Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:07:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 ... 545 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Scrypt.CC | Scrypt Cloud Mining  (Read 750509 times)
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 03:23:32 PM

Anyone who is still betting on things working again is knowingly participating in, at best, a dishonest business. There is no good reason for the current radio silence. At the least, if there was some technical problem preventing mining rewards from being what they should be, we should be informed about it.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
mintsaucemania

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 03:40:59 PM

Sorry, totally OT, but

@ThePhwner the quote in your sig really made me smile.

Meepers

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 03:52:35 PM

Anyone who is still betting on things working again is knowingly participating in, at best, a dishonest business. There is no good reason for the current radio silence. At the least, if there was some technical problem preventing mining rewards from being what they should be, we should be informed about it.

AGREED!

But what can we do?

We can investigate filing a class action law suit against scrypt.cc for breach of contract. We could search for reputable class action law firm (like trademark law, class action is highly specilized) in his country that would take the case on contingency.

A contract is legally defined as "a meeting of the minds". We have a commitment from admin to return the rewards to their previous level in "5 days max". We also have commitment from him regarding rewards level after the power outage. In other words, we have written proof of our claims to rewards at a certain level.

In the U.S., deceit in some cases trebles the damages. This plan of action may be worth pursuing, to see if it is viable.

If faced with a calls from a legitimate class action law firm, and a potential court case on his hands, admin may restore rewards rather than go to court. Right now Scrypt.cc is not much in the news, but if word of a class action lawsuit against scrypt reaches coindesk and other  more "mainstream" crypto media outlets, he may settle rather than lose.
D4RK5T4R

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 03:59:36 PM

AGREED!

But what can we do?

We can investigate filing a class action law suit against scrypt.cc for breach of contract. We could search for reputable class action law firm (like trademark law, class action is highly specilized) in his country that would take the case on contingency.

A contract is legally defined as "a meeting of the minds". We have a commitment from admin to return the rewards to their previous level in "5 days max". We also have commitment from him regarding rewards level after the power outage. In other words, we have written proof of our claims to rewards at a certain level.

In the U.S., deceit in some cases trebles the damages. This plan of action may be worth pursuing, to see if it is viable.

If faced with a calls from a legitimate class action law firm, and a potential court case on his hands, admin may restore rewards rather than go to court. Right now Scrypt.cc is not much in the news, but if word of a class action lawsuit against scrypt reaches coindesk and other  more "mainstream" crypto media outlets, he may settle rather than lose.

The main problem with this avenue of action is that nobody knows who or where admin is. It would be next to impossible to file a class action against an unknown entity.

Marcelo Santos speaks.  https://youtu.be/zjtLszt7MTo
BTC tips can go here: 19B4HwjhhpPR5sKrT4Tb7H4heEN8yAziD3
Meepers

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 04:08:44 PM

Maybe not so. Unscrupulous firms are often the target of class actions suits. Their contact info is often hidden or shaded.

Should a legitimate class action law firm take the case, they have investigators quite accustomed to sniffing out true identities of firms, and officers of the firms. This is quite standard.
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 04:48:51 PM

aftet 12 hours of waiting my cash out arrived in my btc wallt. well i guess waiting time for cash out will be like than in the next couple of weeks.
Meepers

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 05:05:03 PM

It's worth investigating our options.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

As long as no one takes any action to even investigate what can be done to recoup losses due to unscrupulous actions of cloud mining operators, these senarios will continue.

The moment there is a legal precedent finding in favor of cloud mining shareholders, all cloud mining operators will know they cannot count on simply getting away with it. And you will find these types of senarios happening less and less.

It will take a group of us with the bazoobies to collectively stand up for ourselves. Right now I am only suggesting we investigate. This may be a path worth pursuing, it may not. But competent class action legal counsel will be able to advise. Seems foolish to not even try to find out.

Cloud mining shareholders who "just get over it" actually encourage these types of things things to happen again and again.

cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1253

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 05:19:19 PM

Cloud mining shareholders who "just get over it" actually encourage these types of things things to happen again and again.

That is exactly what they are counting on. The process known as, "Cooling the Mark" was mentioned earlier in the thread by Dooglus and it is precisely what happens with the way these scama 'exit' in order to ensure there is sufficient doubt as to who is at fault for the failure of the scam that people don't have the emotional motivation to pursue the scammers.

This is why most of them run with stories of being hacked.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
MyAdidas

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 05:26:01 PM

Is it possible to bring charges against the cheater company? What does it take and at what point it is possible to start? The evidence against them, it'll be certainly a lot.

Scrypt.cc victims of crime --> http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
Meepers

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 05:31:25 PM

Does anyone here live in Brazil and have access to a good attorney?

A good attorney in the country of origin would be able to point our group - which may numbers thousands - in the direction of a good, reputable class action law firm that we could run things past. They would be able to tell us if our concerns are actionable and worth pursuing, or not. Seems worthwhile to find out. If yes, then we can consider action. If no, then we will not be left wondering what if we had.

ThorSWO

Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 05:36:34 PM

Is it possible to bring charges against the cheater company? What does it take and at what point it is possible to start? The evidence against them, it'll be certainly a lot.

A day of yard cleaning will recover your losses.  Grin
MyAdidas

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 05:42:43 PM

A day of yard cleaning will recover your losses.  Grin
This is a question of principle. Criminal activity has to stop.

Scrypt.cc victims of crime --> http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
Meepers

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 05:47:27 PM

Some people lost a lot, some people lost a little. We should not denigrate someone else's loss because it is small, or small in comparison to our own. All these small losses add up, just like satoshis add up to a bitcoin.

When we do this - denigrate losses of fellow shareholders or their efforts to recoup - we are disempowering our own group and only making it easier for cloud mining operators to act unscrupulously and with no fear of reprisal.
UglyOldGoat

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 05:57:11 PM

Hi Guys:

Here is a message I got from Marcelo Santos on June 27th.

Hello Ugly, I stepped in the chat the day some were blaming this shit on you.
[6/27/2015 9:27:51 PM] Marcelo Santos: I'm not sure if you cought it.
[6/27/2015 9:28:05 PM] Marcelo Santos: But thanks for the support either way, I appreciate it.
[6/27/2015 9:28:14 PM] Marcelo Santos: We'll come back stronger then ever., I stepped in the chat the day some were blaming this shit on you.

Unfortunately I bought back in.

Just wanted to give a bit of hope.

Also, forget a class action.  First, it only benefits attorneys, not the victims.  Second, if Scrypt.cc is a scam there will be nothing to split.

Best regards.
Ugly Old Goat

ThePhwner

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 06:06:13 PM

1. Sent Bitcoins to a mysterious man in Brazil who's only reachable by a chatbox on his website, that no longer works. Fuck You
2. A man who claims to have enough Scrypt hash to increase the current LTC network rate by over 50% Fuck You
3. A man who claims to use his mining profits to pay you every 10 minutes Fuck You
4. A man who has had more absences, shut downs, hacks, etc than I can count Fuck You
5. A man who runs a website that until the "hack" followed an obvious pattern of manipulation, related to site outages, trade lag, claimed DDoS attacks, and price drops/spikes Fuck You
6. A website who asked users to change every single one of their credentials before returning to "normal" after the hack Fuck You
7. A website that continues to suffer outages and reduced functionality Fuck You
8. An investment program that expects investors to cover its own losses Fuck You
9. An investment program based on mining that continues to payout a fraction of what Scrypt mining payouts truly are,  Fuck You
10. While offering a buy-in price that is not in line with any ASIC currently speced to mine Scrypt coins profitably Fuck You

Smiley

Fuck you too little boy. Your sarcasm font didn't translate if that was your intent, and if not, why continue to repeat the Scryptard mantra? You're worse than crackheads... at least there's some variety in crackhead ramblings. In the mean time go ask yer mommy to give you a hug and a Capri Sun so you can think of your next great defense of Scam.cc

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
ThorSWO

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 06:09:16 PM

1. Sent Bitcoins to a mysterious man in Brazil who's only reachable by a chatbox on his website, that no longer works. Fuck You
2. A man who claims to have enough Scrypt hash to increase the current LTC network rate by over 50% Fuck You
3. A man who claims to use his mining profits to pay you every 10 minutes Fuck You
4. A man who has had more absences, shut downs, hacks, etc than I can count Fuck You
5. A man who runs a website that until the "hack" followed an obvious pattern of manipulation, related to site outages, trade lag, claimed DDoS attacks, and price drops/spikes Fuck You
6. A website who asked users to change every single one of their credentials before returning to "normal" after the hack Fuck You
7. A website that continues to suffer outages and reduced functionality Fuck You
8. An investment program that expects investors to cover its own losses Fuck You
9. An investment program based on mining that continues to payout a fraction of what Scrypt mining payouts truly are,  Fuck You
10. While offering a buy-in price that is not in line with any ASIC currently speced to mine Scrypt coins profitably Fuck You

Smiley

Fuck you too you half-breed retard twat. Your sarcasm font didn't translate if that was your intent, and if not, why continue to repeat the Scryptard mantra? You're worse than crackheads... at least there's some variety in crackhead ramblings.

That list is retarded.
I think you're running out of shit to say.
ThePhwner

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 06:12:43 PM

Smiley

Fuck you too you half-breed retard twat. Your sarcasm font didn't translate if that was your intent, and if not, why continue to repeat the Scryptard mantra? You're worse than crackheads... at least there's some variety in crackhead ramblings.

That list is retarded.

There's not much left to say. You and your Scryptwats have the facts, your typical response to them is "fuck you." Speaking of running out of things to say...

Think the list is "retarded?" Care to elaborate or is that all you can muster? Now be the big man you claim to be and prove the factual points listed above incorrect. Then I'll be out of things to say.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
mefisto

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 06:24:19 PM

Hi Guys:

Here is a message I got from Marcelo Santos on June 27th.

Hello Ugly, I stepped in the chat the day some were blaming this shit on you.
[6/27/2015 9:27:51 PM] Marcelo Santos: I'm not sure if you cought it.
[6/27/2015 9:28:05 PM] Marcelo Santos: But thanks for the support either way, I appreciate it.
[6/27/2015 9:28:14 PM] Marcelo Santos: We'll come back stronger then ever., I stepped in the chat the day some were blaming this shit on you.

Unfortunately I bought back in.

Just wanted to give a bit of hope.

Also, forget a class action.  First, it only benefits attorneys, not the victims.  Second, if Scrypt.cc is a scam there will be nothing to split.

Best regards.
Ugly Old Goat

I know you're old player scrypt and you know better than we Admin, as you got an idea of why it is so quiet !!

jadefalke
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 06:34:51 PM

if the price goes sub-200 it could be interesting to buy some KHS again Wink should be around 60 Days to ROI again.
ThorSWO

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 06:35:59 PM

Smiley

That list is retarded.

There's not much left to say. You and your Scryptwats have the facts, your typical response to them is "fuck you." Speaking of running out of things to say...

Think the list is "retarded?" Care to elaborate or is that all you can muster? Now be the big man you claim to be and prove the factual points listed above incorrect. Then I'll be out of things to say.

So let's have a closer look at this faggotry.

1. Sent Bitcoins to a mysterious man in Brazil who's only reachable by a chatbox on his website, that no longer works.
False, He's reachable by email, support tickets and skype.
I haven't checked his skype out, but I have gotten in contact with him via tickets.

2. A man who claims to have enough Scrypt hash to increase the current LTC network rate by over 50%
Not sure what current hash rates are.
SCC claims to have sold 500GHS in the market.

3. A man who claims to use his mining profits to pay you every 10 minutes
Claims and pays.
This one is on point.

4. A man who has had more absences, shut downs, hacks, etc than I can count
Shut downs: I only remember two, The electricity incident and the hack.
Hacks: One after 18 months of operation.

5. A man who runs a website that until the "hack" followed an obvious pattern of manipulation, related to site outages, trade lag, claimed DDoS attacks, and price drops/spikes
It's plausible that he went through the trouble of getting the site together and back online.
Others in his shoes would have just made a run for it.
Price drop after a hack + more then a week with no rewards was expected.
Trade lag was also expected.

6. A website who asked users to change every single one of their credentials before returning to "normal" after the hack
This was a great move on his part.
Stupid would have been leaving information as they were.
It also shows that he cares about his user base.

7. A website that continues to suffer outages and reduced functionality
Has been working fine for me.

8. An investment program that expects investors to cover its own losses
Huh

9. An investment program based on mining that continues to payout a fraction of what Scrypt mining payouts truly are,
It's always been par with scrypt mining revenue, This has indeed changed in the past 13? days.

10. While offering a buy-in price that is not in line with any ASIC currently speced to mine Scrypt coins profitably
It's a user driven market, users set the prices.

Kiss
Pages: « 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 ... 545 »
  Print  

Jump to: