Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are you done with Bitcoin?
Yes - 23 (20%)
No - 92 (80%)
Total Voters: 113

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] I'm Done!: Animal House 2  (Read 19081 times)
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 04:53:56 AM

As for winning, that's not my goal here. In these cases, the journey and learning that comes along with it is far more fun Smiley (yes, I find this discussion entertaining)

Whoa now. If you aren't trying to win, you are automatically the loser. I won't defend that attitude.

Ok, let me rephrase that. I am not trying, or, more precisely, expecting her to change her mind about this. But I do love the challenge and seeing the reactions (OMG, I think *I* might be the troll O.O)

I forget who's getting trolled. These days, it's just a mashed-up blur of under-bridge debauchery.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 04:57:23 AM

I forget who's getting trolled. These days, it's just a mashed-up blur of under-bridge debauchery.

+1

Oh, I'm also curious as to the forum's opinion on the whole David was a flaming homo piece, since pretty much no one knows about it, and with everyone's view of "bible says gay = BAD" it's fun to watch the reactions.
logansryche

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 05:14:00 AM

Extra salt and butter for me, Matthew. Hope you've been doing OK, bud.

Hehe.. *passes Phinnaeus popcorn with extra salt and butter* there ya are.
It's been ok. Got in from work this evening and my right side went numb again. Fell to the floor. Same ol, same ol.  Reapplied for SSI for it. It's already at the point whenever I do get any feeling back in that part of the body, pain is dull'd there.
Been to dr's an ciropractors and they tell me the same thing: your spine's messed up, get on SSI lol.
All of this talk of God and furries and antichrist matter has got me thinking. While I am proud to be a fur, I seriously believe the as long as I'm happy, God's happy. Know what I'm sayin? If it makes me happy to believe I have an animal spirit inside me, then he's there for me. If it makes me happy that I'm gay(which i'm not), then he's there for me. Deep stuff from probably the most hated person on these forums lol.

Other then that, good how're you? lol
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 05:22:15 AM

Deep stuff from probably the most hated person on these forums lol.

That's pretty self-indulgent. Don't kid yourself. You are a far cry from the most hated person on these forums. Will the real BW and Tom please stand up?

I don't even think anyone hates you, I think you are just trolling/getting trolled hard. But I do like your religious views. I am also of the 'if there is a god, I can't imagine him giving a flying fuck' school.
logansryche

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 05:26:08 AM

Deep stuff from probably the most hated person on these forums lol.

That's pretty self-indulgent. Don't kid yourself. You are a far cry from the most hated person on these forums. Will the real BW and Tom please stand up?

I don't even think anyone hates you, I think you are just trolling/getting trolled hard. But I do like your religious views. I am also of the 'if there is a god, I can't imagine him giving a flying fuck' school.

Amen to that lol, I'm off to bed. Long day tomorow as well.
PinkiePie

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 02:40:02 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2011, 02:57:45 PM by PinkiePie

God doesn't care how I come off, he cares about what is in my heart.

That is from someone whom EVERYONE tells doesn't know the meaning of the word "tact," what is in your heart, and how others perceive you, do not match up. If you do not care enough that your words and actions portray more spitefulness and piety than care, and will very likely be seen as hurtful to others (and we all know god doesn't want us to hurt others), that's your prerogative.

The task of helping others can often result in backlash.  Try helping drunks, or addicts for example and you will not be well received, but it is for their own good.

And way to start off with some bearing of false witness.
Here's the actual quote:

It is quite unfortunate nobody ever let you know there are multiple translations of the bible.  I guess the poor education you received on these matters might be responsible for your lack of understanding of what God wishes for you.  The passage I quoted was from the New International Version which is quite popular and generally well regarded as far as translation goes.  I believe the version you prefer is from the King James Version.  I think I would trust the scholarship of modern translators rather than those in 1600's England.

tl;dr summary: David was dancing and prancing in celebration, wearing nothing but an apron, flashing his butt at everyone (ephod = assless chaps of BC era?). His wife, seeing him dancing all almost-naked, was pissed and hated him for it (do remember that David originally loved Jonathan, and Michal, likely knowing this, no doubt always resented him for it). So, David told her off, and told her he'll never have sex with her, and didn't.

And again, you show you cannot grasp the concept of platonic love without sex.  Jonathan and David were very close friends, but they did not cross the line into sexual practices.  I know it can seem strange to see references to kissing, but this was a very different culture.  Even today some cultures greet with a kiss, it doesn't mean much but that cultural standards are different.  

David had multiple wives and an adulterous affair with a woman.  He was not homosexual.  Passages like the stripping of the armor are a symbolic reference to the transfer of power, a symbol that shows up previously in the Bible as well.

26: And strip Aaron of his garments, and put them upon Eleazar his son: and Aaron shall be gathered unto his people, and shall die there.

Bowing is a sign of sexuality in the Bible?

5: And when Haman saw that Mordecai bowed not, nor did him reverence, then was Haman full of wrath.

6: And he thought scorn to lay hands on Mordecai alone; for they had shewed him the people of Mordecai: wherefore Haman sought to destroy all the Jews that were throughout the whole kingdom of Ahasuerus, even the people of Mordecai.

I think you really want to believe this because you crave the approval of God even though you are unable to admit it here, but the approval for your sexual immorality is just not to be found in his word.  

It seems similar to the myth making that leads so-called "Rastafarians" to believe God wants them to abuse themselves with a dangerous intoxicant.  Take a little bit out of the Old Testament even though it doesn't quite say what you think it does, and add on a whole heap of modern sensibilities and culture, and you can come up with anything to claim God wants you to hurt yourself instead of help yourself.  He never wants that.

--
MOST HONEST FORUM MEMBER AWARD 2011
Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 03:30:36 PM

Observation!

Has anybody else notice Matthew's new attitude? Somehow through this whole process, he seems to come across a new man. I somewhat liked the old Matthew, but now I really love the new Matthew.

Let's all take a sec and wish him well before posting forward on the tangent you're on. I'm willing to bet he'll even share his popcorn.
PinkiePie

Activity: 70

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 03:39:59 PM

While I am proud to be a fur, I seriously believe the as long as I'm happy, God's happy. Know what I'm sayin? If it makes me happy to believe I have an animal spirit inside me, then he's there for me. If it makes me happy that I'm gay(which i'm not), then he's there for me.

You understand the dangerous path of that thinking, correct?  All kinds of terrible things, things nobody here would debate with me are terrible, make some people think they are happy.

--
MOST HONEST FORUM MEMBER AWARD 2011
Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!
Ayo_4_Yayo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 04:03:25 PM

All of this talk of God and furries and antichrist matter has got me thinking. While I am proud to be a fur, I seriously believe the as long as I'm happy, God's happy. Know what I'm sayin? If it makes me happy to believe I have an animal spirit inside me, then he's there for me. If it makes me happy that I'm gay(which i'm not), then he's there for me. Deep stuff from probably the most hated person on these forums lol.

Being a fur is a serious slippery slope to things even worse, like yiffing or whatever perverted fantasies you might be in.
logansryche

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 05:22:10 PM

You understand the dangerous path of that thinking, correct?  All kinds of terrible things, things nobody here would debate with me are terrible, make some people think they are happy.
I suppose only a catholic would sit there and try to tell me happyness isn't everything. I have my beliefs, you have yours and everyone else has theirs. It's all perception.

Being a fur is a serious slippery slope to things even worse, like yiffing or whatever perverted fantasies you might be in.
And that's a problem how? I mean think about it. I grew up around this stuff, so if you were going to blame anyone, blame Disney. But in all seriousness, I'm proud of who I am and my mate's proud of who she is. It's folks that sit there and try to pin us to a sterotype where we end up on the defense and spit uselessness like this. To them we're all horny humans that are into bestiality and are gay and the list goes on. I find it funny to be honest.
NF6X

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 05:50:03 PM

And again, you show you cannot grasp the concept of platonic love without sex.  

As I recall, it was Rassah who brought up the concept of love without sex here, when he explained that his first love (which you appear to denounce as perversion) was not a sexual relationship. I think he grasps the concept of Platonic love without sex just fine, although I agree with you that his interpretation of some of the Bible passages that he quoted looks like a case of misinterpreting things by projecting modern western concepts onto a different culture in a different time.

I think you really want to believe this because you crave the approval of God even though you are unable to admit it here, but the approval for your sexual immorality is just not to be found in his word.

I think you're still projecting your own beliefs onto Rassah. From what you've written in this thread, you appear to me to have difficulty accepting that other people can have fundamentally different beliefs than you do, and that they hold their beliefs just as strongly as you hold yours. You will not be able to understand other people by projecting your motivations onto their actions.

You understand the dangerous path of that thinking, correct?

Slippery-slope arguments are logical fallacies.

All kinds of terrible things, things nobody here would debate with me are terrible, make some people think they are happy.

Emphasis added: That's precisely what you are failing to see. Some people here absolutely do debate the terribleness of at least some of the things you have denounced in this thread. For that matter, your statement isn't even logically consistent: If doing certain things makes a particular person feel happy, then why would they think that those things are terrible? If they agreed with you that those things are terrible, then why would those things make them feel happy?

Look, I'm not trying to change your own beliefs about what is right and what is wrong here. I'm just pointing out that if you only interpret other people's actions based on your own motivations and beliefs, you will utterly fail to understand them. Without trying to understand them, how can you truly love them in the manner that you profess to? I'm really astounded by the closed-mindedness that you have presented in this thread.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 06:07:50 PM

Just fyi, "yiffing" is a (rather weird) slang term that litteraly means "to have sex." It's only as specific as that. So, sure, "to have sex" is a perverted fantasy, but not really a unique one :/
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 06:47:45 PM

Just fyi, "yiffing" is a (rather weird) slang term that litteraly means "to have sex." It's only as specific as that. So, sure, "to have sex" is a perverted fantasy, but not really a unique one :/

NSFW: http://www.google.com/search?gcx=c&q=yiffing&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=685

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 06:49:09 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2011, 07:28:04 PM by Rassah

Good morning!  Grin Glad to see you are willing to continue this discussion.

God doesn't care how I come off, he cares about what is in my heart.

That is from someone whom EVERYONE tells doesn't know the meaning of the word "tact," what is in your heart, and how others perceive you, do not match up. If you do not care enough that your words and actions portray more spitefulness and piety than care, and will very likely be seen as hurtful to others (and we all know god doesn't want us to hurt others), that's your prerogative.

The task of helping others can often result in backlash.  Try helping drunks, or addicts for example and you will not be well received, but it is for their own good.

You have a good point. Though, when dealing with distraught or damaged people, one should at least try to understand them and learn how to help them without just outright pissing them off (granted in some cases that requires an entire degree in psychiatry to accomplish)

It is quite unfortunate nobody ever let you know there are multiple translations of the bible.  ... The passage I quoted was from the New International Version which is quite popular and generally well regarded as far as translation goes.  I believe the version you prefer is from the King James Version.  I think I would trust the scholarship of modern translators rather than those in 1600's England.

You are correct, it was the King James version, though it's rather strange of you to assume that I don't know that there are "multiple translations of the bible" when I even mentioned that I have read multiple bibles in multiple languages, and attempted to explain that particular passage using the original language. I think you may be getting a bit too defensive. Anyway, Just as you claim that modern scholars may have a better understanding or interpretation, I can claim that modern scholars are a lot more likely to be influenced by modern culture and try to apply or fit their translations into it for the common people to understand. More importantly, your claim completely sidestepped the fact that I was using the actual original language words, like "arsenokoitai," to explain what the meaning is. I'm depending on the original wording, and the definitions of those words, not the multitude of translations, each trying to fit the words into it's specific time and culture. Fact is, the word for "homosexuality" doesn't even exist in the original bible. Why is that, if it was such a great sin?

And again, you show you cannot grasp the concept of platonic love without sex.

Here I was concerned that you were the one who had this problem. Rather, that you can't grasp the difference between platonic love, romantic love, and just sex. As mentioned, my 2+ year relationship was without sex, yet was condemned just the same.

Jonathan and David were very close friends, but they did not cross the line into sexual practices.  I know it can seem strange to see references to kissing, but this was a very different culture.  Even today some cultures greet with a kiss, it doesn't mean much but that cultural standards are different.

Russian/Ukrainian, the culture I come from, is one of those. We greet with a kiss (I don't any more). We, however, do not cry, and kiss, and kiss, and kiss, when we part from someone we care about. Not unless it was someone we love very much. You are also making an assumption that their relationship did not cross into sexual practices. In this passage:

“You son of a perverse, rebellious woman! Do I not know that you have chosen [David] the son of Jesse to your own shame and to the shame of your mother’s nakedness? For as long as the son of Jesse lives upon the earth, neither you nor your kingdom shall be established.” (1 Samuel 20:30)

Saul, Jonathan's father, is basically saying what too many parents have been saying to their gay kids, "You're a perv! How could you choose him for your love! It's a shame!" and all that.
First, ask yourself, if this was just platonic love, then why was Saul so angry at Jonathan for "choosing" David? Why did he say that it was shameful? Why is he blaming his mother? On the "nakedness" part, uncovering the nakedness of a family member was a euphemism for incest in the holiness codes of the Old Testament, and Saul would not have used this phrase lightly. For example, Leviticus 18:6-18 begins, “You shall not approach anyone near of kin to uncover nakedness” and goes on to list every possible incestuous relationship (except that of father and daughter), stating before each one, “You shall not uncover the nakedness of . . .” Why use that phrase if there was nothing sexual between them?

David had multiple wives and an adulterous affair with a woman.  He was not homosexual.  Passages like the stripping of the armor are a symbolic reference to the transfer of power, a symbol that shows up previously in the Bible as well.
26: And strip Aaron of his garments, and put them upon Eleazar his son: and Aaron shall be gathered unto his people, and shall die there.

No, he was not a homosexual. Neither am I. Though I do believe he was at least bisexual (like me), and a somewhat gay acting one, too, based on his actions towards Jonathan and the other passages I mentioned. It's true that the armor part is a symbol of transfer of power. So, please explain, why would Jonathan, upon meeting David, give up his most prized possessions to him in a show of giving up himself to David's power? My guess, love/crush at first sight. What is yours?

Bowing is a sign of sexuality in the Bible?

Not sure what this bowing is about, as I didn't bring it up. Explain?

I can't want approval of someone I don't believe exists. What are you doing to get approval of Pinkie Pie pony, and if nothing, why don't you want Pinkie Pie's approval?

Take a little bit out of the Old Testament even though it doesn't quite say what you think it does, and add on a whole heap of modern sensibilities and culture, and you can come up with anything...

Kettle <-> Pot. Homosexuality was not illegal, and love between men, and even marriage between male monks, wasn't that uncommon until some time in the 1400's (I think, though I may be off by a few centuries). Marriage itself was simply a property transfer contract until the liberalization of the last 2 or 3 hundred years or so. So, perhaps the bible has always spoken out against homosexuality, and gays are just trying to make it fit the current (new) culture, or perhaps the bible never said anything against homosexuality because it was never considered as anything weird, and Christians are just "taking a little bit out of the Old Testament (about 5 to 7 "mentions?") to try to make it fit into their own (still somewhat-new) culture?

You understand the dangerous path of that thinking, correct?
If you believe that any thinking can lead down a "dangerous path," that's your very first and most important problem. If your faith is strong, why would you fear taking your thoughts down dangerous passes or fear asking dangerous questions?
NF6X

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 06:59:29 PM

FYI: Even with SafeSearch set to "Strict", that search is still NSFW. Definitely don't click it, PinkePie!

Sadly, I had SafeSearch set to "Off" when I clicked it.  Shocked

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 07:30:26 PM

NSFW: http://www.google.com/search?gcx=c&q=sex&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=685

NSFW: http://www.google.com/search?gcx=c&q=fucking&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=685

NSFW: http://www.google.com/search?gcx=c&q=hentai&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=685

Have I made my point?
NF6X

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 08:40:09 PM

Have I made my point?

That the Internet is a wonderful thing?  Tongue
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 08:42:57 PM

Have I made my point?

That the Internet is a wonderful thing? for porn!   Grin
deslok

Activity: 462

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 08:51:40 PM

Pinkie these are is just for you
NSFW : http://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-us%3AIE-Address&biw=1097&bih=530&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=my+little+pony+sex&oq=my+little+pony+sex&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=15934l17412l0l17633l10l8l0l0l0l3l390l1264l0.2.2.1l5l0

NSFW : http://www.google.com/search?q=pony%20sex&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&oe=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1097&bih=530

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
FAtlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 09:01:15 PM

I think the technical definition of 'yiffing' is actually 'Sex between two socially maladjusted and/or fat people who like to pretend they are animals'.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: