Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:15:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty hunting - work or a hobby?  (Read 1747 times)
daenarys_stormborn

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:20:05 AM

I just make bounty hunting as a hoby only, because the profession as bounty hunter is not suitable to serve as the main job, because the crypto world is very unstable, especially lately, therefore I only make bounty as a side job

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jherenz

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:27:44 AM

I treated as my second job just like i am panic if i never done yet my task in bounty campaigns at the end of the project.
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:08:33 PM

For me it's more a both because this is where i get or earn money and because i've been doing this for quite sometime now it became a regular routine everyday for me to do because it seems very familar every day.
lissa brak

Activity: 222
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:10:28 PM

I think Bounty is all a very fun job doing a job as a paid hobby. Everyone will be different. Some say Bounty is a job, some say bounty is a hobby, And some say Bounty is a job as well as a hobby. If I personally say Bounty is a paid bounty.
kris679

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:16:41 PM

I think it's faster than getting paid, but it does not work because a lot of projects do not pay or pay a few bucks for 2 months of work!
nicolesalv

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

Ethereum Limited Edition ICO

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:22:50 PM

I just posted a reply in another thread where the OP stated they considered bounty hunting was work with money paid to you for your time and resources, with it likened to running a small business. I felt rather that you’d ‘paid’ for the bounty tokens in your wallet with the time you’d used doing bounty tasks and reporting etc rather than with your own cryptocurrency or fiat, and that you needed to factor in as well the time wasted on other bounty campaigns where you didn’t get any reward/payment for your bounty work because the ICO didn’t make softcap or was unethical or a cashgrab or scam! In terms of whether bounty hunting should be seen as a part or full time job/small business or rather as a hobby where you may pick up a few dollars using your phone and computer and internet and time, I felt it would depend on each bounty hunter’s individual circumstances and prevailing tax and other laws in their country. I imagined that most bounty hunters here would treat it as a ‘hobby’ that may bring some reward of tokens that may or may not be worth anything, rather than as job giving predictable taxable income - but I’ve seen little discussion or information published about this however.

I’m interested in how bounty hunters here view their receiving of bounty tokens and the value from holding or selling them - as a hobby or as a job with taxable income? And also are bounty hunters aware of any tax or other ‘rules’ known to apply to tokens received or sold in the various countries we live in?

For me wether it is a job for you or  Hobby. In my situation I consider it as job or work in which I am enjoying doing it.  A work that is not giving you too much pressure and stress, a work where there is no boss . A work where you can voice out. So for me it is a work but became a hobby as time goes by, what important is am getting paid while I am enjoying work.

[ JOIN OUR CROWDSALE    │    PRESALE ]
( E T H L )  ETHEREUM LIMITED
BraveSaw

Activity: 117

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:23:57 PM

For me it's a hobby and a way to stay tuned in the lates new in cryto world and also it's a nice bonus Smiley
Artem57

Activity: 232
Merit: 2

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:29:29 PM

For many bounties this is a job, but I would not call it my job for several reasons. Firstly, I work in a factory and this work brings me a pretty good income. The second bounty is very unstable, which we see recently. You can not plan your expenses in any way, because you do not know how much money you can get by participating in bounty companies.

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
Natusik

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:29:40 PM

I can not call my participation in the campaigns bounty the main earnings, although I earn more money here than on my basic real work. The fact is that I keep the earned tokens, do not sell them and expect them to grow significantl. I spend my salary on life. Maybe someday my coins will grow in price so that I do not have to work more  Cheesy
funyjackson

Activity: 73

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:36:43 PM

i have a formal job . i do some bounty in my spare time . this is my hobby . among them , i found some great projects . i'm excited about it . they will change our lives . such as , CARDSTACK
maxim000

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:42:16 PM

Just consider it as your secondary income. Do not think of this one as a full time because there is a fear of what if in the upcoming months the bounty campaigns cease to exist? Just earn as much as you can from a bounty campaign till they are going on and keep the profits as your passive income.
Also,  you get paid at the end of the campaign and it takes time for the altcoin to get registered on the exchange. You can consider bounty hunting as a monthly fixed income.
ZBer_Cut

Activity: 128

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:42:25 PM

In many, participation in generosity companies ICO can begin as a hobby, then it can turn into work if the generosity campaigns of ICO have entrained you and if they started to bring you a good income.
alexbs

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:52:37 PM

I think that bounty hunting could be considered as a job. For those who do not have any "real job" is it possible to earn some good money investing their time and effort.

There are plenty of activities related to ICO's (translations, moderation, promotion and so on...) that you can do and most of them takes takes a lot of time and efforts.

For me bounty hunting is only one of my hobby and gives me the opportunity to gain some tokens. I just enjoy participating in bounty campaign like signature campaign and twitter campaign.
sandiskumen

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:53:11 PM

Yes so far you can count it as a hobby, but at least it can make money for you so it can be categorized as a job also IMO. as others say do it with your pleasure, take your spare time.A job or a side business to earn extra income. Pay hunters really adhere to the rules in Bounty campaigns in order for them to qualify for reward rewards.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26]
  Print  

Jump to: