Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:43:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect your wallet from hackers  (Read 31411 times)
faithofb

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:13:12 PM

To make sure you private key or any form of login is kept offline to avoid any form of phissing or hack
$Darkloard$

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:17:41 PM

It is worthwhile to think about installing an operating system with a very high degree of protection, for example, Qubes, Unix or Linux. These are the most secure operating systems in the world. They are more difficult to crack and their configurations make them less vulnerable.
Handsome Boy
Copper Member

Activity: 812
Merit: 12

I ❤ ₿itcoin and Ethereum

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:29:59 PM

the way is you not to indiscriminately enter the private key wallet you have to the website that is not clear, so you are not exposed to phishing site (hackers).
cahkalem

Activity: 562
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:40:35 PM

store your private in the safest place on your home,,
i think its better to safe in offline place such as write it in the paper, but you need to write correctly
and do not give it to anybody
availcrypto

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:21:16 PM

Well, as the hacker are more active to hack your wallet and take the money. I will suggest you to keep your wallet offline when your transactions are done. It will keep you safe from the hackers.
MilesEldwin

Activity: 162

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:35:11 PM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.
I use MEW wallet. Cox it is easy to use. it's give us a freedom and secure the coins for the hackers.
burdagol12345

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:00:41 AM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.

Suggesting to use a Logder Nano S wallet, one of the secure wallet  where you can easily carry around. Much more safer and smaller compare to keepkey wallet.
Choii

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:05:53 AM

I think the best thing to do to protect our wallet from the hackers is use offline wallet or hardeware wallet like Ledger or Trezor that two wallet are safe because you don't need a internet connection to use that wallet, so which means the hacker can't access that wallet.

███    TWITTER    MEGATRON      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                     THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION                  LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM     WEBSITE           FACEBOOK      ███
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:16:04 AM

Never open a link sent to your email especially those that require to do this and that. It is also safer to always use metamask when doing transactions.
blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:19:57 AM

I use several wallets. I save the basic funds on the hardware wallet. to enter the reserve I use metamask. I plan to buy a separate laptop for offline transactions
Yeah, metamask is quiet secure for me. I also use JSON file to use other hardware wallet. Never use pv key to log in because I had experience lost asset of mew when I used PV key to log in. This was when I first time use mew. Now I prefer using metamask. It is more convinient.
vorseb

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:20:55 AM

Never doing something dumb like giving your private key, or click any suspicious link. I don't want to buy hardware wallet, you can buy or make Paperwallet which more safer and more cheaper than hardware wallet.
jassanpary

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:31:10 AM

Never open a link sent to your email especially those that require to do this and that. It is also safer to always use metamask when doing transactions.

Nowadays to protect our personal data is very challenging because of the hackers, to protect wallets use secured options like offline wallets. Use dedicated system for using the wallets like dedicated computers, OS and updated anti virus, don't entertain for ads, any other types of internet things.

.arianee ╢╟ Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
WhitePaper ◨ ◭ Ann Thread
Discord ►◄ Telegram ►◄ Reddit ►◄ Twitter ►◄ Instagram ►◄ Medium ►◄ Linkedin
Joriecoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:35:31 AM

Never doing something dumb like giving your private key, or click any suspicious link. I don't want to buy hardware wallet, you can buy or make Paperwallet which more safer and more cheaper than hardware wallet.
For me ,to be secured my earnings in wallet by hackers I supposed to read every link wether it's legitimate .And I'm using a lot of wallet to separate my earnings. Also I keep my private key in safe files and keep offline in the link.
geminamo

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 03:30:50 AM

One should use good quality physical wallet for storing coins. If you have invested a lot of money, split is in multiple devices.
andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:07:14 AM

If we are want to make safe on our wallet, better buying hardware wallet. But if we are using web wallet, better keep our private key safe and not sharing from others.
benjamin11

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:14:06 AM

The first step is to be careful to avoid careless mistakes. Change your password or passcode regularly and dont give it to anyone or post it to any of your social media accounts. If possible use an offline wallet or hardwallet because its more secure than online wallet. Use also several wallets in storing your crypto coins. Dont just rely on one wallet for all your coins.
BertoloyBTC

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:20:30 AM

Protecting your wallet from hackers is so very important, one thing you will do is take precaution as much as possible to protect your wallet because your wallet is so valuable, So avoid going into sites which are phising that might detect your private key , a do not expose much of your private key when making inquiry in your myetherwallet sites, and store your private keys securely away from open publics including your friends and relatives they might be tempted to do something bad, the secure of your wallet depend on your prevention.
berytry

Activity: 280
Merit: 18

@berytry

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:28:40 AM

yes you are right, we do not combine our eth address with private key, because it is very dangerous, for fear of later copy and paste. I suggest the same thing, in order to save the private key with different files, and do not forget the url bookmark always mew
Ojodibanned

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 04:30:24 AM

Hi guy, We have several ways to secure our wallet! With Mew i recommend user use the metamask, you can learn about metamask here https://metamask.io, it is free and safe!
in my opinion by being careful able to keep our wallets from hackers attacks. because the caution is able to minimize the chances of hackers attack. again for the wallet that we choose earlier is to see the security system. so for wallet security should take precedence and become number one.
PG13

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:36:04 AM

Good point. I will follow your recommendation as I can't afford yet to buy hardware wallet. I'm using etherscan to view my token to avoid using private key in every viewing as etherscan will only need wallet address for viewing.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: