Bitcoin Forum
July 23, 2019, 01:46:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 [1197] 1198 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 1890061 times)
thorRJ

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 01:54:49 PM

Vitalik's suggestion that Eth merge with Bitcoin Cash is not helping with clarity either.

But will this merger be just marketing related or will the blockchains be merged?

OI

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bkbirge

Activity: 427
Merit: 127

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 03:00:20 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4), Majormax (1)

Vitalik's suggestion that Eth merge with Bitcoin Cash is not helping with clarity either.

But will this merger be just marketing related or will the blockchains be merged?

Neither. My understanding is that running Ethereum on the Bitcoin Cash blockchain network is a short term bandaid to handle scaling to give more time to Vitalik and the team to come up with a true solution. If I understand that right (and that's a big if) then seems to me that this would dilute the brand at a very risky time and confuse an already cloudy space. I don't think it would be good for price, and since it is stated as a short term fix I don't think it would be good for the Ethereum network in general. There is also always the danger that this short term fix could become permanent, as they so often do and the long term scaling issue never truly goes away.
gembitz

Activity: 994
Merit: 353

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 04:47:33 PM

FLO is going to take the market share of ETH because CENSORSHIP simple doesn't work Wink weeeee

#makebitcointalkgreatagain-_-*my posts are strictly for entertainment purposes only. It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
bitcoin_age

Activity: 269
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 04:51:49 PM

Sold ethereum bought digibyte this guy is a dumb A$$ ( vitalik buterin and Ver ) making out

Ethereum - 0x548f378E943A34857f49190Fb64DF49d44025d2b
Bitcoin - 12XP6S7MS3RAfJHdFpnJvLgDguPGT3QnQB
Dash - XegbtNBeVw8Bptd6o114voCiu6oRFJS43s
dr.cheema

Activity: 686
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 06:20:58 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2019, 06:41:39 PM by dr.cheema

Ethereum is not fully ready to show mind blowing as people were expecting this year it will rock but the news are not looking good and it could bring more pressure in future. I already move to other coin because of some bad news.
it needs more time to be fully ready but current state is also good. right now there is compitition in the market going on and eth is no.1
news are just not good and not bad at the same time. i heard a news that trump is not big fan of bitcoin. it makes bitcoin little down but still stable right now
NOw there is no competition for ethereum but ethereum need to develop more than before, prices going down and don't know what's the reason behind this fall. I also heard that Trump said that he is not a big fan of bitcoin, big players are trying to dump BTC but BTC can go down temporarily not permanent.

wavessurfing

Activity: 146
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 06:46:32 PM

Neither. My understanding is that running Ethereum on the Bitcoin Cash blockchain network is a short term bandaid to handle scaling to give more time to Vitalik and the team to come up with a true solution. If I understand that right (and that's a big if) then seems to me that this would dilute the brand at a very risky time and confuse an already cloudy space. I don't think it would be good for price, and since it is stated as a short term fix I don't think it would be good for the Ethereum network in general. There is also always the danger that this short term fix could become permanent, as they so often do and the long term scaling issue never truly goes away.

so competition is open for dAPPS with waves, who is fully scalable, benefits from a functional DEX, and where transactions are low-cost and instant.
gembitz

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 09:24:44 PM

FLORINS is the most trusted network ETHEREUM SHOULD USE ===> VITALIK is an alien headed n00b

>>>OP needs to log in or we band together and find him =) WEEEEEEEEE

#makebitcointalkgreatagain-_-*my posts are strictly for entertainment purposes only. It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1002

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2019, 11:37:09 PM

Wth

Sounds foolish
Bitcoin Miners

Activity: 778
Merit: 100

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 02:04:16 AM

Last two days, Ethereum gave traders lots of chance to trade with very wide range of price with its dumps and recoveries. Real traders will feel happy with those movements of Ethereum and don't complain too much, I think.

piebeyb
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Trader Since 2012

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 08:56:29 AM

Sold ethereum bought digibyte this guy is a dumb A$$ ( vitalik buterin and Ver ) making out
where you get news about their intimacy, Vitalik and Rogerver, I don't see anything on Vitalik's official twitter, give me the original link to see it right, if it's true it looks bad

STORICHAIN
  ❂❂
❂❂
❂❂
▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬
  ❂❂
❂❂
❂❂
  BOUNTY START
25 JUNE 2019
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1067

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2019, 09:10:24 AM

Agreed. ...but I think most influential ETH devs etc.. are aware of that, and it is unlikely to come to anything.
Raja_MBZ

Activity: 1274
Merit: 875

Vegeta! What does the scouter say about BTC value?

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 09:27:40 PM

Agreed. ...but I think most influential ETH devs etc.. are aware of that, and it is unlikely to come to anything.

Still no Ethereum 2.0/scaling/plasma/PoS/max supply/etc... Roll Eyes

If Vitalik and other Ethereum developers fail to get to these achievements by the Q2 of 2020, people will probably start moving to Cardano with their smart contracts and dApps. However, if Ethereum achieves scalability before the release of Basho phase of Cardano (which is expected to get completed by Q2 of 2020), ADA will look like a failure. Interesting times ahead...

makishart
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 03:44:19 AM

where you get news about their intimacy, Vitalik and Rogerver, I don't see anything on Vitalik's official twitter, give me the original link to see it right, if it's true it looks bad

Here you go https://finance.yahoo.com/news/vitalik-buterin-bitcoin-cash-improve-192359784.html
Not only bad but that will be a very bad decision, plenty solutions to solve the scalability problem and why vitalik must use BCH for fix it? that doesn't make sense.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
Sy
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 04:37:20 AM

He needs to make ether more scalable because if we do enter a bull market phase (for altcoins) than ETH's gas price will go up through the roof and the network is going to extremely congested. But not that fan of an idea of using BCash.

‗▄▄▄‗
                  ▄███████▄
                ▄██████████▀
              ▄██████████▀     
            ▄██████████▀       ‗▄▄▄‗
          ▄██████████▀       ▄███████▄
        ▄██████████▀       ▄██████████▀
      ▄██████████▀       ▄██████████▀
    ▄██████████▀       ▄██████████▀       ‗▄▄▄‗
  ▄██████████▀       ▄██████████▀       ▄███████▄
▄██████████▀       ▄██████████▀       ▄█████████
 ▀███████▀       ▄█████████
█▀       ▄████████████
   ▀███▀       ▄██████████▀
       ▄██████████████
             ▄██████████
██      ▄████████████████
           ▄██████████
████    ▄██████████▀███████
         ▄██████████
██████  ▄██████████▀  ██████▀
          ▀███████▀
██████▄██████████▀    █████▀
            ▀███▀
   ███████████████▀      ███▀
                    ▀████████████▀        ▀▀
                      ▀████████▀
                        ▀████▀
                          ▀▀
rETERBASE

RR.ROYTRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEESRRROY
RANN THREAD  |   TELEGRAM   |   FACEBOOK   |    TWITTERR

RSIGN UP NOWR
Japinat

Activity: 1218
Merit: 530

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 06:55:23 AM

Last two days, Ethereum gave traders lots of chance to trade with very wide range of price with its dumps and recoveries. Real traders will feel happy with those movements of Ethereum and don't complain too much, I think.
When the price is cheap, traders which sees the opportunity won't complain as that's what they want, but for those who are holding and waiting for ETH to rise in value, they would complain but actually they should not do it because they still won't sell right away if ETH's price will rise as they like a high profit, so this long term holder should already anticipated that pump and dump is normal in the market, and they should focus on the overall growth.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.

▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀

iOPlay NowOi

Follow Us
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
HouseStark

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 07:10:55 AM

lol, may be you're thinking it can crash the price but remember the ecosystem system we're in if full of people who're in for the money, and then the tech comes second. Should the merger be true, both coins can skyrocket probably in the near term, just that the future will however be skeptical and will as usual depend on one thing- the survival of Bitcoin (which is the survival of cryptoverse).
Secondly, we should look at the benefits of it making ETH/BCH scalable. If that could work, then i think it is a good move.
bkbirge

Activity: 427
Merit: 127

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 03:30:12 PM

I think what the move, if enacted, does is broadcast that Eth is fundamentally flawed. Even suggesting it should make everyone question Eth's long term viability. Hope I'm wrong on that, but the impression I have is that Vitalik is flailing and that is never good when leaders lack confidence in their own work. Another reason I think the proposed short term bandaid of using the bitcoin cash network is a very bad idea is that the second Eth does that then they lose first mover advantage, the coin becomes just another alt in a sea of alts. Just my opinion, I'm a huge Eth fan and truly think the tech behind it is the future, but if it's not managed correctly then we'll have Beta vs. VHS all over again.
gembitz

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 03:50:50 PM

ETC vs. ETH = the real flipping Wink weeee

piebeyb
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Trader Since 2012

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 04:00:26 PM

Here you go https://finance.yahoo.com/news/vitalik-buterin-bitcoin-cash-improve-192359784.html
Not only bad but that will be a very bad decision, plenty solutions to solve the scalability problem and why vitalik must use BCH for fix it? that doesn't make sense.
I guess it's just a joke from Vitalik and although it is said to happen, I read the article just for a while, looking deeper I want to actually get a tweet from Vitalik saying that's the right decision, I guess it will not be possible and just a joke

STORICHAIN
  ❂❂
❂❂
❂❂
▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬
  ❂❂
❂❂
❂❂
  BOUNTY START
25 JUNE 2019
Raja_MBZ

Activity: 1274
Merit: 875

Vegeta! What does the scouter say about BTC value?

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 08:49:54 PM

Still no Ethereum 2.0/scaling/plasma/PoS/max supply/etc... Roll Eyes

If Vitalik and other Ethereum developers fail to get to these achievements by the Q2 of 2020, people will probably start moving to Cardano with their smart contracts and dApps. However, if Ethereum achieves scalability before the release of Basho phase of Cardano (which is expected to get completed by Q2 of 2020), ADA will look like a failure. Interesting times ahead...

https://twitter.com/roryhighside/status/1151650892036239365

Pages: « 1 ... 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 [1197] 1198 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.