Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:21:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ALIAS (prev. XSPEC) | Anonymous | PoSv3 & PoAS | Tor | Ring Signatures  (Read 36058 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (6 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Beachguy2

Activity: 62
Merit: 11

Spectrecoin Community Manager,prev acct hacked

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:26:43 PM

I was already wondering why the price has increased.
Is this the beginning of a great marketing campaign?

It's the revival of the best privacy coin in crypto....much more to come in tech, website, and marketing.
all thanks to Mandica returning to resume management of Spectre [xspec].
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:17:30 AM

MANDATORY update to Spectre v2.0.4
https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre/releases/tag/v2.0.4

This is a major release and a MANDATORY update to the Spectre software! This update involves consensus changes and you MUST update your wallet software before: 21/08/2018 (21th August 2018) @ 2200 hours (GMT)

If you do not update your wallet software you will no longer be able to connect to the Spectre network and you will no longer be able to conduct transactions on the network and you will no longer be able to deposit or withdraw your funds (XSPEC) from the exchanges. New binaries for Mac and Linux will be released shortly and further information about the update will be in the next newsletter. There should be plenty of time to update your wallet and sort our any issues.

On github there are 2 version of the Windows wallet listed in the latest release of v2.0.4,  "Spectre-2.0.4-Win64.zip" and "Spectre-2.0.4.2-WIN64.zip", which one is the one that should be used ?
LuckySpectrecoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:53:33 AM

Rkh in the Russian forum wrote this: «for correct operation of Ring Signatures - certain conditions and actions are required, some of which are cardinal, and some are modifications.»
 What did he mean? Ring signatures do not work automatically? What certain conditions did he have in mind?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
     TOR+OBFS4 ● Ghost ProtocolAvailable on Bisq.io    
romeshomey

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:10:41 AM

This is a major release and a MANDATORY update to the Spectre software! This update involves consensus changes and you MUST update your wallet software before: 21/08/2018 (21th August 2018) @ 2200 hours (GMT)

If you do not update your wallet software you will no longer be able to connect to the Spectre network and you will no longer be able to conduct transactions on the network and you will no longer be able to deposit or withdraw your funds (XSPEC) from the exchanges. New binaries for Mac and Linux will be released shortly and further information about the update will be in the next newsletter. There should be plenty of time to update your wallet and sort our any issues.

On github there are 2 version of the Windows wallet listed in the latest release of v2.0.4,  "Spectre-2.0.4-Win64.zip" and "Spectre-2.0.4.2-WIN64.zip", which one is the one that should be used ?

I can't get either of the windows versions to work.  Both load and then I get a blank white box..  Haven't figured out the cause or resolution yet.
BAD_R

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:16:55 PM

Wallet working perfect on Windows 10
took a hole day to sync but got it in sync
nknarula

Activity: 60

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 01:53:44 AM

Hello everyone! Just wondering where I can find the release schedule and a place where I can find a staking calculator? I looked around for a good while before bugging you here, thank you very much for any info. Best regards.
Bitman86

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 04:56:29 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2021, 03:51:38 PM by Bitman86

Hello everyone! Just wondering where I can find the release schedule and a place where I can find a staking calculator? I looked around for a good while before bugging you here, thank you very much for any info. Best regards.

You can always see the latest update along with the previous versions here:

https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre/releases

You can make a calculation formula for staking, very simple with these considerations:
You get 2.20 XSPEC together every time, that is, you do not get 1 and then again 1 ...
Another data is 5% annual interest and also here we must consider that in general it will be greater than 5% because not everyone does staking at the same time.

So let's say we call Q the amount of XSPEC that you can get to do staking, then it gives you, in a year a amount that we can call N

N = 0.05 * Q  (N = annual gain in Xspec)
Per month:
N / 12 =(0.05 * Q) / 12 if we call G = N / 12 then it looks like this:

G = (0.05 * Q) / 12 monthly gain in XSPEC

passing 0.05 and 12 to the first member:

G * 240 = Q

Then you can say, I want to earn 100 XSPEC per month, so G = 100 and you should have Q = 100 * 240 = 24000 XSPEC.

But remember that the necessary value will always be somewhat lower than the one calculated with 5%. (you will really earn more than 5%)

Follow me on Twitter to get free ALIAS: https://twitter.com/LeoBitman
xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:04:30 AM

Yes!!!
XSPEC 2moon ;-)

A nice game of pump and jump. You can see the chart on the coinmarketcap.
der_meister

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:54:32 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2018, 09:24:14 AM by der_meister

On github there are 2 version of the Windows wallet listed in the latest release of v2.0.4,  "Spectre-2.0.4-Win64.zip" and "Spectre-2.0.4.2-WIN64.zip", which one is the one that should be used ?

I can't get either of the windows versions to work.  Both load and then I get a blank white box..  Haven't figured out the cause or resolution yet.

I'm also have troubles running ANY version after 1.3.5. They crash on start up with error about missing dll:

EDIT: found the soluition! It needs to be installed Visual C++ Redistributable 2015. It doesn't work with 2017. Also, if you have 2017 you must uninstall it first, because 2015 installer shows an error. Download link - https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Moving on is a simple thing,
what it leaves behind is hard...
romeshomey

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:27:53 PM

On github there are 2 version of the Windows wallet listed in the latest release of v2.0.4,  "Spectre-2.0.4-Win64.zip" and "Spectre-2.0.4.2-WIN64.zip", which one is the one that should be used ?

I can't get either of the windows versions to work.  Both load and then I get a blank white box..  Haven't figured out the cause or resolution yet.

I'm also have troubles running ANY version after 1.3.5. They crash on start up with error about missing dll:

EDIT: found the soluition! It needs to be installed Visual C++ Redistributable 2015. It doesn't work with 2017. Also, if you have 2017 you must uninstall it first, because 2015 installer shows an error. Download link - https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=48145

That isn't my issue, I already have 2015 installed.  I don't get any error messages when I run the wallet, but I also don't see anything.  This is what I get lol..  fyi Windows 10 64-bit

X4s

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:29:51 PM

Yes!!!
XSPEC 2moon ;-)

A nice game of pump and jump. You can see the chart on the coinmarketcap.

correct, it's falling again.
Huent142

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:32:14 PM

Hi, I'm wondering what purpose does the blockchain have in your project?
Cuantic

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 07:49:42 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2018, 08:04:05 PM by Cuantic

You can always see the latest update along with the previous versions here:

https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre/releases

You can make a calculation formula for staking, very simple with these considerations:
You get 2.20 XSPEC together every time, that is, you do not get 1 and then again 1 ...
Another data is 5% annual interest and also here we must consider that in general it will be greater than 5% because not everyone does staking at the same time.

So let's say we call Q the amount of XSPEC that you can get to do staking, then it gives you, in a year a amount that we can call N

N = 0.05 * Q  (N = annual gain in Xspec)
Per month:
N / 12 =(0.05 * Q) / 12 if we call G = N / 12 then it looks like this:

G = (0.05 * Q) / 12 monthly gain in XSPEC

passing 0.05 and 12 to the first member:

G * 240 = Q

Then you can say, I want to earn 100 XSPEC per month, so G = 100 and you should have Q = 100 * 240 = 24000 XSPEC.

But remember that the necessary value will always be somewhat lower than the one calculated with 5%. (you will really earn more than 5%)

I downloaded the latest Version 2.0.4.2 and it works very well on my Win10.
The formula for staking is easy to use. Thanks @Bitman86.

If you already have Q XSPEC then you can say:

G (monthly profit) = Q / 240

Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:25:39 AM

I dwld the newest qt wallet 2.0.4.2 and try to find out my private key via console with dumpprivkey

wallet is encrypted and currently locked on my win 8.1

1. walletpassphrase <wpassphr> 60
then the wallet immediately close

any ideas? anyone got the same problem? thanks.

Please report the bug on Github: https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre/issues

Unfortunately there seem to be a lot of instabilities in the current wallet, I'm sure everything will be figured out sooner or later.

Hi, I'm wondering what purpose does the blockchain have in your project?

Spectre is a cryptocurrency and that's what the blockchain is used for. Like Bitcoin.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
BDCenter

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:43:21 AM

How do we know if this new thread is from the Spectrecoin core team or the Wisp team? Both are good, but would be good to have clarity.
Beachguy2

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:16:42 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2018, 12:36:17 PM by Beachguy2

Please take notice
Anyone having problem with the new client currently 2.0.4.2 , please come over to the xspec discord server https://discord.gg/ckkrb8m and post in the #help-support channel. include your operating system (windows version, linux or mac), basic specs of your computer,whether you moving from a previous wallet or new install.
We have a great group of active experienced devs and community leaders that will help you.
They are dedicated to getting you sorted out before Aug 21 when the project moves to the next level.

@Gandalf86 - three people do not a huge problem make....."unfortunately" xspec is doing far better than "wispers", what is left of them, anticipated.
Beachguy2

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 03:51:32 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2018, 04:32:32 PM by Beachguy2

Again, bring any problem to discord server https://discord.gg/ckkrb8m and the #help-support channel
and have your operating system, version, computer specs, xspec wallet version and whether new install or previous version upgrade.

The discord server is the "go to" place for all things xspec and the best place for help and support.
Taylora

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 05:41:58 PM

Please take notice
Anyone having problem with the new client currently 2.0.4.2 , please come over to the xspec discord server https://discord.gg/ckkrb8m and post in the #help-support channel. include your operating system (windows version, linux or mac), basic specs of your computer,whether you moving from a previous wallet or new install.
We have a great group of active experienced devs and community leaders that will help you.
They are dedicated to getting you sorted out before Aug 21 when the project moves to the next level.

@Gandalf86 - three people do not a huge problem make....."unfortunately" xspec is doing far better than "wispers", what is left of them, anticipated.
XSPEC Development team surprised us all. I hope they will continue with privacy development. They proved they can do a lot. I read the ICO was not so successful for them. Do they have any dev fund for future development?
Beachguy2

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 06:59:56 PM

It's the original Project Manager after several health issues early to mid 2017, Mandica used several contractors during that time one....jbg who took over for her. She returned earlier this year and formed a complete new team of very able devs so things are moving along very well.
Jbg meanwhile chose to go another direction
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 09:39:35 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2018, 09:51:55 PM by Gandalf86

XSPEC Development team surprised us all. I hope they will continue with privacy development. They proved they can do a lot. I read the ICO was not so successful for them. Do they have any dev fund for future development?

The funding is exactly what version 2 of the wallet is about! It will ensure a steady stream of funding going to Mandica to ensure ongoing development. For more information, see here: https://news.spectreproject.io/stealth-staking/

Until now, Mandica has paid the developers mostly from her own pocket afaik. She is extremely dedicated to the project.

How do we know if this new thread is from the Spectrecoin core team or the Wisp team? Both are good, but would be good to have clarity.

This thread is from the Spectrecoin core team. "XSPEC-team" is an approved account of the official team.
The thread about Wisp can be found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3371587.0

Unfortunately you seem to have some kind of animosity against Wisp - you don't have to, it's an open ecosystem. Smiley  Wisp is not a competitor for Spectrecoin, it's rather a teammate trying a slightly different route.  Cool  

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: