Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 12:47:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect your wallet from hackers  (Read 31412 times)
daporivera

Activity: 402
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2019, 10:09:37 PM

To ensure your wallet doesn't get hacked, avoid phishing site. Some of these sites steal information from you without your knowledge and lastly don't give your private key to anyone.

Code:
★      ★   ★     MoonConnect.net     ★   ★      ★
A Crypto with Democratic Token Distribution, Static Reflection and more
Nightz

Activity: 1302
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 07:20:43 PM

To ensure your wallet doesn't get hacked, avoid phishing site. Some of these sites steal information from you without your knowledge and lastly don't give your private key to anyone.

That is sometimes easier said than done. Th phishing sites are sometimes very clever. Even some exchanges have been faked and users typed in their credentials and lost everything.
Deborah Christine

Activity: 862
Merit: 284

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 06:18:32 AM

The save way to spared from hackers is use trusted bookmarks in your browser to access the wallet, dont access phising website, save cryptocurrency offline in the hardware wallet, dont use public network, secure the private key offline where the wallet is stored, and last limit the number of cryptocurrency on your exchange account.
Icologies

Activity: 994
Merit: 100

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 06:40:53 AM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.
what you say is true, provided we are careful when making transactions. I will only add a little, do not get carried away by installing a mobile application without much need, add two authorization identification factors (2FA) for all applications on the smartphone, and make sure to check the link on the official site of the project because it is very important and mostly hackers because carelessly enter unofficial sites.

monster2

Activity: 448
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 12:06:30 PM

it's simple to make a lot of wallets and split the contents of it and put it on another because we can not help hackers now, especially online transactions, especially in dealing with coins.

INVECH - SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE - INVECH (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5052844.0)
take_off

Activity: 396
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 07:20:30 PM

I simply shouldn't use my computer to log in to public wifi and unreliable wifi. Also avoid clicking on links of unknown origin
Impaler

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 08:13:32 PM

In this ecosystem wallets are the most important thing. Cause that is the bucket where we all keep our crypto. So the first thing if you have some extra money invest in a hardware wallet that is the safest option available. If you don't have then always use a official wallet or wallet recommend by the official. Always keep you key safe form the computer or the phone which you daily use. Make more than one wallet one for big holding and one for circulating your crypto like trade or something. And if you have to check you wallet chek it through any explorer don't open your wallet everytime.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
andika2018

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 10:08:24 AM

I think protecting your wallet from hackers is solely your own responsibility, you can do that by keeping your password and private key at a safe and secure place so no one else can access them.
Everyone should must aware of this, because its depend on you if how you avoid from the hackers, even if you have more wallet if you dont care its safeness then you will be hack.

I think as long as we can store our private key safely and not spread it to others, our wallet will be safe. In addition, we must be aware of the emails sent to us because sometimes there are suspicious links.
Chinsmokers

Activity: 403
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 02:09:45 PM

One of the best protection for me if you are using a free to use wallets such as MyEtherWallet, is avoid going to untrusted sites on the net. use metamask or other authenticator that can help protect your wallet from harmful hackers. Antivirus can also helps you to protect your account from hackers on online  right now by the help of there secure identity feature. And you must also save your private key for your best.
Drai

Activity: 567
Merit: 270

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 02:31:25 PM

I saw something about not copying and pasting your private key and I want to add something to that... If you must copy and paste your private key, never use third party keyboards, always ensure that you use only Google keyboards in your devices.

nhamoitruonghoc

Activity: 104
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 02:45:07 PM

I saw something about not copying and pasting your private key and I want to add something to that... If you must copy and paste your private key, never use third party keyboards, always ensure that you use only Google keyboards in your devices.
You will be fine if your devices (computers, laptops, mobiles) are safe and not infected. I have one thing to add here. You should not store your private keys, passwords, and important things online, on cloud storage services. They are unsafe, in my opinion. Sometimes sychronisation help you feel more convenient, and save time, but this process is unsafe too. I try to avoid using them.
Bravext
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 03:47:52 PM

I want to add a little bit of advice as well... Stay away from web wallets and untrusted wallet providers, only use mobile applications or trusted extensions like Metamask and never ever download them from an untrusted source.
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 07:53:37 PM

Everyone should must aware of this, because its depend on you if how you avoid from the hackers, even if you have more wallet if you dont care its safeness then you will be hack.
it would be better to avoid this problem by reducing the risk of being smaller. saving in many wallets will reduce the value of our assets. obviously it reduces the interest of hackers to the assets we have. if the amount is small, of course they will not laboriously hack.
but indeed it's better for us to do more security for our wallet. like saving on a wallet offline. or store the online wallet key correctly.

maybe you are right. seperating your belongings to several wallets may be useful. but if you access to your all wallets from same device, it is still risky i think. because if your device is hacked, all wallets will be hacked too.
nhamoitruonghoc

Activity: 104
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 12:42:11 PM

How to protect your wallets from hackers? This question is answered simply like this:
1. You should have two devices:
-  One for installing your wallets. Nothing more than wallets. Don't use it for web surfing, whatever things. This device (laptop/ computer) serves its only use case: just for wallets.
- One for other things: tradings, web surfing, entertainments, searching and reading news, etc. Don't install wallets or store backups of your wallets in this device.
2. Having good habits on internet
- Don't visit unhealthy sites.
- Don't careless click on unknown links, unknow emails.
- Don't join strange groups.
- and so on.
Leema
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 01:41:09 PM

The best way to protect your wallet from hackers is keeping your privat key safe. I won't advise storing the private key on mails, chat etc. Most wallet would advise to safely write them down.

meleonk

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 06:53:10 PM

The most important mistake of all newbies is that, due to their inexperience, instead of the address of the wallet, they often enter their private keys into various Google forms. If you do not do this and put a good antivirus on your computer for additional protection, I think there will be no problems.

Rikotin

Activity: 296
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 07:24:00 PM

surely I keep my private key in a safe place. and never give your private key to everyone. on the other hand do not be careless in using it I mean in accessing it.
ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 07:30:44 PM

As far as I understand, hacking a wallet can only happen if you have either visited a phishing site, or if a hacker has gotten more access to your PC where you have access to your wallet. In this case, I would recommend to ignore suspicious contacts, as well as not to visit unknown sites as much as possible, not to open links and not to download files. It is also best to keep the official sites of all the resources you need. I believe that this will help you save your wallet and funds from scammers.
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2019, 08:53:29 PM

Having two seperate wallets, where you use one for exchanges being sent to other people and afterward the other ones will simply be used for the storage of your coins. I might likewise want to include that people should be more careful when they are visiting websites, consistently make sure that the url is the correct one before you put in your private key to access your wallet so your data does not get stolen. Remain safe out there everyone

tiedcoin

Activity: 89
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 06:21:46 AM

•   Always use two-factor authentication.
•   Try to have at least two digital wallets. One can be used for trading and transactional purposes, and another one can be used for storing coins and kept in a secure location.
•   Dangerous websites and risky Wi-Fi network can put your crypto wallet at risk. So, never use public Wi-Fi as hackers can log into your wallets, accounts, or exchanges on-the-go.
•   Whenever you use a web wallet, make sure that there is SSL security mask in the address bar of the browser.
•   Also, keep all your private keys offline.     
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: