Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:31:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Giveaway threads are not allowed  (Read 905007 times)
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 07:17:02 PM

I have been talking with the developer of MonetaryUnit ($MUE http://www.monetaryunit.org/launch/). He was banned for posting a giveaway directly in his currency's ANN thread, as you can read in his earlier post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434310.msg8152242#msg8152242

It looks as though the ten days' worth of ban time has long since elapsed.

I'd like to see an ANN thread for this coin, without inclusion of any giveaway obviously, appear again on BCT, for the further promotion and propagation of this coin and its community development. I've offered to post the MonetaryUnit ANN myself, but first I'd like a clear understanding of why the original developer's ban has continued, lest I become forum banned in my attempt to help.

Thanks for your time.
It require a lot of time and effort to do a good and righteous investigation, but I think it worth it.

Ok, you go ahead and do it then.
It require a lot of time and effort to do a good and righteous investigation, but I think it worth it.

In the end, personal opinions still affect the conclusion.

Hi Mods, can you please advise when/if my account Mue will be allowed to post again.
Yes, I am risking this account also getting banned, but I have had no reply to ban appeal emails sent over 31 days ago, no reply to PMs sent, nor has notsofast had a reply to his post quoted above.

Yes I made a complete mess of my ANN by including an in thread giveaway - I was a noob (my first and only coin), that first ANN was deleted and the account banned, I was given no reason why, so I created another account, MonetaryUnit, did the ANN again, this time with no in thread giveaway (as a user had suggested that was probably the reason), and again, this was banned, and again with no communication or feedback.

Am I a criminal genius evil mastermind trying to scam the community?  Clearly not.
I just want to help this coin grow, and this community is a vital part of that.

I think one of yours mods wrote something like "Moderation should be done in moderation" or something along those lines, so please, re-consider my ban and allow me to have my account Mue unbanned so I can continue to work on my MonetaryUnit project.

E-mail ban appeals also quoted below.

Many thanks

MUE account ban appeal
40@monetaryunit.org [40@monetaryunit.org]

Sent: Aug 2, 7:42 am
To: banappeals-w6pquw43@theymos.e4ward.com
Hi, I have obviously broken forum rules, and hoped you could let me know exactly what, so I can make sure not to make the same mistake again?

I am assuming it was because my ANN suggested posting wallet addresses for give-aways?
This was mentioned in a post to me by a user, and I did amend the ANN.

Yes, I understand ignorance is not an excuse, but would appreciate some feedback.

Many thanks

MUE

Account MonetaryUnit
40@monetaryunit.org [40@monetaryunit.org]

Sent: Aug 3, 3:01 am
To: banappeals-w6pquw43@theymos.e4ward.com
Hi please see below, this is a PM I have sent to Theymos.
Your feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks

The first occasion I included an in thread giveaway - granted, my error (This was my first ever ANN).
The second was several hours ago, and as suggested in in your thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434310.460
I made sure there was no in thread giveaway, users could go to an external site, or PM their wallet address.

I really want to contribute to this community, and without some feedback on where I am going wrong, it is very difficult for me to move forward.

I have now paid two IP unblocking fees, and had two accounts banned, which from a PR perspective, is not ideal for a coin launch.

I would really appreciate your input.

Many thanks

Link to what account you're talking about specifically please.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MUnit

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:00:37 PM

Hi the account in question is "Mue" profile u=348366

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=348366

If you could review the ban of that it would be really appreciated.

Thanks
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:58:58 PM

I don't understand this ordeal with Mue & see very clearly from this case that this forum has some serious issues that need to be resolved!

It is so fricken clear that this was an honest mistake and since the ban, this dev has acted professionally, honestly and has endured quite enough for his honest mistake.

I don't get with the number of member's this forum has, that Email requests, PMs and all other forms of contact to the moderators is largely ignored!  What is the point of moderating a forum that users cannot contact and GET RESPONSES to their inquiries?!  Your users should be treated better than this and we should ALL have the ability to send in inquiries and get responses.  The fact that this gentlemen has tried relentlessly to do right by these rules and has gotten nowhere in trying to communicate and resolve the issue, is just flat out wrong!
homm88

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

BTC/Doge

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 05:18:31 AM

Its good that giveaway threads are not allowed as it will give a very straight path to everyone regarding not to get distracted and always look for the free items.I would rather say that there should be some hire and jobs section where people can work and then earn instead of getting something for free.Its a bad habit for sure.
Mue

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

MonetaryUnit. For Me,yoU,Everybody.

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 09:52:15 AM

Thank you for taking the time to resolve this issue.

MonetaryUnit > Homepage **
as4406

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:07:09 AM

Most giveaway threads are no longer allowed in the Alternate cryptocurrencies sections. From now on, posting or replying to such threads could result in being banned. Existing threads will be locked.

Specifically, you are not allowed to give people any incentive to post insubstantial posts in your threads. You can't offer to pay people who post their addresses, usernames, etc. You can do giveaways off-site and link to the giveaway page in a thread, but you can't give people any bonus for replying to your thread.

Similar threads are already restricted to Games and Rounds in the non-altcoin sections, but the giveaway-related post volume is so high in the altcoin sections that I've decided to just ban them entirely here.

yeah, i think reply must be useful and entertaining, no rubbish.
12coins

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:06:36 PM

what about the  free distribution coins?  Huh
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 12:11:58 PM

There are many ways to handle that, that don't require posting in a thread.

12coins

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:31:27 PM

There are many ways to handle that, that don't require posting in a thread.

send a PM to the dev team ?or email to them?
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 12:44:09 PM

Yes, or set up something on their own website. If they want to link to bct profiles they can have them put a code in their profile in one of the empty fields, like aim/icq/skype.

beaver6

Activity: 63

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:39:29 AM

It's a good idea to ban free giveaway threads,otherwise garbage messages will flood this forum.

hsz

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:14:07 AM

It not a good idea! lots of people want giveawa .  It can let more people to join the  Alternate cryptocurrencies.
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:04:05 PM

It not a good idea! lots of people want giveawa .  It can let more people to join the  Alternate cryptocurrencies.

Nah bro its a good idea! lotta people dont want giveaway spam .  It can let more people find ease of minds even tho they r still pestered with Monero spam

~CfA~

Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 01:41:15 PM

Yeah that got out of hand pretty quick didn't it.
Apologies to all for my participation in such giveaways.

Here's to some intelligent discussion.

I second that emotion, it did get out of hand and I must admit greed overtook me at times.

Good call.

Are giveaways as part of an announcement-thread still allowed?

+1. Kudos to cameronjmcphail & RJX.  Cool

Good to see the giveaways go. Many of them were just attention-grabber anyways, rather than actually giving away coins.
Just look at the DogeCoin giveaway thread by FORKPOOL. It has 1228 posts and not even a few people have been paid.
Those are fake giveaways. I'm one of few who actually make giveaways.

So we have to prune them for good.  Roll Eyes
Also, a new subforum dedicated to the Giveaway threads seems sound to me.

Just my 2 satoshi!

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:27:45 PM

No, please not another thread, subforum.
thatguy42

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 04:30:29 AM

Yeah that got out of hand pretty quick didn't it.
Apologies to all for my participation in such giveaways.

Here's to some intelligent discussion.

I second that emotion, it did get out of hand and I must admit greed overtook me at times.

Good call.

Are giveaways as part of an announcement-thread still allowed?

https://i.imgur.com/sPmHsXl.jpg

+1. Kudos to cameronjmcphail & RJX.  Cool

Good to see the giveaways go. Many of them were just attention-grabber anyways, rather than actually giving away coins.
Just look at the DogeCoin giveaway thread by FORKPOOL. It has 1228 posts and not even a few people have been paid.
Those are fake giveaways. I'm one of few who actually make giveaways.

So we have to prune them for good.  Roll Eyes
Also, a new subforum dedicated to the Giveaway threads seems sound to me.

Just my 2 satoshi!

Do I understand correctly. Giveaways are not allowed, but raffles are allowed?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623884.msg8998577#msg8998577

Or Giveaways are allowed; if you charge a small amount?

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 08:09:42 PM

Send a PM to MMXIV on Bitcointalk or request an address on IRC in #MMXIV

We're just trying to control the spam resulting from people posting nonsense on the forums. He's doing it via pms or on their IRC channel, which is okay. 

ardeare

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:45:45 PM

Banning them is stupid. I need no one's advice on any coin. I want the free coins whenever possible. If I then choose to invest, I will. If there were a btc giveaway for following on twitter or whatever, this wouldn't even be an issue. This decision simply makes it harder for the little guy to market his coin, ideas, and business plans without needing tons of money. Now, this is just like the rest of the economy. 1% are again poised to make the rules. Pathetic.
Mue

Activity: 476

MonetaryUnit. For Me,yoU,Everybody.

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 11:11:35 AM

Send a PM to MMXIV on Bitcointalk or request an address on IRC in #MMXIV

We're just trying to control the spam resulting from people posting nonsense on the forums. He's doing it via pms or on their IRC channel, which is okay. 

Having made the mistake before, I just wanted to check what I am planning to do, will not result in a deleted thread, account ban etc

I am thinking of offering a "Miners lottery" once per week whereby miners using our NOMP pool will be selected at random, once per week (no specific day), and there will be a coin give-away to that one randomly selected miners wallet.

Is this allowed? (I don't "think" I am breaking any forum rules).
If so, what section should I post it in?  alt>Announcements, alt>mining

Can you please confirm?

Many thanks

Mue

MonetaryUnit > Homepage **
1echo

Activity: 280

scams hunter!

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:42:39 AM

most of those were scam anyways

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: