Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 08:05:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty hunting - work or a hobby?  (Read 1751 times)
qumeijia

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:04:56 PM

we have to know the essential of hobby. hobby is for pleasure when they are not working. for me, bounty is about work. how we can do all the rules given and it is a work. if you enjoy working in bounty, you are workaholic.

Denzzen

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:06:12 PM

I think this is a work, hobby is what you do without getting any income, but you get enjoyment. Doubt somebody here enjoys writing some posts for fun.
boller

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:08:51 PM

Whatever the opinion, bounty hunting is my job. I never put it as a hobby because if it is a hobby, I will not do it every day. This is my job, my duty, my task, and my responsibility to always do every day to complete the rules. I join and get in bounty because I need more money and I can earn by completing the rules of each bounty campaign.
Inspector2580

Activity: 76

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:10:02 PM

I just posted a reply in another thread where the OP stated they considered bounty hunting was work with money paid to you for your time and resources, with it likened to running a small business. I felt rather that you’d ‘paid’ for the bounty tokens in your wallet with the time you’d used doing bounty tasks and reporting etc rather than with your own cryptocurrency or fiat, and that you needed to factor in as well the time wasted on other bounty campaigns where you didn’t get any reward/payment for your bounty work because the ICO didn’t make softcap or was unethical or a cashgrab or scam! In terms of whether bounty hunting should be seen as a part or full time job/small business or rather as a hobby where you may pick up a few dollars using your phone and computer and internet and time, I felt it would depend on each bounty hunter’s individual circumstances and prevailing tax and other laws in their country. I imagined that most bounty hunters here would treat it as a ‘hobby’ that may bring some reward of tokens that may or may not be worth anything, rather than as job giving predictable taxable income - but I’ve seen little discussion or information published about this however.

I’m interested in how bounty hunters here view their receiving of bounty tokens and the value from holding or selling them - as a hobby or as a job with taxable income? And also are bounty hunters aware of any tax or other ‘rules’ known to apply to tokens received or sold in the various countries we live in?

bounty hunting is no hobby.. how can i do something that adds economic benefit to another entity and call it hobby? it doesnt just cut it. thats like saying i can work all my life doing bounty just for the fun of doing it.
bounties is clearly work. that is why you see lots of participants on the sheets. because they are working tirelessly to earn a living. that is where the issue of multiple accounts came from too. to get more funds to finance their lives.
panosdada

Activity: 456
Merit: 102

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:10:27 PM

I would consider the bounty as an interesting hobby, with the possible additional earnings for the ice cream Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

GameOfBit

Activity: 275
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:13:49 PM

Why would it be a hobby? you are earning money by just doing the bounty tasks that the team provides to you, you are creating a lot of extra exposure for the project, so more people will invest

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◯ ●     REPME     ● ◯ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██    TWITTER    █ ▌  WHITEPAPER  ▐ █    TELEGRAM    ██
The new WEBSITE will be LAUNCHED on the 1st NOVEMBER
hacidasi

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 10:13:58 PM

Definitely a job for me. because the dollar is so valuable in my country, I can live comfortably with the money I earn. also very simple

▐▐▐ UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™ ▌▌▌
┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
asbak66
Copper Member

Activity: 560

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 10:18:53 PM

Hobby that can make us get some money
I dont think bounty can make us to get a lot of money maybe thats because im still noob but if you play bounty you cant predict your income
Different if you work at least,you still have a wages from your job

tayecrypto

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:26:11 PM

well... i dont have much idea of how bounty campaings really work cause this will be my first time of participating in this....i was motivated when i saw like four people who made so much money from this campaigns and one which i know physically had to quit his banking job to fully focus on this bounty programme cause he said he made more money than what is bank is paying him.....so i think some people now makes as their job but for me i see as a hobby to me.
hicaribou

Activity: 815
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:29:27 PM

I still don't know this is a hobby or work for me
For me, it depends on my situation.
There'll be a situation that i'm not doing anything because i've to do other thing that more important
But, there'll be a situation too that i'll really into bounty hunting to get income.
Emilyp

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:31:46 PM
Merited by mexi.db (4)

Well, the answer to this varies individually. But my experience so far: when I first started bounty hunting it was like a job. I left school and was looking for something to keep myself busy with I tried trading and lost along the line I found bounty. But with time when I started understanding what cryptocurrency really is, it turned to something I enjoy doing. So now I can say it's my hobby because I like to read about projects and blog about them as well. It's a job and a hobby.
Bro.Jack.Brown

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:32:46 PM

My whole life I had a dream, as it seemed to me, a pipe dream : to work at home to be closer to the family and get a real, good income. But I came across either a Scam or a chain marketing. That's why when I found out  the bicointalk forum I clung to it and made bounty my main job. All income depends on how much time is invested in the work, well, a little bit of luck!
delarossa

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

MINTER

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 10:34:57 PM

In my opinion, bounty campaign is a side job that we can do whenever and wherever. But because it contains uncertainty, then I just assume that the bounty campaign is just a hobby. Only with mobile phones can we find it easier to earn money, but we can not escape the uncertainty. I am sure if we believe we will definitely get the results.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
apolonio

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:35:17 PM

For me it is a hobby because i have my own work. Probably most of my time will go in my work only few of my time maybe 2 to 3 hour everyday i spend in bounty hunting.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
DennisStoff

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:36:47 PM

For me, to be a bounty hunter is a job, because i have no money that should i made as capital. In cryptocurrency, we can't trade without capital, hence i said it's a job for me everyday eventhough it is small value or nothing even scam. maybe if you do it everyday, it will be youer daily activity and maybe will become your hobby.
Lindell

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 10:44:56 PM

For me, this is a work at the same time hobby. Because I'm enjoying what I'm doing. I consider this also as freelance work because I hold the time and I can choose the bounty campaign I want.
HALLASTERA

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:45:50 PM

I think bounty hunting it is work but most of bounty participants don't do it proffesional with full time work. I only read bitcointalk forum and sometime try to participate in trusted projects.
rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:48:01 PM

For me, this is a work at the same time hobby. Because I'm enjoying what I'm doing. I consider this also as freelance work because I hold the time and I can choose the bounty campaign I want.
I also think the same thing, Jobs as well as a hobby and I can say. Hobbies paid, Such is what is happening or expression of my feelings. One of the jobs I work on today is participating in every Bounty Campaign that makes us earn Earnings. Therefore it is a paid Hobby.
lestariptr

Activity: 287
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:49:11 PM

In my opinion this is a job. Because not necessarily bounty can be regarded as a hobby, If hobbies iu is very fun but this sometimes makes anxiety and feels tiring. So this is just a job and not a hobby.
BabatundeM

Activity: 317

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:52:49 PM

For me it is a big deal of work because nowadays it is quite difficult to come across a good bounty campaign that will give something tangible in terms of reward at the end of it all. So I time my time to see how successful an ICO can be before embarking on a bounty journey with them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: