Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:33:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast BabyJet users thread  (Read 68947 times)
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1638

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 01:38:46 AM

Mine have run 10 days straight with preview firmware and new cgminer... Pretty sure that's a major missing part of the stability equation for many people.

Are you using a pc or pi?

The RPi is a toy and a piece of shit. Why anyone would run thousands of dollars worth of equipment off it is beyond me. Toss it and connect your devices to a real PC or laptop.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
KarenSillyGirl99

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:54:28 AM

I would love to do that I even have the PC to dedicate to that task. How do you do it. I can make cgminer work in windows if i copy some command lines. Does the baby jet need anything special. Will cgminer detect it?
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 02:58:45 AM

I would love to do that I even have the PC to dedicate to that task. How do you do it. I can make cgminer work in windows if i copy some command lines. Does the baby jet need anything special. Will cgminer detect it?
They're set up the same as every usb device that cgminer mines on (usually with zadig, available on my website alongside cgminer). Instructions are in both README and ASIC-README included in the windows zip file.

-ck
storm2k5

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:50:16 AM

Quote from: KarenSillyGirl99

You will need to download and run:
]http[Suspicious link removed] if you have windows 7
]http[Suspicious link removed] if you have windows xp

Edit: Select from here: http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/zadig/ I just linked these executables above no idea why they got marked as suspicious

In the window that opens, select the M1 device from the list at the top.
Then select the WinUSB entry below and hit "install driver"
It should then install the drivers.

After that it's just running cgminer, which you can download from here:
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/3.11/cgminer-3.11.0-windows.zip <--I think 3.11 works best, you can also try 3.12.3

Run it with your pool / worker / pw arguments or .conf file and it should work like that or if you want it with a gui, get CGWatcher:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=159267.0

Quote from: starsoccer9
Just to confirm, we still to install the driver tho correct. This isnt just download and try.
Yes, it needs the driver I linked somewhere up there in the underbelly of this thread. It's painless really if your OS is fine with it, I even switched back and forth between cgminer / winusb and this CDC driver to test perf of both. For me it's worth it to use bfgminer for the moment, it's like a 15% perf boost and it seems very overclockable and stable. This might be just because I have a dead die, and bfgminer works better with that, so I'd like to hear from someone with a fully working board who compared the two miners. And from Hashfast, saying their new firmware which fixes all the problems is out.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
KarenSillyGirl99

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:39:04 AM

Thanks Storm2k5 and ckolivas I am going to try it out. When I got cgminer running on another computer once I had to put into a bat file something like this

"cgminer --scrypt --intensity 13 -g 2 -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 --temp-target 70 --auto-fan --temp-cutoff 90 --thread-concurrency 8192 --gpu-engine 1000 --gpu-memclock 1500 -o stratum+tcp://world.wemineltc.com:3333 -u workername -p password"

Do i need settings like this for the Baby jet or do i just start cgminer and let it run?
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 05:04:46 AM

Thanks Storm2k5 and ckolivas I am going to try it out. When I got cgminer running on another computer once I had to put into a bat file something like this

"cgminer --scrypt --intensity 13 -g 2 -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 --temp-target 70 --auto-fan --temp-cutoff 90 --thread-concurrency 8192 --gpu-engine 1000 --gpu-memclock 1500 -o stratum+tcp://world.wemineltc.com:3333 -u workername -p password"

Do i need settings like this for the Baby jet or do i just start cgminer and let it run?
Get rid of all the GPU shit in that command that I've struck out, but otherwise yes.

-ck
dentro

Activity: 92

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:12:27 AM

@HF-Engineer Any news about the firmware?
CurcO

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:48:59 AM

Mine have run 10 days straight with preview firmware and new cgminer... Pretty sure that's a major missing part of the stability equation for many people.

Are you using a pc or pi?

The RPi is a toy and a piece of shit. Why anyone would run thousands of dollars worth of equipment off it is beyond me. Toss it and connect your devices to a real PC or laptop.

Agree the Rpi is for the circus show. Just get real HW and you will not run into all the issues of RPi . I've been mining for the last 10+ days stable@ 470 Gh/s  with the old firmware on a Ubunutu 13.10 on Laptop w/Cgminer 3.09h2 , just can't get 3.12.3 to run like it was intended until the FW is out ,as per Ckolivas advice.  So put the RPi for FW updates and that about it.
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 08:22:13 AM

I've been mining for the last 10+ days stable@ 470 Gh/s  with the old firmware on a Ubunutu 13.10 on Laptop w/Cgminer 3.09h2 , just can't get 3.12.3 to run like it was intended until the FW is out ,as per Ckolivas advice.  So put the RPi for FW updates and that about it.
Indeed, it's really bugging me that the firmware is still lagging behind the driver that I wrote for it...  Undecided

-ck
storm2k5

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:52:51 PM

Get rid of all the GPU shit in that command that I've struck out, but otherwise yes.

Probably stating the obvious here, but you will also need to change this ltc pool to a BTC pool, cause the babyjet will not be able to mine scrypt currencies.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
KarenSillyGirl99

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:16:56 PM

I do understand that It has to be a Bitcoin pool but thanks for stating the obvious that is what usually kills me when following the instructions. I read threads daily but when you don’t have the basics  the things that everyone takes for granted  usually gets me.

Do you have to run Zadig from any particular file? Do you have to move the drivers to the cgminer file so it can see it?
storm2k5

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:46:15 PM

I do understand that It has to be a Bitcoin pool but thanks for stating the obvious that is what usually kills me when following the instructions. I read threads daily but when you don’t have the basics  the things that everyone takes for granted  usually gets me.

Do you have to run Zadig from any particular file? Do you have to move the drivers to the cgminer file so it can see it?

No, zadig is just an app that makes windows use this driver for the babyjet. You can see the babyjet in your windows device manager after you install it with zadig. cgminer probes windows for this type of device at startup and uses it for mining by default - it's just smart like that (<3 ckolivas)
If you do what I wrote in my last post about how to install it, it should work, provided your command line for cgminer is correct.

Probably going to state the obvious again, but mining isn't just like switching on a heater and then there is warmth, it's a constant struggle with hardware, software and network issues you encounter along the way.
Many people on these forums wont bother with people with no experience at all or will think you are trying to troll them - a nick name change might help with the later.

KarenSillyGirl99

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:21:49 PM

Ok, thanks again.
Will let you now how it goes tonight.
And yes I am learning about the constant problems ad tweeks.
And I will look up what trolling means.
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 12:38:00 AM

Ok, thanks again.
Will let you now how it goes tonight.
And yes I am learning about the constant problems ad tweeks.
And I will look up what trolling means.

Do read the ASIC-README included with cgminer.

-ck
stan258

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:11:11 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 09:48:31 AM by stan258

Few days was working no problem.  Then every 3 hrs or so it would re boot, did this for a few days.  Today died dead nada. Reimaged SD card.  It is not recognizing the miner.  Tried windows nothing.  Sent email to hashfast.  I’m tired of this unit.  

Edit.......................IT WAS THE STOCK USB CABLE.  Replaced it and its fine again.
storm2k5

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:43:49 PM

Few days was working no problem.  Then every 3 hrs or so it would re boot, did this for a few days.  Today died dead nada. Reimaged SD card.  It is not recognizing the miner.  Tried windows nothing.  Sent email to hashfast.  I’m tired of this unit.  

Edit.......................IT WAS THE STOCK USB CABLE.  Replaced it and its fine again.

LOL I wonder for how many people who have USB disconnects this could be the source.

stan258

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:33:30 PM

LOL I wonder for how many people who have USB disconnects this could be the source.

It has not solved all my problems completely. However My preliminary hash rate these past few hours average is higher, way higher then before.  Will update after 24 hrs then moving unit to ubuntu.

I also moved stock Bitfury rig to the same pool as the BJ to gauge what the pool reports, it has been reliable for a few months. Everybody knows what they put out.

The stock usb cable fits into the BJ but not snuggly.  Vibration from the intake fan on the left causes issues? I dont know I am not an engineer. 
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:23:36 PM

It seems no news about the new firmware. I received a label a few days ago to return my defective BJ and I'm still debating whether to do it or wait for the firmware update which should fix its hardware problem. I'm getting impatient though and losing money everyday, so if there isn't any news soon I'll just send it back.
storm2k5

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:05:07 PM

It seems no news about the new firmware. I received a label a few days ago to return my defective BJ and I'm still debating whether to do it or wait for the firmware update which should fix its hardware problem. I'm getting impatient though and losing money everyday, so if there isn't any news soon I'll just send it back.

I was able to get my working 3 dies to hash at least near the specified hashrate (~375ghps at pool) by overlcocking and tweaks but it's not very efficient power wise, but I guess it's worth to overclock now and squeeze out whats possible as long as difficulty is still "low". Personally I don't expect them to release an updated firmware at all at this point, if it were near ready and they wanted us to have it, one would think somebody there would take the 2 minutes and put a post onto their blog, or send a twitter about it.

Edit: If you hashing with it now, imagine what happens if you send it back:
-3 days transfer in (or it will cost alot to ship) -> 3 days no hashing
-3 days transfer back -> 6 days no hashing
under the assumption, hashfast sends it back the minute they get it, after all, working lightning fast with customers is what they known of.
And under the assumption the replacement board you get is working right. It could be sub perf too. Or it could be not working at all.
By the time you sort that out, diff will have increased at least by 20% if not 20%^2 or ^3. And you possibly never mine the money back.

mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:37:55 PM

I was able to get my working 3 dies to hash at least near the specified hashrate (~375ghps at pool) by overlcocking and tweaks but it's not very efficient power wise, but I guess it's worth to overclock now and squeeze out whats possible as long as difficulty is still "low". Personally I don't expect them to release an updated firmware at all at this point, if it were near ready and they wanted us to have it, one would think somebody there would take the 2 minutes and put a post onto their blog, or send a twitter about it.

Edit: If you hashing with it now, imagine what happens if you send it back:
-3 days transfer in (or it will cost alot to ship) -> 3 days no hashing
-3 days transfer back -> 6 days no hashing
under the assumption, hashfast sends it back the minute they get it, after all, working lightning fast with customers is what they known of.
And under the assumption the replacement board you get is working right. It could be sub perf too. Or it could be not working at all.
By the time you sort that out, diff will have increased at least by 20% if not 20%^2 or ^3. And you possibly never mine the money back.

Well right now it is only mining at 230 GH/s and my other BJ does 430 GH/s so its a pretty big loss. I should be able to cover 6 days of not mining in a little over a week when I get it back. I don't want to overclock it for fear they will claim that I broke it and voided the warranty.

How high were you able to overclock it? What other tweaks were you able to do?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: