Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:32:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is bitcoin not used in medical billing?  (Read 2439 times)
sidodadii

Activity: 597
Merit: 250

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:40:11 AM

I am a person working in the health sector. I am looking forward to one day co-bitcoin be used to pay for medical examination and treatment and health care services.

not all people know about bitcoin, and most poor people that need hospital. when they got desiasse they will choice to hospital to check it up, not try to take rest or something else. but that is good if some hospital accept payment in cryptocurrent. so, member can pay via crypto

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Debu

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:46:53 AM

I am also a healthcare professional, I like to see also the involvement of crypto market in health care sector. I support this kind of involvement of technology to health. I was actually waiting for such idea but all we can do is wait until the government settle things out.For now  Bitcoin cannot be use as a medical payments because not all the people are aware to its existence and also because of its market volatility. May be in future it will be that what we are looking for.
totktonuzen123

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:50:29 AM

Bitcoin has already covered many areas of people's lives, and they cover them further. I'm sure soon with bitcoin, and not only bitcoin can be calculated in different institutions, thus acquiring their services. I really believe this
aji28

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:30:44 PM

In my opinion, bitcoin is not ready to be used in medical billing because it is still in process.
ganjasmokingg

Activity: 255
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:42:29 PM

I am a person working in the health sector. I am looking forward to one day co-bitcoin be used to pay for medical examination and treatment and health care services.
In the future we will see that, it takes a long time to make it come true because btc is not yet known, accepted for economic transactions so it can be used. To pay for medical services, I think it will be a long time to come true
nealdlover

Activity: 345

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:56:44 PM

I think btc has not been used to pay for hospital bills because its popularity is not really wide enough for people to think about it but in the future we can see it if btc is It is so powerful that everyone trusts and uses it as a currency
qwertyuiop0987654321

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:04:23 AM

I don't think that making bitcoin as a way of billing in medical stuffs will be that easy because firstly not all people accepts it. Second, it would shookt everyone if it happened. Third, the government didn't even introduced BTC as a currency so why use it for billing. But, aside from those reasons I think it is possible if people make it works.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:18:30 AM

It is the same reason to other platforms that don't accept Bitcoin as a payment method, because of it's volatility, the transaction fee and the transaction time. I am saying that it is the same since all the transactions using Bitcoin usually include these.

Some hospitals might be accepting Bitcoin but with these disadvantages than other payments methods, I guess patients will be really using the usual payment methods than sticking on Bitcoin. I know that a lot of people want to push Bitcoin as a crypto used in payments but with it's volatility, I don't think it will be that effective and great idea unless that individual knows well what Bitcoin is.
bayu7adi

Activity: 1414
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 02:08:09 AM

there are so many altcoins on the market, but why do you ask about bitcoin?
You also have to be able to think about the risks that might occur if bitcoin is adopted as a payment instrument in a hospital or clinic without any agency that regulates Bitcoin itself
especially volatility which will certainly harm one of the parties involved in the transaction process
amonymous

Activity: 1177
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:19:27 AM

Because Bitcoin price unstable also price going to up or down in my then maybe medical billing can't accept yet.in just my opinion but maybe some countries can be accepted when Bitcoin legal this country's.
bp.comp69

Activity: 180

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:37:57 AM

I think this is only a matter of access, why in the medical world can not make payments with coins
I don't think it's as sophisticated as many don't know about bitcoin.
MoonLouis

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:06:09 AM

i don't think it will come true because bitcoin is unstable and decentralised. And it is also a good idea to use bitcoin in medical billing
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:09:05 AM

Do you think that peoples would readily pay using bitcoins in a medical emergency? If anyone had a serious injury or an accident, would it go good to pay via bitcoins? Absolutely NO.
In such situation paying via fiat currencies always goes great and non hesitateble.
ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:11:12 PM

Hahahahaha, it is really witty and interesting in the first place I see this post. I don't really know why medical billing was not using BTC or any cryptocurrency as payment when you are hospitalized. I remember before that there was a token called DentaCoin maybe that was the name that offering to give coins when you answer their surveys but I don't know if there was a coins associated with medicals or hospitalizations.
AquaVitae

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:15:21 PM

I am quite certain that soon things will change, and cryptos will be used in medical billing too. In most cases, it is much more convinient to use crypto than cash, especially if the fee is low.
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:19:01 PM

No one is using bitcoins everyday or any hospitals for that matter because of the overwhelming volatile bitcoins have in itself that the medical team would just laugh at us for trying to pay things with cryptocurrency at an early age as this one. Maybe in time, hospitals would finally allow themselves to accept bitcoins.

IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:26:46 AM

It’s safe to say that the path towards that development has been paved, especially since blockchain is now revolutionizing the healthcare industry. That’s already a big leap. Now that society is recognizing blockchain technology, the concept of digital currencies will follow suit.
livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:48:16 AM

If there will be generous start up company or a bigger one that will make it happen so this depends on your location/country.

This is just starting and I've been seeing memes on the web about a person who lies on the bed and is asking for a medical bill and the nurse is giving him the bill in bitcoin. I'm saying that the idea is coming out even before and time will come this can happen directly.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
AnnaLim

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:53:42 AM

Because bitcoin price is not stable, it can go up and down at any time. this is the reason why I don't think people tend to use bitcoin in medical billing.
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:16:09 AM

Bitcoin has not been used in services of stable value! Most bitcoin and altcoin are used as valuable assets for investment!
Bitcoin and altcoin need to be developed and used more extensively so that it can become currency!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: