turned on power switch on the power supply, nothing happened. I can see there is power switch and two LED lights on each side, but they are just dark, do you those two LED light are supposed to be on after the power supply is turned on? Thank you!
Please reload your SD card, that is all that's wrong with your Raspberry Pi.  Note that the monitor will not show anything for about 3-4 minutes when first plugged in, as it must get the current software and install it first.  Then, it will reboot and you should get a display on any HDMI monitor or TV.

Note that you do not need a monitor.  The terminal screen is available from the web interface.

Here's the SD reload instructions: http://hashfast.com/how-to-update-babyjets-raspberry-pi-sd-card-software/

Please got here for setup instructions and to access your Miner's web interface after it updates (3-4 minutes): http://setup.hashfast.com/

Sorry for the trouble, but you should be able to get up and running within about 20 minutes total if you follow these instructions.

-Phil

Thank you Phil. Actually I did what the instruction says. The issue is that the LED indicator of the port on my switch does not even show the internet connection is every enabled on RB Pi. So I think it has no chance to download any uploads. Are you sure the reload can fix the NIC issue? Anyway, I am trying, will update soon. Thanks again!
HF-Engineer

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:15:18 AM

What is the status of your support ticket? I just checked the one I made yesterday where I asked if I could return or exchange my BJ underwarranty and I noticed it was marked as CLOSED with no response from HashFast at all.

I'm pretty angry about this. I don't understand how they could deny a warranty claim made just hours after I received the unit. Its still hashing now, btw, but averaging just around 220 GH/s :-/.
I made it a point to get in our the support queue now.  Send an email (do not call, this is not working well), and I'll see what I can do to make sure you get taken care of.

We also just hired new people specifically to deal with support, so please try again and be patient.  Most of the support queue is clogged full of things such as questions about shipments, MPP, etc.  Please title your request "BJ only doing 220 GH" and I see if I can dig it out.

-Phil
HF-Engineer

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:23:08 AM

Thank you Phil. Actually I did what the instruction says. The issue is that the LED indicator of the port on my switch does not even show the internet connection is every enabled on RB Pi. So I think it has no chance to download any uploads. Are you sure the reload can fix the NIC issue? Anyway, I am trying, will update soon. Thanks again!
We've shipped tons of these things, and I have yet to see one with a bad NIC.  There have been plenty of bad SD cards though.  Note that a bad SD image will fail to initialize the NIC and there will be no ethernet lights or link.

Follow the reload instructions and then be sure you can see a 94meg partition with the following files:
Code:
total 24M
 18K bootcode.bin
2.0K cmdline.txt
2.0K cmdline.txte
2.0K config.txt
2.0K config.txt~
 20K COPYING.linux
4.0K fixup_cd.dat
6.0K fixup.dat
 10K fixup_x.dat
9.4M kernel_emergency.img
8.3M kernel.img
2.0K LICENCE.broadcom
470K start_cd.elf
2.4M start.elf
3.4M start_x.elf

If not, see if you can grab another SD card (2G min) and try the image there.   Seems like some people have had difficulty installing the image, so be sure to uncompress the image first and then use the proper method to write the card.  Tech support can send you one if you like, simply send an email with the subject "Replacement SD card request" as the subject.

-Phil
legendroute

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:50:28 AM

We've shipped tons of these things, and I have yet to see one with a bad NIC.  There have been plenty of bad SD cards though.  Note that a bad SD image will fail to initialize the NIC and there will be no ethernet lights or link.

Follow the reload instructions and then be sure you can see a 94meg partition with the following files:
Code:
total 24M
 18K bootcode.bin
2.0K cmdline.txt
2.0K cmdline.txte
2.0K config.txt
2.0K config.txt~
 20K COPYING.linux
4.0K fixup_cd.dat
6.0K fixup.dat
 10K fixup_x.dat
8.3M kernel.img
2.0K LICENCE.broadcom
470K start_cd.elf
2.4M start.elf
3.4M start_x.elf

If not, see if you can grab another SD card (2G min) and try the image there.   Seems like some people have had difficulty installing the image, so be sure to uncompress the image first and then use the proper method to write the card.  Tech support can send you one if you like, simply send an email with the subject "Replacement SD card request" as the subject.

-Phil

Hi Phil,
After reload I can see 94meg partition with above files(But no config.txt~ and cmdline.txte). Still does not boot. Any Idea?
legendroute

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:27:18 AM

Code:
total 24M
 18K bootcode.bin
2.0K cmdline.txt
2.0K cmdline.txte
2.0K config.txt
2.0K config.txt~
 20K COPYING.linux
4.0K fixup_cd.dat
6.0K fixup.dat
 10K fixup_x.dat
8.3M kernel.img
2.0K LICENCE.broadcom
470K start_cd.elf
2.4M start.elf
3.4M start_x.elf

-Phil

Hi Phil,
After reload I can see 94meg partition with above files(But no config.txt~ and cmdline.txte). Still does not boot. Any Idea?

Hi Phil,
It seems that it is the issue of the SD card you shipped. I replaced that card with my sandisk which is working now.
I think the SD card you provided is too thin so that the pins do not contact properly in the slot in the RB Pi. My sandisk card is much thicker and after I plug it in, I can feel solid contact. Anyway, thank you for your help. I can see it's hashing at 415G/s but for your default BTC address, will switch to my address and see.  Grin

mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:33:43 AM

What is the status of your support ticket? I just checked the one I made yesterday where I asked if I could return or exchange my BJ underwarranty and I noticed it was marked as CLOSED with no response from HashFast at all.

I'm pretty angry about this. I don't understand how they could deny a warranty claim made just hours after I received the unit. Its still hashing now, btw, but averaging just around 220 GH/s :-/.
I made it a point to get in our the support queue now.  Send an email (do not call, this is not working well), and I'll see what I can do to make sure you get taken care of.

We also just hired new people specifically to deal with support, so please try again and be patient.  Most of the support queue is clogged full of things such as questions about shipments, MPP, etc.  Please title your request "BJ only doing 220 GH" and I see if I can dig it out.

-Phil

I just sent the email to support again with the subject. Thanks!
HF-Engineer

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:02:58 AM

Hi Phil,
It seems that it is the issue of the SD card you shipped. I replaced that card with my sandisk which is working now.
I think the SD card you provided is too thin so that the pins do not contact properly in the slot in the RB Pi. My sandisk card is much thicker and after I plug it in, I can feel solid contact. Anyway, thank you for your help. I can see it's hashing at 415G/s but for your default BTC address, will switch to my address and see.  Grin
Awesome, Glad to hear it!  Is the original SD card we shipped actually a "no name" Micro SD inside an adapter with the Raspberry Pi logo on it?  We got those specifically because they are "official" RPI cards, so they'd be the most likely to work well, but it's turning out that they stink.  We'll test some different ones for the next batch.

BTW, any time you build a new image, the first time it boots, it makes a new bitcoin wallet (viewable on the "wallet" page of the web UI), and begins mining with that wallet.  Be sure if it made any BTC that you don't forget to collect it!  If you make a backup from the settings page, the wallet is also backed up and restored.  If you want to change to a new wallet or mining username, that's done on the "pools" page of the web UI.  If you ever restore from a previous backup, it puts all your original settings in, so it's a good idea to make a backup once you get things dialed in like you want.  (In case an SD card dies or something.)

-Phil
iambaboon

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

bitcoin afficionado

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:25:45 PM

Anybody from Batch 1 received the upgrade kit ? Seems that BabyJets for Batch 2 are already being shipped.

"Emergencies" have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded. (F. Hayek)
Morblias

Activity: 576

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:46:42 PM

If you use our RPI image as configured, you will have a reliable mining system and will get updates as they are made available.  Here's my personal system mining away: http://setup.hashfast.com/rpi/

-Phil

Just curious, what core clock are you running this at? I ran mine at default (550) for a day and it got about 400GH/s, 0.37% rejects, and 1.83% errors and showed 360GH/s on eligius. Overnight I started it at 560 and it shows 412GH/s, 0.36% rejects, and 9.26% errors with 388GH/s showing on eligius. Should I be worried about 9.26% error rate? They run at 80C/80C/70C/72C right now.

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:38:05 PM

48h stable on 2x Batch 2 BJs on Windows.  The internal watcher turns it off if there's a problem, cgminer 3.11.0 catches it and auto-hotplugs it back in if there is an issue.  Takes about 10s.

Additionally they no longer reboot themselves very much -- starting to wonder if there's a burn in period for the hardware, and then it works better after that.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:39:48 PM

-Phil

Just curious, what core clock are you running this at? I ran mine at default (550) for a day and it got about 400GH/s, 0.37% rejects, and 1.83% errors and showed 360GH/s on eligius. Overnight I started it at 560 and it shows 412GH/s, 0.36% rejects, and 9.26% errors with 388GH/s showing on eligius. Should I be worried about 9.26% error rate? They run at 80C/80C/70C/72C right now.

No issues here with errors, there were connectivity problems with my one but since that's been fixed I'm getting ~0.2% errors on both.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
phreakk

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:50:07 PM

Here's the source code: http://setup.hashfast.com/cgminer-3.9.0h2.tar.gz
(MD5: fdef15ae73b180deef74bc51df482eb0)

-Phil

Any Windows binaries available?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     █▀█▄              █▀ ▀█▄
     █  ▀█▄          ▄█     ▀█▄
     █    ▀█▄       █▀         ▀▄
     █       █▄   ▄█             ▀█▄
     █         ▀▄█▀                ▀█▄
     █          ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
     █         ██▌ █▄                ▄█▀
     █        █▌█▌   █▄            ▄▀
     █       ▐▌ █     ▀█▄       ▄█▀
     █      ▐█  █       ▀█▄   ▄█▀
     █      █  ▐█         ▀█▄▀
     █     █   ▐▌           ▀▄
     █    █   ▄▀ ▀█▄▄         ▀▄
     █   █▀ ▄█       ▀█▄▄       ▀▄
     █  █▌ █▀            ▀█▄▄     █▄
     █ ▐▌▄█                  ▀█▄▄  ▀█▄
     █▐██▀                       ▀█▄ ▀█▄
     ██▀                            ▀▀███
     █
RATEONIUM

GLOBAL BLOCKCHAIN BASED PRODUCT
██  ██
SERVICE RATING PLATFORM
██  ██

Twitter       Telegram     Reddit
█ RATE █    █ TRADE  █   █ INVEST █
kenpofighta

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:25:50 PM

I was getting great performance when my 3 BJ's arrived. At least on two of them, there was one that seemed a bit flakey and seems to be getting worse. All 3 seem to be getting worse. One of them keeps shutting down and restarting grabbing a new ID each time. I posted a small capture from my monitor so that maybe if others have had this and fixed it they can help. This one that is flaky was delivered in poor condition, all but one screw was sliding around the inside of the box and 4 risers that prop the board up were also floating around. I though the board was damaged and it may be. Worst assembly I have ever seen and I used to build PC's. That point is mute if they all work but they don't.

Here is what I need help answering.
1. How do I get back to my 400+ GH performance. All three of these were pushing +-420GH.
2. Worse case scenario is how do I raise the clock speed to get up to the 400GH range? I was promised by Erin at Hashfast that it would not void the warranty but the delivery paperwork stated otherwise. I will have to deal with that warranty issue separately, I know.
3. I seem to be getting huge error rates, I think it is on the flaky board but not 100% sure that is the only place. 70% to 80% errors are common. Elgius reports I am only getting 900 to 950 GH/s AVG with 3 boards and I should be getting closer to 1200. Not good for profits. Any help would be appreciated. I hate to try and send a board back under warranty since I might be stuck for months. I still am waiting on my 3 upgrades, I would hat to be down to 2 processors if I can avoid it.

[2014-02-05 10:15:06] HFA 21 HFHash usb write err:(-7) LIBUSB_ERROR_TIMEOUT                                                   
 [2014-02-05 10:15:06] HFA 21 attempted reset got err:(0) LIBUSB_SUCCESS                                                       
 [2014-02-05 10:15:07] Accepted 6b3cd65e Diff 611/512 HFA 1                                                                     
 [2014-02-05 10:15:08] HFA 21 HFHash usb write err:(-7) LIBUSB_ERROR_TIMEOUT                                                   
 [2014-02-05 10:15:08] HFA 21 HFGetHeader usb read err:(-4) LIBUSB_ERROR_NO_DEVICE                                             
 [2014-02-05 10:15:08] Accepted 4a23005d Diff 884/512 HFA 1                                                                     
 [2014-02-05 10:15:09] HFA 21 attempted reset got err:(-5) LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_FOUND                                               
 [2014-02-05 10:15:10] Accepted 5c43a019 Diff 710/512 HFA 3                                                                     
 [2014-02-05 10:15:10] HFA 21: hfa_send_frame: USB Send error, ret -5 amount 64 vs. tx_length 64                               
 [2014-02-05 10:15:10] HFA21: send_packet: OP_USB_INIT USB Send error, ret -4 amount 0 vs. length 8                             
 [2014-02-05 10:15:10] HFA 21: Failed to reset after write failure, disabling                                                   
 [2014-02-05 10:15:11] HFA 21 failure, disabling!                                                                               
 [2014-02-05 10:15:11] HFA 21: hfa_send_frame: USB Send error, ret -4 amount 0 vs. tx_length 8                                 
 [2014-02-05 10:15:15] Accepted 1f29f70a Diff 2.1K/512 HFA 1                                                                   
 [2014-02-05 10:15:17] Accepted 1537e75f Diff 3.09K/512 HFA 1                                                                   
 [2014-02-05 10:15:21] Accepted 5bfd3c83 Diff 182K/512 HFA 3                                                                   
 [2014-02-05 10:15:22] Hotplug: Hashfast added HFA 22                                                                           
 [2014-02-05 10:15:25] Accepted 61ee0ec8 Diff 669/512 HFA 22                                                                   
 [2014-02-05 10:15:27] Accepted 7d126b85 Diff 524/512 HFA 22       
nitehawk

Activity: 532

Worldcore - Banking for the Future

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:30:06 PM

How loud are they?

▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄█████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ▄█████████████████▀▀▀██████████
   █████████████████       ███████
  ██████▀▀▀████████   ███   ██████   █
 █████       ██████   ███   ██████   ██
 ████   ███   █████   ███   █████   ███
█████   ███   █████   ███    ████   ████
█████   ███   █████   ████   ████   ████
████    ███   ████   █████   ███   █████
████   ████   ████   █████   ███   █████
▀███   ████   ████   ██████       █████
 ███   █████   ███   ████████▄▄▄███████
  █   ██████   ███   █████████████████
      ███████       █████████████████
     ██████████▄▄▄█████████████████▀
     ▀███████████████████████████▀
       ▀▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Worldcore
▄▄
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
▀▀  ██
    ██
    ▄▄
    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ▀▀
██   
NiteShdw

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:32:23 PM

I don't know how to get a message to ckolivas, but I'm testing the current master branch of cgminer and one feature that was added is fan speed control (OP code 143).  However, I keep getting the error that OP_CODE 143 is unhandled.

Is it possible that I have an older revision of the board/firmware something that doesn't support controlling the fan speed using that op code?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: