Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:50:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why have a bunch of the eMunie founders + familiar faces disappeared from eMu?  (Read 8061 times)
mr_random (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:13:22 PM

Any ideas?

@  Fuserleer         ok, the whole mrv, billo, eid, whoever else stuff needs to stop, because Im losing my patience over how much of my time its soaking up dealing with these guys
@  Fuserleer   :   (07:02 PM - 01/29/14)I nor anyone else knows the reason these guys quit out, the best me and other founders can come up with is paranoid chinese whispers that have escalated
@  Fuserleer   :   (07:03 PM - 01/29/14)NONE of the members that left raised any concerns with me, and Im not going to continue sweeping up the mess they made due to not having the conviction to explain in detail why
@  Fuserleer   :   (07:03 PM - 01/29/14)I have tried to run this place as lose as possible, believe me, and Ive let a LOT of shit slide but for the next few days Im tightening ship

Several topics about Fuses righthand man Visin have been maden on the emunie forum and swiftly deleted. I feel he is somewhat involved?

Any news?
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mr_random (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:47:47 PM

Bump.
Emule

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:34:27 PM

I am not so stupid after all.

Emunie ltd. Or the total capitulation with the governments and laws, the complete surrender. (ripple all over) centralized as hell with only one dictator CEO Dan Hughes.

Like I said they should ban fusseleer for life. He lied from day one more than a year now to dedicated helpers and beta testers that were by his side day in day out, now he stabbing them a knife in the back by solely listing emunie as a company, no need to say all the consequences that come with that.

Dan Hughes in his eyes everyone and everything that don’t share his opinion is retarded looking down on average people, arrogance itself.
I hope for all them who dedicated one year of their life to test and help developing emunie that Hughes gets what he deserves (karma is a bitch you know).

edit: and yes they are censoring the forum and delete messages. they hack accounts and accountnames to use them in their advantage.

NWO

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:23:06 PM

This sounds like a disaster.
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:54:19 AM

I am not so stupid after all. now let's not get carried away...

they hack accounts and accountnames to use them in their advantage.

this is just plain bullshit and you know it

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
Disastrus

Activity: 145

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:58:50 AM

because they are emo's
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:23:47 AM

The project had good intentions throughout its life.  The problem is that its was isolated from the public.  The culture around it was not completely open and did not accept contributions.  It was too tightly controlled (like Etherium).  They ignored the community until launch.  Over time the community changed, old members disappeared and new members surfaced that did not know what eMunie was.  The only knowledge they have of eMunie was the announcements when eMunie was ready to launch.  But the result was a negative response. 

It was a matter of developers being active and communicate constantly of they get forgotten.
Emule

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:02:15 AM

ouch buthurted billo, did they kick you in the bals, do you have to shut up or can you still vent your hot air in "the corner" Wink

Yes they do and you know it. You are even part of it.

They deleted criticism from founders and deleted whole section of the forum.

They have even placed the whole founder board in quarantine just to control the posts.

Visin controls and ows the forum!

There is some kind of chat box where things get settled between visin and hughes(these two are the real founders toghetter with the sockpuppet account of the economist).

And if you keep pushing saying I am a liar I will post evidence and names and will post some things you posted!

I have evidence the whole community if you can call it that is controlled, censored and centralized by Visin and Huges.

I will also post some conversation on how Hughes think about BTT people and his own followers (he think you all are retards)

A company is a company and has to obey all laws of the state where it resides, in this case the UK.

If Hughes wishes to handle any sort of market, exchange, money you name it, he has to obey the bank regulations, and I can assure you hughes won’t pay 3M € to do that.

I know they will try to sell it to you as “decentralized” but you have to be a complete retarded moron not to see it is centralized as hell and there is no way back.

So if you invest in this software without purpose you better know what you are doing, we have paypal, visa, mastercard, we have ripple.
cosmofly

Activity: 532

PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:16:56 AM

The reason they quit is that they realized that they cannot make 1000x returns with eMunie, the way the system is designed unfortunately only gives u like 5x-10x Max in the first 1 year. That is bullshit for someone taking risk and being an early adopter. You can get the same 5x-10x return investing in countless clone altcoins.

eMunie is doomed to fail because it doesn't give incentive to early investors.

billotronic
Legendary

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:43:47 PM

ouch buthurted billo, did they kick you in the bals, do you have to shut up or can you still vent your hot air in "the corner" Wink

They have even placed the whole founder board in quarantine just to control the posts.

There is some kind of chat box where things get settled between visin and hughes(these two are the real founders toghetter with the sockpuppet account of the economist).

And if you keep pushing saying I am a liar I will post evidence and names and will post some things you posted!

I have evidence the whole community if you can call it that is controlled, censored and centralized by Visin and Huges.

I will also post some conversation on how Hughes think about BTT people and his own followers (he think you all are retards)

A company is a company and has to obey all laws of the state where it resides, in this case the UK.

If Hughes wishes to handle any sort of market, exchange, money you name it, he has to obey the bank regulations, and I can assure you hughes won’t pay 3M € to do that.

I know they will try to sell it to you as “decentralized” but you have to be a complete retarded moron not to see it is centralized as hell and there is no way back.

So if you invest in this software without purpose you better know what you are doing, we have paypal, visa, mastercard, we have ripple.

muhahahaha knuckle dragger, I am no longer a soldier so I can verbally rape you all day long with the fuck stick of justice!

I would still like to point out that

A: you are still a fucking moron

B: all that gibberish you just posted has nothing to do with 'account' hacking claim... forum moderation is not the same by a fucking long shot.

lol why the fuck am I even posting this? fucking trolls.

Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 02:42:19 PM

Let loose billo, let loose!

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
Peachy

Activity: 179

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 02:51:12 PM

muhahahaha knuckle dragger, I am no longer a soldier so I can verbally rape you all day long with the fuck stick of justice!

B: all that gibberish you just posted has nothing to do with 'account' hacking claim... forum moderation is not the same by a fucking long shot.

Billo,
I know we have our differences, but I just felt overwhelmingly compelled to tell you that "I really miss you, man!".  Seriously, I've never once met someone on this planet who possesses your rapier wit for cutting to the chase of the discussion. 

"...fuck stick of justice!"

Still crying tears of laughter.  LOL
Priceless!

RADiX (formerly eMunie): The future of money
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:07:58 PM

A lot of people and early members of bitcoin talk left and dissapeared and no one gave a shit. Why should anyone give a shit if some members left emunie forums? This discussion is baseless, the project is moving forward and the open beta is starting, see it for yourselves.

DryPowder

Activity: 144

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:03:51 PM

lol Grin

Keep Your Powder Dry
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:42:47 PM

I wanted to follow eMunie project, Had an account on beta testing section but not accepting login
issued password reset multiple times but no confirmation sent  Smiley

eid

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:49:37 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 12:12:17 PM by eid

Any ideas?

@  Fuserleer         ok, the whole mrv, billo, eid, whoever else stuff needs to stop, because Im losing my patience over how much of my time its soaking up dealing with these guys
@  Fuserleer   :   (07:02 PM - 01/29/14)I nor anyone else knows the reason these guys quit out, the best me and other founders can come up with is paranoid chinese whispers that have escalated
@  Fuserleer   :   (07:03 PM - 01/29/14)NONE of the members that left raised any concerns with me, and Im not going to continue sweeping up the mess they made due to not having the conviction to explain in detail why
@  Fuserleer   :   (07:03 PM - 01/29/14)I have tried to run this place as lose as possible, believe me, and Ive let a LOT of shit slide but for the next few days Im tightening ship

Several topics about Fuses righthand man Visin have been maden on the emunie forum and swiftly deleted. I feel he is somewhat involved?

Any news?

This is a pack of lies. After seeing Visins and others attempts to destroy the reputation of the people who left, I made my reasons very clear indeed to everyone in the shoutbox, Fuserleer included. He knows well there were no "paranoid whispers" going round and that each of these people decided to leave individually and mostly without consulting eachother.

The day before the above quote, Fuserleer banned my emunie forum account for showing everyone the duplicitous character of his business partner Visin in this post:

https://db.tt/6XzrEJfq

They've been deleting threads like this all over.

As for the reasons themselves, they were mainly a difference between what I had been told emunie stood for, and what reality showed it to be.
I also have grave doubts about whether the model will work, and these questions have still not been answered satisfactorily.

If I had any doubts before about these people, the way they've behaved since I left has strongly confirmed them.
Visin

Activity: 436

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:07:00 PM

bored

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:14:23 PM

I'm so confused hehe it's really hard to keep up with eMu FUD.  I'm totally fine with Emunie legal entity soon or later there will be a government regulations on cryptographic currencies and only a few like Ripple, Ethereum and Emunie will survive (my opinion)
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 01:09:09 PM

I love this shit .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
mrvegad

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:40:08 PM

Pretty much what eid said goes for me as well:

Lost faith in emuine, Lost trust in Dan so I left.

What I don't think is right is having an IPO before the exchange is done, if the exchange doesn't work then what happens to the price stability? We have always been told that the exchange will help keep the price stable and not jump around like the others. People should be made aware of this fact.
r3wt

Activity: 686

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:42:31 PM

this thread is all good and valid, but aren't you the guy who took 20 BTC in donations for a primecoin gpu miner and never delivered?

edit: i don't mean it to be accusatory sounding, but there was a guy who took a bunch of donations for a primecoin miner an dissapeared awhile. i was thinking it was the same screen name as yours but i could be wrong, and if so i'm sorry.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:59:44 PM

The reason they quit is that they realized that they cannot make 1000x returns with eMunie, the way the system is designed unfortunately only gives u like 5x-10x Max in the first 1 year. That is bullshit for someone taking risk and being an early adopter. You can get the same 5x-10x return investing in countless clone altcoins.

See another individual that's trying to turn into Bill Gates in one day    Shocked  eMunie will likely be more adopted by merchants due to its stable price compare to other crypto-currencies crazy price fluctuations.
gambitx

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:13:52 PM

What I don't think is right is having an IPO before the exchange is done, if the exchange doesn't work then what happens to the price stability? We have always been told that the exchange will help keep the price stable and not jump around like the others. People should be made aware of this fact.

All u fucks have no idea what ur talking about, leave the business aspect to ppl who understand, not a bunch of delusional moron kids who think they have economics and ethics figured out by screaming centralized or decentralized. "Ooh we left because it was wrong, oooh im so ethical with a high moral ground, oooh but but its centralized, oooh IPO is not fair, the price wont be stable oooh its unethical ooooohhh" U idiots will lose out in the end, fucking idiots.
r3wt

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:19:23 PM

All u fucks have no idea what ur talking about, leave the business aspect to ppl who understand, not a bunch of delusional moron kids who think they have economics and ethics figured out by screaming centralized or decentralized. "Ooh we left because it was wrong, oooh im so ethical with a high moral ground, oooh but but its centralized, oooh IPO is not fair, the price wont be stable oooh its unethical ooooohhh" U idiots will lose out in the end, fucking idiots.

i got a beta invite, then realized it was written in java and deuced out. call me when its in something i trust(C++)

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
gambitx

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:27:04 PM

i got a beta invite, then realized it was written in java and deuced out. call me when its in something i trust(C++)

Nxt is java and look where it is now.

Also ur exchange (openex) got hacked in a few days and it's still a piece of shit, so let's not talk about trust.
r3wt

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:41:16 PM

Nxt is java and look where it is now.

Also ur exchange (openex) got hacked in a few days and it's still a piece of shit, so let's not talk about trust.

Nxt is a scam.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:26:37 PM

and its being spammed at Coindesk too rewt
these guys are taking to crawling around web sites across the web promoting their newest scam coins lol
i was just seeing some strange NXT fanboyism on News stories at Coindesk a few hrs ago.. i bet it was that guy
i also see DogeMorons spamming that coin on various random web sites and it pisses me off.
I don't want to see a CNN news story about the weather and here some dipshit moron screaming Doge FTW !! Much yes
AND Cryptsy needs to stop posting twitter updates like retarded childish little babies saying "Much yes" it's seriously bloody gay !
But what can you expect from idiots who defend scammy behavior and have shit coins like ORB on their exchange ?

and yeah i agree c/c++ no Java Smiley

sorry to hear about your exchange guy Sad ..i've been out of the loop for ages now.

FUD first & ask questions later™
mr_random (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:41:27 PM

this thread is all good and valid, but aren't you the guy who took 20 BTC in donations for a primecoin gpu miner and never delivered?

edit: i don't mean it to be accusatory sounding, but there was a guy who took a bunch of donations for a primecoin miner an dissapeared awhile. i was thinking it was the same screen name as yours but i could be wrong, and if so i'm sorry.

That is someone else on here, no idea why you think that is connected to me. Is it really too much effort to check your facts first before writing stupid shit like that? I guess I'm speaking to the guy who couldn't be arsed to protect his exchange server with basic security, so it makes sense.
eid

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:49:15 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 05:00:26 PM by eid

You seem to be suggesting people should ignore their conscience and their own judgement (based on knowledge of the product) and invest anyway, because you believe they may lose money otherwise (based on what, I don't know).

I cant see why anyone would take such a position, unless they have some strong emotional attachment to the project which clouds their mind.

I don't care what you do. It's your life.
eid

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:48:44 PM

See another individual that's trying to turn into Bill Gates in one day    Shocked  eMunie will likely be more adopted by merchants due to its stable price compare to other crypto-currencies crazy price fluctuations.

Im almost certain cosmofly is the latest incarnation of Cossackman, so probably best to just ignore anything he says.   Undecided
eid

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:04:27 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 05:17:21 PM by eid

Apparently I haven't explained myself enough and certain people are still insisting that I left because of one reason (emunie corp).
I hope they can understand the following:

tl:dr Dan Hughes cannot be trusted and his project is faulty.

On Trust.

Let's take a look at a few facts about emunie.

1: It has one developer. We have to TRUST this developer that their isnt anything in the code that we don't know about. I do not mean malicious code (although that is possible) I mean code which favours him and makes him more money at the expense of others**. We also have to TRUST that this developer won't roll over at the first threat and create a back door for the authorities, because:

2: It is closed source. We have to TRUST the developer when he says it will one day be released. Many people have suggested having a third party check the source, or signing a contract promising to open source at some point, and they have been IGNORED by the developer every time.

3: The EDRC: a group of "founders" who will hold the money from the investment for the buffer system and all further development. For this we have to TRUST them (including Visin, Fuserleers partner...see above).

4: eMunie Ltd: This is the developer and whoever else is on the board of this corporation (who are they btw?) getting in bed with one of the most ruthless and dangerous criminal cartels in history (Her Majesty Queen Elisabeth II and her government) and agreeing to play by their rules. We have to TRUST the developer when he says he will simply close the company if it becomes necessary.
edit: It has been pointed out to me that my assumptions regarding business law are exactly that, assumptions. I'll leave this struck out unless I find evidence otherwise. I still have concerns, but they may be nothing to do with being a Ltd company, but rather Dan being public and a central point of attack.

5: We have to TRUST the developer that his system will work since the core of it is not yet written nor tested and yet he is gathering investments.

I think anyone would agree that emunie is based on a large amount of trust in the dev and his partner. It has been stated that these things are necessary in emunie's case, and to a certain degree I agree with this. What this illustrates to me is that emunie is faulty from the base up.

I have come to believe that Fuserleer does not deserve this trust and this is why I withdrew my investment and resigned as a mod.

@  Fuserleer         ok, the whole mrv, billo, eid, whoever else stuff needs to stop, because Im losing my patience over how much of my time its soaking up dealing with these guys
@  Fuserleer   :   (07:02 PM - 01/29/14)I nor anyone else knows the reason these guys quit out(lie 1), the best me and other founders can come up with is paranoid chinese whispers that have escalated(lie 2)
@  Fuserleer   :   (07:03 PM - 01/29/14)NONE of the members that left raised any concerns with me(lie 3), and Im not going to continue sweeping up the mess they made due to not having the conviction to explain in detail why(lie 4)
@  Fuserleer   :   (07:03 PM - 01/29/14)I have tried to run this place as lose as possible(lie 5), believe me,(no ty) and Ive let a LOT of shit slide(lie 6) but for the next few days Im tightening ship

1: I emailed Dan when I quit giving him in general terms the reason. I then joined the shoutbox and gave more detailed reasons in defence of accusations of fakery and cowardice from Visin and a beta tester.

2: Since I had already made it clear that the people who left had had very little contact (one of them asked me why I had left), this is nothing but an attempt by Dan to defame us in front of his beta-testers/founders.

3: Concerns about the direction emunie had taken had been brought up in the shoutbox before. Also, see 1.

4: see 3 and 1

5: Deletion of posts/threads was commonplace and questions from mods were discouraged by Dans right hand man and forum administrator Visin. I had previously said I would give up my moderator status rather than have my freedom of speech constrained by it. Certain subjects were "fogged over" and it was when I started to speak about them that my account was banned.

6: see 5.

--------

Thanks, the pina vid wasn't anything to do with me, I was too busy working.

By the time I saw it, it was already out there.

Another lie/half truth. After I posted this video, I was lying in bed and started to be concerned that it might just cause more arguments and bad feeling. So I got back up, turned on my PC and asked Visin if I should perhaps take it down. I forget his exact words but the message was that no I should not. Then Dan joined the shoutbox and after explaining this to him, he said something like "good. the more the better", referring to the anger/hurt it may cause Pinarello.

This makes me to worry. Someone attacks all launched cryptos. We would better unite against common enemy, instead of insulting each other...

For once we agree 100%

But humans have been trying to get along for centuries now, so idealistic wishes of that nature just wont happen, which is very sad!

More lies. Fuserleer is quite happy antagonising people as can be seen in the original Nxt thread. It's a well known fact that there's a very easy way to make him angry. That is by mentioning 3 little letters: N, x and t. He also has a very low opinion of the users of this board, and claims he can run his project without them. I wonder where he thinks his investors came from?

What the above (and being a part of the emunie team) has shown me is that this person will say anything to promote/protect his project, no matter who it hurts or whether it's even true. At the same time he will attempt to create an image of himself as an innocent.

Fuserleer tells himself and others that he is changing the world. I have no idea what his original motives were, but if he thinks he will change the world with lies and censoring of truth, then he is delusional at best. There are enough lies and scheming in this world already thank you and I thought this community was working against that.

-----------------

** I'd like to ask Fuserleer if he's fixed the *bug* whereby his 2 hatchers receive at least 10x more earnings that everyone else?
The first time someone posted a chart of these earnings, there were 2 which had scores of approximately 300 each. The rest ranged from 30 to 0. Dan admitted the first was his. Then it was pointed out that the second one had "fuser" in the address (a vanity address). Dan claimed this wasn't his and made a show of asking for the private key from whoever it belonged to (no one came forward). This was supposedly a random event, coincidentally happening the first time anyone posted the charts.

What Dan failed to remember is that he had already, a few weeks previously, posted a screenshot of his vanity address with the word "fuser" in it.

This is where 50% of all gains will go, to these hatchers...

Trust?

I would also still like a reasonable reply to the points raised here:

http://forum.emunie.com/index.php?/topic/1343-what-happens-when-the-demand-dries-up/
Peachy

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 02:27:17 PM

Cross-posting over here to provide a relevant background profile of eid's lack of moral character and NSA-supported behaviors so that the reader is fully aware of his sociopathic tendencies.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=445728.msg4931887#msg4931887

etlase3

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:39:15 PM

5: We have to TRUST the developer that his system will work since the core of it is not yet written nor tested and yet he is gathering investments.

Boy if I haven't called this throughout the project.
eid

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:01:28 PM

Cross-posting over here to provide a relevant background profile of eid's lack of moral character and NSA-supported behaviors so that the reader is fully aware of his sociopathic tendencies.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=445728.msg4931887#msg4931887

Anyone reading that thread will quickly see whos moral character is lacking.

This constant accusation of "NSA-supported behaviors" is frankly ludicrous and makes you look quite ridiculous.

Why don't you address my concerns rather than attacking me?
jubalix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 03:13:57 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 11:07:31 PM by jubalix

I *wish* we could all just get along.

the code base when open will speak for itself.

if the code base is not opened then that effects price.

the incorporation is has little effect, in reality. I would say its more of a result of Dan going public from day 1.

even if dan did reward him self more, would't that incentives him to work harder to keep the value  coin?

you can probably decompile the java anyway if you really want to.

Admitted Practicing Lawyer::BTC/Crypto Specialist. B.Engineering/B.Laws

https://www.binance.com/?ref=10062065
eid

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:26:47 PM

I *wish* we could all just get along.

the code base when open will speak for itself.

if the code base is not opened then that effects price.

the incorporation is has not to little effect, in reality.

even if dan did reward him self more, would't that incentives him to work harder to keep the value  coin?

you can probably decompile the java anyway if you really want to.

If people would stop trying to hide the truth while asking for money, then we could get along very well.

We're talking about the IPO which will be held long before (if ever) the code is released.

If Dan wants to reward himself more, he should be open about doing so.

I believe the java is "obfuscated" (I am not a coder as Peachy has so eloquently pointed out)
lumierre

Activity: 862

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:15:21 PM

I'm starting to question the integrity of the developer and his project. I'm still investing a tiny amount in eMu IPO though. But for 80th time, the dev can't even meet his own deadline. It's quite worrying but I wish eMu the best. The extremely high risks involved will definitely be priced in my investment.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 05:35:18 PM

Indeed, perhaps if these guys would just step aside and stop soaking up days and days of my time with these twisted and contorted claims I could meet them.

Perhaps I'll just ignore all the FUD and let them all talk themselves to death, because obviously no matter how much I defend myself and sweep away one accusation, another pops up right in its place.

In fact yes, have fun slandering, I'm off to do something constructive as opposed to destructive as seen time and time again here.

Must be real comforting for these guys knowing that on their deathbed, and asked by a grand child about their legacy, they can say "I was a BTT troll for many years and helped bring down many projects that could of had the potential of helping redirect the course of humanity for the greater good!"

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
eid

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:45:14 PM

Indeed, perhaps if these guys would just step aside and stop soaking up days and days of my time with these twisted and contorted claims I could meet them.

Perhaps I'll just ignore all the FUD and let them all talk themselves to death, because obviously no matter how much I defend myself and sweep away one accusation, another pops up right in its place.

In fact yes, have fun slandering, I'm off to do something constructive as opposed to destructive as seen time and time again here.

Must be real comforting for these guys knowing that on their deathbed, and asked by a grand child about their legacy, they can say "I was a BTT troll for many years and helped bring down many projects that could of had the potential of helping redirect the course of humanity for the greater good!"

Ironically you haven't defended against any of my points.

More insults added. I'm getting used to that from you and your supporters.
vleroybrown

Activity: 1145
Merit: 506

This is who we are.

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:50:36 PM

IPO coin projects have weak backing regardless of how much they raise because the majority of the funds raised are speculative reassignments from users already involved in p2p currency.   I can't believe the closed mindedness of those who trash ripple because of the centralized nature of it.  Bitcoin has become very centralized and the majority of efforts to expand the user base are done outside of the support of bitcoiners because they can't stand the image of DOGE or Ripple.  I say get over yourselves then the real creating can start again.  When the chapters of p2p currency are written in a book DOGE will have one and likely Ripple will be the one the book is about, judging how these new fancy alts are.
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 02:13:06 AM

Hey eid,

Sorry things got so messed up, you used to be big emunie guy

To this day my questions about the specific algo used to manage the price has not beem answered
Deadline for whitepaper, nowhere to be found. Very interested as no govt ever suceeded at fixing their fiat price

My fear is that a day or two before fundraising closes, whitepaper comes out so nobody can complain that no details were available before investing. The 99% of people that invest before the whitepaper, caveat emptor
What if white paper is not accurate, no way to verify

On the hatching side, no details on how you can boost hatching.  I was hoping things werent made so complicated on purpose so that nobody could predict what will happen, except the one person who actually knows how it works

If people are counting on dan's ability to predict crypto market, keep in mind his debate with bcnext about bcnext claim that nxt will be worth a few millions or he will eat his hat. Bcnext hat is safe despite the pages and pages of furseleers sure sounding denouncements of any possibility of nxt success

I still hope that emunie is not incorporating to shield dan from personal liability, but this thread makes me think that emunie ipo investors will be disappointed

My main problem about price fixing by autohatching to match demand is that by definition all demand is met so the price cant go up. Without a matching buyside demand, NOTHING will stop the crash in price. Theoretically it is cool that instead of getting a higher price, you get more emunie, but my feeling is that you will end up with more emunie that is priced proportionally lower. Of course need math models to get any visibility into this, but no details

The last issue i has was that it looks like anybody that buys emunie is giving up 50% to the hatchers, so a postmine of 50%, which sounds pretty steep, especially if you only end up with three times the emunie whose price is 20% of original price.

With long open ipo, who is left to buy emunie?

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
billotronic
Legendary

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:25:21 AM

wakka wakka wakka

pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:12:30 AM

Apparently I haven't explained myself enough and certain people are still insisting that I left because of one reason (emunie corp).

On Trust.

1: It has one developer. We have to TRUST this developer that their isnt anything in the code that we don't know about. I do not mean malicious code (although that is possible) I mean code which favours him and makes him more money at the expense of others**. We also have to TRUST that this developer won't roll over at the first threat and create a back door for the authorities, because:

2: It is closed source. We have to TRUST the developer when he says it will one day be released. Many people have suggested having a third party check the source, or signing a contract promising to open source at some point, and they have been IGNORED by the developer every time.

3: The EDRC: a group of "founders" who will hold the money from the investment for the buffer system and all further development. For this we have to TRUST them (including Visin, Fuserleers partner...see above).

4: eMunie Ltd: This is the developer and whoever else is on the board of this corporation (who are they btw?) getting in bed with one of the most ruthless and dangerous criminal cartels in history (Her Majesty Queen Elisabeth II and her government) and agreeing to play by their rules. We have to TRUST the developer when he says he will simply close the company if it becomes necessary.

I think anyone would agree that emunie is based on a large amount of trust in the dev and his partner. It has been stated that these things are necessary in emunie's case, and to a certain degree I agree with this. What this illustrates to me is that emunie is faulty from the base up.

I have come to believe that Fuserleer does not deserve this trust and this is why I withdrew my investment and resigned as a mod.

@  Fuserleer   :   (07:02 PM - 01/29/14)I nor anyone else knows the reason these guys quit out(lie 1), the best me and other founders can come up with is paranoid chinese whispers that have escalated(lie 2)
@  Fuserleer   :   (07:03 PM - 01/29/14)NONE of the members that left raised any concerns with me(lie 3), and Im not going to continue sweeping up the mess they made due to not having the conviction to explain in detail why(lie 4)
@  Fuserleer   :   (07:03 PM - 01/29/14)I have tried to run this place as lose as possible(lie 5), believe me,(no ty) and Ive let a LOT of shit slide(lie 6) but for the next few days Im tightening ship

1: I emailed Dan when I quit giving him in general terms the reason. I then joined the shoutbox and gave more detailed reasons in defence of accusations of fakery and cowardice from Visin and a beta tester.

2: Since I had already made it clear that the people who left had had very little contact (one of them asked me why I had left), this is nothing but an attempt by Dan to defame us in front of his beta-testers/founders.

3: Concerns about the direction emunie had taken had been brought up in the shoutbox before. Also, see 1.

4: see 3 and 1

5: Deletion of posts/threads was commonplace and questions from mods were discouraged by Dans right hand man and forum administrator Visin. I had previously said I would give up my moderator status rather than have my freedom of speech constrained by it. Certain subjects were "fogged over" and it was when I started to speak about them that my account was banned.

6: see 5.

--------

Thanks, the pina vid wasn't anything to do with me, I was too busy working.

By the time I saw it, it was already out there.

Another lie/half truth. After I posted this video, I was lying in bed and started to be concerned that it might just cause more arguments and bad feeling. So I got back up, turned on my PC and asked Visin if I should perhaps take it down. I forget his exact words but the message was that no I should not. Then Dan joined the shoutbox and after explaining this to him, he said something like "good. the more the better", referring to the anger/hurt it may cause Pinarello.

This makes me to worry. Someone attacks all launched cryptos. We would better unite against common enemy, instead of insulting each other...

For once we agree 100%

But humans have been trying to get along for centuries now, so idealistic wishes of that nature just wont happen, which is very sad!

More lies. Fuserleer is quite happy antagonising people as can be seen in the original Nxt thread. It's a well known fact that there's a very easy way to make him angry. That is by mentioning 3 little letters: N, x and t. He also has a very low opinion of the users of this board, and claims he can run his project without them. I wonder where he thinks his investors came from?

What the above (and being a part of the emunie team) has shown me is that this person will say anything to promote/protect his project, no matter who it hurts or whether it's even true. At the same time he will attempt to create an image of himself as an innocent.

Fuserleer tells himself and others that he is changing the world. I have no idea what his original motives were, but if he thinks he will change the world with lies and censoring of truth, then he is delusional at best. There are enough lies and scheming in this world already thank you and I thought this community was working against that.

-----------------

** I'd like to ask Fuserleer if he's fixed the *bug* whereby his 2 hatchers receive at least 10x more earnings that everyone else?
The first time someone posted a chart of these earnings, there were 2 which had scores of approximately 300 each. The rest ranged from 30 to 0. Dan admitted the first was his. Then it was pointed out that the second one had "fuser" in the address (a vanity address). Dan claimed this wasn't his and made a show of asking for the private key from whoever it belonged to (no one came forward). This was supposedly a random event, coincidentally happening the first time anyone posted the charts.

What Dan failed to remember is that he had already, a few weeks previously, posted a screenshot of his vanity address with the word "fuser" in it.

Trust?

I would also still like a reasonable reply to the points raised here:

http://forum.emunie.com/index.php?/topic/1343-what-happens-when-the-demand-dries-up/

Thank you for your honest statement of facts!

Your testimony can save people a lot of money!

thank you
Pin

NWO

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:18:17 AM

Great info eid, thank you. I'll probably stay well clear of emu now. It sounds like the whole project is a mess compared to months ago when I was first interested.
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:42:55 AM

wakka wakka wakka

Wasn't this Shakira song?! Smiley

BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:17:36 AM

Thanks a lot, Eid. Your post has the most details and much better than the other side which has only accusations without facts.

Really appreciate if you could answer some questions I listed below.

On Trust.

This situation has lasted for a long time already. Therefore, it means you trusted him before. May I know what was the exact reason made you changed your mind?

Same as above, what changed your trust on Visin, Fuserleers partner, ...?

According to all the beta testers, the system works very well. According to you said here, however, the core has not been written or tested. Then what're the functions in the beta test? I was always curious about this, because my application of beta tester was never approved. Moreover, there's no one even post a video about the beta version yet.

Again, may I ask what was the exact reason made you lost the trust of Fuserleer.

Thanks a lot. I believe your answers will make the puzzle much clearer.
eid

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:41:32 AM

Hey eid,

Sorry things got so messed up, you used to be big emunie guy

To this day my questions about the specific algo used to manage the price has not beem answered
Deadline for whitepaper, nowhere to be found. Very interested as no govt ever suceeded at fixing their fiat price

My fear is that a day or two before fundraising closes, whitepaper comes out so nobody can complain that no details were available before investing. The 99% of people that invest before the whitepaper, caveat emptor
What if white paper is not accurate, no way to verify

On the hatching side, no details on how you can boost hatching.  I was hoping things werent made so complicated on purpose so that nobody could predict what will happen, except the one person who actually knows how it works

If people are counting on dan's ability to predict crypto market, keep in mind his debate with bcnext about bcnext claim that nxt will be worth a few millions or he will eat his hat. Bcnext hat is safe despite the pages and pages of furseleers sure sounding denouncements of any possibility of nxt success

I still hope that emunie is not incorporating to shield dan from personal liability, but this thread makes me think that emunie ipo investors will be disappointed

My main problem about price fixing by autohatching to match demand is that by definition all demand is met so the price cant go up. Without a matching buyside demand, NOTHING will stop the crash in price. Theoretically it is cool that instead of getting a higher price, you get more emunie, but my feeling is that you will end up with more emunie that is priced proportionally lower. Of course need math models to get any visibility into this, but no details

The last issue i has was that it looks like anybody that buys emunie is giving up 50% to the hatchers, so a postmine of 50%, which sounds pretty steep, especially if you only end up with three times the emunie whose price is 20% of original price.

With long open ipo, who is left to buy emunie?

James

Your fears regarding the whitepaper are shared by many I think. Fuserleer says he is writing a technical document rather than a white paper. Certain things will be left out because he doesn't want people stealing his ideas. This is the last I heard of it anyway. Perhaps this has changed.

There is a (limited) buffer system which will buy emu at times of low demand, but I have doubts about it's effectiveness since it then has to resell them without affecting the price. In reality you have just swapped 10 people wanting to sell for one system wanting to sell. If it doesn't sell in time, then it is useless. Only time will tell though.

I also have concerns about the ability to inflate the supply without any way to deflate. The only thing that can happen is a price crash as far as I can see, unless there is constant upward pressure.

I am not an economist though so this may all be wrong.

I've also expressed to Fuserleer my concern about the percentage which goes to hatchers (50%). It seems ridiculously high to me but apparently the founders decided this at some point.

The long ipo shouldn't have too much of an immediate effect as the buffer will need to stock up on emu in order to work. What will happen after that is anyone's guess.
hamiltino

Activity: 644

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:18:46 PM

Why do you hate java so much, is it because its an internet trend to hate java?. Java is the second most used programming language in the world (next to C) , the programming language was also taught in my university. I've written in both python and Java and Java is a much more feature rich language for object oriented programming.

The Java docs are also extremely detailed.

stacking coin
eid

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:34:02 PM

Thanks a lot, Eid. Your post has the most details and much better than the other side which has only accusations without facts.

Really appreciate if you could answer some questions I listed below.

On Trust.

This situation has lasted for a long time already. Therefore, it means you trusted him before. May I know what was the exact reason made you changed your mind?

I'll try and answer your questions, but I fear it's not going to be as clear as you'd like.

There is no exact reason or sudden decision that made me distrust Dan; life just isn't like that which is unfortunate when it comes to explaining it, but preferable when we consider the richness of human relationships.

I've actually always liked Dan, and to some extent, still do. The reasons for not trusting him obviously make me question this, but people are not all good or bad. They're a mixture of sometimes conflicting desires and drives.

When I look back over the time I spent with emunie, there were always doubts in my mind which created a kind of mental fog over the whole thing. I had doubts regarding Dan and also about the system itself. Recently I believe the last piece of the puzzle clicked into place and I saw emunie clearly for the first time.

The last couple of days of being there I was highly confused, constantly debating whether to withdraw my support or not. At some point, the balance tipped and I left.

Since doing so, a lot of the mental fog has gone thankfully and I've got a clearer view of the whole thing. I think I've been guilty of trying to ignore what my conscience was telling me.

The biggest event which made me distrust Dan was obviously the "fuser" hatcher I spoke about above. Why I let this slip at the time, I've attempted to explain above. It's always been in my thoughts though.

There was the pinarello video episode which I found quite sickening actually.

There were other small things which made me doubt his integrity, most of which I have no evidence for, but sewed doubts nonetheless. This includes his complete silence when certain subjects were brought up. eg. Having the code checked by a third party, or signing a contract to open the source after a certain time.

There were also his claims about ways of destroying emu to deflate the supply as a reaction to low demand. You can read about them here:

Then of course, I resigned, and suddenly found myself being abused for doing so (I assume they thought I wasn't there), not by Dan himself admittedly, but he certainly did nothing to defend us and when I defended myself it got even worse. This was all Visin of course. When I tried to show Visin for what he really was, Dan banned me.

Same as above, what changed your trust on Visin, Fuserleers partner, ...?

I never trusted Visin. Every time he opened his mouth I felt like leaving. Look at the whole Cossackman episode for an example. He actually bragged about reading other peoples PM's. Ugh. I find Dan's support of him highly questionable.

According to all the beta testers, the system works very well. According to you said here, however, the core has not been written or tested. Then what're the functions in the beta test? I was always curious about this, because my application of beta tester was never approved. Moreover, there's no one even post a video about the beta version yet.

There are actually a few videos on the emunie forum which show the features which are working. And they really do work well, no one can doubt that. The exchange is not one of them though. This is really the heart of the system as it sends signals for new emunie to be created and for the buffer system to work. Last I heard, it hadn't been written, let alone implemented and tested.

Again, may I ask what was the exact reason made you lost the trust of Fuserleer.

Thanks a lot. I believe your answers will make the puzzle much clearer.

I hope I've answered your questions satisfactorily. I believe I've said everything I needed to and achieved my goal which was to undo the damage I felt I'd done in support of emunie.

I spent all of yesterday defending myself against quite hurtful attacks against my character, from people I thought better of, and it's taken it's toll.

Hopefully now I can let the matter rest.
Emule

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:37:01 PM

nice piece of convo here, for the 300,000 BTT trolls.

7:25:44 PM] Thomas Reimann: it is an issue, but we cannot decentralize it. neither ENS nor the asset ID system can be decentralized. as it will create a silk road a day later.
[7:25:46 PM] Dan Hughes - eMunie: They can complain, the complainers are the ones that will get us into trouble selling children
[7:25:58 PM] Dan Hughes - eMunie: thats why they are complaining, they want anon security but cant have it
[7:26:08 PM] Cobra: In my opinion as soon as bad press comes out like "the new underground currency" or something like that in the news it just makes it take longer for mainstream adoption because most people don't want to associate with that in any way.
[7:26:16 PM] Dan Hughes - eMunie: Greg yes that is the ultimate goal
[7:26:26 PM] Steganos: Exactly.  I think we just need to clearly explain why it needs to be this way.
[7:26:53 PM] Dan Hughes - eMunie: Steg job public wont care about centralization anyway, and thats our real market, because its the only market large enough to effect real change
[7:27:20 PM] Dan Hughes - eMunie: 300,000 BTT trolls aint going change shit, no matter how big their egos are
[7:27:31 PM] Thomas Reimann: "well, i thought there would be peers that approve the listing of assets?" how do you create a voting system that cannot be cheatet?
[7:27:55 PM] Dan Hughes - eMunie: Thomas, by thinking about it long, hard, and very carefully
[7:28:54 PM] Dan Hughes - eMunie: Im still on the long part btw lol
[7:28:54 PM] Thomas Reimann: I thought about it and found always a way to cheat it
[7:28:56 PM] Lloyd Faver: after the initial setup by Dan, why can't the vetted Dealer vote to recommend new assets to be added with the concurrence of the EDRC
theFork

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:42:39 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 12:52:50 PM by theFork

do peachy and/or visin come of as sock puppets to you?

I mean they don't seem have been round in the crypto space that long? v someone like billtronic

not saying this is a bad thing btw, as it allows more freedom to express ideas, vision comes off as a sk to me,

peachy does not
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:45:01 PM

Thanks a lot, eid. I don't know about others, but at least I choose to believe you. The exchange part is the key. If it is not even written, then it's just another altcoin, like NXT.
eid

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:48:02 PM

do peachy and/or visin come of as sock puppets to you?

I mean they don't seem have been round in the crypto space that long? v someone like billtronic

not saying this is a bad thing btw.

definitely not.
hamiltino

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:54:26 PM

7:25:44 PM] Thomas Reimann: it is an issue, but we cannot decentralize it. neither ENS nor the asset ID system can be decentralized. as it will create a silk road a day later.
[7:25:46 PM] Dan Hughes - eMunie: They can complain, the complainers are the ones that will get us into trouble selling children
[7:25:58 PM] Dan Hughes - eMunie: thats why they are complaining, they want anon security but cant have it
[7:26:08 PM] Cobra: In my opinion as soon as bad press comes out like "the new underground currency" or something like that in the news it just makes it take longer for mainstream adoption because most people don't want to associate with that in any way.
[7:26:26 PM] Steganos: Exactly.  I think we just need to clearly explain why it needs to be this way.
[7:26:53 PM] Dan Hughes - eMunie: Steg job public wont care about centralization anyway, and thats our real market, because its the only market large enough to effect real change
[7:27:20 PM] Dan Hughes - eMunie: 300,000 BTT trolls aint going change shit, no matter how big their egos are
[7:27:31 PM] Thomas Reimann: "well, i thought there would be peers that approve the listing of assets?" how do you create a voting system that cannot be cheatet?
[7:27:55 PM] Dan Hughes - eMunie: Thomas, by thinking about it long, hard, and very carefully
[7:28:54 PM] Thomas Reimann: I thought about it and found always a way to cheat it
[7:28:56 PM] Lloyd Faver: after the initial setup by Dan, why can't the vetted Dealer vote to recommend new assets to be added with the concurrence of the EDRC

The monetary system is decentralized. Assets id's can't be completely decentralized as anyone could create assets which step over moral grounds like paedophilia or children trafficking. But if the community could vote what assets are and not allowed i would rather have that than a centralized group choose what assets are allowed.

i'm starting to think all this trolling is to just get as much people out of emunie as possible until the IPO is finished, so they can maximise their profits.

stacking coin
Jamesco

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:55:07 PM

Thankyou so much for this information, while I always doubted eMule because of his obvious bad intentions towards emunie( his use of language spells this out quite easily). The other posters speaking of their gut feelings and experiences really puts this into perspective what I myself was worried about. The central control of power can potentially be abused. For a while I thought fair enough Dan seems legit like a nice guy so maybe it wouldn't be a problem, the problem isn't whether he is a nice guy or not but having it centralised and not public means nothing can be accountable.

Long story short its not Dan himself I really care about he seems like a nice person, its the idea that if anything was to ever happen to either my money, the system or whatever I am the one to blame because from the start I put my money into an unaccountable system in which anything that happens behind closed doors. This self responsibility means I cannot trust it from the start and I don't think I could live with myself for losing  money that way when I know its a possibility.
freigeist

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:59:53 PM

Why do you hate java so much, is it because its an internet trend to hate java?. Java is the second most used programming language in the world (next to C) , the programming language was also taught in my university. I've written in both python and Java and Java is a much more feature rich language for object oriented programming.

Maybe they see it as proprietary technology developed by a corporation?!
Compared to python I think is P.I.T.A. to develop in java
as it requires to write bunch of code to do some simple tasks.

Emule

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:04:34 PM

The monetary system is decentralized. Assets id's can't be completely decentralized as anyone could create assets which step over moral grounds like paedophilia or children trafficking. But if the community could vote what assets are and not allowed i would rather have that than a centralized group choose what assets are allowed.

i'm starting to think all this trolling is to just get as much people out of emunie as possible until the IPO is finished, so they can maximise their profits.so people wont lose their money

fixed it for you
mrvegad

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:14:18 PM

On June 11,2013 Dan said:

"Indeed, Java's not the most secure in the world by any stretch of the imagination. But it is good for testing ideas and testing large scale ups."

http://forum.emunie.com/index.php?/topic/10-emunie-client/?p=119
hamiltino

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:27:33 PM

oh didn't know there is going to be a C++ client.

stacking coin
hamiltino

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:24:49 PM

i'm starting to think all this trolling is to just get as much people out of emunie as possible until the IPO is finished, so they can maximise their profits.so people wont lose their money

fixed it for you

thanks bro

stacking coin
MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:34:35 PM

What eid said nailed it on the head. Before even the whole Dan having hatchers collect more interest thing, mr vegas brought up this bug and it was completely ignored by Dan. I guess the real reason was because he was using it for personal gain.

Also,  other weird things why wouldn't dan want help from countless of other programmers to speed things up? You can still keep it closed source and get help.

Especially when one person is trying to re write economics, you would think he would want all the help he could get. Because of these reasons he lost alot of trust.

I will still run the client on release on a dummy computer I just don't expect emunie to survive. I suspect day one something will break, or a vulnerability will be found which will cause it's death.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
hamiltino

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:49:48 PM

emunie has been in closed beta testing for a long time, although there have been bugs (which is why its called beta), there hasn't been anything catastrophic like what you think will happen in the open beta.

stacking coin
MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:03:02 PM

emunie has been in closed beta testing for a long time, although there have been bugs (which is why its called beta), there hasn't been anything catastrophic like what you think will happen in the open beta.

Finding a bug that gives 10x interest to an account is catastrophic, if any other sort of bug is found that would break or cheat the exchange or system, or even if the logic behind hatching and the whole system has 1 loose end, the project will fail.

Again I find it quite shady that Dan wouldn't want any help, there are things called NDAs and ways to compartment-alize the code to get help. The fact that he completely tried to ignore the interest bug, and subsequently lie about it being him, is enough to not trust anything he says. He's probably busy building another loop hole to benefit him.

Hence another reason why suggestions of hiring professionals to find vulnerabilities fell on deaf ears.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
mrvegad

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:39:21 PM

My constant "bug" reports about dat file and hatcher key manipulation was also ignored.
extee

Activity: 171

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:53:11 PM

My constant "bug" reports about dat file and hatcher key manipulation was also ignored.
lets see in the open beta if it has been ignored Smiley
Peachy

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 06:17:57 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 06:29:15 PM by Peachy

**sigh**

Worth repeating for yet another person to read:

The ideology applies to ANY bug identified, not just the one referenced below.  It's part of the Agile/SCRUM waterfall-iterative development SDLC (software development lifecycle).  Sorry you had leave before you could have learned fully the power of such a method of development and its advantages vs. the structured and painfully formalized Requirements Gathering process.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=445728.msg4932169#msg4932169
--Relevant Section---
"Your other accusation regarding the 'balance of hatching' seeming unfairly aligned towards Dan.  What an utter lack of system and development skills you must possess.  This issue has already been resolved within the current beta and can be verified by anyone with a modicum of SQL skills.   Just because a programmer doesn't oil YOUR squeaky wheel at the time you cry like a baby does NOT mean he doesn't know it needs to be oiled.  There is a time for those fixes to occur and it is a matter of prioritizing the requirements during the development cycle.   How sad for you that you left before you could learn such aspects of programming and instead wanted to run off crying like a child when their ice cream fell off the cone."

Links for improving your skills: (normal habits of a Lifelong learner)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agile_software_development

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrum_%28software_development%29

hamiltino

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:06:48 PM

Hey Peachy, whats your comment on the 10x interest "bug" that was reported? Was it deliberate or not?

stacking coin
Peachy

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 09:37:38 PM

Hey Peachy, whats your comment on the 10x interest "bug" that was reported? Was it deliberate or not?

hamiltino,
Actually, I had noticed it myself when I first joined the beta group. It was a bug within a prior version (many releases ago) which was in use at that time. 

As a tester, I made a note to myself of the condition and then searched for it among the existing threads of already reported issues. 

I found that it had already been identified and thus felt no need to further waste Dan's time by repeating another posting of it (or live mention of it within the chat box). 

About a week or so ago (can't remember exactly as there have been so many nights flying through various version changes) Dan indicated that this specific bug was "on today's menu" of a few he planned to squash that night.  A few hours later a newer beta version was released to the team.  We ran it for well over 24 hours with over 100k transactions and blocks.  At multiple hours throughout that version's life-cycle (and all subsequent versions after that one) I continue to monitor the relative dispersion of block hatching and the spread continues to be quite equitable between the high and low value.  Thus, no recurrence of the original condition.  Bug closed.

In all honesty, there was nothing nefarious about why it hadn't been fixed previously.  No "shadow conspiracy" motives with surreptitiously secret agendas.  I truly believe that some of the above individuals suffer from a grandiose sense of self-worth in that their own opinions matter far more than those of Dan's.  Accordingly, they believe that he MUST fix their issues NOW without any understanding of the his prioritization methodology. 

Personally, I find that self-important attitude a bit disingenuous.  I instead prefer to allow a truly brilliant coder such as Dan the time to work on the things that are MOST important (based on his judgement for how he sees the development should progress) with an expectation that he will work through to resolve these bugs as they move up his priority ladder.

As a developer myself for Enterprise-class applications within the Business Intelligence / Big Data environment I understand full well the Agile  development life cycle.  This is precisely the same methodology for how Dan takes the feedback from various users during his major coding activities and concurrently incorporates these minor bug fixes into the next "sprint".  These quick iterative version releases are the "quick wins" that psychologically keep the enthusiasm of the tester high as they are not having to instead wait a painful number of weeks between versions.  Thus, this makes the user "feel more engage" as they can quickly see the project moving forward as it approaches its final polished form.

eid

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:14:41 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 12:28:34 AM by eid

The ideology applies to ANY bug identified, not just the one referenced below.  It's part of the Agile/SCRUM waterfall-iterative development SDLC (software development lifecycle).  Sorry you had leave before you could have learned fully the power of such a method of development and its advantages vs. the structured and painfully formalized Requirements Gathering process.

hamiltino,
Actually, I had noticed it myself when I first joined the beta group. It was a bug within a prior version (many releases ago) which was in use at that time.  

As a tester, I made a note to myself of the condition and then searched for it among the existing threads of already reported issues.  

I found that it had already been identified and thus felt no need to further waste Dan's time by repeating another posting of it (or live mention of it within the chat box).  

About a week or so ago (can't remember exactly as there have been so many nights flying through various version changes) Dan indicated that this specific bug was "on today's menu" of a few he planned to squash that night.  A few hours later a newer beta version was released to the team.  We ran it for well over 24 hours with over 100k transactions and blocks.  At multiple hours throughout that version's life-cycle (and all subsequent versions after that one) I continue to monitor the relative dispersion of block hatching and the spread continues to be quite equitable between the high and low value.  Thus, no recurrence of the original condition.  Bug closed.

In all honesty, there was nothing nefarious about why it hadn't been fixed previously.  No "shadow conspiracy" motives with surreptitiously secret agendas.  I truly believe that some of the above individuals suffer from a grandiose sense of self-worth in that their own opinions matter far more than those of Dan's.  Accordingly, they believe that he MUST fix their issues NOW without any understanding of the his prioritization methodology.  

Personally, I find that self-important attitude a bit disingenuous.  I instead prefer to allow a truly brilliant coder such as Dan the time to work on the things that are MOST important (based on his judgement for how he sees the development should progress) with an expectation that he will work through to resolve these bugs as they move up his priority ladder.

As a developer myself for Enterprise-class applications within the Business Intelligence / Big Data environment I understand full well the Agile  development life cycle.  This is precisely the same methodology for how Dan takes the feedback from various users during his major coding activities and concurrently incorporates these minor bug fixes into the next "sprint".  These quick iterative version releases are the "quick wins" that psychologically keep the enthusiasm of the tester high as they are not having to instead wait a painful number of weeks between versions.  Thus, this makes the user "feel more engage" as they can quickly see the project moving forward as it approaches its final polished form.

Thanks for explaining to us dummies what a prioritised queue is; such an esoteric concept  Roll Eyes

I truly believe that some of the above individuals suffer from a grandiose sense of self-worth

mmhmm

Eadeqa

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:30:31 PM

Open JDK is open source licensed under GPL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenJDK

Java has been around a long time (1996).

Amazon.com and ebay.com run on java on server side

"as it requires to write bunch of code to do some simple tasks."

Nonsense. You don't know what you are talking about

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
freigeist

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:56:18 PM

php code to read from file:
Code:
$content = file_get_contents("filepath");
php code to read from url:
Code:
$content = file_get_contents("http://javaispita.com");

python code to read from file:

Code:
fp = open("filepath","r")
content = fp.read()
fp.close()

java code to read from file:

Code:
BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(new FileReader("filepath"));
StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();
String content = null;

try {
String line;
while((line = br.readLine() != null) sb.append(line);
content = sb.toString();

} catch (IOException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
} finally {
br.close();
}

The code speaks by itself.

Eadeqa

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:35:36 AM

php code to read from file:
Code:
$content = file_get_contents("filepath");
php code to read from url:
Code:
$content = file_get_contents("http://javaispita.com");

python code to read from file:

Code:
fp = open("filepath","r")
content = fp.read()
fp.close()

java code to read from file:

Code:
BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(new FileReader("filepath"));
StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();
String content = null;

try {
String line;
while((line = br.readLine() != null) sb.append(line);
content = sb.toString();

} catch (IOException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
} finally {
br.close();
}

The code speaks by itself.

The discussion started by someone whose exact quote was this: "call me when its in something i trust(C++)"

Where did PHP came in this discussion?

There is no reason to "trust" software on the basis whether it's written in C++ or Java.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 12:45:39 AM

My concerns are never addressed
Leads me to conclude emunie is ripple 2.0 without any vc money and a dev staff of 1 coming out with new economics and 50% postmine, but source is closed and no whitepaper, unexplained hatching algos, etc

Govts worldwide will be all over any monetary price fixing that actually works. My analysis is that emunie price cannot go up, but it can go down. At best you get more emunies when demand comes in, but half of it goes to hatchers, so when it goes down your are guaranteed a loss of around 50%

When the buyside buffer is gone, what stops downward spiral?
Whitepaper that explains magical monetary system would go a long way to build confidence, in fact critical for any sane investor. As it is i have to express my concerns to people as any crypto that is overhyped and blows up is bad for all crypto

James

BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:04:50 AM

My concerns are never addressed
Leads me to conclude emunie is ripple 2.0 without any vc money and a dev staff of 1 coming out with new economics and 50% postmine, but source is closed and no whitepaper, unexplained hatching algos, etc

Govts worldwide will be all over any monetary price fixing that actually works. My analysis is that emunie price cannot go up, but it can go down. At best you get more emunies when demand comes in, but half of it goes to hatchers, so when it goes down your are guaranteed a loss of around 50%

When the buyside buffer is gone, what stops downward spiral?
Whitepaper that explains magical monetary system would go a long way to build confidence, in fact critical for any sane investor. As it is i have to express my concerns to people as any crypto that is overhyped and blows up is bad for all crypto

James
Nice summary.

Nobody comments on what eid said that the DEX part has not been written yet? How does the buffer system work if trade between EMU and BTC is outside? If they are traded outside, the system has no way to know its price. Does this mean emunie cannot be traded until the DEX is written and tested and deployed?
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:44:59 AM

I'm sorry but I have been beta tester of Emunie before Eid came along. I saw almost every interaction this kid had in the troll box while he was a part of the project.

I say "this kid" because Eid is 18 years old. He has no programming background, on economics background, not much life experience and very little money in which he could have invested in Emunie anyway. None of these things is necessarily bad, but as one that has owned several business and made millions of dollars from them, Eid and the way his mind works as a teenager never really impressed me.

Visin promoted him to forum moderator which shocked me frankly. Visin was looking for help and at the time Eid was a cheerleader and I guess Visin believed Eid would be good at the job. However, Eid was a poor moderator, one who constantly wanted to censor people. In fact, I remember multiple occasions where Eid and Visin sparred because Eid was wanting to warn and potentially ban forum members for criticizing Dan and the project.

Eid's behavior motivated me to ask him his age and how he found emunie and gather more information about him. Once, I understood these things I could explain better his behavior.

Eid leaving Emunie is not surprising. He is prone, as many teenagers are, to pretty severe mood/opinion swings. I think he means well, but his criticisms of Emunie are laughable.

Is Dan the best at personal PR? Nope. But at least he has the balls to not be anonymous. And he works harder than anyone criticizing him. As for all the other criticisms about Emunie, guess what? --> we will all find out, won't we?  In the next days, weeks and months to come, we will see if Eid's worries are founded or not.

I am betting the 18 year old is dead wrong. Smiley

And, by the way guys and girls, you can get answer to all your questions over at forum.emunie.com. Do a little research and reading for yourself. Asking 18 year olds to answer your business and technical questions is ridiculous.
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:52:43 AM

I'm sorry but I have been beta tester of Emunie before Eid came along. I saw almost every interaction this kid had in the troll box while he was a part of the project.

I say "this kid" because Eid is 18 years old. He has no programming background, on economics background, not much life experience and very little money in which he could have invested in Emunie anyway. None of these things is necessarily bad, but as one that has owned several business and made millions of dollars from them, Eid and the way his mind works as a teenager never really impressed me.

Visin promoted him to forum moderator which shocked me frankly. Visin was looking for help and at the time Eid was a cheerleader and I guess Visin believed Eid would be good at the job. However, Eid was a poor moderator, one who constantly wanted to censor people. In fact, I remember multiple occasions where Eid and Visin sparred because Eid was wanting to warn and potentially ban forum members for criticizing Dan and the project.

Eid's behavior motivated me to ask him his age and how he found emunie and gather more information about him. Once, I understood these things I could explain better his behavior.

Eid leaving Emunie is not surprising. He is prone, as many teenagers are, to pretty severe mood/opinion swings. I think he means well, but his criticisms of Emunie are laughable.

Is Dan the best at personal PR? Nope. But at least he has the balls to not be anonymous. And he works harder than anyone criticizing him. As for all the other criticisms about Emunie, guess what? --> we will all find out, won't we?  In the next days, weeks and months to come, we will see if Eid's worries are founded or not.

And, by the way guys and girls, you can get answer to all your questions over at forum.emunie.com. Do a little research and reading for yourself. Asking 18 year olds to answer your business and technical questions is ridiculous.
In a debate, we should focus on the words rather than the people. You could argue which part of his arguments are not right and give solid evidences, and in my opinion that's way more effective than attacking people's age.

For example, could you confirm whether the DEX function has been implemented? If not, what was the timeline and whether the EMU trade-able before DEX is implemented? Could you help to clarify why Dan refuse to open source at least a little bit of his code?

We, as potential investor, care more about the facts rather than people's age.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:03:28 AM

In a debate, we should focus on the words rather than the people. You could argue which part of his arguments are not right and give solid evidences, and in my opinion that's way more effective than attacking people's age.

For example, could you confirm whether the DEX function has been implemented? If not, what was the timeline and whether the EMU trade-able before DEX is implemented? Could you help to clarify why Dan refuse to open source at least a little bit of his code?

I could answer those questions. Or I could tell you to go read the forum and do the due diligence that a wise investor would do.

Which is what I am telling you to do.

If you go read the forum and still have questions I'll be more than happy to answer any other questions you may have.

valdepretium

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:11:17 AM

>>>>>>>>>SNIP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

+1

Stick to the important topics, this mudslinging gets us no-where. Answer the questions asked, or just come out & say "we don't know" or "we're not gonna tell you".

The open beta is now running & looks pretty good, but the DEX function is the backbone of eMunie supply regulation system.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 06:20:44 AM

Am i 18 or 81?
How old do i have to be to get my questions answered.
Thats exactly how old i am!
Answers?

BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:22:22 AM

I could answer those questions. Or I could tell you to go read the forum and do the due diligence that a wise investor would do.

If you go read the forum and still have questions I'll be more than happy to answer any other questions you may have.

Actually I am a registered user there, and I've read most posts there but I still don't have the answers of my questions above. No beta tests have told us whether DEX is implemented or not and how EMU can be exchanged when there's no DEX yet.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:30:39 AM

Actually I am a registered user there, and I've read most posts there but I still don't have the answers of my questions above. No beta tests have told us whether DEX is implemented or not and how EMU can be exchanged when there's no DEX yet.

The exchange is being finalized. I believe Dan plans to have it at the official launch if not before. We have already tested Assets, they work and they are awesome, but they are not in OB1 currently.

The exchange is something that everyone is waiting for. And you are right, we need it to exchange Emu.

From an investment perspective, you realize the following (and if you don't please let me tell you)
A. You can wait until the launch and probably get Emu for the a decent price or perhaps the same price as early investors. So you can just wait until you see first hand all the features.
B. If you invest in BTC, your investment is protected. Meaning, you are given credit for the value of bitcoin today. If bitcoin goes down, you still get the same credit. If bitcoin goes up before launch, you get a refund of the difference or the option for more Emu.  Think about that for a second. Dan has basically given you a free BTC futures contract with no risk.

And yet people still think his intentions are somehow not to be trusted. smh

BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:42:21 AM

The exchange is being finalized. I believe Dan plans to have it at the official launch if not before. We have already tested Assets, they work and they are awesome, but they are not in OB1 currently.

The exchange is something that everyone is waiting for. And you are right, we need it to exchange Emu.

From an investment perspective, you realize the following (and if you don't please let me tell you)
A. You can wait until the launch and probably get Emu for the a decent price or perhaps the same price as early investors. So you can just wait until you see first hand all the features.
B. If you invest in BTC, your investment is protected. Meaning, you are given credit for the value of bitcoin today. If bitcoin goes down, you still get the same credit. If bitcoin goes up before launch, you get a refund of the difference or the option for more Emu.  Think about that for a second. Dan has basically given you a free BTC futures contract with no risk.

Thanks a lot for your information.

About B. Yes, I know this BTC protection, but I think it only applies to the end of pre-sale and I know only the option for more EMU, not the refund.

To be honest, one thing makes me quite hesitate in investing in EMU. The deadline has been missed many times. I think the first EMU post was in June last year, and then there's delay after delay, postpone after postpone. Now even the OB1 was delayed and we don't know the exact date yet. May I know why do you have confidence that this will not happen again after the presale? How about the DEX implementation has the same story and we can only see it in late 2014, when Mastercoin, counterparty, or even Etherium and Nxt dominates the market? Emule is an one-man show, and the progress of one man project usually is not predictable.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:00:17 AM

B. If you invest in BTC, your investment is protected. Meaning, you are given credit for the value of bitcoin today. If bitcoin goes down, you still get the same credit. If bitcoin goes up before launch, you get a refund of the difference or the option for more Emu.  Think about that for a second. Dan has basically given you a free BTC futures contract with no risk.

Thanks a lot for your information.

About B. Yes, I know this BTC protection, but I think it only applies to the end of pre-sale and I know only the option for more EMU, not the refund.

To be honest, one thing makes me quite hesitate in investing in EMU. The deadline has been missed many times. I think the first EMU post was in June last year, and then there's delay after delay, postpone after postpone. Now even the OB1 was delayed and we don't know the exact date yet. May I know why do you have confidence that this will not happen again after the presale? How about the DEX implementation has the same story and we can only see it in late 2014, when Mastercoin, counterparty, or even Etherium and Nxt dominates the market? Emule is an one-man show, and the progress of one man project usually is not predictable.

Nxt and Mastercoin were 1 man shows.

The reason I have faith is for many reasons, probably the #1 being professionalism.

Again, you can simply buy Emu once its launched. There have been delays, yes. But a DEX has never been created. So you are talking about a new technological breakthrough invention.
eid

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:46:36 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 10:35:11 AM by eid

So another emunie investor comes on here and instead of addressing my points, attacks my character with lies.

We have never spoken about my age and I am not 18 (nor anywhere near it). Since you lied about this, why should anyone take anything you say seriously, especially since your whole argument seems to rest on this (strangely) and most of the rest was invented by you?

Your strange accusation of me being poor (wasn't emunie meant to be for everyone?), followed by you being wealthy is completely irrelevant, but really shows your character and motives clearly.

The only time Visin and I argued about me censoring someone as a mod, was the case of LeoC. He had spent days trolling us, on the emunie forum and on here, which I didn't censor. In fact I attempted to engage him. But when he came on and called the emunie community a bunch of "fucking idiots", I decided a warning was in order. When I gave it, LeoC threatened Dan/Visin that he would reopen his "emunie is a scam" thread and Visin removed my warning under blackmail.

Dan then BANNED Leoc 2 days later.

This is all well known. You are a liar.

The only person I ever censored was Cossackman and that was only after the whole moderator team (those that made their views known) agreed it was necessary. This was done in the mod forum which you don't have access to. There was certainly no friction between Visin and I on the matter.

As for me not being a programmer or an economist, I've made this clear myself so there was no need to reveal this shocking secret.

Why is it that every single person who's come here to "defend" emunie has ignored my points entirely and attacked my character instead, with outright lies and false assumptions? If my points are invalid, say so. I haven't tried to back up my claims with evidence of my character at all so it's totally irrelevant.
eid

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:31:21 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 10:54:02 AM by eid

Now this I agree with. If, after the whitepaper is published and the exchange is written,implemented and tested, you don't mind the centralised nature of emunie, nor the hatcher-tax (50%), then this would be a good time to think about investing as you would then be making an informed decision.

Until then, it's merely a gamble.

BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:33:28 AM

This becomes really interesting now. I really don't understand why windjc choose to make up a lie about the age of eid. Seems ridiculous to me. Maybe he just mistaken eid with some other guy? Otherwise, at least one of windjc and eid has lied blatantly here. (Personally I don't think eid behaves and speaks like 18 years old.)
eid

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:41:30 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 10:53:08 AM by eid

This becomes really interesting now. I really don't understand why windjc choose to make up a lie about the age of eid. Seems ridiculous to me. Maybe he just mistaken eid with some other guy? Otherwise, at least one of windjc and eid has lied blatantly here. (Personally I don't think eid behaves and speaks like 18 years old.)

Oh windy knows very well I'm not 18 as I used to use a real photo of myself as my avatar (it's not there now).

Again, my arguments don't rely on my character or age. His apparently do.

I saw almost every interaction this kid had in the troll box while he was a part of the project.

If you look at the posting times in this guys history, and then at mine, you will see that we are on opposite sides of the world, and only overlap for a couple of hours.

Another lie.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:35:08 AM

Ouch... glad I read this, thanks eid.
eid

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:11:26 PM

I'm sorry but....

One more thing windjc. You were the person calling us cowards for leaving without explaining ourselves.

I have now done so.

I would have thought you'd be more grateful.
mrvegad

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:44:07 PM

Check it out for yourself

http://beta.emunie.com/
valdepretium

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:47:36 PM

The reason I have faith is for many reasons, probably the #1 being professionalism.

Again, you can simply buy Emu once its launched. There have been delays, yes. But a DEX has never been created. So you are talking about a new technological breakthrough invention.

OB1 beta client looks good, but without DEX.
Well I guess we have to be like a religion and have FAITH that he can deliver, because without the exchange it's just one big 100% pre-mine.
Emule

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:01:50 PM

OB1 beta client looks good, but without DEX.
Well I guess we have to be like a religion and have FAITH that he can deliver, because without the exchange it's just one big 100% pre-mine.

it is not even that.
mr_random (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:32:23 PM

Dan should make an official statement on this asap.
edok

Activity: 167

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:33:05 PM

This is just like that one Korean soap opera but instead of Koreans it's vengeful devs.

Companies start, things happen, relationships fall apart, it happens with almost every start-up. Any alt currency as an investment is a huge risk. Either take it or don't, no reason to get all worked up about everything.

okiefromokc

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:24:22 AM

Well this is not from Dan, but I am a beta tester and thought this should be posted and have Dan's approval to do so.  The screenshot is from my client phpMyAdmin and MySQL database and it lists the top all the hatchers for a 3 hour period in descending order this afternoon.  By the way this is my Hatcher wallet address :::  tTgBksMcczJxGy8e1PveiyxzQuy6mHYevz   

As you can see I am ranked #1 for a 3 hour period this afternoon.  You will also see in the right column the block Hatching / minute and how evenly it is distributed.  By the way my computer is a Dell Notebook i7 quad core, 8GB memory with an external eSata SSD and that is it.

BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:37:18 AM

Well this is not from Dan, but I am a beta tester and thought this should be posted and have Dan's approval to do so.  The screenshot is from my client phpMyAdmin and MySQL database and it lists the top all the hatchers for a 3 hour period in descending order this afternoon.  By the way this is my Hatcher wallet address :::  tTgBksMcczJxGy8e1PveiyxzQuy6mHYevz   

As you can see I am ranked #1 for a 3 hour period this afternoon.  You will also see in the right column the block Hatching / minute and how evenly it is distributed.  By the way my computer is a Dell Notebook i7 quad core, 8GB memory with an external eSata SSD and that is it.

Thanks a lot for the info.

But I think they discussed about the past and why Dan lied that time, not the current situation.
Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 01:50:04 AM

Please explain how its a lie when it was in fact a legitimate bug??

Said bug was caused by reducing the hop count of transaction requests to alleviate network load, which meant that hatchers were not getting a fair opportunity to take part.

Am I need to be accused of being a liar every time there is a bug, in beta software, that isn't launched?

Please....this is getting old and I'm getting tired of being professional about it!

Radix - DLT x.0

windjc
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:02:51 AM

Uh, no he shouldn't because if you were using OB1 you would see how absurdly untrue this accusation is/was.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:09:18 AM

I'm sorry but....

One more thing windjc. You were the person calling us cowards for leaving without explaining ourselves.

I have now done so.

Grateful?  Because you came onto bitcointalk to bitch? Because your accusations sound desperate? 

Like the fact that you imply that I couldn't have read all your troll box posts because we are on different sides of the world? There is an archive all all posts smh

Look, what is your agenda really? To warn people about emunie? If so, what is it that you feel they should be concerned about? I don't see anyone on here asking people to invest. All I see are people on here trying to answer peoples questions and let them know there is an open beta to test.

Meanwhile, you are bitching and complaining about how people are treating you.

Emule is complaining that the OB1 doesn't have the exchange. Yet, this is not new news. But, sure, spin it into a negative, right?

Are you just butthurt that you weren't treated the way you think you should have been? Or is there another agenda you have?

mrvegad

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:51:11 AM

Here is a pm between myself and Dan:

lol ya, i need to find a new hobby.

But its true, u don't believe me about the dat files. If u want i could post the chat where u said you ignored my "bugs".

never ignored, looked at that issue and fixed problems multiple times.

Continue to twist truths, chat logs and mis-represent all you like man, this train ain't stopping.  

With or without FUD, I'll succeed, all you and eid are doing is burning the eMunie name into more peoples minds.  Free advertising.

Here is a wallet I made called egg, it has a positive balance

Here is another wallet I made called ham, notice it has the same address as the egg wallet but it has a negative balance but it received a interest payment

Here is a third wallet I made called emu, it has a transaction of 1949.26698 which came from tCzrCZcuYsRm36CrC4dzBrb9TvdhnrGeVQ. But how?

Looks like it needs to be fixed again.

BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:51:19 AM

Said bug was caused by reducing the hop count of transaction requests to alleviate network load, which meant that hatchers were not getting a fair opportunity to take part.

Am I need to be accused of being a liar every time there is a bug, in beta software, that isn't launched?

Please....this is getting old and I'm getting tired of being professional about it!
He said the second hatcher does not belong to him but there seems be evidences saying otherwise.
Visin

Activity: 436

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:33:21 AM

Vegas, even 'I' can see the problem with your 'bug'.

They are the SAME address, they share the same funds, when you sent that transfer it comes from the address, not the wallet. The transfer worked because your address actually had that much emu in the address balance.

Is there anything else, or was that all?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
mrvegad

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:44:07 AM

Look again:
tCzrCZcuYsRm36CrC4dzBrb9TvdhnrGeVQ has a balance of 1949.89500 in one wallet and a balance of -1898.73340. How can the same address have two different balances?

The wallet with the negative balance also received a interest payment.

The last wallet shows that a payment of 1949 came from tCzrCZcuYsRm36CrC4dzBrb9TvdhnrGeVQ, so then why doesn't the payment show on the wallet called egg?
Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 04:44:27 AM

Ok lets put this so called bug that I never fixed which you keep crying about to bed...nice on the PRIVATE message paste btw, I see you are getting good at sharing private conversations....

Anyway, on to the matter at hand

So you've made a wallet and acquired 1949.8950 eMU....great!

Then I assume you did your usual trick of renaming wallets and moving keys around etc etc, that you did indeed report, so you have a second wallet with the SAME address but the wrong balance.  If it was a new wallet that you modified, you probably didn't change the created & modified timestamps, so when you loaded it, it only looks back up to the create time timestamp for transactions it may be missing.  This is why only the 50 eMU are there from the egg wallet, honest wallets don't need to look back any further than when they were created for obvious reasons, they are new and wont have any transactions anyway prior to that time.

Now Im guess that you further opened and closed various wallets around while making the transactions just to screw it up a bit more.

egg true account up till 7.20 PM: 1949.8950

ham hacked account never true: 50 - 1949 = -1899.00050

emu true account: received: 1949

So whats going on???  When you made that transaction from ham, the system used the keys for the wallet tCzrCZcuYsRm36CrC4dzBrb9TvdhnrGeVQ, which are the same keys as in egg.

If you notice, the interest cleared in ham, but it failed in egg, why?  Because to the system they are the same wallet, so it is not allowed.

The fact that you have messed around with wallets and copied names and keys around is mute, fact is the system knows those 2 wallets are the same because of the keys, so it rightly refuses you the duplicate interest payment.

The only reason that ham shows negative is because of the look back to creation time stamp as stated above, the balance calculation is wrong because as far as the wallet is concerned it isn't old enough for any more transactions so didn't look for them, that is all.

As for getting interest on the negative balance, interest is paid for the previous PERIOD, not the balance at that time.

Note: Before I get ripped there IS a bug right now that dishes you out interest as soon as you pay balance to a wallet on occasions

So in your wallets, the interest paid at 6:15 in egg is for the time period 4:15 to 5:15....the interest paid at 7:15 is for the period 5:15 to 6:15 and so on.

This is to allow for payments made and cleared, that might be delayed getting to you and so wouldn't calculate properly to the network when you submit the interest claim for that period.  Assume someone sends you a large payment at 7.14 which clears, but you don't a record of it until 7.20, your calculated interest claim would be wrong and be rejected.

Thus, the interest payment at 8:16 is for the period 6:15 to 7:15 and is correct and true.

Although also notice though that the balance has increased, why is that?  Because ham and egg have the same keys, when ham made the claim for interest, for the previous period, and it cleared, egg would also pick up that transaction, because it is the same wallet and add it to its balance.  Ham's balance is still wrong due to the explained situation of creation timestamps and not looking for transaction prior.

As for the egg wallet balance of 1950 you wont be able to spend that so again, no violation.

I hope now this can be put to bed, you are hacking wallets, I cant write code to stop that, but so long as the duplicate interest payments and various other things are correct, the system isn't being violated.

Radix - DLT x.0

mrvegad

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:55:02 AM

Moved keys around yes, open and closed wallets no, I have told you many times how I do this stuff.

So the extra 1949 emu I have doesn't bother you?
Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 04:57:12 AM

no because there is no extra. 

Didnt you read what i just wrote at all?

Radix - DLT x.0

mrvegad

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:01:22 AM

Yes I read it but I still have two wallets with 1949 in them when there should only be one wallet with 1949. Where did the emu wallet get its funds from?
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:05:29 AM

Yes I read it but I still have two wallets with 1949 in them when there should only be one wallet with 1949. Where did the emu wallet get its funds from?

Can you spend 3898 emu? If not, there is no extra.
Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 05:07:28 AM

look at the 2 interest payments, one of while failed, having IDENTICAL value...

they are the same wallet but because you have 2 wallets loaded which have the same keys, only ham is getting the new transaction information and updating its balance (which is wrong because it is missing previous ones).  Because that tx has been claimed by a wallet already it doesn't get passed on to the rest (whats the point right?) so egg never knows about it and cant change its local balance.

Radix - DLT x.0

mrvegad

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:19:37 AM

Yep, your right Dan, I was wrong. Nothing to see here, sorry I wasted your time.
Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 05:21:12 AM

Well, I did say Id fixed it quite some time ago.  Cheesy

Point for being man enough to apologize after all the shit.

Radix - DLT x.0

Emule

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:24:15 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 10:47:06 AM by Emule

you r not professional.

where is the source code for us to view? when will it be disclosed? so we can see some of your tricks ourselves.

where is a detailed white paper of your obfuscated code?

It is so easy to stop all the FUD by be open on it, but you cant you have to much to hide.

will there be a list with account addresses and how many emu they got from before startup?

How you going to pay taxes to the governement when income is BTC,LTC, etc, but I will ask that question to them myself.

is there any protection against bankruptcy of your company for the investors? I am asking becaus BTC,LTC,NXT,etc can not go bankrupt.

oh yeah and pay back my initial investment, mailing you for weeks now.

freigeist

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:19:46 AM

you r not professional.

where is the source code for us to view? when will it be disclosed? so we can see some of your tricks ourselves.

Hello Emule.
Can you tell me what OS are you using?

eid

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:54:37 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 12:44:22 PM by eid

Well this is not from Dan, but I am a beta tester and thought this should be posted and have Dan's approval to do so.  The screenshot is from my client phpMyAdmin and MySQL database and it lists the top all the hatchers for a 3 hour period in descending order this afternoon.  By the way this is my Hatcher wallet address :::  tTgBksMcczJxGy8e1PveiyxzQuy6mHYevz  

As you can see I am ranked #1 for a 3 hour period this afternoon.  You will also see in the right column the block Hatching / minute and how evenly it is distributed.  By the way my computer is a Dell Notebook i7 quad core, 8GB memory with an external eSata SSD and that is it.

When the event which I spoke about above happened, there were several people in the chatbox complaining that they were receiving next to no fees. Of course he then went and "fixed" it; it was now public.

I had brought this topic up a couple of times before (Peachy isn't aware of this, because he had only just joined). Dan and others argued that it was pretty much working as planned and "why should the network support inefficient hatchers" (slow computers). My point that he had marketed emunie as a product that didn't need expensive hardware ("it can be run on a phone!") when the reality was that 50% of all gains were going mainly to people with exactly that, was met by scoffs, and accusations from Visin of "greed creeping in already". Dan must have known at the time how huge the difference was between his hatchers and everyone else's.
This is why I made such a fuss when the truth was presented so clearly in an SQL query screenshot  (from Peachy; thanks for that) and it was only this public complaining, together with others disappointment, that the "bug" became recognised by Dan.

The (frankly ridiculous) accusations that I didn't understand what a prioritised queue was and was therefore "crying like a baby" were based on ignorance of the facts.

You might also notice that this "fuser" address isn't being used anymore. In fact I haven't seen it used since the event which I spoke of above. Dan has had 3 days to present evidence of this being wrong (another fuser address). I do hope he doesn't suddenly come up with one now.

Honestly I wonder if Dan's "fix" may have just been to stop his hatchers.
eid

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:17:45 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 01:19:08 PM by eid

never ignored, looked at that issue and fixed problems multiple times.

Continue to twist truths, chat logs and mis-represent all you like man, this train ain't stopping.  

With or without FUD, I'll succeed, all you and eid are doing is burning the eMunie name into more peoples minds.  Free advertising.

Dan, what you seem to be missing is that my goal was to present the truth (as I see it) about why I left emunie so that potential investors have all the information. I have fulfilled my goal long ago and am content that no one will buy emunie because of something I said.

Your crowd of unthinking yes-men have since turned this into a one-sided juvenile shit-flinging match, because they don't understand their own confusion on the matter and have converted it into anger. They have also been the ones shown to be spreading lies here. They present ludicrous accusations about my motives, then attack me for them. All they are attacking in reality is their own misunderstandings. Even when shown they were mistaken, they carry on the attack as if nothing had happened.

I can only suggest they follow this link and educate themselves on how to use reason:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_fallacy

If my points were invalid, they (or you) should have said so from the start and we could have all dropped this and gone about our business. They couldn't do that, hence their adolescent under-developed-emotional reactions.

If all this is "free advertising" for emunie, then fine. I can't save people from themselves.

mrvegad

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:41:18 PM

Sorry Dan but one last question on this wallet thing,

I restarted my client after seven hours and received an interest payment of 1.86957 at 6:10 AM on the emu that isn't there. I was able to get the balance pretty close to 1949 (which I can't spend as you mentioned). I sent the 1949 to another wallet at 7:24 PM so why am I getting interest payments at 9:16 PM and 10:34 PM?

eid

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:47:30 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 03:37:59 PM by eid

I'm sorry but....

I have now done so.

Grateful?  Because you came onto bitcointalk to bitch? Because your accusations sound desperate?  

Like the fact that you imply that I couldn't have read all your troll box posts because we are on different sides of the world? There is an archive all all posts smh

Look, what is your agenda really? To warn people about emunie? If so, what is it that you feel they should be concerned about? I don't see anyone on here asking people to invest. All I see are people on here trying to answer peoples questions and let them know there is an open beta to test.

Emule is complaining that the OB1 doesn't have the exchange. Yet, this is not new news. But, sure, spin it into a negative, right?

Are you just butthurt that you weren't treated the way you think you should have been? Or is there another agenda you have?

This will be my final reply to you, though you don't deserve even this. I note you've now left behind your lies about knowing my age.

1) The emunie chatbox archive only goes back about a month. Possibly because:

2) The feature was only activated about a month ago. Therefore you couldn't possibly have seen all my interactions, or even nearly so.

This is probably unsurprising to anyone reading this thread as you've shown yourself to be an honourless liar with an agenda.

3) Look at the title of this thread.

4) It's already been pointed out to you that the points I made don't rely on my character.

The rest of your post is just more vacuous emotive language designed to make me look bad. Honestly, I'm thinking about making a post listing my real faults and shortcomings (there are many). Then, once all you people have finished sniggering behind your hands at my misfortune and insulting me, you can go back, read my post, and realise it makes no difference whatsoever.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:24:23 PM

I'm sorry but....

I have now done so.

Grateful?  Because you came onto bitcointalk to bitch? Because your accusations sound desperate?  

This will be my final reply to you, though you don't deserve even this. I note you've now left behind your lies about knowing my age.

1) The emunie chatbox archive only goes back about a month. Possibly because:

2) The feature was only activated about a month ago. Therefore you couldn't possibly have seen all my interactions, or even nearly so.

This is probably unsurprising to anyone reading this thread as you've shown yourself to be an honourless liar with an agenda.

3) Look at the title of this thread.

4) It's already been pointed out to you that the points I made don't rely on my character.

The rest of your post is just more vacuous emotive language designed to make me look bad. Honestly, I'm thinking about making a post listing my real faults and shortcomings (there are many). Then, once all you people have finished sniggering behind your hands at my misfortune and insulting me, you can go back, read my post, and realise it makes no difference whatsoever.

It doesn't matter as you will quickly be forgotten.
jubalix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 06:48:29 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 12:58:50 AM by jubalix

egg & ham................................................sandwich!

sorry couldn't help it, anyhow this thread needs a bit of levity

Admitted Practicing Lawyer::BTC/Crypto Specialist. B.Engineering/B.Laws

https://www.binance.com/?ref=10062065
mrvegad

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:29:29 PM

egg & ham................................................sandwich!

sorry couldn't help it, anyhow this threat needs a bit of levity

Cheesy
Peachy

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 07:48:12 PM

I restarted my client after seven hours and received an interest payment of 1.86957 at 6:10 AM on the emu that isn't there. I was able to get the balance pretty close to 1949 (which I can't spend as you mentioned). I sent the 1949 to another wallet at 7:24 PM so why am I getting interest payments at 9:16 PM and 10:34 PM?

Here's a thought:
Why not post the followup bug in the official bug thread?   Cheesy
http://forum.emunie.com/index.php?/topic/1376-bugs-open-beta-bugs/

It helps to keep them in 1 place so Dan can focus on those listed.  

I know he answered your earlier query, but just want to be respectful of his time as well as yours since I'd hate to see others posting follow up questions on this thread and then feeling hurt that they weren't given preferential treatment towards resolving their immediate issues.

Thanks for your understanding.

mrvegad

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:14:10 AM

Here's a thought:
Why not post the followup bug in the official bug thread?   Cheesy
http://forum.emunie.com/index.php?/topic/1376-bugs-open-beta-bugs/

It helps to keep them in 1 place so Dan can focus on those listed.  

I know he answered your earlier query, but just want to be respectful of his time as well as yours since I'd hate to see others posting follow up questions on this thread and then feeling hurt that they weren't given preferential treatment towards resolving their immediate issues.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thank you for the suggestion
garcias

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:53:38 PM

you r not professional.

where is a detailed white paper of your obfuscated code?

It is so easy to stop all the FUD by be open on it, but you cant you have to much to hide.

will there be a list with account addresses and how many emu they got from before startup?

How you going to pay taxes to the governement when income is BTC,LTC, etc, but I will ask that question to them myself.

is there any protection against bankruptcy of your company for the investors? I am asking becaus BTC,LTC,NXT,etc can not go bankrupt.

oh yeah and pay back my initial investment, mailing you for weeks now.

Yeah we all know why you want the source code  Roll Eyes

Support DigiByte Smiley
DGB:DLLC7PPEZ7zxnB1RJd9hsvwr1HdJxFfGcb

this is a scam:
69.5 BTC

[/quote
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: