Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:45:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty hunting - work or a hobby?  (Read 1748 times)
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:04:23 PM

Bounty is a work created by a bunch of professionals in the field of cryptocurrency. So, if you think it a hobby then it is OK or if you think it is a work then OK. This is the perceiveness of every person about any material or the concept. But, I know for me it is a work and I am getting paid for this also.
mylyn2327

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:17:43 PM

We have different perspective about bounty hunting, for me it's a part time job. It's my additional way of earnings, atleast I will be able to have extra income for extra expenses.
elimi

Activity: 255
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:31:33 PM

I’m interested in how bounty hunters here view their receiving of bounty tokens and the value from holding or selling them - as a hobby or as a job with taxable income? And also are bounty hunters aware of any tax or other ‘rules’ known to apply to tokens received or sold in the various countries we live in?

Bounty is a side job that may also be my hobby too. Besides I can earn an income, I also get a lot of knowledge about the world of crypto
binbim229

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:34:27 PM

I think it is a job but not as idle as people think. We must really work hard: D
Kenway

Activity: 362
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:40:49 PM

off course this is a hobby, you may only get a little reward or nothing in the end or you may get rich,  I use bounty to follow my invest ICO  project to better prepare for success and hope in the near future!
Mediator
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:47:30 PM

for me it's one of the side work from the real-life bustle I do every day, I prefer this job not as boring as working in the office. work that is not boring may be a money-making hobby and a lot of knowledge from this forum.
siinssooo

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:47:55 PM

For me as a Bounty hunt I consider this job is the main thing, because I do not have much time to do other work, but I hope to have a good strategy in the future for someone like me to do a valuable job, but for me to earn big money in a bounty campaign, i enjoy hunting bounty for now.
Bitze
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1042

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:48:25 PM

I can only answer about signature campaings since that's the only bounty i do. And for me it's a way to earn some coins from promising ICO's that I will invest in anyway so if you are here at bitcointalk discussing anyway why not earn some coins at the same time.

I totally agree.
even if it is perhaps only fun at the beginning. if one deals properly with the whole
topics it becomes fast more than only a hobby and counts in my opinion already as work  Smiley
FishsHumnsToo

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:51:22 PM

I know some people who lead 100 campaigns at the same time and more. for them it's obviously working and considering the future growth of the crypts in the future, and I think earnings will turn out decent
gurupauts

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

DISRUPTING THE $23.5 B SCIENCE PUBLISHING INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 02:52:45 PM

I consider being a bounty hunter is doing a job as well as a hobby because doing bounty is like doing a hobby but can make money and can be used as a profitable job

Pytbo

Activity: 308

Community Manager hire me

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:55:56 PM

off course this is a hobby, you may only get a little reward or nothing in the end or you may get rich,  I use bounty to follow my invest ICO  project to better prepare for success and hope in the near future!
I think it depends on how much time a person devotes to this occupation. I know several people who are engaged in bounty campaigns 8-10 hours a day. I think that this is a full-fledged work.
Umkar

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:05:07 PM

I even find it difficult to answer this question. On the one hand, the work is permanent, but it takes a lot of effort and time. Most likely, this is a hobby that requires a lot of time, and sometimes brings a profit sometimes. Therefore, this activity should have signs and works, and a hobby.
I have not yet heard that in any country demanded the payment of taxes for participation in companies generosity ICO. Its size is not that big, and therefore it is unlikely that this activity will be taxed. Perhaps only if we exchange the received tokens for ordinary money, all this will go into a single activity to make a profit from the crypto currency.
buje micin

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:20:38 PM

I consider bounty as my free time filler but I really do it all right as it is working, I give what I can do for the project that I support to be successful and can reach the target
kevindjunaidi

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:33:56 PM

if I personally consider that bounty hunter is a work, because we will be paid according to what we do.

celakkenyang

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 03:53:36 PM

I follow bounty because I like to collect coin or tokens and at the same time I make money quickly with bounty. But now bounty a lot of scam and can not achieve sales targets.
PavelMed

Activity: 560
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 03:55:32 PM

I just posted a reply in another thread where the OP stated they considered bounty hunting was work with money paid to you for your time and resources, with it likened to running a small business. I felt rather that you’d ‘paid’ for the bounty tokens in your wallet with the time you’d used doing bounty tasks and reporting etc rather than with your own cryptocurrency or fiat, and that you needed to factor in as well the time wasted on other bounty campaigns where you didn’t get any reward/payment for your bounty work because the ICO didn’t make softcap or was unethical or a cashgrab or scam! In terms of whether bounty hunting should be seen as a part or full time job/small business or rather as a hobby where you may pick up a few dollars using your phone and computer and internet and time, I felt it would depend on each bounty hunter’s individual circumstances and prevailing tax and other laws in their country. I imagined that most bounty hunters here would treat it as a ‘hobby’ that may bring some reward of tokens that may or may not be worth anything, rather than as job giving predictable taxable income - but I’ve seen little discussion or information published about this however.

I’m interested in how bounty hunters here view their receiving of bounty tokens and the value from holding or selling them - as a hobby or as a job with taxable income? And also are bounty hunters aware of any tax or other ‘rules’ known to apply to tokens received or sold in the various countries we live in?
I think bounty is a well-paid hobby . This activity brings me not only money but also knowledge and communication with people.

▶▶  BTCitcoin 2  ◀◀    Scalable Bitcoin Fork with instant verified payments
██████████████████████████████
Low Fees! Truly Anonymous Transactions Join the discussion thread
sheryl18

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:57:52 PM

I just posted a reply in another thread where the OP stated they considered bounty hunting was work with money paid to you for your time and resources, with it likened to running a small business. I felt rather that you’d ‘paid’ for the bounty tokens in your wallet with the time you’d used doing bounty tasks and reporting etc rather than with your own cryptocurrency or fiat, and that you needed to factor in as well the time wasted on other bounty campaigns where you didn’t get any reward/payment for your bounty work because the ICO didn’t make softcap or was unethical or a cashgrab or scam! In terms of whether bounty hunting should be seen as a part or full time job/small business or rather as a hobby where you may pick up a few dollars using your phone and computer and internet and time, I felt it would depend on each bounty hunter’s individual circumstances and prevailing tax and other laws in their country. I imagined that most bounty hunters here would treat it as a ‘hobby’ that may bring some reward of tokens that may or may not be worth anything, rather than as job giving predictable taxable income - but I’ve seen little discussion or information published about this however.

For sure the bounties are like working here because we are earning money here and you can get rich just because of it but if you have a family you can still work because of the wages of bounties for whatever family you can get.
cryptolk

Activity: 305
Merit: 100

ENTRY Cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 04:01:03 PM

This is my first place hobby while earned some here. But this can't use as work bcz not enough money received yet to trust bounties

MGBloomz

Activity: 238

Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 04:05:17 PM

If you have enough time you can do this as work and hobby as for me I just doing this for my extra time since I have a real job. Although if you want to focus on doing bounty you can get a decent amount of money and you have a opportunity to invest your token to wait for the higher price.

papasunkoh88

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 04:14:06 PM

Bounty hunting is amazing and excited to make it my job,,so that if you'll not be desame of my feeling you will be bored and unmotivate, ,,,,but if  would  you like to treat like job  or and business you must reap the good result as well,
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: