Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 05:04:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast BabyJet users thread  (Read 68949 times)
storm2k5

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:26:46 PM

Anyone know how to clear the graphs and start it from scratch. My babyjet started showing it was running at 200TH/s and now my graphs are all screwed up lol

<image>

What miner / version are you working with? Is the graph showing pool ghps or your local miner output? With some cgminer versions the local stats seem to depend on worker difficulty and some pools like to switch that around, messing up local stats sometimes. That long falling line certainly suggests loss of perf tho. Edit: or the stats are just wrong...

If you want to get some insight into if it's your cores failing / going into reset, BFGMiner lets you look at every single core and it's hash output / error rate / state. (For me, 92 cores of die 4 seem dead Sad )

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Morblias

Activity: 576
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:42:30 PM

Anyone know how to clear the graphs and start it from scratch. My babyjet started showing it was running at 200TH/s and now my graphs are all screwed up lol

<image>

What miner / version are you working with? Is the graph showing pool ghps or your local miner output? With some cgminer versions the local stats seem to depend on worker difficulty and some pools like to switch that around, messing up local stats sometimes. That long falling line certainly suggests loss of perf tho. Edit: or the stats are just wrong...

If you want to get some insight into if it's your cores failing / going into reset, BFGMiner lets you look at every single core and it's hash output / error rate / state. (For me, 92 cores of die 4 seem dead Sad )

I am using the default hashfast software MinePeon Version 0.2.4.3hf8 Miner Version cgminer3.9.0h2. The stats are just messed up. I only have 1 babyjet going at about 420gh/s (387 pool side), but a couple of days it showed 2 babyjets on the status webui tab (even though i only have 1). It was reporting to be doing 200TH/s (when it was really running at 420gh/s). just really buggy software.

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
storm2k5

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:03:32 PM

<image>

I am using the default hashfast software MinePeon Version 0.2.4.3hf8 Miner Version cgminer3.9.0h2. The stats are just messed up. I only have 1 babyjet going at about 420gh/s (387 pool side), but a couple of days it showed 2 babyjets on the status webui tab (even though i only have 1). It was reporting to be doing 200TH/s (when it was really running at 420gh/s). just really buggy software.

Ah, I think that happens because if you have an USB disconnect, it reconnects, detects the HFA device as HFA +1, and the stats keep including the rate of orphaned HFA devices.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
btctalks123

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:26:22 AM

Well my pi stoped reading it then the pi didn't connect to the internet at all but have been using with windows the past 3 days still have never hit 400 with mine at all highest I have been was 387 with the pi. Now with windows got running pretty good but at 370 and when overclocked to 630 and now only getting 380 with cg 3.11.0 I use only because 3.12.3 has too many resets with cgwatcher. But still never hit 400 and now I got to buy another pi tomorrow to see if minepeon would boost it up, and im talking about the stats on eligius. Wont even bother contacting hashfast because of course they rushed us our products when they were already a few months late and will not do anything because its past 10 days of having there shitty product.
DoogieHouser

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

Bitcoin Enthusiast

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:09:11 AM

Well my pi stoped reading it then the pi didn't connect to the internet at all but have been using with windows the past 3 days still have never hit 400 with mine at all highest I have been was 387 with the pi. Now with windows got running pretty good but at 370 and when overclocked to 630 and now only getting 380 with cg 3.11.0 I use only because 3.12.3 has too many resets with cgwatcher. But still never hit 400 and now I got to buy another pi tomorrow to see if minepeon would boost it up, and im talking about the stats on eligius. Wont even bother contacting hashfast because of course they rushed us our products when they were already a few months late and will not do anything because its past 10 days of having there shitty product.

My RPi worked fine until February 7th. I had it running on WiFi and was getting 420GH/s. Since then, it only reads the SD card once in a while. HashFast sent me a new SD card and the RPi rebooted when MinePeon registered on my network. Now, the RPi runs 5 to 10 minutes and reboots, if it reads the SD card, and when it reboots, it can't see the SD card.

My BabyJet still gets 420 GH/s running on Ubuntu with BFGminer. If there is an easy way to install cgminer on Ubuntu, I haven't found it... When it comes to apt-get, github, etc. I am a total newbie...

--Doogie
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 1639

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 08:26:25 AM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 08:45:14 AM by ckolivas

My RPi worked fine until February 7th. I had it running on WiFi and was getting 420GH/s. Since then, it only reads the SD card once in a while. HashFast sent me a new SD card and the RPi rebooted when MinePeon registered on my network. Now, the RPi runs 5 to 10 minutes and reboots, if it reads the SD card, and when it reboots, it can't see the SD card.

My BabyJet still gets 420 GH/s running on Ubuntu with BFGminer. If there is an easy way to install cgminer on Ubuntu, I haven't found it... When it comes to apt-get, github, etc. I am a total newbie...

If you're on a modern ubuntu, I provide binaries for it already.

wget http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/cgminer-3.12.3-x86_64-built.tar.bz2
tar xf cgminer-3.12.3-x86_64-built.tar.bz2
cd cgminer-3.12.3-x86_64
sudo cp 01-cgminer.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/
./cgminer [commands]
plug in device via usb

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
port119

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:34:38 AM

so, in about 3 months it's going to be almost useless financially to run a 400 GH/s baby jet - what does the future hold for these machines?
will it be possible to upgrade them to much faster TH/s machines or are they destined for the dump?
storm2k5

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:11:07 PM

so, in about 3 months it's going to be almost useless financially to run a 400 GH/s baby jet - what does the future hold for these machines?
will it be possible to upgrade them to much faster TH/s machines or are they destined for the dump?

There will be no upgrade that makes 28nm silicon chips to use less power magically, so yes, they going to be obsolete, unless you use them as an electric heater or to heat water you would otherwise heat with electricity alone.
Or, I dunno, we could put a chain on them and hang them around our necks as a constant reminder not to believe announced preorder shipping dates of coin ASIC manufacturers Smiley

port119

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:11:50 PM

FYI: if you ordered the upgrade kit with your babyjet and realized it's too damn late to make any $$ off them they're allowing refunds.
iambaboon

Activity: 116

bitcoin afficionado

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 03:12:26 PM

Tried the cgminer-3.12.3-x86_64 today starting with a 3.9.0-ish optimal clock. I'm using the original firmware, since I didn't see any firmware updates and so didn't use the rpi at all. The device gets reset (every hour or so) with an error stating that no valid hash was found for the last 1 minute, and the clock gets decreased by 10, over and over. The final hashrate decreased significantly compared to 3.9.0-hf2.

Am I doing something wrong ?

"Emergencies" have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded. (F. Hayek)
DoogieHouser

Bitcoin Enthusiast

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:53:00 PM

If you're on a modern ubuntu, I provide binaries for it already.

wget http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/cgminer-3.12.3-x86_64-built.tar.bz2
tar xf cgminer-3.12.3-x86_64-built.tar.bz2
cd cgminer-3.12.3-x86_64
sudo cp 01-cgminer.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/
./cgminer [commands]
plug in device via usb

"modern" Ubuntu? I'm guessing that means 13.x? Right now, I'm running 12.04... Maybe it's time to upgrade...

Thanks for the help!

--Doogie
DoogieHouser

Bitcoin Enthusiast

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:02:39 PM

There will be no upgrade that makes 28nm silicon chips to use less power magically, so yes, they going to be obsolete, unless you use them as an electric heater or to heat water you would otherwise heat with electricity alone.
Or, I dunno, we could put a chain on them and hang them around our necks as a constant reminder not to believe announced preorder shipping dates of coin ASIC manufacturers Smiley

If it's HEAT you want, I've got six (6) BFL Single SCs for sale.  Smiley   The temperature in my computer room hovers around 80F/27C. I haven't had to turn on the central heat in my apartment, this winter, and I want these things GONE by summer time.

The heat from my BabyJet is nothing compared to the BFL boxes... HashFast hardware is 100x better...

--Doogie
storm2k5

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:43:40 PM

Just curious, can you overclock on Bfgminer.That kinda sucks that we must install unsigned drivers. Its annoying to go through the whole reboot thing. Any chance of it working with plug and play.

I jumped through fiery hoops and over bottomless gorges and built the newest git for bfgminer (just kidding, wasn't even that bad) It's supporting clock setting for HashFast devices(amongst other things)
I put it online in case anybody wants to try it:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32275120/bfgminer/bfgminer-test.rar
(This is just a build of the source at git, i didn't change anything - you will have to trust me (and Luke-jr) there, if you don't, don't install/copy this. If it complains about dll's missing, tell me which and I'll add it)

You can set the clock with the command line parameter --set-device HFA:clock=600
or whatever value you see fit. The clock setting definitely works.

storm2k5

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:38:43 PM

@HF Engineer:

A couple days ago when I mentioned my sub performance BJ and that die 4 runs very cold, you told me that there is apparently a known issue in firmware with a full die not coming up.

So I looked at the cores in BFGMiner (lets you look at them individually)

It basically looks like this:
-die 1,2,3: All cores working except one (0kr) which always goes into reset at start. If I manually enable it in BFGMiner, it hashes around a bit at a very low rate and high error then goes into reset again.
-die 4 (cores 0lc - 0ot): Alltho none of these are in reset state, they all show 0 hashing speed. Disabling and enabling them doesn't seem to convince them to work.

If I had a hardware problem I would expect the cores to go into reset or cgminer/bfgminer spitting out a core initialization error.
Does this picture fit the problem that firmware doesn't start a complete die?

minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:23:47 AM

Any update on the firmware release?

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
KarenSillyGirl99

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:14:26 AM

A) You can wrassle with the raspberry pi and follow HF engineer's advice, and I have no reason to think it isn't good, or;

B) You can getchyerself an old PC, the stock version of cgminer 3.11, switch the driver with Zadig (easy), and with a tad of patience hotplugging it a couple of times, unless you have a bad machine, you will be up and running, STABLY.  You can also probably overclock it, depending on your huevos and chips.

Ok I am new to all of this. It took me a week to figure out how to make a bat file. (every one assumes you already know things) I have a baby jet and it is my first mining machine. the raspberry pi consistently try's to kill its self. I had flipped the lock switch on the SD card and that let it run for about a week. Now i come home and it is dead and i cant revive it. Hashfast takes about a week to get back to me and then they say they will look into it.

So what do you mean by (switch the driver with Zadig (easy)) and can someone give me step by step directions so i can run this baby jet with a pc (I do not know any Lunix). If i could get the pc working i would put the pi in the microwave and bake it!

Ps now I am wandering if the baby jet is dead? The pi looks like it is working but it cant find the baby jet. how do you tell if the baby jet is dead or just sleeping. Can the pi kill the Baby Jet? 

starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:21:08 AM

Just curious, can you overclock on Bfgminer.That kinda sucks that we must install unsigned drivers. Its annoying to go through the whole reboot thing. Any chance of it working with plug and play.

I jumped through fiery hoops and over bottomless gorges and built the newest git for bfgminer (just kidding, wasn't even that bad) It's supporting clock setting for HashFast devices(amongst other things)
I put it online in case anybody wants to try it:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32275120/bfgminer/bfgminer-test.rar
(This is just a build of the source at git, i didn't change anything - you will have to trust me (and Luke-jr) there, if you don't, don't install/copy this. If it complains about dll's missing, tell me which and I'll add it)

You can set the clock with the command line parameter --set-device HFA:clock=600
or whatever value you see fit. The clock setting definitely works.

Just to confirm, we still to install the driver tho correct. This isnt just download and try.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:28:57 AM

+1

My BJ is still unstable. Needing a reboot every 48h or so. Cgminer 3.11 has proven to be the most stable so far but this baby(jet) sure is high maintenance. Hoping the FW update + cgminer 3.12 will resolve the stability issues.

MinePeon Version: 0.2.4.3hf8
Miner Version: cgminer3.11.0hf1
HashFast Firmware: ebaa1a85
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 1639

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 01:31:37 AM

+1

My BJ is still unstable. Needing a reboot every 48h or so. Cgminer 3.11 has proven to be the most stable so far but this baby(jet) sure is high maintenance. Hoping the FW update + cgminer 3.12 will resolve the stability issues.

Mine have run 10 days straight with preview firmware and new cgminer... Pretty sure that's a major missing part of the stability equation for many people.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
KarenSillyGirl99

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:37:05 AM

+1

Mine have run 10 days straight with preview firmware and new cgminer... Pretty sure that's a major missing part of the stability equation for many people.

Are you using a pc or pi?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: