Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:08:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Real Time Charting, Order Book, and Time & Sales  (Read 85479 times)
g2x3k

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

PooL-X.eu

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 08:53:35 AM

havent been able to get a connection in over 24 hrs lol ... i started trying yesterday giving up now :/

shuldnt suprise me its mtgox data feed that sux but have you considered pulling from them and hosting own feed (mirroring) mtgox ? then you could have +5 connections pulling data off mtgox and secure a more stable feed yourself... atleast one you can connect to it, then there might be delay and period´s where mtgox feed crashes but wouldnt affect as much

http://PooL-X.eu/ join the crew, bring your slaves
http://wallet.it.cx/ Instant LTC Wallet service
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Clark (OP)

Activity: 548
Merit: 502

So much code.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 01:58:44 PM

havent been able to get a connection in over 24 hrs lol ... i started trying yesterday giving up now :/

shuldnt suprise me its mtgox data feed that sux but have you considered pulling from them and hosting own feed (mirroring) mtgox ? then you could have +5 connections pulling data off mtgox and secure a more stable feed yourself... atleast one you can connect to it, then there might be delay and period´s where mtgox feed crashes but wouldnt affect as much

If you read back through this thread, you will learn that I have been considering this option for a long time Smiley

I will be working on this challenge actively.

ErebusBat

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 02:52:03 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2012, 04:52:39 PM by ErebusBat

Is the chart broke for anyone else?

My feeds connect (CM+gox) so i am not sure what is up...  It was working yesterday.

img:http://puu.sh/Wv8K

EDIT:  Turned out to be a cookie issue, blanked them out and reloaded and all is good.

I think this is because sometimes on my macbook the scroll freaks the chart out.... is there an easy way to reset the chart without killing cookies Clark?

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 05:57:55 PM

What is this:

I have seen it a couple of times now.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
Clark (OP)

So much code.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 07:08:47 PM

What is this:

I have seen it a couple of times now.

That, my friend, is a bug that has been fixed as of now.

(You must have been refreshing the page a lot to have seen that multiple times...)

ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 11:02:01 PM

Yesterday.. probably

Today... I didn't think so.. but honestly I had my 2yo so I was a little distracted Tongue

zhalox

Activity: 176
Merit: 106

XMR = BTC in 2010. Rise chikun.

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 02:40:19 AM

I noticed a new bug today.  For a long time now, I have been using the "Group by price" option, set to 0.01, and today, the "Selling" (Ask) column is broken - it is no longer lined up side by side with the "Buying" (Bid) column, but has been shifted to the bottom, right after the last bid in the list.  The page is now twice as long.  Also, there is another annoying bug that displays "sells" as buys in the bottom console.  That bug has been going for weeks Sad  I will donate 1 BTC if you can fix these in the next 24 hours, just send me a PM when it's done  Wink

Clark (OP)

So much code.

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 11:26:11 PM

I noticed a new bug today.  For a long time now, I have been using the "Group by price" option, set to 0.01, and today, the "Selling" (Ask) column is broken - it is no longer lined up side by side with the "Buying" (Bid) column, but has been shifted to the bottom, right after the last bid in the list.  The page is now twice as long.  Also, there is another annoying bug that displays "sells" as buys in the bottom console.  That bug has been going for weeks Sad  I will donate 1 BTC if you can fix these in the next 24 hours, just send me a PM when it's done  Wink

Both of these issues are now fixed.

pauljr8

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 04:25:03 PM

I was making an observation only, not assessing blame. Just found it strange that MtGox ( and by extension clarkmoody) is unable to provide data when people want it most. Like Now.
genuise

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 05:03:54 PM

I was making an observation only, not assessing blame. Just found it strange that MtGox ( and by extension clarkmoody) is unable to provide data when people want it most. Like Now.

I think you may take a different free market view point and ask if service is cheap (zero price) what will be the demand for it?
And you can see that currently 600+ users are connected. Potentiall this demand is unlimited.

You want the service but 600+ users more want it too. So the this is scared resource, and who will decide how it have to be shared among all 600+ users and you?

The solution for this problem is known for a long time, free market. Non zero price for the service will greatly reduce load on the server, and growing demand will provide means to response with more server power for this demand. Or if only a few will pay then there is no real (backed by money) demand for the service.

So knowing all this would you complaine more or pay?

ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 05:16:31 PM

I think you may take a different free market view point and ask if service is cheap (zero price) what will be the demand for it?
And you can see that currently 600+ users are connected. Potentiall this demand is unlimited.

You want the service but 600+ users more want it too. So the this is scared resource, and who will decide how it have to be shared among all 600+ users and you?

The solution for this problem is known for a long time, free market. Non zero price for the service will greatly reduce load on the server, and growing demand will provide means to response with more server power for this demand. Or if only a few will pay then there is no real (backed by money) demand for the service.

So knowing all this would you complaine more or pay?

After the money that CM made me this weekend I will be donating (as soon as I know exactly *how* much).  That being said:

It is my understanding the it is the underlying GOX feed and NOT CM that is the problem.  If that is indeed true then a premium offering would only offer the same level of service with more pissed people.

I could be wrong.

Clark (OP)

So much code.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 05:40:44 PM

It is my understanding the it is the underlying GOX feed and NOT CM that is the problem.  If that is indeed true then a premium offering would only offer the same level of service with more pissed people.

I could be wrong.

I am working on a solution to provide the real time data for my site from my server (with a back-end connection to Gox). This should reduce the Gox streaming load by ~600 clients (as of now), and it will make the site reliability my responsibility.

This will still be a free service, but with much better reliability (hopefully  Smiley).

However, I am also working hard on a premium offering (RTBTC) that will be much better than the free data site. As always, stay tuned!

genuise

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 05:45:40 PM

I could be wrong.

I am working on a solution to provide the real time data for my site from my server (with a back-end connection to Gox). This should reduce the Gox streaming load by ~600 clients (as of now), and it will make the site reliability my responsibility.

This will still be a free service, but with much better reliability (hopefully  Smiley).

However, I am also working hard on a premium offering (RTBTC) that will be much better than the free data site. As always, stay tuned!

hi, I like what you are doing. very intrigueing. any details or ETA?

Alphonso Bedoya

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 06:32:33 PM

Clark, just want to say thanks for the chart service, communication, and ongoing efforts to the website.  A glitch now and then is to be expected, if you are counting on mtgox (we've all been burned by them one way or another), so I am looking forward to the above mentioned improvements. I have donated in the past and will again.
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 07:12:47 PM

Interesting:

Clark (OP)

So much code.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 07:28:50 PM

Interesting:

Yeah, something just changed with MtGox. I've updated the code to explore what that is, exactly. It turns out that the socket.io frame looks like

Code:
4::/mtgox:{"op":"error","error":"command failed","suggest":"retry"}

This is heretofore undocumented for the streaming API. I have added a message parsing case for processing the "error" op-code. So the console will display "command failed" for this message.

Funny thing is, the connection is open and doing the heartbeat packets, but the streaming data is not coming down.

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 07:30:05 PM

Mtgoxlive has the same problem by the way. They get the summary, but then no live data stream shows up.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:13:33 PM

Seems like you got it to work again or did MtGox roll back their change?
Clark (OP)

So much code.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 11:15:10 PM

Seems like you got it to work again or did MtGox roll back their change?

MtGox rolled back the change.

ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:15:40 PM

Do we know what they were trying to do?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: