Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:15:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty hunting - work or a hobby?  (Read 1748 times)
dinar99

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:19:11 AM

I just posted a reply in another thread where the OP stated they considered bounty hunting was work with money paid to you for your time and resources, with it likened to running a small business. I felt rather that you’d ‘paid’ for the bounty tokens in your wallet with the time you’d used doing bounty tasks and reporting etc rather than with your own cryptocurrency or fiat, and that you needed to factor in as well the time wasted on other bounty campaigns where you didn’t get any reward/payment for your bounty work because the ICO didn’t make softcap or was unethical or a cashgrab or scam! In terms of whether bounty hunting should be seen as a part or full time job/small business or rather as a hobby where you may pick up a few dollars using your phone and computer and internet and time, I felt it would depend on each bounty hunter’s individual circumstances and prevailing tax and other laws in their country. I imagined that most bounty hunters here would treat it as a ‘hobby’ that may bring some reward of tokens that may or may not be worth anything, rather than as job giving predictable taxable income - but I’ve seen little discussion or information published about this however.

I’m interested in how bounty hunters here view their receiving of bounty tokens and the value from holding or selling them - as a hobby or as a job with taxable income? And also are bounty hunters aware of any tax or other ‘rules’ known to apply to tokens received or sold in the various countries we live in?

I think, Bounty Hunting  is as a hobby, but at least it can make me some money so it is can be categorised as a work too. I like it, A hobby give me benefit.
nemey

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

Catena X

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:21:16 AM

Bounty hunting is not my hobby. This is my job to earn a token that will be money or cash or for investment. It seems to be clear that hunting the bounty and then completing the task is not part of the hobby. That is a job that I must be responsible for it.

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
██ ███ ██    C a t e n a  X    ██ ███ ██
|        T w i t t e r        |      T e l e g r a m      |   A N N   T h r e a d   |         G i t h u b         |
Smollett945

Activity: 185

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:27:12 AM

Of course, this is not the main job, because payments are unstable. But also I can not call it a hobby, because it requires a high level of self-discipline and control.
Benabod

Activity: 184

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:28:38 AM

Bounty for me is more than a hobby because something you can earn a living from is more of a work than a hobby. Bounty hunting to me is a work I'm not doing it full time though but maybe sometime in the future it'll have my full attention and about tax and regulations nothing of such in my country yet but the Central Bank is reviewing digital currency so also national assembly trying to see how they can pass a bill on crypto to protect its citizens
Coffe88

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:29:49 AM

I think the gift works, believe it or not it is a fact, but what if we regard the gift as a hobby I think it is something very good, because if any gifts we follow are lying or false then we do not hurt. which is basically a gift that can work and also a hobby, depending on the person who judges it as well.
xuzukami

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:00:50 AM

said hobby I think it's right because I while doing bounty I also love doing things that add to my knowledge of all these things is something very profitable for me and rarely people know this most people just targeting the money alone but if I own everything I seek.

My main goal is income, I'm not really into Bounty, and I do it just to make more money, first of all my hard life has made me do all the work as long as Can earn more income so that is one of the motivations for me to work.
Kettle255

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:08:01 AM

In my own opinion, bounty hunting isn't a hobby. Its an avenue to earn extra income by  doing some specific tasks. I do not see it as a hobby as some bounties need you to study deeply like writing content on a project. So, I see it more like a work than a hobby
lucky9999

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:09:30 AM

I'd take it as a part time job.
I spend hours in bounty campaign every week and get some tokens as a payment.
It is a good job, since I can decide when to do it.
Cryptomania098

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:10:14 AM

I just posted a reply in another thread where the OP stated they considered bounty hunting was work with money paid to you for your time and resources, with it likened to running a small business. I felt rather that you’d ‘paid’ for the bounty tokens in your wallet with the time you’d used doing bounty tasks and reporting etc rather than with your own cryptocurrency or fiat, and that you needed to factor in as well the time wasted on other bounty campaigns where you didn’t get any reward/payment for your bounty work because the ICO didn’t make softcap or was unethical or a cashgrab or scam! In terms of whether bounty hunting should be seen as a part or full time job/small business or rather as a hobby where you may pick up a few dollars using your phone and computer and internet and time, I felt it would depend on each bounty hunter’s individual circumstances and prevailing tax and other laws in their country. I imagined that most bounty hunters here would treat it as a ‘hobby’ that may bring some reward of tokens that may or may not be worth anything, rather than as job giving predictable taxable income - but I’ve seen little discussion or information published about this however.

I’m interested in how bounty hunters here view their receiving of bounty tokens and the value from holding or selling them - as a hobby or as a job with taxable income? And also are bounty hunters aware of any tax or other ‘rules’ known to apply to tokens received or sold in the various countries we live in?

Sometimes you can classify your work as a hobby if you enjoy the atmosphere at which it operates. Some hunters classify it as a work to them and some classify it as a hobby cos they enjoy what they're doing. For me, bounty is a hobby.
basty03

Activity: 304

0x1b2d294ab6ca449e34F946B86540cd342cF49100

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:13:08 AM

For others who have not a real job and rely in this forum I think for them bounty is work and I think being bounty hunter is like a work because you need to do your task before you get your reward. And others wants bounty hunting as their hobby to earn extra money.
websoftwareengineer

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

Blockchain with VTOS energy

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:16:29 AM

In my own opinion, bounty campaigns is a work because there are a lot of people today who are switching from working on the corporate world into a full time trader in the market because in this way they can earn more income.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
Vladique

Activity: 1372

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 09:20:08 AM

For me, the bounty is a full-fledged work, this is my only source of income, you can earn good money on a bounty and it's a fact, the main thing is to put all the forces to it
LesterD

Activity: 665
Merit: 114

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:24:18 AM

for me, it is already a job, its not just a hobby, if this is just a hobby, you are thinking like you are just playing games in here. we are all doing a tasks or a little work for the bounty campaigns, and in return, they will pay us for our job. the only thing is, cryptocurrencies is not yet taxable, maybe in some countries, but in my country, it is not taxable yet.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Captainluffy24

Activity: 197

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:29:04 AM

I'm considering this as work and not just hobby since I'm being paid. In addition, I wouldn't exert much of my time here if there is no profit involve so I'm not doing this for hubby.
griga85

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:32:38 AM

my opinion is that running a bounty is more of a hobby than a job, an option for an additional source of cash ... This type of activity can not be regarded as the main job, because earnings are unstable, this month you earned $ 1k and next month 0 and you always want to eat equally)
cryptomanspbmgdn
Copper Member

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 09:41:34 AM

personally for me it is a job and I do not have another,I spend a lot of time on it,more than my friends in the office...
Devanomrz

Activity: 151

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 09:45:15 AM

You'll love if they pay if you do your hobby
But so many people say it's a job
But for me it's a payed hobby
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:52:29 AM

A hobby with payment because of course they really don't like it if they don't get payed for what they work for. That's why they just said it as a hobby because it's kinda boring if you were working without any allowance for a whole or couple of months. So, my answer is it is something like a contractual job that most likely be seen as a part time job.

laros212

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

https://tokensale.bitwings.org

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 10:03:12 AM

I think like learning about cryptocoin .. and we are given bonus seperty in bounty program .. as we learn but we get a salary in the activity we learn it .. one time the road two advantages.
so I think to deepen the science in the world of cryptocoin is very profitble and very tempting .. and the results were tolerable for the cost of daily life

Volk-05

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:07:37 AM

This is a hobby from which it all began and gradually developed into a work that, by the way, brings a pretty good profit!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: