Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:19:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 [526] 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining  (Read 914093 times)
kelly153

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 07:25:25 PM

The new website is now live: http://maxcoin.org.uk/

Very very good news!
Easteregg69

Activity: 1448
Merit: 264

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 08:34:44 PM

Just deleted the majority of my messages ... going to be redundant and a waste of time anyway ...
Need to focus on other things that are more important ...
L8r

Well done! I am proud of you!

Let's promote Maxcoin in a positive way!

Wow, I just read all 109 of your posts.

I see you bounced like a naked chicken on a hot stove waiting to get plucked ... like everybody else, chasing after the cryptocurrency for money to pay your writers and run your servers; you want to call me shameful, and an idiot?
Really ... all of these ... BTC, LTC, Terracoins, Bytecoins, PPC, Peercoin, Feathercoin, Dogecoin, Devcoin, DVC, iXcoin, Primecoin, Worldcoin ...

And quotes for those not paying attention:

“If I had BTC I was feeling rich”

“I like to play to the lottery.”

“I hope to win!”

"SatoshiBet Bitcoin Poker"

“It is better to find some work and earn the minimum wage.”

“I told it to my dog. Is that good advertising?”

“I don't like dogecoins, my dogs do. So I do maybe”

“I paid already for hosting and domain name. Now I need more coins.”

“Just profit.”

“Wow, i think BoschiCoin is going to the moon: soon over $5.”  Really ... BoschiCoin!?!?

“https://twitter.com/Economyforums/status/440843754849959936” Another dead link?!?

"Get free maxcoins for writing at this brand new forum."

“When Maxcoin value goes to 100$, your investment = 100,000$.”

So, promoting the dream ... yet, out of 109 posts, you ask for donations more than your promote or ask people to buy Maxcoins, once by the way that was obvious out of 109 ... while on the other end, you give free Maxcoins away ... unbelievable ... how on earth can the investment grow, if you're given them away?!?

See, you fail to understand, that when you pay somebody in Maxcoins, they will sell the Maxcoins on the market for fiat, or, convert to some other cryptos ... whatever gets them the best dollar to pay rent, food, or otherwise - be realistic ... as, I'm sure you've learned how costly the servers can be ...

Oh yeah, let's use one of your quotes from your site ...
"The sellers are people who have actually acquired the coin somehow and think selling is in their best interest at the time."

That drives the price down by the way!!!  That's why YOU NEVER GIVE THEM AWAY.

I see that your Economic Forums is about anything and everything, not specific to one purpose, Maxcoins or cryptocurrency, and often negative, negative, negative.

So, I guess you understand why miners, traders, sellers and everybody needs income, or profit ... and once again, the more you sell the coins, the more the price goes down.  Well, that wasn't me, thank you very much ... I held hard!!! And, i even invested!

So, donating to YOUR cause, IS NOT on my list!!!  Because even on your site, when I typed Maxcoin in the search engine, it came up empty.
And, the negative articles that I did read ... wasn't worth my time ...

So, why don't you mine the coins, and pay your writers yourself ... you would get more satisfaction out of hard labour and a minimum wage and understand how hard those coins are to mine, when the difficulty level goes up, and you have equipment and bills to pay for.

And you wonder why the price of Maxcoin went down ... really?!?

I didn't sell out ... so, it wasn't me who drove the price down ... and I had a great job thank you, I don't have to have BTC to feel rich.
And I already got my friends to invest thousands in it over the years ... and where did that money go ... sure as hell, not to the moon!
Now, when the price does go up ... they will sell, sell, sell, to get their money back ... and what do you think will happen to the price when that happens?

So, since you recommended it, rather than make donations, I sold the coins on the market, to help other people earn profit ... who will, eventually sell.
And I'll keep the remaining for a safe haven ... for, what was it, $100 per Maxcoin?!?

Well, I don't need Maxcoin to drive my Audi A6, I have an education ... clearly, you're still wishing for it ...

And that's why I don't donate ... I want to know where the money goes, and why?  I read a few of your articles, and it's just news to me that I get everywhere else.

I'll tell you what, I will write articles for you, and will request that you pay me 50,000 Maxcoins per article, at 2000 sats, when the time convenes me.
That's worth about a day's wages to me.  Is that a good price for you ?!? and should the price go down to 1000 sats, then it will be 100,000 Maxcoins.  Is that ok?

Then, I will sell the Maxcoins on the market for something else ... something in my best interest at the time ... is that what you said?
Or, give the Maxcoins to my friends who lost these past 3 years ...

God, do you seriously hear yourself talk?!?

And to even consider, I reacted to your words calling me an idiot ... I will admit though, felt kinda good feeling like a teenager for a moment ... never had a chance because I was too busy getting an education ... to earn $1,500 an hour ... and live the dream rather than wish for it ... hoping that rich people buy the coin to make me rich without working for it ... is nothing more than a pipe dream ...

What a bloody @$$ pop tart ...

Calling me shameful Idiot ...

Absolutely 100% reflected, now that I know what you're all about ...

How about you go and fuck yourself?

Throw some "shit" and see what sticks.
sylph93

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:13:41 AM

Very very good news!

Wow, how nice new web site is!

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
BookerT

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:54:48 AM

Very very good news!

Wow, how nice new web site is!

Send some love and appreciation, Donate some Max to the dev: mJhoFcGzGYiKRR8A7ZW5mTG5oHZ3jmmGXQ
https://twitter.com/maxcoinbiz
FlungSpun

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:27:02 PM

*** looks for ignore button ***

This user is currently ignored.

Now PLEASE nobody quote him
rsa

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 02:58:26 PM

God, here's is why Maxcoin gets no respect and needs direction, so, I'm here to help ...
How about the next line,
"Maxcoin has NO dedicated, skilled, and NO cognizant foundation team."
And if you're going to be consistent, at least use the same logo between sites.  A logo does not take 48 hours.
And I don't know who this dude is ...
https://twitter.com/getmaxcoin/status/878272649889296384
But, if he didn't realize what he did; he showed his order to SELL, SELL, SELL, SELL, SELL, at 9300,9400,9500,14000,1300 sats respectively.

Initially I thought @FourToes was here only to spread FUD, but I think I'm wrong. 

Maxcoin currently has good volume but I guess it has less investors.  Maxcoin could attract investors (not the core traders) only by taking care of some minor things like remove duplicate website, remove confusing wordings from website, improve social media campaign, a road map and attempt to list $MAX in one more popular exchange.

$MAX is one such coin which was not pumped enough as others.  Along with this and the fact it has an active DEV, $MAX can go up or above $1 before end of third quarter, this year.  Good luck.
Viscera

Activity: 660
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 10:47:54 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2017, 11:04:46 PM by Viscera

God, here's is why Maxcoin gets no respect and needs direction, so, I'm here to help ...

On the site, https://www.maxcoin.co.uk/

"Instantly send money to anyone for free."
Well, that is wrong, I averaged transaction fees of 0.0081 Maxcoins for 23 transactions; there is a cost involved with transaction fees; as much as it is really really low, there is still a fee; the best in the business, much better than Bitcoin, in fact Bitcoin has fees as high as $4+ dollars, for reference, where Maxcoins have fees 1/25 of a penny.
So, if anything, it should read;
"Instantly send Maxcoins to anyone for an incredibly low fee."  Using "money" as the key word on the front page, yet, we are trying to beat the banksters remember - irony at its best.

Again:
"Maxcoin is one of the most secure crypto currencies around, firstly because it's open source and secondly, it's based on next generation encryption, SHA3."
Come on, have you guys not been paying attention?
Should read:
"The Winner of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), SHA-3, a.k.a "Keccak", is used in Maxcoin, the faster next generation cryptocurrency."

"Maxcoin is completely community driven."  Well, that scares me ...

How about the next line,
"Maxcoin has NO dedicated, skilled, and NO cognizant foundation team."
No "cognizant" foundation team ... are you serious ... so, we don't have a "knowledgeable" foundation team.  Someone less educated than me would be scared to understand what that means, not understanding the difference between a foundation, an organisation, a support group or community.
Man, if I was a new chap to this site, I would ask, "Why on earth are you gloating about not having any dedicated, skilled or "knowledgeable" team.  WTF???
So, any slap happy finger typing fool on a keyboard can make changes to the protocol???

Thanks for pointing out some important mistakes in the basic understanding of how the fees work. I understand why you suggest that not having a dev team means anyone can make changes but this is wildly off base. Not having a dev team does NOT mean any slap happy finger typing fool can make changes, BUT, not having miners means that despite your reasoning being off base, your concern is still valid, just not for the reasons you suggest.

Here's what worries me far more than not having a dev team

A: Coinwarz has a warning on there MAX page that states "Warning: Maxcoin is no longer being monitored as of 5/24/2017"

B: Coinwarz list MAX status as "Unhealthy"

C: I've just loaded up a fresh copy of the wallet from the "new" https://www.maxcoin.co.uk/ and maxcoin.org.uk and despite running them (they appear to be identical) for a full 12 hours the wallets failed to find any peers.

D: If bagholders have coins they can't sell because they can't get a wallet to sync (I've failed a few times since late 2015) then it would be easy to manipulate the price as there are fewer coins available.

E: Max Keiser should be viewed very suspiciously for talking up MAX without addressing any of these points

Also worth pointing out that an active dev team SHOULD be involved in mining the coin either directly or indirectly.

And I don't know who this dude is ...
https://twitter.com/getmaxcoin/status/878272649889296384
But, if he didn't realize what he did; he showed his order to SELL, SELL, SELL, SELL, SELL, at 9300,9400,9500,14000,1300 sats respectively.
Once again, proving that Maxcoiners are ready to offload their wallets.

Dude, at least put a nice picture up to show your buying, whether it goes thru or not ...
Seriously, do you guys honestly understand what a guy like me sees when I read this stuff ... I've got money to invest, but, you numb nuts keep showing stuff that only destroys yourselves by not even understanding what you're doing ...

Come on, quit dangling your Donkey Balls without direction, for crying out loud.
I don't have a twitter account, so, could someone at least teach this dude English, since it is, the internet's language; contradicting yourself throughout the front page needs to be improved ...

Man ...

Also this tweet is hilarious as he actually seems to be claiming that the 33 votes in his poll represent the "community" lmfao

The rest of what's been said just makes me think there are some people in the world who just love to be dicks... sad to say it but if you tell someone to buy something that you really want to sell, that just makes you a salesman.

That's why I'm convinced that's all Max Keiser is... are good salesman. Not a guru, not a god, not a dev, not to be trusted and not a friend... JUST a salesman, nothing more.

t@rget

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 09:15:48 PM

Ok, so I found my old screenshots ...

By 6:41 am on the 7th of February, there were 1361 blocks mined, at 96 per block = 130,656 mined Maxcoins BEFORE the wide release at 2 pm that afternoon.
By 9:31 am on the 7th of February, there were 1710 blocks mined, at 96 per block = 164,160.

At the time, Maxcoins were mined 96/30 seconds ... making 11,520 Maxcoins per hour (remember, the total was 250 million in the beginning).
Retroactively extrapolating, they started mining at around 7 pm the previous night, on the 6th, BEFORE the massive release at 2 pm the following afternoon on the 7th.

By 2 pm on the actual release date, the 7th, there were approximately 216,000 Maxcoins already mined.
When they hit $4 ... that's $864,000 in less than 24 hours of mining ...

So, realistically, tell me, what would you do with that much profit in 24 hours ... would you sell?
So, as much as Max Keiser promoted Maxcoin, there were clearly many more people with other motives involved ... who clearly offloaded when they could.

Do you think the coin is going to recover and that we should not sell it?
strannik951159

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

📌[ANN]📌👍👍👍

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 02:14:24 AM

What a fool puts the speed on the pool 200 GH/s , reducing all the profits from the coin

📌[ANN]📌👍👍👍 VEGACOIN 👍👍👍 Pow/PoS Tribus Algorithm - Instamine Prevention
kelly153

Activity: 157

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 12:34:18 PM

Every cryptocurrency is speculative ... I can't make decisions nor recommendations for you ... I know what I'm doing with my position; and that, is relative to each person.

How do we get more developers who help to create an exchange, more pools, seed nodes and an explorer?
Easteregg69

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:58:01 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2017, 02:53:50 AM by Easteregg69

What a fool puts the speed on the pool 200 GH/s , reducing all the profits from the coin

Somebody with a lot of graphics-cards.

"reducing all the profits from the coin". Please explain.

PS: I have done some math. I guess the guy you are looking for have exactly 458,7155963302752 GTX 980's. Each one running at 0.436 GH/s.

PPS: And hashrate went up to 231,530,447 KH/s. Are we fiddling with afterburner here ? ;-)
PPPS: Estimated daily output falls as the hours go and hashrate (and difficulty) goes up. So the dance probably stops unless this maniac makes graphics cards, electricity and housing out of thin air. Only way out of this mess is price is going up.

The volume is being added to yobit as i see it here (China was on 99% half an hour ago. Now they are on 98.97%):
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/maxcoin/#markets

And,
"Circulating Supply
54,442,678 MAX"

That number does not change for some reason..

Easteregg69

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 06:34:58 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2017, 07:02:49 AM by Easteregg69

You are late. That's it.

Check ufocoin.(UFO). You can make 30.000 (Correction, or at least 20000+) coins in 24 hours with a "reference GPU". In this case. Guess ? GTX 980. The more coins the more fun. Play money.

Wait a week and somebody may have mined the sh*t out the ufo too.

Even smarter. Buy some. Often there's a better deal to be found there.

If you want to sell some ufo's down the road. Look here for market:
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ufo-coin/#markets

FlungSpun

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 09:09:14 AM

Somebody with a lot of graphics-cards.

"reducing all the profits from the coin". Please explain.

PS: I have done some math. I guess the guy you are looking for have exactly 458,7155963302752 GTX 980's. Each one running at 0.436 GH/s.

PPS: And hashrate went up to 231,530,447 KH/s. Are we fiddling with afterburner here ? ;-)
PPPS: Estimated daily output falls as the hours go and hashrate (and difficulty) goes up. So the dance probably stops unless this maniac makes graphics cards, electricity and housing out of thin air. Only way out of this mess is price is going up.

The volume is being added to yobit as i see it here (China was on 99% half an hour ago. Now they are on 98.97%):
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/maxcoin/#markets

And,
"Circulating Supply
54,442,678 MAX"

That number does not change for some reason..

Guess that miner might be moving the rigs over to something else now!
.. upside ... finally some volume on youbit
saLve88

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 09:40:30 AM

Yobit - this is a joke???
http://prntscr.com/fr01yx
saLve88

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 09:44:44 AM

Support for 300 satosh Huh
What nonsense ...
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 09:47:05 AM

I don't understand what is  SHA-3.
Perhaps what you mean is this is the SHA-3 family, winning a 5-year long competition to create a successor or an alternative to SHA-2 (Bitcoin uses SHA-256, a member of this SHA-2 family). You can read more about the SHA-3 family in relation to Bitcoin in the Bitcoin Wiki under Future Hash and you can read more about the hashing algorithm Keccak here. You pronounce Keccak like "Ketchup".
FlungSpun

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 10:21:05 AM

Yobit - this is a joke???
http://prntscr.com/fr01yx

Arrrgh  You beat me to posting that, hilarious!

Buy high sell low at it's finest.

Still those 368 sat trades are mine... so thanks for the profit whoever you were.
erm while I have your ear, you sold ~27k but left  53.82919159 in the order ... offer is still good Smiley
Jaerin

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 02:25:56 PM

Especially now that there are Multi-algo pools that have auto-exchange.   Those pools might speculate a bit on the back end, but mostly they are dumping everything mined right on the markets.

Miningpoolhub allows Maxcoin mining, but doesn't have auto-exchange enabled to Yobit...yet.   It's only a matter of time

That's likely why a coin like Digibyte is being tanked over time.  Super easy to mine and all the coins just getting dumped at market prices for instant conversion to BTC.
Jaerin

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 03:54:59 PM

Well the reboot should never have been public until things were ready to go.  I mean all the links pointing to the same supposed "fakenews" site for the first week.  No one in control with any vision.  Being added to Yobit without any news to go with it just means that things were going to get dumped.

Here we are a couple weeks in and still nothing.  If you want to hype a coin you need to make sure the rollout is smooth and planned well.  Not all janky and half assed like this has been.  I thankfully had nothing invested in it besides the few coins I happened to mine up on Miningpoolhub.  That's the only reason I saw this post in the first place and I was looking for a place to dump the crapcoins that I accidentally mined that weren't auto-exchanged.

I don't know that this is peak bubble, but it sure seems like the idea of mining coins is going down with great abandon.  People are starting to wake up to the energy costs associated with mining and how much of a "waste" it is to have GPU's and CPU's chugging away calculating meaningless hashes.  Not to mention the looming question of quantum computing around the corner that could throw a monkey wrench in almost all current crypto based on difficult to solve math problems.  The second a computer comes online that can crack this stuff in seconds means that it all becomes worthless, even if they never actually use it for that purpose.

I wouldn't feel guilty one bit for taking your profits.  No one is required to show allegiance to anything and certainly shouldn't be shamed into thinking they should be.  Everyone makes their own choices and loyalty is a luxury not a necessity.  When Maxcoin shows some purpose other than an investment vehicle for draining people's wallets then maybe it will go somewhere.  At this point it is just another place to store some value and not a very stable or safe one at that.
FlungSpun

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 04:28:07 PM

Well the reboot should never have been public until things were ready to go.  I mean all the links pointing to the same supposed "fakenews" site for the first week.  No one in control with any vision.  Being added to Yobit without any news to go with it just means that things were going to get dumped.

Here we are a couple weeks in and still nothing.  If you want to hype a coin you need to make sure the rollout is smooth and planned well.  Not all janky and half assed like this has been.  I thankfully had nothing invested in it besides the few coins I happened to mine up on Miningpoolhub.  That's the only reason I saw this post in the first place and I was looking for a place to dump the crapcoins that I accidentally mined that weren't auto-exchanged.

I don't know that this is peak bubble, but it sure seems like the idea of mining coins is going down with great abandon.  People are starting to wake up to the energy costs associated with mining and how much of a "waste" it is to have GPU's and CPU's chugging away calculating meaningless hashes.  Not to mention the looming question of quantum computing around the corner that could throw a monkey wrench in almost all current crypto based on difficult to solve math problems.  The second a computer comes online that can crack this stuff in seconds means that it all becomes worthless, even if they never actually use it for that purpose.

I wouldn't feel guilty one bit for taking your profits.  No one is required to show allegiance to anything and certainly shouldn't be shamed into thinking they should be.  Everyone makes their own choices and loyalty is a luxury not a necessity.  When Maxcoin shows some purpose other than an investment vehicle for draining people's wallets then maybe it will go somewhere.  At this point it is just another place to store some value and not a very stable or safe one at that.
This guy ^^
Well said
Solid logic

Obviously came on holiday to the maxcoin thread by mistake.
Pages: « 1 ... 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 [526] 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: