Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:48:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty hunting - work or a hobby?  (Read 1748 times)
Ade A Aziz

Activity: 221
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:39:59 AM

I just posted a reply in another thread where the OP stated they considered bounty hunting was work with money paid to you for your time and resources, with it likened to running a small business. I felt rather that you’d ‘paid’ for the bounty tokens in your wallet with the time you’d used doing bounty tasks and reporting etc rather than with your own cryptocurrency or fiat, and that you needed to factor in as well the time wasted on other bounty campaigns where you didn’t get any reward/payment for your bounty work because the ICO didn’t make softcap or was unethical or a cashgrab or scam! In terms of whether bounty hunting should be seen as a part or full time job/small business or rather as a hobby where you may pick up a few dollars using your phone and computer and internet and time, I felt it would depend on each bounty hunter’s individual circumstances and prevailing tax and other laws in their country. I imagined that most bounty hunters here would treat it as a ‘hobby’ that may bring some reward of tokens that may or may not be worth anything, rather than as job giving predictable taxable income - but I’ve seen little discussion or information published about this however.

I’m interested in how bounty hunters here view their receiving of bounty tokens and the value from holding or selling them - as a hobby or as a job with taxable income? And also are bounty hunters aware of any tax or other ‘rules’ known to apply to tokens received or sold in the various countries we live in?
Honestly, I think not just a hobby, most participants bounty make bounty as a side job that could supplement their income. In fact, many of them make it the main job because it is more profitable, so they do bounty with full time.
buivanquan22

Activity: 171

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:35:15 AM

For some people, bounty hunting is a daily task because it really gives them money. As for myself, I bounty as a source of income other than my main job, and I myself enjoy the bounty.
Enyi001

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 07:38:02 AM

Bounty hunting is actually a work to me and it has also become a hobby too. At first, it was a work but now, it has become a hobby and not just a hobby, but a hobby that pays... I'm so happy for that. I keeps me busy, it keeps my hands exercised on my gadgets and I really love it.
Ycekezuv

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:38:30 AM

It was a hobby, it was a job that could well cover daily expenses, with the possibility to save money!
Cryptokarl

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:53:02 AM

Bounty can be considered as work. We use time and effort for it. you are expecting payment for the  work done. Also, other people really viewed bounty as their primary work, for them it is an opportunity to earn because they dont have actual jobs. This is also the main reason why bounty hunter's population is increasing everytime.
bournekin

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:01:44 AM

Bounty is the first job that I do. I don't take it as the problem even that it is considered as a hobby or not. I just consider it as the full-time job because from this bounty, I can earn the tokens or coins easily. This is not free, but bounty really can help me to have the better life.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
Cryptokingind

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 03:28:43 PM

Bounty hunting is a job for me and i do my work with full honesty.I spend approx 3-4 hours daily for doing my work. i really enjoy my work and earn a good  income from bounty hunting.
campica

Activity: 645
Merit: 145

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 03:32:16 PM

For bounty hunting you spend your time like it is real job and sometimes you don't even get paid. So for me bounty hunting should be a hobby and not a real job. I think that everyone participate atleast in one bounty campaign in which he didn't get paid at the end. So don't take so serious bounty hunting, because sometimes is just a waste of time.
Hobbit698

Activity: 155

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:54:28 AM

For me, bounty is the main income
vinhkube01

Activity: 62

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 03:58:50 AM

I would consider it as a job because it finds itself able to make good money and not be limited in time
aonfons

Activity: 217

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 04:05:27 AM

I joined bounty & airdrop in my free time at home after work day. It's just extra work because of the small amount of money they receive -)
wowprolol

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 04:06:54 AM

I try to spend in bounty no more than 1-2 hours a day as well as to do it
daglordjames

Activity: 550

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 04:40:26 AM

well for me bounty hunting is a work because i always spend time on it and im working then i get paid.
iblistenan

Activity: 462
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 04:58:43 AM

yes, I think also bounty hunter is a promotional work of a company that is standing to promote their products, because this becomes an interesting thing, gradually become a hobby to do
deeofficialx

Activity: 462
Merit: 113

Need me? PM me!

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:30:12 AM

I am—currently—unemployed so, for now, this could be a [job] for me. And besides, I am earning a lot more than my previous work.

This is actually a [job]by, I think. Giving your effort to get paid—and being happy while earning, that matters the most.
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:34:10 AM

I call it a temporary work. My earnings on bounty hunting will depend on how much more do I spend it on trading. Today I do bounty hunting again since I want to earn for trading. Also the task are easy and it doesn't consume an hour posting, sharing, retweeting if you are really willing to earn then being lazy is not an option here.
patykuprova

Activity: 364

Creative & digital marketing agency

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 10:42:15 AM

I just posted a reply in another thread where the OP stated they considered bounty hunting was work with money paid to you for your time and resources, with it likened to running a small business. I felt rather that you’d ‘paid’ for the bounty tokens in your wallet with the time you’d used doing bounty tasks and reporting etc rather than with your own cryptocurrency or fiat, and that you needed to factor in as well the time wasted on other bounty campaigns where you didn’t get any reward/payment for your bounty work because the ICO didn’t make softcap or was unethical or a cashgrab or scam! In terms of whether bounty hunting should be seen as a part or full time job/small business or rather as a hobby where you may pick up a few dollars using your phone and computer and internet and time, I felt it would depend on each bounty hunter’s individual circumstances and prevailing tax and other laws in their country. I imagined that most bounty hunters here would treat it as a ‘hobby’ that may bring some reward of tokens that may or may not be worth anything, rather than as job giving predictable taxable income - but I’ve seen little discussion or information published about this however.

I’m interested in how bounty hunters here view their receiving of bounty tokens and the value from holding or selling them - as a hobby or as a job with taxable income? And also are bounty hunters aware of any tax or other ‘rules’ known to apply to tokens received or sold in the various countries we live in?
Hi friend, in my opinion, the bounty work is only my part time work, i do the bounty when i have free time! In my bussiness time i am an engineer, after i go back home i do the bounty. I think that people should also like me!

I have finished kyc but not get token yet. Telegram @BeansreaL
My Erc-20 address: 0xe3e21e290544471facac5b9fb51127b1a0725710
poopbread

Activity: 79
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:12:21 AM

Hi friend, in my opinion, the bounty work is only my part time work, i do the bounty when i have free time! In my bussiness time i am an engineer, after i go back home i do the bounty. I think that people should also like me!
Most people participate in gratuity activities should be their part-time jobs, I believe. In fact, it usually takes about 2 months to get a reward.
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:17:02 AM

It should be more of a hobby or an in-between job while finding something full-time. This is a volatile form of income because in some cases the project will disappear or refuse to pay up. Then you will have no income for a long time, if you rely on it then use bountyhive which is more reliable as a bounty program

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
qtypatuty

Activity: 144

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:19:44 AM

Doing bounty campaigns is not an hobby .its really a work. A very good work because if you are just doing it like you don't care you will end up with zero rewards but if you work hard. The rewards is going to be great.
I completely agree with the statement. I always consider Bounty Campaigns as a form of work. If you perform specific tasks in exchange for a reward and/or money after a period of time, then those specific tasks should be considered as work.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: