Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:48:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect your wallet from hackers  (Read 31407 times)
Axetrd

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:23:03 PM

I'm personally bookmarked all sites about crypto,  also I'm using CryptoShield extension in Google Chrome just to not get phished. To access my wallets safely I am using Metamask. But there is nothing compare to hardware wallet, waiting a delivery and then transfer all my funds right there.
kkerrex

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:27:26 PM

Be sure to bookmark your wallet site so you do not run into a phishing site and never and never sign your private key when registering in airdrops. Ideally, the key is printed on paper. For good - use a separate computer only for operations with cryptocurrency. Do not surf on it and do not do anything else.
iyah adrian

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:34:37 PM

Hacker is a very dangerous one. What more hackers for our wallets. That is not very fun for everyone. For how to protect it, you should always be careful of suspicious links and you also do not have to daily check your wallet because it is a very dangerous thing.
Uhde

Activity: 616
Merit: 124

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:38:16 PM

you are saying there are some people that can not affort hardware wallet. but i dont think it is correct. hardware wallet is around 50 usd at the moment. any investor that invested in crypto more than 500 usd should buy a hardware wallet. it is not  a big deal.
Bunk67

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:40:23 PM

either you get hardware or you don't let your private key leak don't give put your private key trust nobody ,always make your private key safer

●  ●  ●    CryptoMarketAds    ●  ●  ●
►  Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketing  ◄
Norihiro

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

APOLLOX Protocol

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:41:41 PM

That's a good advice. But as for me - you should be aware how to use your PC in correct way to escape such problems Smiley if you do everything accurately and right - you'll hardly get any problem with hackers.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
blueteam09

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:43:23 PM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.
I will usually clear my browser history every time I log into the exchange. I sometimes log exchanges in incognito mode. Maybe that's the safe method that keeps me from losing money to hackers

chip1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:47:09 PM

Sometime they got hacked not because of using a normal wallet like MEW but coldstorage wallet like Trezor or Ledger. You should know that some people can't buy hardware wallet directly so they need to buy these wallets from another seller then they got hacked because their hardware wallet infected with virus installed by the seller before selling for these guys Smiley

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████
       █████████   █████  █████
      ███████████   ███  █████
       █████████   ███  █████
        ███████   ███  █████

Powered by,
Mr.Noda

Activity: 1344

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:47:25 PM

Use hardware wallets! the choice for the current moment is great from different manufacturers in different price segment!

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ MEGABSC ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████  HYBRID DEFI ON BINANCE SMART CHAIN  █████    FACEBOOK PAGE    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       MEDIUM      ███
Quincy01

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:52:37 PM

In my own point of view, I would rather write down my private key in a piece of paper and would try everything possible to avoid clicking on random links or opening of random mails, those are the only ways hackers can get through your system. Secondly, when I want to send or receive tokens, I verify properly before typing my private key on that particular platform.
atutay

Activity: 162

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:00:18 PM

The best thing you can do is to install metamask so that you don't need to import your PK everytime you trade to a certain exchange. And next is, never import your PK on exchange that you are not sure that are safe. And you can also consider using a different wallet for storing your tokens and wallet for selling it on exchanges.
Tigerw

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:05:34 PM

The best thing you can do is to install metamask so that you don't need to import your PK everytime you trade to a certain exchange. And next is, never import your PK on exchange that you are not sure that are safe. And you can also consider using a different wallet for storing your tokens and wallet for selling it on exchanges.
It seems to me that if your wallet became interested, then hackers will hunt necessarily. And if the hackers are interested, then there can be no protection.
lawalwealthofgod

Activity: 125

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 09:05:48 PM

Be careful of an airdrop you will be fill the form and don't mistakenly summit your private key to any bounty form and stop posting tokens to an unknown exchange
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:10:55 PM

I'm personally bookmarked all sites about crypto,  also I'm using CryptoShield extension in Google Chrome just to not get phished. To access my wallets safely I am using Metamask. But there is nothing compare to hardware wallet, waiting a delivery and then transfer all my funds right there.

Hacking is not possible without your permissions if you are careless with your wallet then hackers will be very easily hacks your wallet or anything , that's why I'm saying be prevented before something happening this is the only way available for people like us Against hackers.
Ayamj

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:24:19 PM

sometimes i do wonder ho careless some people get, i am alays very sensitive about any link i am clicking, i make sure the are very legit
mastadonballs

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:31:42 PM

For secure e-wallet like MEW, you need to bookmark the web address so that you can use it any time you want and avoid the phishing site. And the important thing is to store private key carefully, should write a paper or a notebook then when you need to type in instead of copy-paste, will ensure the safety of your wallet to be attacked by hackers.
rxkinglampung

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

Kerja Cerdas

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:38:16 PM

actually is simple to keep our wallet safe and not in collapse by irresponsible parties, that is:
1. Never give private key and important data of our wallet to others or public
2. Do not just click on a random site link, now a lot of people send an email containing a link where it is a link to give the virus to our device.
3. Do not arbitrarily menyiman important data, especially wallet data in online storage.
4. Use additional security on every account and wallet.

❐ VoxelX   ❐   
███ VoxelX- It's not an idea, it's a BETA  product ███
The Blockchain Powered Medical DICOM-Platform
DabsPoorVersion

Activity: 1246
Merit: 315

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:15:21 PM

I used hardware wallet, that is not being exposed in this forum, by hiding your main address, you can protect your wallet and also your savings from hackers. dont ever use the wallet you use on bounty campaigns.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

PAES23

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 11:52:28 PM

Beware of phishing sites and protect your private key make sure that it will not leak to anyone. Save your private key wherein you're the only one who can see it. it is your responsibility to protect your private key.
Casalania

Activity: 491

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:29:50 AM

many people suggests to use hardware wallet, but the question is, what if you dont have money to buy or even if you have money but you always use it and there is not enough budget to use to buy one.
you can use mew, it is safe, just keep your private keys into safety.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: