Bitcoin Forum
August 27, 2024, 02:26:48 PM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty hunting - work or a hobby?  (Read 1767 times)
Red Ron

Activity: 350
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:56:40 PM

For me it's a hobby. This work does not require a good qualification, any person can do it. It takes only time and patience. So now there are so many participants and our awards are often very small. A nice bonus to this hobby is sometimes good rewards when the coin flies to the moon. But this happens less and less.
batier84

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:56:45 PM

For me at the moment this is not a hobby but most likely a full-fledged work. I really spend a lot of time on bounty campaigns.
Vaultitude

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:58:17 PM

For some people it is work. You can make reasonable returns for the effort put in if you find the right bounties.
Avenger907

Activity: 406
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:59:37 PM

Bounty is not a passive income. This is a job that takes a lot of time if it is engaged in it qualitatively.
If it refers to this as entertainment or a game, you can get a small income.
I agree. Bounty can bring good revenue and become a major source of income. Particularly relevant for the countries in which I live
paulk11087

Activity: 987
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 08:06:47 PM

Although it seemed to be a hobby at first, it started to gradually become a profession. But it really starts to make people greedy for a continuous future. I guess that's getting people out of sociability a little.
Suares

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:08:21 PM

In my country crypto is not taxed. So I can safely trade and receive Bounty tokens for own pleasure. As for work / hobbies, I will say with confidence that I treat the Bounty only as a hobby, additional earnings
EL-NIDO

Activity: 629
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:14:34 PM

Bounty hunting for me is only a hobby that gives me some extra income. While reading many postings I gain also more knowledge and news about
Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. I usually do bounty campaign after my work in real life.
gwensarah1

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:17:02 PM

I just posted a reply in another thread where the OP stated they considered bounty hunting was work with money paid to you for your time and resources, with it likened to running a small business. I felt rather that you’d ‘paid’ for the bounty tokens in your wallet with the time you’d used doing bounty tasks and reporting etc rather than with your own cryptocurrency or fiat, and that you needed to factor in as well the time wasted on other bounty campaigns where you didn’t get any reward/payment for your bounty work because the ICO didn’t make softcap or was unethical or a cashgrab or scam! In terms of whether bounty hunting should be seen as a part or full time job/small business or rather as a hobby where you may pick up a few dollars using your phone and computer and internet and time, I felt it would depend on each bounty hunter’s individual circumstances and prevailing tax and other laws in their country. I imagined that most bounty hunters here would treat it as a ‘hobby’ that may bring some reward of tokens that may or may not be worth anything, rather than as job giving predictable taxable income - but I’ve seen little discussion or information published about this however.

I’m interested in how bounty hunters here view their receiving of bounty tokens and the value from holding or selling them - as a hobby or as a job with taxable income? And also are bounty hunters aware of any tax or other ‘rules’ known to apply to tokens received or sold in the various countries we live in?

I consider bounty hunting as a work, because for me bounties is another source of income, some see it as a hobby, cause it’s not something that requires too much thinking or neither is it a work that’s strenuous . These days I put more effort into bounty campaigns, and try to join good projects and bounties with high payout, I join at least 25 bounties, and also mix them up with my other jobs or projects have got, can’t do everything on my own, I employ those who manage my social media accts and pay them monthly for the work done, so I see it as a job, I try not to sell the tokens I get from a bounty Campaign immediately, if it’s worth it, I love bounty campaigns cause it helps to increase my crypto portfolio.
Alexishugh7

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:28:45 PM

I love being on this forum because it is educative,interesting and I get to learn alot of things. So doing signature bounty for me is more like a hobby but social media and article bounties I see them more as work cuz they really don't excite me. As for taxation of earning I make from bounty, crypto is not taxed in my country for now.
Dervish doff

Activity: 1134
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:41:10 PM

I just posted a reply in another thread where the OP stated they considered bounty hunting was work with money paid to you for your time and resources, with it likened to running a small business. I felt rather that you’d ‘paid’ for the bounty tokens in your wallet with the time you’d used doing bounty tasks and reporting etc rather than with your own cryptocurrency or fiat, and that you needed to factor in as well the time wasted on other bounty campaigns where you didn’t get any reward/payment for your bounty work because the ICO didn’t make softcap or was unethical or a cashgrab or scam! In terms of whether bounty hunting should be seen as a part or full time job/small business or rather as a hobby where you may pick up a few dollars using your phone and computer and internet and time, I felt it would depend on each bounty hunter’s individual circumstances and prevailing tax and other laws in their country. I imagined that most bounty hunters here would treat it as a ‘hobby’ that may bring some reward of tokens that may or may not be worth anything, rather than as job giving predictable taxable income - but I’ve seen little discussion or information published about this however.

I’m interested in how bounty hunters here view their receiving of bounty tokens and the value from holding or selling them - as a hobby or as a job with taxable income? And also are bounty hunters aware of any tax or other ‘rules’ known to apply to tokens received or sold in the various countries we live in?
I really like the bounty and have become a work in my daily life in cryptocurrency, although I also invest in various coin, in bounty, I have made it as my hobby, because without a hobby will not succeed, I think taxes are cut out of every transaction we, already on the cut by the exchange, with the percentage of deductions, when we do WD to our bank account, it also happens, just not directly from us to the state, only happens between the exchange with the state, we unconsciously also have paid the tax, all in taxes, but by direct or indirect means, so our position as a bounty hunter has also participated in taxes, may we succeed always in the world of crypto, and build our country's economy.
veraoktav127

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:55:11 PM

by following the bounty we will get a coin and if the coin has a high value will definitely provide a great advantage if it is sold so I think being a bounty hunter can help finance apart from our main work

PHOENEX EXCHANGE                       
                               ● Taking Cryptocurrency Exchange to a New Height ●                               
TELEGRAMREDDITREDDITMEDIUMFACEBOOK   ◣WHITEPAPER   
Kratos456

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:01:11 PM

The hobby of the Bounty is more like a hobby. Although it brings in revenue, but this income is not stable, and you need to look for stable sources of income

[www.athero.io]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution
▀▀█▄▄   A revolutionary decentralized digital economy   ▄▄█▀▀
Tlongbottom

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:01:45 PM

It’s a 100% hobby for me. It’s fun collecting different coins that I think have a good future or at least a fun concept. I started doing it because following ICOs and bounty campaigns are way more interesting than hanging out on exchanges and trading in my free time. I can’t imagine being able to make a full time wage off of bounty hunting with the volatility in the market as well as the increasing number of participants involved.
traged

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:03:02 PM

I think that depends where in the world do you live. It can be a full time job from somebody and just small hobby money for somebody else.
jakaKak

Activity: 164

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:03:21 PM

It could really be work for you if your getting a lot of translations and articles done in a lot of bounties but i can image it becomes too much to sit behind computer and do bounties and airdrops all day.

oFFisovm

Activity: 196

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:03:56 PM

For me to yet, this is increasingly turning into work, too many nerves to get tokens on time and their sale.

Granit0

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:07:03 PM

I am interested in cryptocurrencies so I participate in bounty projects. So for me it's more of a hobby. But what is the difference between hobby and work? We also spend our time, learn new things, set tasks. So that work and hobby are worth near.
Loveydovey04

Activity: 392
Merit: 123

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:10:06 PM

Well, some consider it as work, some even make it their full time job specially those that been jobless from the beginning but found it out that bounties are indeed profitable, regardless of those who do not pay and the scams. Me personally i make it a side job since i still have a permanent job so in my spare time i do the bounty tasks.

becak mesin

Activity: 163
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:17:08 PM

It is my hobby and my way to earn money. I use my hobby to make a living, therefore I always enjoy my time with bounty. And I believe that most bitcoin users also do and finish the task given by bounty rules as their hobby or love jobs. And they can get a double from it, happy and payment.

Crypto-Court
Universal Cryptocurrency Platform
https://cryptocourt.online/
umrohyuk

Activity: 155

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:37:45 PM

everybody has own consideration. for me, bounty is a work because people who engage in bounty, they do the rules to earn money from project that they participate. it is different with a hobby. we do our activity based on our pleasure and not confined by other people or campaign. regardless of it, people can consider it as hobby to enhance enthusiasm of work.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: