Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:06:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect your wallet from hackers  (Read 31404 times)
salad daging

Activity: 1652
Merit: 796

Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2019, 10:55:00 PM

it was a good and reasonable suggestion but it was impossible for me to do it because I was a bounty hunter whose wallet address was always published in a spreadsheet
therefore I have a different way to keep my wallet from hackers by keeping my device from pishing links and always using metamask when opening my wallet

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cryptrx

Activity: 498
Merit: 1

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 11:02:28 PM

Hardware wallets are the best. The extra authentication and passwords it requires before your wallet can be accessed makes it impossible for hackers to gain access to your wallet.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND •
daniel2023

Activity: 616
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 12:05:09 AM

Many knows that code wallet are better but they can not afford, why should they do? Some public share wallet are also strong. What matter most is how you used it. Some amateurs mistakenly expose their private key or login in an unsecured sites. The under-listed scenario is very hazardous to wallet safety.   
Wong Gendheng

Activity: 1428
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 04:08:09 AM

Bookmarking the site that we always use for transactions is what I do, I don't want to type the URL directly because there are many malicious programs and this has proven effective until now.
ShowOff
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1181

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 05:06:25 AM

Bookmarking the site that we always use for transactions is what I do, I don't want to type the URL directly because there are many malicious programs and this has proven effective until now.
Found someone that do same thing with me  Grin, actually bookmark site that we always visit make us avoid phising site. Because some of phising site only have 1 letter different than real site that we want to open.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 05:23:00 AM

Found someone that do same thing with me  Grin, actually bookmark site that we always visit make us avoid phising site. Because some of phising site only have 1 letter different than real site that we want to open.
Even bookmarks will not be able to protect you in some case. It's not a direct wallet hacking. It is a kind of malicious program used when you send funds to someone. Your copy/paste clipboard can be affected by this malicious. You are sending BTC to your friends address but the malicious will change your clipboard address to hacker address and you will end up sending to the hacker address.
rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 05:29:07 AM

What is certain to do is to protect the wallet from hackers is to add some security to the device you are using. With that, maybe the level of security is certainly very difficult to crack. And also this which I think is important is to avoid unnecessary links. Because it will have the effect of being able to hack the device you are using.
Shadovka

Activity: 896
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 05:30:21 AM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.

I am sure no matter what precautions you do if you does not exercise healthy password storing for example sharing with people, signing on any websites that can be malicious sooner or later you will lose your wallet.

tetyulfania

Activity: 653

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 05:30:57 AM

You can protect your wallet from hacker by using google authicator on your online exchange and use offline wallet is better for saving your asset, most important thing always bookmark your exchange website for access it.
andra73

Activity: 430

terra-credit.com

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 05:31:29 AM

Even bookmarks will not be able to protect you in some case. It's not a direct wallet hacking. It is a kind of malicious program used when you send funds to someone. Your copy/paste clipboard can be affected by this malicious. You are sending BTC to your friends address but the malicious will change your clipboard address to hacker address and you will end up sending to the hacker address.
I thus found out that such a system exists. to my knowledge only some fake sites and those that could compromise a few large sites can create assets in our wallets are missing.

► TerraCredit ◄ ♦ TerraCredit - An Effective Alternative To Cash Since 2018 ♦ ► TerraCredit ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂| ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
btc78

Activity: 2492
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 05:37:42 AM

I segregated all my assets in crypto to many wallets,each wallets holds only 1-2 coins same with my tokens in this eay atleast i can prevent my folios from being hacked completely because i know the capacity of hackers they are great in this field so segregation is the best way to kep safer

ioanbtc

Activity: 459
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 06:09:38 AM

If possible buy and use a hardware wallet, will save your investment from hackers and 99% sure your coins will be safe if use the wallet corectly and never reveal passphrase to someone.

Boombull

Activity: 192

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 07:19:24 AM

If you're using web wallet, all what you need to do is to bookmarked the site in order not to fall into phising scam and as for your mobile app wallet, learn to keep its private key in a safe and well secure place.
sulendra12

Activity: 2814
Merit: 526

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 07:46:09 AM

Hardware wallets are the best. The extra authentication and passwords it requires before your wallet can be accessed makes it impossible for hackers to gain access to your wallet.
If it comes to password, still hackers could hack your password with bruteforce method even though it takes so long but they will do anything to digging the password one by one.

You can protect your wallet from hacker by using google authicator on your online exchange and use offline wallet is better for saving your asset, most important thing always bookmark your exchange website for access it.
Then if you lose your access on that authenticator then you also lose your money. 2FA isn't a only way to secure your assets.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Maria Dent

Activity: 74
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 10:36:45 AM

Cryptocurrencies have been in the limelight lately because of its market fluctuations and mesmerizing technological innovation. But to invest or trade in digital currencies, getting a cryptocurrency wallet is one of the major requisition. Without a wallet, there can be no transactions.

A crypto wallet works just like a bank account where we can store the transactions made, can use to send and receive digital currency.

As we know, having a digital wallet is not registered under the law of any country, we have to choose the cryptocurrency wallet for digitized transactions carefully. Selecting the wrong wallet might lead to your money loss.
trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 11:08:54 AM

Probably the most important thing to do is to be much more attentive than usual. There are always so many opportunities to hack you. But you must always be vigilant; this is the basis of the security of all that is in the world.
ShowOff
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1181

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 04:03:24 PM

About that, i think if we are make our computer always safe, not download anything from internet and maybe not do anything with computer that we use for wallet, no virus wouldn't come to our computer. I know hacker will have thousands way to steal from someone, but for changing address it is better to always look recipient address before we do some transaction.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
ZEIIMAN

Activity: 924
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 05:17:41 PM

For storage, I use a hardware wallet. I also use a separate computer to work with cryptocurrency and on my computer there is a Linux system. Also observe the safety of the Internet.
malphite534

Activity: 319

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 05:43:46 PM

For others not able to access your wallet you should keep your important information and be careful with your gadgets. and if you are in a different computer you should make sure that all data is cleared before you leave the computer shop. And just do not believe in just getting information.
matricaria

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 05:49:10 PM

There is not a lot of money in my wallet. I think hackers never want to break my wallet. I do not store large sums of money in one wallet.

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: