Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:48:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 [945] 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2003996 times)
mandibleclaw

Activity: 532
Merit: 50

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:55:40 PM

Ethereum Plasma: What you need to know about the upcoming off-chain scaling solution.

The article answers such questions:

Why is Plasma necessary?
What is Plasma?
How does Plasma work?
Is Plasma secure?
What are the main benefits of Plasma?
Does Plasma have drawbacks?
When will Plasma be launched?

https://medium.com/@argongroup/ethereum-plasma-explained-608720d3c60e

I take the first question and rephrase it, is Plasma really necessary? My answer is maybe, when sharding will be implemented do Ethereum need an off-chain scaling solution? It's just a band aid till sharding implementation imo

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NrX

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:00:56 PM

We are entering in phase of competition among projects to have better scalability solutions and will be seen challenging to already established projects. Ethereum is also going to face competition but being used like foundation in many projects is also has no immediate worries though Vitalik and team is working to give their solution. Best things will come out of this race to fix scaling and faster transactions issue for us.
wenwen

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:27:15 PM

Good afternoon. I support, the Ether is really needed for the global economy, soon all people will use it, only time is needed for this. All the successes.

If any of you are wondering why Eth dropped so much in such a short time, you need to consider what is going on with Bitcoin. Bitcoin is drawing closer and closer to 6k. If BTC falls below 6k, it could spell disaster for the crypto market as a whole. Keep in mind that when Bitcoin goes down, it takes everything else in this market with it. Having said that, expect that there will be people who are going to get out while they can still be profitable or at the very least break even before a massive panic sell takes place and thrusts us into a much deeper bear market. We better hope BTC doesn't fall below 6k, we better hope things turn around soon!

Bitcoin is nothing. Ethereum is a real benefit, a real use in the economy.
raoulsergia

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:20:23 PM

We are entering in phase of competition among projects to have better scalability solutions and will be seen challenging to already established projects. Ethereum is also going to face competition but being used like foundation in many projects is also has no immediate worries though Vitalik and team is working to give their solution. Best things will come out of this race to fix scaling and faster transactions issue for us.

Yes, many projects are launching in the next 1-2 months that will give ethereum a good fight.
I wish ether had already implemented some of the features of sharding to increase tps
SimpleMan

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:54:54 PM

Ethereum has entered a new adjustment cycle, and this adjustment target will be around $488. I have already prepared some USDT to wait for this price to buy.

I don't think it will go below $500. There will just be too many people jumping in to use the opportunity and get a good entry point.

You never know what the goals of the big guys in this game are. If they want to see the price go below $500, they will make it happen.

For now that is still the case I guess but I think that will also change even more in the future. People can easily access the markets and purchase cryptos they like, which means less control in the hands of a few.

Basically right, but we have seen much larger markets than crypto having been manipulated in the past. Not sure how that compares to crypto though, but the motivation to profit from manipulation will always be there.

Once we have fully decentralized exchanges the word manipulation might get a whole different meaning in terms of variants and magnitude. If there are places where you could theoretically trade anonymously there might be enormous manipulation.

zahidmoon

Activity: 1148
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:33:42 PM

Ethereum has entered a new adjustment cycle, and this adjustment target will be around $488. I have already prepared some USDT to wait for this price to buy.

I don't think it will go below $500. There will just be too many people jumping in to use the opportunity and get a good entry point.

You never know what the goals of the big guys in this game are. If they want to see the price go below $500, they will make it happen.

For now that is still the case I guess but I think that will also change even more in the future. People can easily access the markets and purchase cryptos they like, which means less control in the hands of a few.

Basically right, but we have seen much larger markets than crypto having been manipulated in the past. Not sure how that compares to crypto though, but the motivation to profit from manipulation will always be there.

Once we have fully decentralized exchanges the word manipulation might get a whole different meaning in terms of variants and magnitude. If there are places where you could theoretically trade anonymously there might be enormous manipulation.
yes fully decentralized exchange could unlock many door of crypto trading for almost every one on the globe
anonymity is the thing that everyone care about right now in the world of crypto
most of the people in the crypto market don't want to show their selves. but there is another prob in that if some is doing wrong thing with crypto then that's not good at all
well eth network with a totally decentralized exchange could do great things and binance is up to decentralized exchange i heard that a month ago i think
cuongnguyen0540

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:00:35 AM

Ethereum is a real benefit, a real use in the economy.
IgniHash

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:16:56 AM

Has anyone noticed that the Ethereum gas prices has steadily been increasing since May 23? I used to set gas prices as 1 - 5 gwei and now it's a minmum of 12 gwei. I checked and it seems outbound TXs from exchanges are set to 50 gwei.

I wish someone knows the cheapest day and hour to send transactions.

Yes that' because of all those stupid flash games people are playing with real ethereum.

What the name of the game? Is it like Cryptokitties?
Well, this is quite problem for ETH. The platform sometimes can't handle the transaction of game based platform.

nhanmt

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:27:39 AM

Ethereum Plasma: What you need to know about the upcoming off-chain scaling solution.

The article answers such questions:

Why is Plasma necessary?
What is Plasma?
How does Plasma work?
Is Plasma secure?
What are the main benefits of Plasma?
Does Plasma have drawbacks?
When will Plasma be launched?

https://medium.com/@argongroup/ethereum-plasma-explained-608720d3c60e
Thank you for your generosity when sharing link to interesting article on Plasma of Ethereum network.
endi17

Activity: 190
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:31:11 PM

you can now mine Ethereum With CPU, GPU or even With Browser Miner

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4354585
I seem a bit strange for me but how the browser miner works? In my opinion, this time mining is about the battle of the how much power that you have owned. It's not worth any more to mine. ASIC was destroying everything and it should be stopped.
WARNING!!
STAY AWAY!
He has stolen my account! Help me find who this guy is!
22naru

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:43:17 PM

Ethereum should have been smashed by the EOS team recently, which is not very satisfactory. But this bad moment will soon be over, and the ICO market is starting to warm up recently.

Ethereum is making a decent potential about the crypto market and has the ability to generate development strategy. EOS team is a decent blockchain which has the ability to make sustainability and crediablity in the market.
EOS wanna be ethereum ... so stop compare them, till we see a working product from eos team ... eth will go up and down lots of time
SixFigures

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:01:23 PM

Vitalik refused to participate in the Consensus conference. I wonder how this will affect the market. Everybody is waiting for a pampus after the Consensus.

It won't affect the market at all, why would it? If it really had an effect it would show how premature crypto still is.

now public refusal:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/ethereum-stakeholders-meet-to-discuss-governance-without-vitalik-buterins-involvement

is there any reason for present markets' plunge ?

For how long have you been around in crypto? You call that market plunge? Check the history of Bitcoin and you will see what a market plunge can look like.

I think 40-60% drop in the crypto is just a blip. Not to be afraid of.

Agree, looking back a year we are very good in terms of value on all top 20 crypto.

That counts for those who have been in crypto for a longer time now, but those who got in December and January must feel awful now.
really who git in the crypto and invest in degitals currencies like eth and bitcoin definetly they are regretting right now
and from them who is still holding bitcoins and ethereum coins are more then 50% in loss
but if they are searching about crypto and plans to hold bitcoins and ethereum coins for the end of next year that is good for them
because now the crypto prices are i think full at bottom prices soon bearish trend will be over and bull run starts

You should try to work with commas and full stops every now and then. Unless that is meant to be some higher poetry, I think they are allowed to leave stuff away.

Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:52:53 PM

Ethereum should have been smashed by the EOS team recently, which is not very satisfactory. But this bad moment will soon be over, and the ICO market is starting to warm up recently.

Ethereum is making a decent potential about the crypto market and has the ability to generate development strategy. EOS team is a decent blockchain which has the ability to make sustainability and crediablity in the market.
EOS wanna be ethereum ... so stop compare them, till we see a working product from eos team ... eth will go up and down lots of time

Indeed, they are fixing their code, quite unreal to discover that kind of issue this late, just before the launch of main net.
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 12:04:22 AM

Indeed, they are fixing their code, quite unreal to discover that kind of issue this late, just before the launch of main net.
EOS platform is still not run and still there are no many projects be built on EOS platform, EOS is still plan but ethereum is the king of smart contract and decentralize application dapps in the competitors of platform. I think EOS will be difficult to be ethereum due to the EOS blockchain is still not be launched by the community at least for now, ethereum has run for couples years ago and the community were trusted in ethereum than another platform.
CobraJ

Activity: 224
Merit: 36

ch4534ch3ckn3v3rch453481tch

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:59:11 AM

will ethereum be the 1st crypto in the world or BTC have the place forever?

To be honest I don't have any hope any time it will surpass the father of this ecosystem. Ethereum will have more tough competition so many alternative is about to ready to provide more better services let's watch what future will bring to this community.

The ETH might not be. The BCH might be.

BCH seems to be a very marketing-heavy project, whereas Ethereum is starting to get more and more third party implementations such as the previously mentioned scaling solution like Raiden and Striim, plus can count on a very active development community which is non motivated by self-interested.
well i like striim scaling scaling.
ethereum is developing more and more and they sould because in future there will be competitors of eth
so who have the best development implementation and up to date will be the #1 but for now BTC remains up from eth
and i think eth network is already huge and far beyond from its competitors in developments

Yes btc right now is #1 in terms of decentralization and market capitalization, but ethereum is without doubt #2 and for many it is better than bitcoin (for instance even the Chinese minister of technology reported thinking so).
Also comparing bitcoin choices to improve the network usability, e.g. segwit and lightning network, with the great progress ethereum is doing (onchain and offchain scaling solution) makes me much more positive on ethereum.
About hubii's striim ethereum scaling solution, not sure if you read but it is finally ready https://medium.com/@jacobotoll/striim-hubii-is-scaling-the-ethereum-network-95f555d80fdc
yes and i think eth is best in decentralization and at #1
today i read a news that decentralization is coming
read it here:
https://www.coindesk.com/future-crypto-exchanges-decentralization-coming/
centralized exchanges volume  is going low day by day and
decentralized exchange volume is going up very fast
idex exchange is now most famous and have most volume and it is decentralized exchange also there are not many decentralize exchange are functional right now and binance is also planing to launch decentralized exchange
if decentralized exchange become more popular then eth will become more huge in future

Yes, that's a positive trend actually.
At the moment Idex is #1 as you said; probably Kyber is set to become the new biggest dex once they complete this Network upgrade in these coming days.
Also let's not forget about Hubii Core which is also going to be a decentralized exchange powered on Striim, Hubii own scaling solution.
The only issue with Kyber indeed is that unless it adopts a Striim-like solution, it will might contribute in clogging the ethereum network.

A distributed system attempts to access an API data source, but since the nodes need not execute the instructions simultaneously, the data provided by the API can yield different results. Hence you need to build some kind of time to API value lookup table; formally called oracle.
qianliwen888666

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:50:09 AM

Ethereum's rebound is pretty good. Today's speech by V has made a good impact. ETH has this small prodigy in the bright future
mig6r

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:50:41 PM

Those with better scalability sacrifice something else and that is usually decentralization. If you look at EOS they are much more centralized.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
revilo

Activity: 543
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:21:48 PM

The motivation will always be there and the means to catch that manipulation need to develop now. It's difficult for regulators to catch them as of right now.
TeraBite
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:33:09 PM

Ethereum's rebound is pretty good. Today's speech by V has made a good impact. ETH has this small prodigy in the bright future

This is time proven trusted project and very secure investment at this stage when markets are trying to make comeback. I also have strong faith into this project this will grow more healthy because this competition is turning into tough so we will see more big features on this platform.

MEGATRON  -  THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION       
                        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER         LAUNCH EVENT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN                 
dr.cheema

Activity: 826
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:00:37 PM

Ethereum price is stable around $600 and there is no bull run in ethereum price yet.
On the other side EOS launched the mainnet and EOS price getting upward after the launch of mainnet.
Now start the competition between two top cryptocurrencies Ethereum and EOS but in my opinion EOS can't overtake ethereum.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 [945] 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: