Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:32:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Broken BTC Withdrawals on Gox -- 2230 EST, 28 JAN: 1654 broken TX!!  (Read 176889 times)
Netprofits

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:32:04 AM

This is the message I receive under Withdrawal Center, is this common?

Your account has been restricted from accessing funding options. Please contact support@mtgox.com for additional information on why your account has been restricted.

Unverified? 
btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:15:42 AM

Your account has been restricted from accessing funding options. Please contact support@mtgox.com for additional information on why your account has been restricted.

I have this too now... just noticed when I went to make a test withdrawal. First time I ever saw this. Verified user here.
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:34:45 AM

whats the longest time to wait for recieving a broken tx Huh

is Gox fixing this automatically or are multiple tickets needed ?

somebody got an unbroken transaction for today already?

I just tried 7 and 10 BTC withdrawls both didn´t appear in the chain....

Thanks
steadymobbin

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:58:47 AM

This is a follow up from my post about 1100 coins about 5 posts ago.  I just received my first communication from Mt. Gox within the last hour (Been waiting for 6 days).  It was about 10 emails from Ashley from support, all of which were automated saying she merged my request with my original ticket created 6 days ago (I had sent about 10 emails to support).  So she merged them, without saying anything of substance.  At least it looks like someone is employed there and looking at support tickets.  Let's just hope they get to the bottom of this large problem soon.
fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:15:47 AM

This is a follow up from my post about 1100 coins about 5 posts ago.  I just received my first communication from Mt. Gox within the last hour (Been waiting for 6 days).  It was about 10 emails from Ashley from support, all of which were automated saying she merged my request with my original ticket created 6 days ago (I had sent about 10 emails to support).  So she merged them, without saying anything of substance.  At least it looks like someone is employed there and looking at support tickets.  Let's just hope they get to the bottom of this large problem soon.

Let´s hope for the best. No one should face such kind of problems. Please keep us updated.

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
steadymobbin

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:17:04 AM

There actually was a reply once I logged into my support ticket help desk.  Here it is:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for the email. We have merged all your tickets for a better follow up. We can see that your withdrawal is yet to be processed. The transactions are being re-issued automatically, however we will also escalate this to our developers and update you once the withdrawal is processed. On checking we could find that 1 of your withdrawal of 100 BTC has been processed. Please refer the below link:

<took out link>

We will keep you updated once the other withdrawal gets processed.

Best regards,

MtGox Team
https://www.mtgox.com
spanishfry

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:14:59 AM

Unverified? 

Verified.  My support ticket asking what this is about is 3 days old now.
JMATTH33

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:41:03 AM

There actually was a reply once I logged into my support ticket help desk.  Here it is:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for the email. We have merged all your tickets for a better follow up. We can see that your withdrawal is yet to be processed. The transactions are being re-issued automatically, however we will also escalate this to our developers and update you once the withdrawal is processed. On checking we could find that 1 of your withdrawal of 100 BTC has been processed. Please refer the below link:

<took out link>

We will keep you updated once the other withdrawal gets processed.

Best regards,

MtGox Team
https://www.mtgox.com

Good to hear. Some sign of life there. Keep us posted
suntsu

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:51:59 AM

I am a Trusted Account holder and have been using MtGox for more than 3 years.

Quite some BTC coins stuck now for 6 days. USD stuck for more than 5 months. No response to multiple support tickets. A tweet to Mark Karpeles with my support ticket reference got no reply.

Can anyone recommend a lawyer, preferable Tokyo based, to formally notify MtGox and its directors and put them in breach ?

steadymobbin

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:52:29 AM

yeah man!  agreed
[/quote]

Good to hear. Some sign of life there. Keep us posted
[/quote]
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 07:43:36 AM

Quite some BTC coins stuck now for 6 days. USD stuck for more than 5 months. No response to multiple support tickets. A tweet to Mark Karpeles with my support ticket reference got no reply.

Can anyone recommend a lawyer, preferable Tokyo based, to formally notify MtGox and its directors and put them in breach ?
If you're in the US, you can sue them in Delaware. Mt. Gox registered with FinCen, established a US "office" in Delaware, and is thus subject to US law.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:21:21 AM

If you're in the US, you can sue them in Delaware. Mt. Gox registered with FinCen, established a US "office" in Delaware, and is thus subject to US law.

I don't want to sue because it will very likely be throwing good money after bad to hire an attorney and all that crap.  Plus it would be a giant hassle.

What I would like to do is somehow attach a claim to some of the money (~$5M) that the U.S. Govt appropriated from Mutum Smegma, LLC or whatever they call it.

Anyone with legal experience know if such a thing is possible?

I made a semi-formal proposal to Mt. Gox to roll back the transactions which I performed specifically and exclusively to receive a wire and kept documentation of this offer.  So, I expect to be claiming more than the value of the wire that they never sent after 6 months of waiting.  (Don't expect to get it though, but who knows?)

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
igorr

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:15:55 PM

MtGox is dead, there is no money for the pay out,  and it is our trapped and lost money forever.  Cry

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
MrWr1TeR

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:37:45 PM

Mon 27-1 7:36 I transferred 1.4 BTC from Mtgox... this never appeared in the blockchain.
at 7:40 I transferred the same amount. This instantly appeared in the blockchain and in my wallet.

Yesterday I made a support ticket. No answer yet  Angry

I'll keep u informed.
Can anyone with technical background explain what might be causing this error? Safety of the Bitcoin network is one of the main advantages of Bitcoin. Disappearing transactions is serious shit.
fr33d0miz3r

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:56:50 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 12:32:09 AM by fr33d0miz3r

They are expirencing some unusual kind of a DoS attack. As I get it, someone deposits his gox account with lots of dust (small) transactions.
And when you try to withdraw your BTC, Gox uses its hot wallet which is full of that dust.  So, it builds your tx from that dust, and your tx becomes too large (with lots of small inputs).

And then...

From IRC:

Code:
07:22:24 <synchronize>	Can't understand how this transaction didn't come
07:22:43 <dizko> they build the transaction, and if they decide its 'too big' they double spend it to keep it from relaying
07:22:48 <dizko> and then later send a new one
07:23:03 <dizko> but there's an automated process that takes 24-48 hours to do it
07:23:14 <dizko> now, some people, it just never fixes and you have to escalate it
07:23:23 <dizko> so they wont give you a lot of help before 48 hours
07:23:43 <dizko> nice feature eh?
07:24:35 <synchronize> well we are past 48 hours now and still no reply or funds yet
07:24:46 <dizko> it took me a week
07:25:01 <dizko> so, what you want to do is find your transaction reference they sent you in email
07:25:09 <dizko> open a ticket with that in it (if you havent already)
07:25:14 <dizko> then send those details to marionxd
07:25:21 <dizko> and hope she has time to help escalate
07:25:23 <synchronize> Wow that's pretty ridiculous. I've sent 3 tickets in about this already
07:25:41 <dizko> they have a big ticket backlog so tickets arent useful on their own really
07:25:52 <dizko> you need to get a warm body to escalate it
07:26:36 <synchronize> how do I sent to marionxd?
07:26:51 <dizko> you can pm her, but she gets a million pm's
07:27:00 <dizko> so my advice is to sit here and wait until you see her talking
07:27:17 <dizko> and then try to get her attention, usualyl you need to wait for her to finish helping whoever she is already
07:27:42 <synchronize> i see - will try this
07:27:59 <dizko> they're busy and stressed and dealing with this terrible system, so try to be patient and nice to them
07:28:08 <dizko> i got fed up and was a dick, but it didnt help ;)
zyk

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:50:17 PM

IS ANYBODY OUT THERE WHO GOT ANY BTC WITHDRAWL BROKEN OR UNBROKEN IN THE LAST 24 hours?  Huh

McKinley

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:12:17 PM

BTC withdrawal was last working for me on Jan 27th. Not today though.
fr33d0miz3r

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:58:11 PM

I received my BTC withdrawal today after 4 days delay
bahamapascal

Activity: 695

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:40:02 PM

The are expirencing some unusual kind of a DoS attack. As I get it, someone deposits his gox account with lots of dust (small) transactions.
And when you try to withdraw your BTC, Gox uses its hot wallet which is full of that dust.  So, it builds your tx from that dust, and your tx becomes too large (with lots of small inputs).

And then...

From IRC:

Code:
07:22:24 <synchronize>	Can't understand how this transaction didn't come
07:22:43 <dizko> they build the transaction, and if they decide its 'too big' they double spend it to keep it from relaying
07:22:48 <dizko> and then later send a new one
07:23:03 <dizko> but there's an automated process that takes 24-48 hours to do it
07:23:14 <dizko> now, some people, it just never fixes and you have to escalate it
07:23:23 <dizko> so they wont give you a lot of help before 48 hours
07:23:43 <dizko> nice feature eh?
07:24:35 <synchronize> well we are past 48 hours now and still no reply or funds yet
07:24:46 <dizko> it took me a week
07:25:01 <dizko> so, what you want to do is find your transaction reference they sent you in email
07:25:09 <dizko> open a ticket with that in it (if you havent already)
07:25:14 <dizko> then send those details to marionxd
07:25:21 <dizko> and hope she has time to help escalate
07:25:23 <synchronize> Wow that's pretty ridiculous. I've sent 3 tickets in about this already
07:25:41 <dizko> they have a big ticket backlog so tickets arent useful on their own really
07:25:52 <dizko> you need to get a warm body to escalate it
07:26:36 <synchronize> how do I sent to marionxd?
07:26:51 <dizko> you can pm her, but she gets a million pm's
07:27:00 <dizko> so my advice is to sit here and wait until you see her talking
07:27:17 <dizko> and then try to get her attention, usualyl you need to wait for her to finish helping whoever she is already
07:27:42 <synchronize> i see - will try this
07:27:59 <dizko> they're busy and stressed and dealing with this terrible system, so try to be patient and nice to them
07:28:08 <dizko> i got fed up and was a dick, but it didnt help ;)

Thanks for the info, if it would be "just" that then I would be so relived!
...what I just don't understand is, why the heck cant they make an official statment on twitter, facebook, this forum, etz.
Then I think a lot of people (including me) would be a lot more calm!

IS ANYBODY OUT THERE WHO GOT ANY BTC WITHDRAWL BROKEN OR UNBROKEN IN THE LAST 24 hours?  Huh

I made an withdraw (7 btc !!!!) over 60 Hours ago and it still did not arive or even get listed on the blockchain.
But I found it listed on http://skanner.net/MtGox/mtgox_tx.php as a broken transaktion...
I also made a small test withdraw of 0.04 BTC today and that arived with no problem, within 1 hour
zyk

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:54:28 PM

I received my BTC withdrawal today after 4 days delay

Has it come there automatically ?  or how many tickets were needed ? got the support even involved?

Thanks
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: