Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:04:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Broken BTC Withdrawals on Gox -- 2230 EST, 28 JAN: 1654 broken TX!!  (Read 176889 times)
aesma

Activity: 2394
Merit: 918

fly or die

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:47:57 AM

Do you realize that your "potential earnings" and the troubles with fiat withdrawals are the same thing ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:15:59 PM

http://thegoxreport.com/

Thanks for the link (opet), I just found my "transaction" in there.

People can look under link - Address List
and - JSON Datafeed for bad transactions

just search your BTC address

Delerium's tool for MTGox failed TX's does not seem to be working

NB: I could not find mine earlier today, so if you do look and cannot find anything, check back later

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:14:38 PM

Guys, Good news BTC withdrawals are being resolved slowly but surely.
I just received 100 btc which was 7 days old. So have some patience, you'l receive yours eventually.

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
czzarr

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:38:51 PM

So I just tried to withdraw all my coins by breaking it down in 5-10btc withdrawals. Half of them went through, the other half didn't show up in the blockchain. It seems completely random. I hope I will see the other half soon enough. I'm happy I got at least half safe and sound now though. I think what they should do right now is stop withdrawals until the current backlog is cleared. This surely won't be a popular move when they announce it but will likely help tremendously. They need crisis management right now.
rikkejohn

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:59:35 PM

I just received 100 btc which was 7 days old. So have some patience, you'l receive yours eventually.

well it wouldn't be such good news if in 7 days when I receive them if the price has collapsed.

Gox has taken control of my assets and will not communicate with me. Thus, I can not control my property in an arena that is anything but stable.

I don't think "patience" in these circumstances is a virtue. 

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
Netprofits

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:51:14 PM

well it wouldn't be such good news if in 7 days when I receive them if the price has collapsed.

Gox has taken control of my assets and will not communicate with me. Thus, I can not control my property in an arena that is anything but stable.

I don't think "patience" in these circumstances is a virtue.  

This.  And the following:

Gox is closing in on 20,000 BTC stuck in 'bad TX'. This number was approximately 4,000 BTC on Saturday and 15,000 BTC only 24hrs ago. http://thegoxreport.com/
barbs

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:06:29 PM

just withdrew 6.25 BTC and nothing on the block chain for 2 hours now.
no name

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:32:01 PM

992 stuck transactions now, and growing.  

Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 08:14:33 PM

Gox probably has to wait for some suckers to make deposits before doing withdrawals.

This just screams "last stages of Ponzi scheme."
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:26:17 PM

Gox probably has to wait for some suckers to make deposits before doing withdrawals.

This is insane.

Since I moved to Bitstamp in June I have done a dozen btc withdrawals and they all took just minutes to be seen on the blockchain.

Gox is goxxing its customers like pigs on a spit.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:37:16 PM

The feds need to give Gox its money back

Hell NO!

I figure at this point that if I am ever to see my money, it'll probably be from the pool that the Feds appropriated.  Even that's a long-shot (but it doesn't help that I've not gotten around to filing some sort of claim.)

Nagski, do you have any actual useful pointers about filing a claim.  I'm planning to claim the value of 50 BTC at Coinbase rates, and this is well out of the range of small-claims.  The chances of getting my money even in the best of circumstances are so low that I don't think it's worth hiring legal help.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
lishbtc

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:28:22 PM

After trying for 6 months to get my fiat out, I decided enough was enough & converted the $7,000 or so I had stuck in Gox to BTC (at $200 over the going rate on other exchanges).

Now I can't even get at that BTC - withdrawal has been missing for about 7 days now.  No responses to tickets or any attempts to contact them.

To be frank, I hope this guy (Mark) goes to jail.  Shady business practices and terrible operational management for what was once seen as the defacto Bitcoin exchange just tarnish the image of Bitcoin (and sends a message to others that it's OK to operate businesses in the crypto-world like a 5 year old).  I won't shout Ponzi just yet, but I think we all see where this is heading.  If it does materialize that way, then yep lock him up.

Still hoping I get my money back, but Gox is a spent force - done for - still don't understand why people continue to deposit - but please do, your deposits will no doubt fund my BTC withdrawal if it ever comes through.

JMATTH33

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:47:25 PM

my thoughts exactly. Im waiting 84 hours now for 32 coins. If Gox has run out of Bitcoins will they buy more of another exchange to fight the fires, to keep this dying exchange's heart ticking? This assumes they have fiat.
fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:16:44 PM

Currently about 20000BTC are stuck in failed transactions from Gox, that nearly matches the remaining BTCleft on Mt. Gox askside.
[tinfoil hat on] Maybe they are already out of coins.[tinfoil hat off]

Look here about the missing withdrawls:

and the remaining asks on Gox
http://trading.i286.org/

BTW: The daily missing tx (18770)and the remaining(18870) match each other nearly exactly

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
HerrAndreas

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:41:17 PM

Currently about 20000BTC are stuck in failed transactions from Gox, that nearly matches the remaining BTCleft on Mt. Gox askside.
[tinfoil hat on] Maybe they are already out of coins.[tinfoil hat off]

Look here about the missing withdrawls:

and the remaining asks on Gox
http://trading.i286.org/

BTW: The daily missing tx (18770)and the remaining(18870) match each other nearly exactly

o fugg.

I am on that list too Sad

what now?

It is like the wild west in the movies, like russia in the 90ies.
It´s you, revolutionaries, scamers, gangsters, genuises, greedy soon-to-be loosers, billionares, and  big business at a global private party. It is bitcoin. http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/dont-panic/
btbrae

Activity: 680

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:12:41 AM

Ouch, some serious money is held up here. I thought my 30 BTC was a lot (5 days now...). 1100 BTC? Wow.
Trits

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:09:03 AM

Ouch, some serious money is held up here. I thought my 30 BTC was a lot (5 days now...). 1100 BTC? Wow.

I think he meant 1100$.

From the looks of the following website, which I guess every MtGox client whose transaction hasn't appeared on the blockchain yet has been closely monitoring (http://skanner.net/MtGox/mtgox_tx.php), one could make two comments:
-Big transactions (50-200BTC) have an estimated transaction size much bigger than small transactions (0.xxxBTC), although this prioritization only happened lately
-Transactions are slowly being processed (personally my transaction had a size of 956 on Mon.-Tues., now this value is getting smaller and smaller).

Here (http://thegoxreport.com/) you can see that the number of daily failed TXs have dropped by 300 (out of 1000+ transactions = 30% decrease) in the past hours.
opet (OP)

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:20:56 AM

I think he meant 1100$.

From the looks of the following website, which I guess every MtGox client whose transaction hasn't appeared on the blockchain yet has been closely monitoring (http://skanner.net/MtGox/mtgox_tx.php), one could make two comments:
-Big transactions (50-200BTC) have an estimated transaction size much bigger than small transactions (0.xxxBTC), although this prioritization only happened lately
-Transactions are slowly being processed (personally my transaction had a size of 956 on Mon.-Tues., now this value is getting smaller and smaller).

Here (http://thegoxreport.com/) you can see that the number of daily failed TXs have dropped by 300 (out of 1000+ transactions = 30% decrease) in the past hours.
actually, I think he did mean 1100 BTC.   Shocked

That said, the number of broken TX just DOUBLED in the last hour!!!!!!!  It was down to around 800, but has now jumped to 1700!  Things just got very VERY serious.

75% of my coin worth is currently stuck in limbo, and even their manual rebroadcast of my coins failed AGAIN early this morning.

get out the pitchforks, boys... we're about to go to war.

EDIT:  thegoxreport.com is broken, so the true count is no longer on Dizko's charts there.  You have to use skanner.net to see the current broken TX!
spanishfry

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:24:39 AM

This is the message I receive under Withdrawal Center, is this common?

Your account has been restricted from accessing funding options. Please contact support@mtgox.com for additional information on why your account has been restricted.
opet (OP)

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:27:58 AM

This is the message I receive under Withdrawal Center, is this common?

Your account has been restricted from accessing funding options. Please contact support@mtgox.com for additional information on why your account has been restricted.
I've never seen that.  Do you have a lot of coin or cash there?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: