Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:56:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why have a bunch of the eMunie founders + familiar faces disappeared from eMu?  (Read 8061 times)
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:30:39 AM

I'm sorry but I have been beta tester of Emunie before Eid came along. I saw almost every interaction this kid had in the troll box while he was a part of the project.

I say "this kid" because Eid is 18 years old. He has no programming background, on economics background, not much life experience and very little money in which he could have invested in Emunie anyway. None of these things is necessarily bad, but as one that has owned several business and made millions of dollars from them, Eid and the way his mind works as a teenager never really impressed me.

Visin promoted him to forum moderator which shocked me frankly. Visin was looking for help and at the time Eid was a cheerleader and I guess Visin believed Eid would be good at the job. However, Eid was a poor moderator, one who constantly wanted to censor people. In fact, I remember multiple occasions where Eid and Visin sparred because Eid was wanting to warn and potentially ban forum members for criticizing Dan and the project.

Eid's behavior motivated me to ask him his age and how he found emunie and gather more information about him. Once, I understood these things I could explain better his behavior.

Eid leaving Emunie is not surprising. He is prone, as many teenagers are, to pretty severe mood/opinion swings. I think he means well, but his criticisms of Emunie are laughable.

Is Dan the best at personal PR? Nope. But at least he has the balls to not be anonymous. And he works harder than anyone criticizing him. As for all the other criticisms about Emunie, guess what? --> we will all find out, won't we?  In the next days, weeks and months to come, we will see if Eid's worries are founded or not.

I am betting the 18 year old is dead wrong. Smiley

And, by the way guys and girls, you can get answer to all your questions over at forum.emunie.com. Do a little research and reading for yourself. Asking 18 year olds to answer your business and technical questions is ridiculous.
In a debate, we should focus on the words rather than the people. You could argue which part of his arguments are not right and give solid evidences, and in my opinion that's way more effective than attacking people's age.

For example, could you confirm whether the DEX function has been implemented? If not, what was the timeline and whether the EMU trade-able before DEX is implemented? Could you help to clarify why Dan refuse to open source at least a little bit of his code?

We, as potential investor, care more about the facts rather than people's age.

I could answer those questions. Or I could tell you to go read the forum and do the due diligence that a wise investor would do.

Which is what I am telling you to do.

If you go read the forum and still have questions I'll be more than happy to answer any other questions you may have.

Actually I am a registered user there, and I've read most posts there but I still don't have the answers of my questions above. No beta tests have told us whether DEX is implemented or not and how EMU can be exchanged when there's no DEX yet.

The exchange is being finalized. I believe Dan plans to have it at the official launch if not before. We have already tested Assets, they work and they are awesome, but they are not in OB1 currently.

The exchange is something that everyone is waiting for. And you are right, we need it to exchange Emu.

From an investment perspective, you realize the following (and if you don't please let me tell you)
A. You can wait until the launch and probably get Emu for the a decent price or perhaps the same price as early investors. So you can just wait until you see first hand all the features.
B. If you invest in BTC, your investment is protected. Meaning, you are given credit for the value of bitcoin today. If bitcoin goes down, you still get the same credit. If bitcoin goes up before launch, you get a refund of the difference or the option for more Emu.  Think about that for a second. Dan has basically given you a free BTC futures contract with no risk.

And yet people still think his intentions are somehow not to be trusted. smh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:42:21 AM

I'm sorry but I have been beta tester of Emunie before Eid came along. I saw almost every interaction this kid had in the troll box while he was a part of the project.

I say "this kid" because Eid is 18 years old. He has no programming background, on economics background, not much life experience and very little money in which he could have invested in Emunie anyway. None of these things is necessarily bad, but as one that has owned several business and made millions of dollars from them, Eid and the way his mind works as a teenager never really impressed me.

Visin promoted him to forum moderator which shocked me frankly. Visin was looking for help and at the time Eid was a cheerleader and I guess Visin believed Eid would be good at the job. However, Eid was a poor moderator, one who constantly wanted to censor people. In fact, I remember multiple occasions where Eid and Visin sparred because Eid was wanting to warn and potentially ban forum members for criticizing Dan and the project.

Eid's behavior motivated me to ask him his age and how he found emunie and gather more information about him. Once, I understood these things I could explain better his behavior.

Eid leaving Emunie is not surprising. He is prone, as many teenagers are, to pretty severe mood/opinion swings. I think he means well, but his criticisms of Emunie are laughable.

Is Dan the best at personal PR? Nope. But at least he has the balls to not be anonymous. And he works harder than anyone criticizing him. As for all the other criticisms about Emunie, guess what? --> we will all find out, won't we?  In the next days, weeks and months to come, we will see if Eid's worries are founded or not.

And, by the way guys and girls, you can get answer to all your questions over at forum.emunie.com. Do a little research and reading for yourself. Asking 18 year olds to answer your business and technical questions is ridiculous.
In a debate, we should focus on the words rather than the people. You could argue which part of his arguments are not right and give solid evidences, and in my opinion that's way more effective than attacking people's age.

For example, could you confirm whether the DEX function has been implemented? If not, what was the timeline and whether the EMU trade-able before DEX is implemented? Could you help to clarify why Dan refuse to open source at least a little bit of his code?

I could answer those questions. Or I could tell you to go read the forum and do the due diligence that a wise investor would do.

If you go read the forum and still have questions I'll be more than happy to answer any other questions you may have.

Actually I am a registered user there, and I've read most posts there but I still don't have the answers of my questions above. No beta tests have told us whether DEX is implemented or not and how EMU can be exchanged when there's no DEX yet.

The exchange is being finalized. I believe Dan plans to have it at the official launch if not before. We have already tested Assets, they work and they are awesome, but they are not in OB1 currently.

The exchange is something that everyone is waiting for. And you are right, we need it to exchange Emu.

From an investment perspective, you realize the following (and if you don't please let me tell you)
A. You can wait until the launch and probably get Emu for the a decent price or perhaps the same price as early investors. So you can just wait until you see first hand all the features.
B. If you invest in BTC, your investment is protected. Meaning, you are given credit for the value of bitcoin today. If bitcoin goes down, you still get the same credit. If bitcoin goes up before launch, you get a refund of the difference or the option for more Emu.  Think about that for a second. Dan has basically given you a free BTC futures contract with no risk.

Thanks a lot for your information.

About B. Yes, I know this BTC protection, but I think it only applies to the end of pre-sale and I know only the option for more EMU, not the refund.

To be honest, one thing makes me quite hesitate in investing in EMU. The deadline has been missed many times. I think the first EMU post was in June last year, and then there's delay after delay, postpone after postpone. Now even the OB1 was delayed and we don't know the exact date yet. May I know why do you have confidence that this will not happen again after the presale? How about the DEX implementation has the same story and we can only see it in late 2014, when Mastercoin, counterparty, or even Etherium and Nxt dominates the market? Emule is an one-man show, and the progress of one man project usually is not predictable.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:00:17 AM

B. If you invest in BTC, your investment is protected. Meaning, you are given credit for the value of bitcoin today. If bitcoin goes down, you still get the same credit. If bitcoin goes up before launch, you get a refund of the difference or the option for more Emu.  Think about that for a second. Dan has basically given you a free BTC futures contract with no risk.

Thanks a lot for your information.

About B. Yes, I know this BTC protection, but I think it only applies to the end of pre-sale and I know only the option for more EMU, not the refund.

To be honest, one thing makes me quite hesitate in investing in EMU. The deadline has been missed many times. I think the first EMU post was in June last year, and then there's delay after delay, postpone after postpone. Now even the OB1 was delayed and we don't know the exact date yet. May I know why do you have confidence that this will not happen again after the presale? How about the DEX implementation has the same story and we can only see it in late 2014, when Mastercoin, counterparty, or even Etherium and Nxt dominates the market? Emule is an one-man show, and the progress of one man project usually is not predictable.

Nxt and Mastercoin were 1 man shows.

The reason I have faith is for many reasons, probably the #1 being professionalism.

Again, you can simply buy Emu once its launched. There have been delays, yes. But a DEX has never been created. So you are talking about a new technological breakthrough invention.
eid

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:46:36 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 10:35:11 AM by eid

So another emunie investor comes on here and instead of addressing my points, attacks my character with lies.

We have never spoken about my age and I am not 18 (nor anywhere near it). Since you lied about this, why should anyone take anything you say seriously, especially since your whole argument seems to rest on this (strangely) and most of the rest was invented by you?

Your strange accusation of me being poor (wasn't emunie meant to be for everyone?), followed by you being wealthy is completely irrelevant, but really shows your character and motives clearly.

The only time Visin and I argued about me censoring someone as a mod, was the case of LeoC. He had spent days trolling us, on the emunie forum and on here, which I didn't censor. In fact I attempted to engage him. But when he came on and called the emunie community a bunch of "fucking idiots", I decided a warning was in order. When I gave it, LeoC threatened Dan/Visin that he would reopen his "emunie is a scam" thread and Visin removed my warning under blackmail.

Dan then BANNED Leoc 2 days later.

This is all well known. You are a liar.

The only person I ever censored was Cossackman and that was only after the whole moderator team (those that made their views known) agreed it was necessary. This was done in the mod forum which you don't have access to. There was certainly no friction between Visin and I on the matter.

As for me not being a programmer or an economist, I've made this clear myself so there was no need to reveal this shocking secret.

Why is it that every single person who's come here to "defend" emunie has ignored my points entirely and attacked my character instead, with outright lies and false assumptions? If my points are invalid, say so. I haven't tried to back up my claims with evidence of my character at all so it's totally irrelevant.
eid

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:31:21 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 10:54:02 AM by eid

Now this I agree with. If, after the whitepaper is published and the exchange is written,implemented and tested, you don't mind the centralised nature of emunie, nor the hatcher-tax (50%), then this would be a good time to think about investing as you would then be making an informed decision.

Until then, it's merely a gamble.

BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:33:28 AM

This becomes really interesting now. I really don't understand why windjc choose to make up a lie about the age of eid. Seems ridiculous to me. Maybe he just mistaken eid with some other guy? Otherwise, at least one of windjc and eid has lied blatantly here. (Personally I don't think eid behaves and speaks like 18 years old.)
eid

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:41:30 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 10:53:08 AM by eid

This becomes really interesting now. I really don't understand why windjc choose to make up a lie about the age of eid. Seems ridiculous to me. Maybe he just mistaken eid with some other guy? Otherwise, at least one of windjc and eid has lied blatantly here. (Personally I don't think eid behaves and speaks like 18 years old.)

Oh windy knows very well I'm not 18 as I used to use a real photo of myself as my avatar (it's not there now).

Again, my arguments don't rely on my character or age. His apparently do.

I saw almost every interaction this kid had in the troll box while he was a part of the project.

If you look at the posting times in this guys history, and then at mine, you will see that we are on opposite sides of the world, and only overlap for a couple of hours.

Another lie.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:35:08 AM

Ouch... glad I read this, thanks eid.
eid

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:11:26 PM

I'm sorry but....

One more thing windjc. You were the person calling us cowards for leaving without explaining ourselves.

I have now done so.

I would have thought you'd be more grateful.
mrvegad

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:44:07 PM

Check it out for yourself

http://beta.emunie.com/
valdepretium

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:47:36 PM

The reason I have faith is for many reasons, probably the #1 being professionalism.

Again, you can simply buy Emu once its launched. There have been delays, yes. But a DEX has never been created. So you are talking about a new technological breakthrough invention.

OB1 beta client looks good, but without DEX.
Well I guess we have to be like a religion and have FAITH that he can deliver, because without the exchange it's just one big 100% pre-mine.
Emule

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:01:50 PM

OB1 beta client looks good, but without DEX.
Well I guess we have to be like a religion and have FAITH that he can deliver, because without the exchange it's just one big 100% pre-mine.

it is not even that.
mr_random (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:32:23 PM

** I'd like to ask Fuserleer if he's fixed the *bug* whereby his 2 hatchers receive at least 10x more earnings that everyone else?
The first time someone posted a chart of these earnings, there were 2 which had scores of approximately 300 each. The rest ranged from 30 to 0. Dan admitted the first was his. Then it was pointed out that the second one had "fuser" in the address (a vanity address). Dan claimed this wasn't his and made a show of asking for the private key from whoever it belonged to (no one came forward). This was supposedly a random event, coincidentally happening the first time anyone posted the charts.

What Dan failed to remember is that he had already, a few weeks previously, posted a screenshot of his vanity address with the word "fuser" in it.

This is where 50% of all gains will go, to these hatchers...

Dan should make an official statement on this asap.
edok

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:33:05 PM

This is just like that one Korean soap opera but instead of Koreans it's vengeful devs.

Companies start, things happen, relationships fall apart, it happens with almost every start-up. Any alt currency as an investment is a huge risk. Either take it or don't, no reason to get all worked up about everything.

okiefromokc

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:24:22 AM

** I'd like to ask Fuserleer if he's fixed the *bug* whereby his 2 hatchers receive at least 10x more earnings that everyone else?
The first time someone posted a chart of these earnings, there were 2 which had scores of approximately 300 each. The rest ranged from 30 to 0. Dan admitted the first was his. Then it was pointed out that the second one had "fuser" in the address (a vanity address). Dan claimed this wasn't his and made a show of asking for the private key from whoever it belonged to (no one came forward). This was supposedly a random event, coincidentally happening the first time anyone posted the charts.

What Dan failed to remember is that he had already, a few weeks previously, posted a screenshot of his vanity address with the word "fuser" in it.

Well this is not from Dan, but I am a beta tester and thought this should be posted and have Dan's approval to do so.  The screenshot is from my client phpMyAdmin and MySQL database and it lists the top all the hatchers for a 3 hour period in descending order this afternoon.  By the way this is my Hatcher wallet address :::  tTgBksMcczJxGy8e1PveiyxzQuy6mHYevz   

As you can see I am ranked #1 for a 3 hour period this afternoon.  You will also see in the right column the block Hatching / minute and how evenly it is distributed.  By the way my computer is a Dell Notebook i7 quad core, 8GB memory with an external eSata SSD and that is it.

BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:37:18 AM

Well this is not from Dan, but I am a beta tester and thought this should be posted and have Dan's approval to do so.  The screenshot is from my client phpMyAdmin and MySQL database and it lists the top all the hatchers for a 3 hour period in descending order this afternoon.  By the way this is my Hatcher wallet address :::  tTgBksMcczJxGy8e1PveiyxzQuy6mHYevz   

As you can see I am ranked #1 for a 3 hour period this afternoon.  You will also see in the right column the block Hatching / minute and how evenly it is distributed.  By the way my computer is a Dell Notebook i7 quad core, 8GB memory with an external eSata SSD and that is it.

Thanks a lot for the info.

But I think they discussed about the past and why Dan lied that time, not the current situation.
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 01:50:04 AM

Please explain how its a lie when it was in fact a legitimate bug??

Said bug was caused by reducing the hop count of transaction requests to alleviate network load, which meant that hatchers were not getting a fair opportunity to take part.

Am I need to be accused of being a liar every time there is a bug, in beta software, that isn't launched?

Please....this is getting old and I'm getting tired of being professional about it!

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:02:51 AM

Uh, no he shouldn't because if you were using OB1 you would see how absurdly untrue this accusation is/was.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:09:18 AM

I'm sorry but....

One more thing windjc. You were the person calling us cowards for leaving without explaining ourselves.

I have now done so.

I would have thought you'd be more grateful.

Grateful?  Because you came onto bitcointalk to bitch? Because your accusations sound desperate? 

Like the fact that you imply that I couldn't have read all your troll box posts because we are on different sides of the world? There is an archive all all posts smh

Look, what is your agenda really? To warn people about emunie? If so, what is it that you feel they should be concerned about? I don't see anyone on here asking people to invest. All I see are people on here trying to answer peoples questions and let them know there is an open beta to test.

Meanwhile, you are bitching and complaining about how people are treating you.

Emule is complaining that the OB1 doesn't have the exchange. Yet, this is not new news. But, sure, spin it into a negative, right?

Are you just butthurt that you weren't treated the way you think you should have been? Or is there another agenda you have?

mrvegad

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:51:11 AM

Here is a pm between myself and Dan:

lol ya, i need to find a new hobby.

But its true, u don't believe me about the dat files. If u want i could post the chat where u said you ignored my "bugs".

never ignored, looked at that issue and fixed problems multiple times.

Continue to twist truths, chat logs and mis-represent all you like man, this train ain't stopping.  

With or without FUD, I'll succeed, all you and eid are doing is burning the eMunie name into more peoples minds.  Free advertising.

Here is a wallet I made called egg, it has a positive balance

Here is another wallet I made called ham, notice it has the same address as the egg wallet but it has a negative balance but it received a interest payment

Here is a third wallet I made called emu, it has a transaction of 1949.26698 which came from tCzrCZcuYsRm36CrC4dzBrb9TvdhnrGeVQ. But how?

Looks like it needs to be fixed again.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: