Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:20:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Catcoin - 0.9.1.1 - Old thread. Locked. Please use 0.9.2 thread.  (Read 130908 times)
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:40:18 PM

Get those hashs on the new nodes forks, I suggest using p2p nodes beside pools who have updated to the latest wallet, and please spread those hash to prevent any possible issues (51% for example)
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zuludrag

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

I speak: LT, RU, EN

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 09:46:56 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 10:04:04 PM by zuludrag

Just sent some coins to cryptsy with old version of qt. Will they be lost? I see them in old block explorer, but can't see it in new one...

Edit: coins where mined about 2 months ago - so they where on correct fork.

Edit1: Just now transaction appeared in new fork too Smiley On old fork it's in 27276 block, and on new fork it's in 27267 Smiley So, how it will solve out? Smiley

SlimePuppy

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 09:47:25 PM

Get those hashs on the new nodes forks, I suggest using p2p nodes beside pools who have updated to the latest wallet, and please spread those hash to prevent any possible issues (51% for example)
Damn good idea, kuroman - thanks!

My ~2M is on Geekhash.  Blaksmith just moved some hash to TheQueen74's place.  Others have spread to a couple of P2 nodes.  I brought some leased hashing to Coinium.

So far, though, things are looking very good.

Andy
SlimePuppy

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:27:50 AM

PID is starting to home-in on 10 minute blocks now, folks.  So far so good! \o/
Theodor Pohlmann

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:12:31 AM

Someone dump a lot in Cryptsy and the price drop to 0.0001XXX, this coin seems going to die soon. I slowly lose the faith, loss more than 5btc in this shit coin.
catoshi

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:23:19 AM

The price is up +25.93 % today on Cryptsy.  Looks like its going to mars..

CATS RULE - DOGS DRULE!
raveneye

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:35:45 AM

Just sent some coins to cryptsy with old version of qt. Will they be lost? I see them in old block explorer, but can't see it in new one...

Edit: coins where mined about 2 months ago - so they where on correct fork.

Edit1: Just now transaction appeared in new fork too Smiley On old fork it's in 27276 block, and on new fork it's in 27267 Smiley So, how it will solve out? Smiley
It should confirm correctly on the new fork and be forgotten on the old fork.  Transactions published on the network are still being accepted by both versions of the daemons.  Once a miner mines the transaction into a block using each version, it gets added to each fork.

I just had a post-fork deposit to Cryptsy appear on both forks.  I has confirmed at Cryptsy and was available for trading.
raveneye

Activity: 122

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:48:42 AM

It may be a bad omen that Cryptsy's CAT link to a block explorer is reporting 8.9.10:
http://altexplorer.info/chains/CAT/block_crawler.php
SlimePuppy

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:56:23 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 05:53:38 AM by SlimePuppy

It may be a bad omen that Cryptsy's CAT link to a block explorer is reporting 8.9.10:
That's a third-party explorer.  They claim to be 'synchronized' with Cryptsy and we don't yet have confirmation from Cryptsy that they've updated to V0.9.0.

That's why we advised earlier to not trade on Cryptsy until we know for sure they're updated, and to use the known-good charts and block explorer we have running.

DEV FLASH

Ok CATs, here's the latest official update on our transition to our new CAT environment.

Our hard-fork completed successfully at block 27260.  While we expect the code to lock-in and reliably track 8-10 minute blocks, it will not adjust instantly.

As (unfortunately) expected, the block explorer and charts at catcoin.biz are NOT updated.  Do not rely on those tools.

We have a block explorer running here:  http://blocks.catstat.info:2750/chain/Catcoin
And a chart available here:  http://www.catstat.info/
Please use these tools - they are the only ones known to be updated and accurate.

It appears that there are still enough old clients/wallets/pools in the wild and that they are on their own fork.  As of this writing, they are on block 27275 rather than 27266.  Given some time they'll be locked out of the network.

Exchanges:  Cryptsy was the first pool or exchange notified of the hard fork and as of this writing they still have not responded to the trouble ticket requesting that they upgrade.  We do not recommend sending coins to them or withdrawing coins from them until they confirm they have upgraded.  I still have a trouble ticket open with them from January and am still missing more than 144 CAT from the old fork-fest that Cryptsy hasn't found.  Please don't risk your coins until we know for sure.

DEV FLASH

The fork is resolved - we're on block 27281 now.

Also - the last three blocks have been long.  The fork happened during the fast blocks and there are still some very fast blocks affecting the PID's 8 block average.  Things should continue to move toward regular 10 minute blocks as the old blocks 'fall off' the average.  Steady progress...  Wink
SlimePuppy

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:02:48 AM

The GeekHash pool just fell off the network and that is affecting the CAT block time/difficulty charts posted at catstat.info.  Blaksmith's working on it now - it looks like a network problem, not a pool hardware issue.

In the mean time, the folks at Coinium have some excellent charts here:
http://cat.coinium.org/index.php?page=statistics&action=graphs

Andy

edit...that didn't take long.  GeekHash and the charts are back up - datacenter network problem.

zuludrag

Activity: 396

I speak: LT, RU, EN

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 08:58:04 AM

I just had a post-fork deposit to Cryptsy appear on both forks.  I has confirmed at Cryptsy and was available for trading.

Ufff... Everything worked right Smiley My CATs are available for trading in Cryptsy  Cheesy

etblvu1

Activity: 213

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:42:22 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2014, 05:04:20 AM by etblvu1

Update from Etblvu1

As the developer of the Catcoin Interactive Simulator, frequent contributor of ideas, and holder of Catcoins, I am sad to announce that effective today, I am no longer able to continue monitoring or participating in the #catcoin-dev channel, which has apparently ceased to be open to the public. This was made clear to me, when I saw a message in my IRC client that reads:

03[19:06] * You were kicked by SlimePuppy (meeting)

I did not say or do anything that could remotely be construed as violating any rules, and this occurred while I was sleeping. So this is purely my being removed by physical force from the channel due to the intent to hold a secret meeting. I do not know what was discussed at this secret meeting, but I do know that the difficulty level went from 14 to 140 in one step (and now is up to 258), indicating perhaps something is not working right with the new PID algorithm.

I have been following and keeping an eye on the #catcoin-dev channel which has been open to the public since I was invited to join it around January 12, 2014. I have made numerous observations, comments, and suggestions, all in an effort to help the Coin succeed. There have been discussions and disagreements about the best strategy to regularize the blocks and reduce incentives for profit hopping pools to destabilize the coin network. I believe such discussions are legitimate, but my ideas have been met with ridicule, allegations that I lack experience/qualification as a developer, and numerous insults and threats, and attempts to suppress the expression of the ideas, primarily from the same SlimePuppy. These were early warning sign for me. Ongoing insults and derogatory comments and threats (also almost entirely from SlimePuppy) contributed additional warning signs that took most of the joy out of work on the coin, but I tried to ignore them as harmless personality artifacts of a colorful character. Being physically forced out was the final straw.

I will not participate in a sham of an open channel where abuse of power takes place. Catcoin has apparently entered an era of less transparency and greater use of arbitrary force to keep development discussions secret, and suppression of dissenting views in a thug-like manner. I would tend to say this is a problem with the one thug-like character, except that there appears to be tacit acceptance of this behavior by others who should know better, especially by granting of powers such as to post 'officially' and channel operator powers.

I believe Catcoin has great potential, and will consider its future potential separately from unprofessional management conduct I have seen. Teams may come and go (we are technically at team #2, which assembled after the original developer resigned), but the coin will remain. I want to acknowledge here also that there are individual members who contribute valuable efforts to keeping the coin alive (or else the could would probably not be around anymore), and they will no doubt be invited to join any future teams that assemble to keep the coin alive, if/when this management scheme falls apart as it probably will due to unprofessional, thug-like conduct by its "official" spokesperson SlimePuppy.

I am not certain this posting will remain up for very long - thug-like conduct may extend to deleting posts that don't fit the official agenda. So you may want to save a copy of this post, if it seems significant to the history of the Coin.

I believe Catcoin will emerge strong some day when thug-like behaviors come to an end, whether by reform or replacement of the management team. In the meantime, I will be more vocal in this forum perhaps in the role of an advocate for Catcoin supporters and investors who have felt alienated, feel left out, cajoled, ridiculed, attacked, etc., in a thug-like manner, and who would like to see a more professional, constructive, inclusive approach in the future.

Thank you,

Etblvu1
c-cex
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 07:48:42 AM

Catcoin added for voting at c-cex.com exchange! https://c-cex.com/?id=vote

CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com
skillface

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:16:06 AM

Update from Etblvu1

-snip-

Thank you,

Etblvu1

Really? Are we really doing this crap again? That goes for all parties involved.
hozer

Activity: 271
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 03:04:37 PM

Update from Etblvu1

-snip-

Thank you,

Etblvu1

Really? Are we really doing this crap again? That goes for all parties involved.

Slime and ET are having a catfight, because we have obviously not been watching enough cat videos around here.

Lighten up, it could be worse, we could be a *serious* coin and take this seriously serious seriousity to a new level and be like Bitcoin.
SlimePuppy

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:56:46 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2014, 05:40:24 PM by SlimePuppy

Skillface - there's no 'we' doing this crap.

Last night from approximately 2109 to about 2217 central time, I held a meeting to look at marketing and wallet development.  I announced the meeting in the channel and then kicked the three lurkers that are not part of the development team.  The list of those individuals on the dev team can be found in the first post of this thread.

I closed the virtual doors for this hour because frankly I've tried on two previous occasions to get this work done and it's been disrupted both times.  The catcoin-dev channel is our house, but for various reasons we've been forced to work in private channels, via telephone, email, and TeamSpeak.  If the dev channel is to be a useful place, we need the ability to work in our house.  And yes - that means that on occasion we have the right to close windows and doors if we see fit.

If anyone has a problem with that, please bring it to the channel, or to me, hozer, or Maverick via phone, fax, email, or PM.

Thanks.
Andy
SlimePuppy

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:39:30 PM

DEV FLASH

That's a third-party explorer.  They claim to be 'synchronized' with Cryptsy and we don't yet have confirmation from Cryptsy that they've updated to V0.9.0.

That's why we advised earlier to not trade on Cryptsy until we know for sure they're updated, and to use the known-good charts and block explorer we have running.

We have written confirmation that Cryptsy has updated their catcoind to V0.9.0-PID.

I have no idea how long it will take for the altexplorer to update, so still recommend using the charts and block explorer from known good sources:

http://www.catstat.info/
http://blocks.catstat.info:2750/chain/Catcoin

DEV FLASH
Painful Truth

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:42:26 PM

The price is up +25.93 % today on Cryptsy.  Looks like its going to mars..

Already down. Looks like its below 0.0001 soon. Buying opp?
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:29:43 PM

I'm stuck on block 27309. Got the new wallet. Any tips?

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
COMKORT

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 07:48:55 PM

Catcoin was added to voting at COMKORT exchange.

Good luck!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: