Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:35:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 [480] 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining  (Read 914091 times)
cisengineer

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:39:58 PM

Someone dumped $700 worth and someone else bought it in 24 hours on the #2 exchange. Time for all the investors to start dreaming of $millions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
miningpoolhub
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1006

Mining Pool Hub

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 04:41:16 PM

Mining Pool Hub

Just opened multi algo pool + auto exchange feature!

Mine the most profitable coin and auto exchange to Maxcoin

Why do I have to mine other coin?

1. You'll get more Maxcoin!
    By mining the most profitable coin, it means you get more BTC, and you will get more Maxcoin!

2. It will make current Maxcoin miners more profitable!
   Your hash goes to other alt coin, and current miners will get more Maxcoin because Net hash decreases.

3. Auto exchange makes "buy order" in the market!
   It increases price. Now, mining can affect trading world.

4. Auto exchange makes independent to Bitcoin.
   To make altcoin environment survive, we need real alternate coin which can match with Bitcoin.
   Auto exchange can encourage altcoin environment more healthy, discourages people who just mining the most profitable coin and receiving by Bitcoin. Yes, it destroys all altcoins.

If you think Maxcoin is good and you want to investigate in it by mining, this is the smartest way to investigate.

Come and join us.
We opened this feature today, don't have much hash on multi pool but come and give us power.

You know, we have been running Maxcoin pool for a long time.
Our pool can grow up if you come!

http://miningpoolhub.com

Mining Pool Hub - https://miningpoolhub.com
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:55:10 AM

Mining Pool Hub

Just opened multi algo pool + auto exchange feature!

Mine the most profitable coin and auto exchange to Maxcoin

Why do I have to mine other coin?

1. You'll get more Maxcoin!
    By mining the most profitable coin, it means you get more BTC, and you will get more Maxcoin!

2. It will make current Maxcoin miners more profitable!
   Your hash goes to other alt coin, and current miners will get more Maxcoin because Net hash decreases.

3. Auto exchange makes "buy order" in the market!
   It increases price. Now, mining can affect trading world.

4. Auto exchange makes independent to Bitcoin.
   To make altcoin environment survive, we need real alternate coin which can match with Bitcoin.
   Auto exchange can encourage altcoin environment more healthy, discourages people who just mining the most profitable coin and receiving by Bitcoin. Yes, it destroys all altcoins.

If you think Maxcoin is good and you want to investigate in it by mining, this is the smartest way to investigate.

Come and join us.
We opened this feature today, don't have much hash on multi pool but come and give us power.

You know, we have been running Maxcoin pool for a long time.
Our pool can grow up if you come!

http://miningpoolhub.com

Does Sherlock Holmes also prefer Maxcoin?
MAXcoin_Believer

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:50:15 PM

To the people claiming that there is no development taking place, are you living under a rock? Or do you just choose to ignore everything that doesn't confirm your bias?

http://media.coindesk.com/2014/07/Screen-Shot-2014-07-20-at-11.25.28-AM.png

BitXATM are launching 1,000 ATMs in the US, all of which will be capable of transacting in MaxCoin. They will also have PoS devices for point of sale purchases. How many other altcoins can make that claim?

Maxcoin also has raised $100,000 in crowdfunding to create a physical silver MaxCoin. The demand seen for this was huge which shows how much support there is from community to fund worthwhile projects.

MaxCoin will also be accepted on StartJOIN in the coming weeks for the purpose of making pledges towards crowdfunding projects. StartJOIN is the only serious crowdfunding platform embracing cryptocurrency, and is aiming to be a large player in the crowdfunding market. This gives maxcoin a unique use case. StartCOIN was created specifically to incentivise use of the platform, and is in no way a competitive threat to MaxCoin in this regard. The two currencies complement each other, and there will at some point be a market to exchange maxcoin and startcoin.

MaxCoin has also been adopted onto the NXT multigateway decentralised exchange. Yes, that's right. A decentralised bitcoin:maxcoin exchange! How many other alts are talking endlessly about this but getting nowhere? The maxcoin devs don't just talk, they act... and get things done.

In addition to that, the TXTCoinsNow project will enable payments in maxcoin without the need for a computer, a smartphone or even an internet connection. This project aims to bring max to the unbanked people of the world who do not have the privilege of owning expensive computing hardware. All that is needed is any regular phone to send and receive payments in maxcoin.

There is also a project underway to create an FPGA for mining maxcoin. This project has raised almost $20,000 in funding to date and already has the hardware ready to go as soon as the VHDL programming is complete, and we have a working SHA3 implementation interfaced with cgminer.

We also have paper wallets, QR codes, a working minikey format, deterministic wallets, an ad-free faucet that pays out more in Satoshi value than any other faucet. Work is underway on an android wallet, and our web wallet is about 80% completed. A port of bitcoin-abe is also in progress. There's an active community on maxchat.info and maxtalk.org who are dedicated to making the coin a success, and a community bounty program will soon be launched in a free market based attempt to develop the infrastructure of the coin.

The devs also acted quickly to patch an exploit of the Kimoto Gravity well retargeting algorithm that was used to successfully attack auroracoin, making maxcoin the first safe KGW coin. We take blockchain security very seriously. And despite a prolonged period of a single mining pool controlling over 51% of the market, no 51% attacks were attempted and now the mining community have addressed the issue such that no single entity controls a dominant share of the network hashrate.

The dev team are also in talks with major silver bullion dealer in the UK to discuss the possibility of backing the currency with silver. This is a long way off, but reveals the fact that the team are serious about the long term success of the project.

These points merely scratch the surface of the development work that is currently taking place, so how anyone could try to honestly claim that no development is being done is beyond me. You are either being dishonest in your criticisms or else you are being wilfully blinded by your own biases.

Some of the comments in this thread are actually laughable. And some of you wonder why the MaxCoin devs have no time for this forum? What is the point of trying to convince bitcoin evangelicals who don't want to be convinced anyway? It's a waste of time and energy, and time will prove you wrong anyway. Enjoy the schadenfreude while it lasts, because MaxCoin will have the last laugh...

Very good post, so I thought I would bump it.

Also.  For anyone who thinks that Max Keiser is an a$$hole, you are probably right.  But remember Max Keiser has approximately 20 million viewers on RT for Keiser Report.  A lot of those people will watch the show because they DO like him.  What other altcoin has a PR agent as big as Max Keiser?  He was the reason why a lot of people got into Bitcoin in the first place.  Most people I mention Bitcoin to haven't heard of it but of the ones that have, they usually attribute it to Max Keiser or bring his name into the conversation.  He seems to be big in the UK.

If you think about it there are probably thousands of people out of the 20 million that hang off his every word, who are not financially savvy, but believe what he says because he says it louder than the next guy.  Some of these people will see the success of Bitcoin and want a piece of the action.  There could already be 1 million Maxcoins soaked up by people who wont sell until the price is in the $10's or $100's.  Might never happen, but for all intents and purposes those coins are hoovered off the market.  Max hasn't even give the big buy signal yet, when he does all hell could break loose.  Remember he has the inside scoop, he has the capital and he has the publicity.  Whatever he says can become reality!

This coin was not pre-mined, so..... if Max himself wants a piece of the action then why would he pay 10,000's 100,000's or even 1,000,000's of satoshis per coin when he can suck them up at a fraction of the cost by just pretending to release news at a given date/time and then not releasing it?  Or even better, announce another coin.  Max worked on wall street for many years.  He has participated in many pump and dumps.  He knows how to make value disappear and how to make it rise.  And most importantly he knows how to increase his position/holdings.  What do you think he is doing?

Guys.  I want the price to go lower too so that I can grab some more at a bargain price.  Dollar cost averaging is a bad idea for all altcoins because you will lose in the end.  Not this one.  I believe Max is positioning himself to make a killing, of course he cant announce that or the price wont keep going lower for him to accumulate more.  Yes, I'm putting a lot of faith in this coin but from reading between the lines I think I could be right, and I for one don't want to miss this bus!  I believe in you Max Keiser (even though I might not like you)  Tongue Tongue Tongue

piyany

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:47:38 PM

Also.  For anyone who thinks that Max Keiser is an a$$hole, you are probably right.  But remember Max Keiser has approximately 20 million viewers on RT for Keiser Report.  A lot of those people will watch the show because they DO like him.  What other altcoin has a PR agent as big as Max Keiser?  He was the reason why a lot of people got into Bitcoin in the first place.  Most people I mention Bitcoin to haven't heard of it but of the ones that have, they usually attribute it to Max Keiser or bring his name into the conversation.  He seems to be big in the UK.

Yeah, those people buy bitcoin. Why should they dump bitcoin for other coin named after this douchebag and started by college students with little to none experience? A coin with inflation that cannot be possibly sustained.

If you think about it there are probably thousands of people out of the 20 million that hang off his every word, who are not financially savvy, but believe what he says because he says it louder than the next guy.  Some of these people will see the success of Bitcoin and want a piece of the action.  There could already be 1 million Maxcoins soaked up by people who wont sell until the price is in the $10's or $100's.  Might never happen, but for all intents and purposes those coins are hoovered off the market.  Max hasn't even give the big buy signal yet, when he does all hell could break loose.  Remember he has the inside scoop, he has the capital and he has the publicity.  Whatever he says can become reality!

I imagine those people checking on their investment everyday. Financially savvy or not, they see they have been f*cked in the ass by a pump and dump. People are not that patient as you think, especially when they see that bitcoin goes up. And they were told to dump it for some shit coin!  Grin So those people are heavy bagholders wanting to unload, trapped in shit.

A buy signal? He's been cheerleading for months tweeting some bullshit that never panned out. Blitz of announcements for june was the greatest. Nothing really happened except starting another failed coin. Or his buy signals like about the price bottom and target for the pumps. He missed them all, probably does not care too much.

This coin was not pre-mined, so..... if Max himself wants a piece of the action then why would he pay 10,000's 100,000's or even 1,000,000's of satoshis per coin when he can suck them up at a fraction of the cost by just pretending to release news at a given date/time and then not releasing it?  Or even better, announce another coin.  Max worked on wall street for many years.  He has participated in many pump and dumps.  He knows how to make value disappear and how to make it rise.  And most importantly he knows how to increase his position/holdings.  What do you think he is doing?

This coin is a pump and dump. It's been going for months. People who do not notice this deserve to lose money. Sorry dude, no big pump for you, this is constant downtrend.

Guys.  I want the price to go lower too so that I can grab some more at a bargain price.  Dollar cost averaging is a bad idea for all altcoins because you will lose in the end.  Not this one.  I believe Max is positioning himself to make a killing, of course he cant announce that or the price wont keep going lower for him to accumulate more.  Yes, I'm putting a lot of faith in this coin but from reading between the lines I think I could be right, and I for one don't want to miss this bus!  I believe in you Max Keiser (even though I might not like you)  Tongue Tongue Tongue

He is making a killing or the whales who dumped on people. Lots max was sold at higher prices so it was a good dump. Must have been good dumping on all those losers that watch his show and think they can get rich by buying some altcoin with inflation and greedy whales.

And about developers. I did not say they are doing nothing around the coin but compared to other coins this is just another clone, better in nothing that bitcoin with much less security and inflation without buy support.

You might rethink your position. You do not want to get burned. The coin did not reach bottom yet. I don't care.
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:53:28 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2014, 08:12:16 PM by Alphi

also that picture from BitxAtM is a mockup..

from their own website the terminals:

Can accept payments in any crypto-currency
Can accept payments in any FIAT currency

What digital currencies can be accepted for POS purchases?
Owner of the BTM can freely decide which currencies will be accepted for purchases and/or sold for FIAT money.

https://www.bitxatm.com/faqs/

there is nothing saying that they are working with Maxcoin specifically so nobody can claim this is a Maxcoin development. by the same logic I could just as easily claim that this news is a huge development for Dogecoin or Karpeles coin lol.

as for StartJoin.. Max claimed that they would use Maxcoin initially, but then he sold out on his own investors and launched Startcoin to be used on StartJoin.. now startcoin is failing I'm not surprised that he might re-consider using Max on there now.. a bit late though since Max has already burned his followers and the price has collapsed even further.

meanwhile trade volume has been drying up... the real threat to Maxcoin isn't criticism or lack of development, it is de-listing from exchanges.
at this very critical time for altcoins de-listing means death.

m_murphy is just a shameless pumper like Max Kaiser. Next he will be claiming that the long awaited stability fund will finally be launched..

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:48:37 PM

Maxcoin has No features.

Maxcoin has No community

Maxcoin has No adoption

Maxcoin has No working developers/development team

Maxcoin has No exchange support/buyers, having been delisted from most of the exchanges it was previously on because of having No buyers, but tons of sellers which = no trading going on.

This coin is only a pump and dump by Max Keiser(who abandoned this coin to go and make Startcoin/Startjoin), there has been No development on this coin at all, and there is no development team working on this coin.

Maxcoin is dead and has been for a long time.
BainbridgeJ

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:10:51 PM

A lot of what is being said at the moment, in this thread, is actually symptomatic of the whole altcoin world in general. I have mentioned this before, elsewhere: I believe  Andreas Antonopolous got it right when he said that 2014 is Bitcoin's year and that the altcoins should forget it for now - their time will come later. While I too have certain reservations about Maxcoin, I wouldn't count it out just yet. Like many, I was disappointed with the launch and have seen my initial holding dwindle over the months. All I would say is give Max Keiser and Maxcoin the benefit of the doubt for now (if any!). I would suggest that this time next year would be a better time to judge whether Maxcoin has failed, or not.
patryk.adamski

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:08:01 PM

Thank you!!!

Hi all,

We would like to inform you about adding MAX/BTC market on modern exchange AskCoin.Net:

https://askcoin.net/images/askcoin-net_02.png

Make sure to follow us on Twitter,

AskCoin.Net Team
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:01:15 AM

A lot of what is being said at the moment, in this thread, is actually symptomatic of the whole altcoin world in general. I have mentioned this before, elsewhere: I believe  Andreas Antonopolous got it right when he said that 2014 is Bitcoin's year and that the altcoins should forget it for now - their time will come later. While I too have certain reservations about Maxcoin, I wouldn't count it out just yet. Like many, I was disappointed with the launch and have seen my initial holding dwindle over the months. All I would say is give Max Keiser and Maxcoin the benefit of the doubt for now (if any!). I would suggest that this time next year would be a better time to judge whether Maxcoin has failed, or not.
I will be quite surprised if this coin managed to limp along until this time next year.  Virtually no buy volume and seems likely to be moved to secondary max/ltc market on cryptsy relatively soon imho.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:00:34 AM

To the people claiming that there is no development taking place, are you living under a rock? Or do you just choose to ignore everything that doesn't confirm your bias?

BitXATM are launching 1,000 ATMs in the US, all of which will be capable of transacting in MaxCoin. They will also have PoS devices for point of sale purchases. How many other altcoins can make that claim?

Maxcoin also has raised $100,000 in crowdfunding to create a physical silver MaxCoin. The demand seen for this was huge which shows how much support there is from community to fund worthwhile projects.

MaxCoin will also be accepted on StartJOIN in the coming weeks for the purpose of making pledges towards crowdfunding projects. StartJOIN is the only serious crowdfunding platform embracing cryptocurrency, and is aiming to be a large player in the crowdfunding market. This gives maxcoin a unique use case. StartCOIN was created specifically to incentivise use of the platform, and is in no way a competitive threat to MaxCoin in this regard. The two currencies complement each other, and there will at some point be a market to exchange maxcoin and startcoin.

MaxCoin has also been adopted onto the NXT multigateway decentralised exchange. Yes, that's right. A decentralised bitcoin:maxcoin exchange! How many other alts are talking endlessly about this but getting nowhere? The maxcoin devs don't just talk, they act... and get things done.

In addition to that, the TXTCoinsNow project will enable payments in maxcoin without the need for a computer, a smartphone or even an internet connection. This project aims to bring max to the unbanked people of the world who do not have the privilege of owning expensive computing hardware. All that is needed is any regular phone to send and receive payments in maxcoin.

There is also a project underway to create an FPGA for mining maxcoin. This project has raised almost $20,000 in funding to date and already has the hardware ready to go as soon as the VHDL programming is complete, and we have a working SHA3 implementation interfaced with cgminer.

We also have paper wallets, QR codes, a working minikey format, deterministic wallets, an ad-free faucet that pays out more in Satoshi value than any other faucet. Work is underway on an android wallet, and our web wallet is about 80% completed. A port of bitcoin-abe is also in progress. There's an active community on maxchat.info and maxtalk.org who are dedicated to making the coin a success, and a community bounty program will soon be launched in a free market based attempt to develop the infrastructure of the coin.

The devs also acted quickly to patch an exploit of the Kimoto Gravity well retargeting algorithm that was used to successfully attack auroracoin, making maxcoin the first safe KGW coin. We take blockchain security very seriously. And despite a prolonged period of a single mining pool controlling over 51% of the market, no 51% attacks were attempted and now the mining community have addressed the issue such that no single entity controls a dominant share of the network hashrate.

The dev team are also in talks with major silver bullion dealer in the UK to discuss the possibility of backing the currency with silver. This is a long way off, but reveals the fact that the team are serious about the long term success of the project.

These points merely scratch the surface of the development work that is currently taking place, so how anyone could try to honestly claim that no development is being done is beyond me. You are either being dishonest in your criticisms or else you are being wilfully blinded by your own biases.

Some of the comments in this thread are actually laughable. And some of you wonder why the MaxCoin devs have no time for this forum? What is the point of trying to convince bitcoin evangelicals who don't want to be convinced anyway? It's a waste of time and energy, and time will prove you wrong anyway. Enjoy the schadenfreude while it lasts, because MaxCoin will have the last laugh...

Very good post, so I thought I would bump it.

Also.  For anyone who thinks that Max Keiser is an a$$hole, you are probably right.  But remember Max Keiser has approximately 20 million viewers on RT for Keiser Report.  A lot of those people will watch the show because they DO like him.  What other altcoin has a PR agent as big as Max Keiser?  He was the reason why a lot of people got into Bitcoin in the first place.  Most people I mention Bitcoin to haven't heard of it but of the ones that have, they usually attribute it to Max Keiser or bring his name into the conversation.  He seems to be big in the UK.

If you think about it there are probably thousands of people out of the 20 million that hang off his every word, who are not financially savvy, but believe what he says because he says it louder than the next guy.  Some of these people will see the success of Bitcoin and want a piece of the action.  There could already be 1 million Maxcoins soaked up by people who wont sell until the price is in the $10's or $100's.  Might never happen, but for all intents and purposes those coins are hoovered off the market.  Max hasn't even give the big buy signal yet, when he does all hell could break loose.  Remember he has the inside scoop, he has the capital and he has the publicity.  Whatever he says can become reality!

This coin was not pre-mined, so..... if Max himself wants a piece of the action then why would he pay 10,000's 100,000's or even 1,000,000's of satoshis per coin when he can suck them up at a fraction of the cost by just pretending to release news at a given date/time and then not releasing it?  Or even better, announce another coin.  Max worked on wall street for many years.  He has participated in many pump and dumps.  He knows how to make value disappear and how to make it rise.  And most importantly he knows how to increase his position/holdings.  What do you think he is doing?

Guys.  I want the price to go lower too so that I can grab some more at a bargain price.  Dollar cost averaging is a bad idea for all altcoins because you will lose in the end.  Not this one.  I believe Max is positioning himself to make a killing, of course he cant announce that or the price wont keep going lower for him to accumulate more.  Yes, I'm putting a lot of faith in this coin but from reading between the lines I think I could be right, and I for one don't want to miss this bus!  I believe in you Max Keiser (even though I might not like you)  Tongue Tongue Tongue

this is powerful, it also does look good, very Star Trek
LTCMAXMYR

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

DMD,XZC

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:42:22 AM

Die again,MAX died 100 times ,still dying,but who cares,

Never buy any ICO altcoin.
Never buy any ASIC altcoin.
Tyke
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1162

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 10:34:14 AM

Die again,MAX died 100 times ,still dying,but who cares,

A coin doesn't die if its price per BTC goes down.  Try to view the decrease in price as a great opportunity to buy more coins before the next upswing Tongue
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:32:48 AM

Maxcoin has No features.

Maxcoin has No community

Maxcoin has No adoption

Maxcoin has No exchange support/buyers, having been delisted from most of the exchanges it was previously on because of having No buyers, but tons of sellers which = no trading going on.

This coin is only a pump and dump by Max Keiser(who abandoned this coin to go and make Startcoin/Startjoin), there has been No development on this coin at all, and there is no development team working on this coin.

Doesn't get any more honest than this.  This coin will be dead by the middle of 2015 at the latest now I'm guessing.  Looking for my exit position on these puppies.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:07:24 PM

Maxcoin has No features.

Maxcoin has No community

Maxcoin has No adoption

Doesn't get any more honest than this.  This coin will be dead by the middle of 2015 at the latest now I'm guessing.  Looking for my exit position on these puppies.
Maxcoin was the first popular SHA3 coin, it provided development in this area as a first-gen blockchain. It also clumsily had a very aggressive block retargeting model. These were rather fresh features at the time.

There are 600 reddit users on the subreddit and a few thousands on maxtalk (90% of the users on the forum are bots)

There were over 50000 nodes at launch, not sure how many are present now, bitcoin has 7000 now, in no way a measure of success.

The admins at maxtalk posted this list of working projects: http://www.maxtalk.org/index.php?topic=227.0

Macoin was recently added to bittrex (the opposite of delisting).

Max Keiser has no integrity, he bailed out on his old allegiance once when he quit Wall Street, what's to blame here?

I'm not a great fan of Maxcoin but similar hundreds of other altcoins had the same fate. More people try to make services based on new coins instead of reusing existing coins for some reason. And they mostly fail, adding to the graveyard.

If you consider the current price as a measure of success, it is only a reflection of the network use and security cost. If you want to have a better price, make maxcoin more useful or increase it's security.
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:36:00 PM

Maxcoin was the first popular SHA3 coin, it provided development in this area as a first-gen blockchain. It also clumsily had a very aggressive block retargeting model. These were rather fresh features at the time.

ahem... Quark, Darkcoin and all the other mutli algo coins that came before Max had already implemented Keccak (Sha-3)

using the term Sha-3 was just a marketing gimmick to make it sound like the next generation in cryptography and nothing more.

also the block chain of most coins including Maxcoin are still secured by SHA256 hashes, it is only the Proof of Work Algorithm that uses a different algo.. so there is nothing new about Maxcoins block-chain implementation.

all maxcoin ever was, was lies and gimmicks.. when they get some real development and innovation (not just label changes) then the price will improve.. until then it will continue to slide.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 09:30:39 AM

So are there any active devs in this coin right now it has it Been abandoned?

I just can't believe max keiser would pump this coin to over $2 just to dump it on thousands of people who trusted him.  That makes him worse than the Banksters he likes to mock.  Sad!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:47:31 AM

Maxcoin has No features.

Maxcoin has No community

Maxcoin has No adoption

There are 600 reddit users on the subreddit and a few thousands on maxtalk (90% of the users on the forum are bots)

There were over 50000 nodes at launch, not sure how many are present now, bitcoin has 7000 now, in no way a measure of success.

The admins at maxtalk posted this list of working projects: http://www.maxtalk.org/index.php?topic=227.0

Macoin was recently added to bittrex (the opposite of delisting).

Max Keiser has no integrity, he bailed out on his old allegiance once when he quit Wall Street, what's to blame here?

I'm not a great fan of Maxcoin but similar hundreds of other altcoins had the same fate. More people try to make services based on new coins instead of reusing existing coins for some reason. And they mostly fail, adding to the graveyard.

If you consider the current price as a measure of success, it is only a reflection of the network use and security cost. If you want to have a better price, make maxcoin more useful or increase it's security.

Maxtalk....579 Posts in 120 Topics by 68245 Members. Latest Member: ljdwefdsyrozfe
479 post , even if we consider only 1000 users it's extremely low.

600 Reddit users means nothing especially with only 1 online right now.
I don't even want to go and compare it to other coins. Blackcoin has 6x times more.
Doge... no comment.

I'm alsmot willing to bet that there are no more than 100 active nodes fox maxcoin.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 09:50:23 AM

What about max Keiser, did he dump his entire free stash?  Does anyone know if he still owns or is maybe buying his coins back?  That would tell us a lot of anyone knows for sure.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
MAXcoin_Believer

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:23:55 AM

Can someone please explain to me how Max Keiser could have acquired enough maxcoin to make a pump and dump profitable?  He would have to buy them, no?  Its just that Maxcoin was not premined, there were no "free coins" for anyone.  Maybe you are thinking about startcoin, which by the way seems to be used to fund projects on StartJoin that benefit MaxCoin.

I haven't seen any Pump, none, just a slow downward trend.  So who is making money?  It could only be the miners!  I doubt Max has massive mining rigs churning out Maxcoin for him when he could buy them very cheap on its way down to 5,000 sats, 4,000, 3,000 etc...  Max Keiser was claiming to be a bitcoin millionaire when the price was below $100 per BTC, so he has at least 10,000 BTC.  It could be much more, and he was already a multi millionaire long before that.  He easily has the finances to buy millions of Maxcoin and drive the price up.  He can easily place huge support orders in to hold the price high at the same time he releases news and talks about it to drive the price even higher.

Why would Max want to pump and then dump for silly amounts of money?  Look at the volume, look at the price. Duh?  Do you think someone with millions will spend hours trying to make a few hundred $ at most?  Or does he see this as his opportunity to make bitcoin #2, only this time he has a huge piece of the pie.

Many people think that being a millionaire would be enough to make them happy.  Most millionaires are not happy with their financial situation until they have more, then more, then more!  Max Keiser will most likely be aiming for the billionaire status club!

For those who don't believe that Max Keiser has the power to push a CryptoCurrency higher, just look at the announcement he made on the Keiser Report that he sees the interim price of Litecoin going to $50, days later it rocketed.  He announced it, he probably pumped it and he probably dumped it.  But why not pump and dump a coin that you don't care that much about?  He is much more tied into the development of Maxcoin (making it marketable) that any other cryptocurrency he has mentioned before.  He has direct communication with the dev, he has connections in high places (political, financial, celebrity etc..).  He controls the news for MaxCoin, he has the capital to push it, his name is on it, he probably owns boatloads of MaxCoin.  Why pump and dump when you can make it a real competitor in the crypto world by giving it perminant value and living off the initial investment?

If you were Max Keiser, what would you do?  Ignore it?  Pump it?  Dump it?...  Or would you quietly collect massive amounts of something that you can make valuable by simply going on TV and going blah, blah, blah?

You know what?  All these people who say they don't care, actually care enough to come on here in the first place and spend 15 minutes trolling on legitimate posts.  You are either an idiot or you are accumulating maxcoins for yourself while creating FUD so that honest investors lose their maxcoins to you!  For everyone else, If you believe in MaxCoin then price is irrelevant right now.  If you believe in it then accumulate as many as you are happy with while you still can.  Don't listen to the FUD because the people spreading it will be nowhere to be seen because of their embarrassment, while we are rolling in cash! Smiley

Good luck all!
Pages: « 1 ... 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 [480] 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: