Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:14:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Broken BTC Withdrawals on Gox -- 2230 EST, 28 JAN: 1654 broken TX!!  (Read 176886 times)
outsiders

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:11:51 PM

I just received my first batch of stuck coins back into my account, and the fee has also been credited

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vleroybrown

Activity: 1143
Merit: 506

This is who we are.

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:48:13 AM

Got the timeout message, sent withdrawal request in.. NOTHING. I now have a alarm setup to alert me if btc trade price is crashing.  Mtgox should have been put down after the first 2 times they caused a massive selloff in BTC.  No matter how this ends up with so many exchanges having troubles, btc price is going no where fast so why even bother with it.  Alts day is here and I will be ready.

i managed to withdraw few btc in last few hours, i would say 30% of requested
If you are having any success at all with withdrawals why are you soliciting a class action type legal action in another thread.  If I received a 3rd of my coin missing at MtGox every couple weeks I would be annoyed but not ready to sue.
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:03:50 AM

Got the timeout message, sent withdrawal request in.. NOTHING. I now have a alarm setup to alert me if btc trade price is crashing.  Mtgox should have been put down after the first 2 times they caused a massive selloff in BTC.  No matter how this ends up with so many exchanges having troubles, btc price is going no where fast so why even bother with it.  Alts day is here and I will be ready.

If you are having any success at all with withdrawals why are you soliciting a class action type legal action in another thread.  If I received a 3rd of my coin missing at MtGox every couple weeks I would be annoyed but not ready to sue.

you think all this shit and deception by Gox is worth covering up, then?

How cowardly.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:09:17 AM

You guys are lucky.  I had 0 of 8 withdrawals go through.

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
Bitnicity

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:12:24 AM

seems people are selling their coins in Gox which brought down the divergence(against other exchange) quite a bit over the past 6 hours, why they are selling coins, do they have a better change to cash out via fiat withdrawal? I think fiat still a worst option to cash out for most people.
vleroybrown

This is who we are.

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:19:53 AM

you think all this shit and deception by Gox is worth covering up, then?

How cowardly.

As far as publicity to this matter is concerned legal proceedings in japan surrounding an exchange that just a quick glance at the price there glaringly illustrates some serious matters not dealt with even after 3 months and certainly already mired down in criminal legal scrutiny from government's is as close to being a brave risk to the point of being disadvantaged.  A annoying delay for any of those funds was something anyone with $$$ at MtGox would have certainly already accepted.
bahamapascal

Activity: 695

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:16:33 AM

Status update: My Bitcoins got refundet to my account aver 7 days waiting....feels so good to have them back Smiley
vleroybrown

This is who we are.

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:18:45 AM

Status update: My Bitcoins got refundet to my account aver 7 days waiting....feels so good to have them back Smiley
Great mine were as well,  what you going to try to get the cash this time?  Smaller amount of BTC or legal tender and burn that motherfucker down.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:26:37 AM

I looked at a number of the failed transactions on skanner before the api facility was stopped and it seems a lot of withdrawal transactions had several inputs, but one of which had zero balance, an initial double-spend. For example. If customers A and B both try to withdraw BTC within a few seconds of each other their payments would share one input address in common with a balance to satisfy only one customer. Whichever gets propagated through the network first has a successful withdrawal, the other is silently ignored, languishing.

That would be better than the reality.  My stuck tx is a double spend, and the original was included in a block 10 days ago.

That is right MtGox tried to pay me with "coins" they already paid to a completely different customer over a week ago.
CoolStoryBro

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:40:03 AM

seems people are selling their coins in Gox which brought down the divergence(against other exchange) quite a bit over the past 6 hours, why they are selling coins, do they have a better change to cash out via fiat withdrawal? I think fiat still a worst option to cash out for most people.

Also wonder on this, i.e. why price on Gox dropped?
BCbitcoin

Activity: 54

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:22:20 AM

Also wonder on this, i.e. why price on Gox dropped?

Same pattern you often see with bitcoin trading. There was a large 3000 coin dump and then other people guess that that guy must know something and they just follow. Monkey see monkey do.
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:08:37 AM

I looked at a number of the failed transactions on skanner before the api facility was stopped and it seems a lot of withdrawal transactions had several inputs, but one of which had zero balance, an initial double-spend. For example. If customers A and B both try to withdraw BTC within a few seconds of each other their payments would share one input address in common with a balance to satisfy only one customer. Whichever gets propagated through the network first has a successful withdrawal, the other is silently ignored, languishing.

That would be better than the reality.  My stuck tx is a double spend, and the original was included in a block 10 days ago.

That is right MtGox tried to pay me with "coins" they already paid to a completely different customer over a week ago.

Indeed, what you are describing is worse and seems to rule out db race condition glitches. It is hard to believe that they are having a genuine software problem like this after functioning for nearly 4 years.

Elo

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:35:22 AM

It is hard to believe that they are having a genuine software problem like this after functioning for nearly 4 years.
A quick search reveals they've had these problems since ever (both duplicate spends and ignoring coinbase maturity).

It's possible that more people are mining to their MtGox addresses now, triggering the coinbase maturity problem.

It's possible also that the two problems are related (failed transactions lead to more failed transactions), and that the problem is exacerbated now that it has caught the public eye and everyone (including me) has rushed to withdraw their BTC.

That still doesn't help us if they lack the technical competence to solve this. Their inability to effect a fix is astounding.
Bitnicity

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:03:12 AM

My stuck coins returned today and I broke them into three separate withdrawals, guessed what? None got through, stuck again, the dice rolling wining rate now is 0%! what a beauty
Dusт

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:07:06 AM

I did 22 withdrawals and 0 got through, not even the 0.001 one.
Bitnicity

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:08:27 AM

I did 22 withdrawals and 0 got through, not even the 0.001 one.

they totally broken down, looking at the piling tx and withdrawal requests
cwfabc

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:49:09 PM

My god!what's wrong with gox?
belzebut

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:28:10 PM

Same problem!
Did 4 withdrawals and none got through.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:39:01 PM

Ah, this is part:

Following the arrest of BitInstant CEO, we believe it necessary to confirm and improve the information we hold on all customers using or having used BitInstant in the past. We understand that this request may create inconveniences but we believe that this is a necessary process to enforce MtGox policy not to tolerate any illegal usages of its platform.

please attach to this email the following documents in order to have your account unlocked

MrWr1TeR

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:43:32 PM

I tried to withdrawl 0.1BTC and it worked... Shocked Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: