Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:07:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency wallets: Can they be hacked??  (Read 4044 times)
bocah cilik

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:22:09 PM

Yes, of course it can happen, everything can be hacked, there is no perfect security, hackers always have many ways to hack other people's wallets. Everything depends on what you do and how you store and use your wallet.
As a user, you have a private key that you must take care of carefully and carefully when using it.
All you need to do is think before you click or use a private key when entering a website. (You might be caught in their trap if not careful)
Not giving anyone a private key because maybe the contents of your wallet can be drained out of it.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
muddy waters

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:07:31 PM

I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?
Technically, these wallets cannot be hacked the user compromises his personal info (private key, phone number linked to email, additional email used for restoring the password of the main email, etc.).
If you followed all the precautions to protect your credentials, you may sleep with a peaceful mind and not worry about your funds.

Uyiosarugue1

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 10:10:25 PM

There is always some form of disclaimer notice or some terms of use to most wallet, we may not really know until a hacker or some smart dude if able to point out some vulnerability. As a general rule, anything that is online to hackable, it may not be easy to achieve
Uyiosarugue1

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 10:13:29 PM

You can hack anything that is connected with computers.
My point too, not just cryptocurrencies wallets, what is usually the crux is that the resources to achieve such hack may not be readily available to most hackers
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:45:36 PM

To all thinking that it is impossible to hack their super-protected cryptocurrency wallet:

Obviously, as I have stated in my earlier post, the weakest link in crypto protection is the human element.
LOL, but it is true, that should be a lesson to all of us even if you take great care of your coins it is irrelevant if people know that you holding them, sometimes the best way to protect yourself is to just not tell anybody that your holding cryptocurrencies that way thieves have not a reason to try to look for your private keys when they are stealing stuff from you.
belimblink

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:06:19 PM

Yes, I think the cryptocurrency wallet is very likely to be hacked. I'm not talking about certain wallets, but it's about how the security is done by the wallet holder.

Hackers will use every means to hack your wallet, no matter how good the security services offered by a wallet, it will eventually be hacked if the owner does not really maintain security properly.
Birin016

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:52:37 PM

I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?

Yes they can be hacked because they are also in digital form like your social media account that requires your email and password or a certain private key. Once these information got leaked or exposed by a hacker, then it's the end of the road of your crypto assets already.
Baggong

Activity: 247

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 12:07:55 AM

All things can happen, even we often hear stories that many cases of people who lose coins even though they keep it off line wallet, I think hackers always use every means to steal so there is never a safe thing.
Caubethamaner

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 02:07:42 AM

No matter how advanced our technology is, we can't still deny the fact that cryptocurrency wallets are also hackable. Preferably on flash drives. And more important not to lose them.
amwer

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:53:37 AM

If the machine has no internet access then the internet has no access to it, including hackers. This protects the private key from being stolen by remote hackers. Without the private key, hackers can’t sign fake transactions. If they can’t sign fake transactions, then it will be rejected by miners.
diabolo

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:41:21 AM

Yes, of course. All wallets can be hacked, no matter how safe your wallet is, if you don't use it carefully it can happen. So you have to be careful, to keep the private key as good as possible, don't let anyone know except ourselves. Hackers have many ideas and ways to hack a wallet.
hulla

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:10:49 PM

Yes for sure , wallet can be hacked. Technologies right now is very amazing that we all know it can bring good and bad to us.Like everyones wallet even how much you tried to take care of it theres a possible thing that it will be hacked.All we need to do is think before you click or dont trust anyone coz you might end caught in their trap.
Yes I agree with you. It can be hacked because it is only program. But if you really taking goid care if it then it will be safe to use.
I disagree with what you said about crypto wallet been hacked because every wallet that you're holder of it private is a secure wallet and it cant be hack but only if avoid some silly human error which could lead to the exposing the wallet information. In addition, this why people are advice to use metamask, updated wallet version, antivirus and personal computer etc

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
wahyu wida

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:21:09 PM

Yes for sure , wallet can be hacked. Technologies right now is very amazing that we all know it can bring good and bad to us.Like everyones wallet even how much you tried to take care of it theres a possible thing that it will be hacked.All we need to do is think before you click or dont trust anyone coz you might end caught in their trap.
Yes I agree with you. It can be hacked because it is only program. But if you really taking goid care if it then it will be safe to use.
there are many ways from hackers to find our gap. but as a user we can anticipate it with caution on suspicious webs, so that we don't get carried away to their games, which ultimately results in fatal
Xisunheber

Activity: 71

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:16:38 AM

We can't deny the fact that anything inside the internet is hackable so we must be responsible for our wallets because hackers and scammers are too wise to hack our earnings which might ruin our crypto life.
randyboy

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:56:41 AM

Its possible if those owners of wallets are careless like in myetherwaller many of newbie users participate in bounties they give their private key just like like that in other wallets if you are irresponsible you will loss a lot of money and you do not get anything.
Ezenwanyi1
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

Veil

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 09:33:04 AM

Yes.  Cryptocurrency wallets can be hacked.
As a matter of fact,  cryptocurrency wallets are the main target of hackers in recent times.
One needs to be apply caution in clicking some links.
Red Fire

Activity: 189
Merit: 28

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 04:06:20 PM

Well, all of the things on internet can be hacked as well as cryptocurrency. All we need to do, is to protect our very own wallet, create a strong password, and don't share your wallet to anyone. that's all.
liennhung345323

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 04:14:48 PM

Everything related to the Internet can be harmed by hackers, vius. Everything, if you visit a fake website and provide some information, I'm sure your computer will be hacked, your ETH, NEO, BTC wallets might be hit. Immediately.
Dofotonomo

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:03:06 AM

I know a person whose wallet got hacked and she was really devastated. I don't know how it happen, my friend too he's wallet got hacked, he though all is well but when he see his wallet he lost everything through phishing site. It happen if you really don't have any double security measure for your wallet.
katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:29:26 AM

Yes ,cryptocurrency wallets can be hacked even the almighty etheruem wallet/website get hacked all the time.
The easiest way to get hacked is clicking on every link that comes your way.
We need to be very cautious of our wallets so as to avoid being hacked.
hackers now are very smart, they can developt their technique to attack site security.even we have multy layer security, they still able to break and steal our balance.

No one is safe from the internet, especially if you are a well known person or you are involve in a money trading investment. People will always find a way to know or steal some information regarding on what or who you are, for them to use it against you. E-wallet is not safe from people who are like that, especially if it is lacking of security. Unlike physical wallets, e-wallets are not tangible, simply, they're digitized. In order to access them, you must access it through digital or simply with the use of computer. Computers of today are very prone to hackers, especially if it is lacking of security. So be aware of the sites you are accessing, you might dive in a trap that will cause you everything.
As long as you use the genuine wallets then you will never see any trouble in your life regarding this issue of hacking or being hacked. You should always remember that you have to keep your privacy secure as you are in precious source and your coins will be safer as long as you do not share your password or other information related to your wallet. On the other hand if you become careless in handling your wallet then you should not enter in the circle of precious investments.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: