Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:32:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast BabyJet users thread  (Read 68940 times)
storm2k5

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:03:08 PM

Well right now it is only mining at 230 GH/s and my other BJ does 430 GH/s so its a pretty big loss. I should be able to cover 6 days of not mining in a little over a week when I get it back. I don't want to overclock it for fear they will claim that I broke it and voided the warranty.

How high were you able to overclock it? What other tweaks were you able to do?

I have a full die not working.
This is what I tried:
-cgminer 3.09hf2 / RPi @550: 255ghps
-cgminer 3.11 / Win7 @ 550: 255ghps but very weird effects on local output of hash rate
-cgminer 3.12.3 / Win7 @ 550: 255ghps but very weird effects on local output of hash rate + USB disconnects
-cgminer 3.11 @ 634: 315ghps but very weird effects on local output of hash rate
-bfgminer 3.10 @ stock: 295ghps 5.7% HW but no overclocking possible in official build
-bfgminer compiled from git @stock: 300ghps 4.5% HW
-bfgminer compiled from git @670: 375ghps 4.5% HW 88°C / Room 22°C

I think bfgminer handles dead cores/full dies better, thats where the perf increase towards cgminer comes from. The fact I can go up to 670 (and higher, didn't try) probably shows that the overclocking limit is the Vregs on the board and not the silicone (with only 3 dies working, you need 1/4 less power, so you can overclock the 3 dies alot more) Someone else reported better OC capability by cooling the Vreg heatsinks with additional fans, so that kinda fits the picture.
Hope this helps, I posted the bfgminer version with overclocking enabled a couple posts above, and I also posted the driver you will need for it (windows)

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dentro

Activity: 92

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:00:18 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 11:52:43 AM by dentro

I overclocked it to 660. Now i get 490 gh/s at the pool  with temp. from 71 to 78 degrees.
I also throw the case away and run my BJ outside of this worthless box, so it runs 5 degrees cooler. But i still use the standard raspi..

edit: had a lot of reboots from watchdog with 660 when i got warmer about noon (temp. of the chip was about 78 degrees), so i had to go back to 615 which delivers 460 gh/s at the pool!  Angry
storm2k5

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:47:36 PM

I overclocked it to 660. Now i get 490 gh/s at the pool  with temp. from 71 to 78 degrees.
I also throw the case away and run my BJ outside of this worthless box, so it runs 5 degrees cooler. But i still use the standard raspi..

edit: had a lot of reboots from watchdog with 660 when i got warmer about noon (temp. of the chip was about 78 degrees), so i had to go back to 615 which delivers 460 gh/s at the pool!  Angry

Cool your Vregs Smiley

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
dentro

Activity: 92

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:55:06 PM

what is the best direction for the fans, blowing onto the vregs or other way round?
storm2k5

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:44:15 PM

I would say place the fans so the heatsinks are in the direction of the fan blowing, probably the most efficient.

perezoso

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:05:53 PM

what is the best direction for the fans, blowing onto the vregs or other way round?

Earlier in the thread, per the HF dude, on a BJ, all fans should be sucking into the box, except the two on top of the radiator.  A lot of BJ's were shipped with one or more fans oriented in the wrong direction.
storm2k5

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:45:35 PM

Earlier in the thread, per the HF dude, on a BJ, all fans should be sucking into the box, except the two on top of the radiator.  A lot of BJ's were shipped with one or more fans oriented in the wrong direction.

Yeah I think he meant how to place additional fans that cool the vregs to increase his overclocking capability.

Shaxz

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:55:01 PM

I've been mining for the last 10+ days stable@ 470 Gh/s  with the old firmware on a Ubunutu 13.10 on Laptop w/Cgminer 3.09h2 , just can't get 3.12.3 to run like it was intended until the FW is out ,as per Ckolivas advice.  So put the RPi for FW updates and that about it.
Indeed, it's really bugging me that the firmware is still lagging behind the driver that I wrote for it...  Undecided

Looks like HF-Engineer has been muzzled by his "libertarian superiors" from commenting further on these boards.  Also, looks like Scamfast will not release much anticipated firmware update due to the fact that they are going to "try" and get another product cycle out of 28nm golden nonce with an updated PCB motherboard and the updated firmware.  Shameless.  Looks like the marketing scumbags at scamfast are taking after US car manufacturers of the early 80's with planned obsolescence, designed to fail engineering forcing consumer to buy again prematurely.  Scumbags haven't even begun to ship sierra to any notable degree and are only shipping early batch 2, and yet they come out with "improved" Yoli board which does 2x the hashing of current boards.  I bet they already have these boards in house and ready to go but will not push them out with current orders because they are a bunch of greedy scumbags.  Scamfast is finished.  They have burned their goodwill with community.  No more.  Looks like they jettisoned John Skadronis(sp) head of marketing and VP.  Guess he wasn't willing to go along with their latest scam

http://hashfast.com/shop/yolievo/
yrral (OP)

Activity: 79

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:14:59 PM

I've been mining for the last 10+ days stable@ 470 Gh/s  with the old firmware on a Ubunutu 13.10 on Laptop w/Cgminer 3.09h2 , just can't get 3.12.3 to run like it was intended until the FW is out ,as per Ckolivas advice.  So put the RPi for FW updates and that about it.
Indeed, it's really bugging me that the firmware is still lagging behind the driver that I wrote for it...  Undecided

Looks like HF-Engineer has been muzzled by his "libertarian superiors" from commenting further on these boards.  Also, looks like Scamfast will not release much anticipated firmware update due to the fact that they are going to "try" and get another product cycle out of 28nm golden nonce with an updated PCB motherboard and the updated firmware.  Shameless.  Looks like the marketing scumbags at scamfast are taking after US car manufacturers of the early 80's with planned obsolescence, designed to fail engineering forcing consumer to buy again prematurely.  Scumbags haven't even begun to ship sierra to any notable degree and are only shipping early batch 2, and yet they come out with "improved" Yoli board which does 2x the hashing of current boards.  I bet they already have these boards in house and ready to go but will not push them out with current orders because they are a bunch of greedy scumbags.  Scamfast is finished.  They have burned their goodwill with community.  No more.  Looks like they jettisoned John Skadronis(sp) head of marketing and VP.  Guess he wasn't willing to go along with their latest scam

Please direct comments like this to the other thread. Many of us feel scammed but this is not the thread to discuss this.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262052.0
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:08:41 PM

yup man... completly incredible ... time is money .. Roll Eyes   and i remenber someone said: "... in mining, time is everything.... LOL  Grin  
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:39:00 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2014, 12:58:43 AM by ninjarobot

I've been mining for the last 10+ days stable@ 470 Gh/s  with the old firmware on a Ubunutu 13.10 on Laptop w/Cgminer 3.09h2 , just can't get 3.12.3 to run like it was intended until the FW is out ,as per Ckolivas advice.  So put the RPi for FW updates and that about it.
Indeed, it's really bugging me that the firmware is still lagging behind the driver that I wrote for it...  Undecided

Also, looks like Scamfast will not release much anticipated firmware update due to the fact that they are going to "try" and get another product cycle out of 28nm golden nonce with an updated PCB motherboard and the updated firmware.  Shameless.  

Yes, looks like it is exactly the same hardware. Perhaps they will cherry pick individual dies for performance. But the 800 GH/s Yoli claims seem to be based on their BS 'bench test' of 768 GH/s rounded up for marketing. Their deceptive marketing and unethical business practices make me sick.

Meanwhile my Batch 1 BJ is still buggy as hell,needs a reboot every 24h and manages 385 GH/s on a good day. And MPP? a bad joke.

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:46:16 PM

It's possible not to say probable that a new PCB will give (gave?) them an increased boost in performances, just like KNC did and CT is in the process of. They are marketing 2TH +- 20%, that is 1.6TH at the lowest range. Just a bit over their current sierra.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
storm2k5

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:14:38 AM

Pretty sure it will be the same golden nonce chip, just with an improved power supply.

ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:01:24 AM

Maybe they will try selling the improved firmware to existing customers as a software upgrade?
Shaxz

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:54:27 AM

Looks like HF-Engineer has been muzzled by his "libertarian superiors" from commenting further on these boards.  Also, looks like Scamfast will not release much anticipated firmware update due to the fact that they are going to "try" and get another product cycle out of 28nm golden nonce with an updated PCB motherboard and the updated firmware.  Shameless.  Looks like the marketing scumbags at scamfast are taking after US car manufacturers of the early 80's with planned obsolescence, designed to fail engineering forcing consumer to buy again prematurely.  Scumbags haven't even begun to ship sierra to any notable degree and are only shipping early batch 2, and yet they come out with "improved" Yoli board which does 2x the hashing of current boards.  I bet they already have these boards in house and ready to go but will not push them out with current orders because they are a bunch of greedy scumbags.  Scamfast is finished.  They have burned their goodwill with community.  No more.  Looks like they jettisoned John Skadronis(sp) head of marketing and VP.  Guess he wasn't willing to go along with their latest scam

Please direct comments like this to the other thread. Many of us feel scammed but this is not the thread to discuss this.

who are you?  the forum police.  it is the place to discuss this as the thread u referred to is dead and dying, along with this one I might add since Phil the engineer was disappeared by CEO Eduardo.  Everything I stated is germane to this thread and the matter at hand, specifically the lack of an updated firmware for these poorly performing boards and precisely why that firmware won't be released:  the scammers and marketeers at scamfast are trying to rake their customers over the coals again for just a few more coins.  Been there and have the BFL shirt to prove it.  Nice try eduardo.  You and your ilk are the reason bitcoin is in such trouble.  Eating your own does nobody any good.
yrral (OP)

Activity: 79

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:25:20 AM

who are you?  the forum police.  it is the place to discuss this as the thread u referred to is dead and dying, along with this one I might add since Phil the engineer was disappeared by CEO Eduardo.  Everything I stated is germane to this thread and the matter at hand, specifically the lack of an updated firmware for these poorly performing boards and precisely why that firmware won't be released:  the scammers and marketeers at scamfast are trying to rake their customers over the coals again for just a few more coins.  Been there and have the BFL shirt to prove it.  Nice try eduardo.  You and your ilk are the reason bitcoin is in such trouble.  Eating your own does nobody any good.

Based on the success of the Avalon ASIC users thread, I'm posting one for HashFast now that some people have received theirs.

Please no discussion about broken promises/delivery/refunds etc.
storm2k5

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:37:57 AM

Look, we all know that, but you aren't doing this thread any favour by carrying the hashfast war over here. The OP asked you kindly to keep this technical, which is the point of this thread, and you have a go at him? You probably wont get anything from hashfast - period. Time to get over it.
Calling them names, alltho truly deserved, wont make you hash faster. The only place you going to get anything that might be helping your BJ hash faster / at all is this very thread, where people try to make the best of a bad situation. Cluttering it and let it grow to 400 pages wont help people find answers. You yourself have 4 posts on this forum, in this very thread, asking for help with your cable. Would you like these questions to get overlooked cause dozens of people post HF flame?

You say eating your own does nobody any good, but that's exactly what you are doing.

CurcO

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 05:19:32 AM

Any one check the setup.hashfast/rpi ... testing of the dam new board, makes our boards look more like dev boards than retail.
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:35:00 AM

Pretty sure it will be the same golden nonce chip, just with an improved power supply.

lol

For added flexibility in customer installations, power supplies are not included.

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
DoogieHouser

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

Bitcoin Enthusiast

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:41:51 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2014, 10:03:50 AM by DoogieHouser

For the third time in the last week, my BabyJet has shutdown for no apparent reason. Even my BFL miners, that have been humming along nicely for nearly four months, have been having issues with Eligius, tonight. This BabyJet can't be left alone. It is bad enough that the RPi died after a couple of weeks, and HashFast doesn't give a rip.

I give up. Just label me a sucker. I'm going back to bed...

--Doogie
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: