Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:58:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect your wallet from hackers  (Read 31407 times)
Mofoblitz

Activity: 132
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:09:04 AM

Well this is a concern for many people as hackers seems to have improved in what they do and have gone miles higher in their hacking game, for you to stay safe from this group little effort is required form your side, avoid frequent log ins into your wallets, it makes it easier for the hackers to pick your keys.  do not share your private keys with anyone, you just never know who will e aking advantage of it. there are safer options like using hardware wallets, which can guarantee the safety of your wallets
AgentZero23

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 08:09:38 AM

The best way to protect your online wallet is to bookmark the legit url. Because if you don't then you can be a victim of phishing sites. And always look for the green lock beside the http. It means the site is secure.
minhnguyenqh8395

Activity: 163

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:13:24 AM

+ always use 2-step verification.
+ always set strong password, inclue special character.
+ Only open account if it neccesary.
+ use anti-virus to protect your laptop or computer.
+ Most important, use IOS. :v
veraoktav127

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:38:29 AM

I prefer not to store too many coins in my wallet and keep my passkey secret to avoid theft and we can also avoid opening our account on public computers

PHOENEX EXCHANGE                       
                               ● Taking Cryptocurrency Exchange to a New Height ●                               
TELEGRAMREDDITREDDITMEDIUMFACEBOOK   ◣WHITEPAPER   
MoonsGravity

Activity: 74

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:08:25 AM

Best tip is to secure your accounts and wallets through 2fa which has helped me in many ways ever since I joined this vast cryptocurrency world. The fact of the matter is that many hackers and scammers can easily access your wallets if they don't have advanced security in place which is why I recommend using hardware wallets or paper wallets which are way more secure than online wallets.

I got a new phone and so I cannot get into an exchange that had 2fa. They want me to take a picture and send it to them. Which makes no sense. Not even my id.
hakertajniak

Activity: 504

YOUC | John McAfee Supports

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:45:22 AM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.

In ETH, Use metamask. It is not required to buy like hard wallet. Metamask is a browser extension. You not required to copy paste your private key to use it.
If you have more money, just buy hardwallet, it is more secure. But if you dont have, just use metamask.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
maiiyeuvo

Activity: 292

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:58:00 AM

You should use the browser in incognito mode, install anti-virus software, anti keylog. Also, do not let anyone know your prativekey.

maiiyeuvo

Activity: 292

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:06:11 AM

Best tip is to secure your accounts and wallets through 2fa which has helped me in many ways ever since I joined this vast cryptocurrency world. The fact of the matter is that many hackers and scammers can easily access your wallets if they don't have advanced security in place which is why I recommend using hardware wallets or paper wallets which are way more secure than online wallets.
Good idea. But 2fa can only be used in the trading exchange, or the ico project site. 2fa can not be used for wallets MEW, NEO, WAVES.

eugenefonts

Activity: 364
Merit: 18

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:02:35 AM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.

I personally afraid of hackers too , and your right some investors or bounty hunters get displayed their token in public to attract symphaty or to become famous . I think they are ignorant because they dont know they are prone to hackers because you might be a target by them.

I personally segregate my tokens which has high value and high quantity in another wallet which is safe and very private wallet . Im using another wallet for bounty hunting and airdroping take note this wallet are prone to hackers thats why once i get my token i put them to another safe wallet. I personaly use im token wallet not mew.
kmil91712

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:08:28 AM

Very informative and the answers in this thread too. Thank you
briton

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:13:17 AM

the types of crimes in the crypto is indeed increasingly diverse. Including cannot be separated from the presence of hackers. An awful lot of cunning can be done by hackers. Using sophisticated technology, even not rarely hackers were able to break all of the important data on your pc. However, I myself have always done important data protection. For example, by giving a special key on the folder important data, so that it is not easy to open and access by anyone.
januri

Activity: 152

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:54:22 AM

in my mind, if protecting your wallet from hackers do not go to phishing sites and,
do not give your private key to others and maybe it will be better.

jeffbitcoin2018

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:57:36 AM

how to protect my wallet from hacker? just dont want to give my Private key and then i dont give any information about my wallet so tthey cant see it!! and then last to do no bounty or air drop will ask to give your private key adn keystore!!
Janienregado1992

Activity: 169

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:07:25 AM

to protect our wallet just dont give your private key or keystore to avoid hack!! and be sure that if you join and air drop!! aidrop dont want to get your private key or keystor!! if they need that ! that means scam!! and report it !!
BlackMoon258
Copper Member

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:20:17 AM

I have never been hacked or had crypto stolen, and that is because I take security very seriously. Here are my best options for securely storing my crypto:
- The paper wallet/ Cold storage
- The Hardware Wallet
Cryptomonyet

Activity: 1610

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:38:07 AM

Because I don't have hardware wallet or something, I just use a complicated password for it and also keep the private key in my secret book. and also i advice you should never show off the contents of your wallet to others because it could trigger others to steal your wallet.  Grin
bournekin

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:39:45 AM

I think it will be very difficult to avoid the hacker when you still store your wallet online. But, we can minimize it by making more than one wallet and store our private key offline. Additionally, using Metamask may be much better than the MEW.
But, if you have had more profits, it is better to buy the hardware wallet first.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
PeriKecilkitty

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:50:51 AM

in my mind, yes you are right, we do not combine the address us with a private key, because it's very dangerous, because I'm afraid if someone copied and stuck in the future. You also need to be more careful if you want to change your password and code. Do not give it to anyone. Better to use an offline wallet or hard wallet as it is safer than an online wallet. Also use some purses to store your crypto coins. Do not just rely on one wallet because it is also dangerous.
kingzonehtx

Activity: 88

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:59:22 AM

BTC is king, ETH is queen, I have not realized any money enough to beat bitcoin. The market is heavily dependent on bitcoin
agorist13

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:10:10 AM

The best way to protect yourself from hackers is, first, keep your funds off of exchanges after you have acquired your coins. Exchanges get hacked all the time and you also don't hold the private keys, so you are really at a security disadvantage. Second, buy a hardware wallet like ledger, trezor, or keep key. These are the most secure and convenient ways to hold your coins. Otherwise you could do a paper wallet. They just aren't convenient at all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: