Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:26:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Transcendence ANN  (Read 41294 times)
mony68

Activity: 149
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2020, 09:08:57 AM

unrealandy I don’t understand how you are achieving?
Read the code for the new version. It eliminates the possibility of:
1. fake node
2. receiving a stake and MN with one address (although this does not contradict the rules)
All this will stop previous wallet bugs. There is nothing perfect in the world. There is normal work on the development of the coin.
Why are you tedding the past? What happened is what happened. Do you want the rollback of the blockchain to the first case? A fork will happen and everything will fall into place.

phoenxikonsole Never mind and stop getting angry. Just ignore these posts.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bugala

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2020, 11:19:41 AM

@unrealandy

Recapping here some things as I have understood them and giving answers to you.

Stealing of coins:

As far as I have understood, there have been two stealing issues you have been talking of. Stake Grinding, and Phantom Nodes.

Stake Grinding I agree with you, that it is actually stealing since stake grinding gives more stake rewards to its users than they should be getting and some of them are away from someone else.

However, as I have mentioned before, this is still a somewhat minor issue in total, since only 10 percent of rewards come from staking, and it seems to me that loads of legitimate stakers are getting staking rewards too, so there can't be too many stake grinder rewards left for them, Just from head, I could imagine it could go somewhere like 1 million at highest, which isn't a small amount, but not that big either (about 10 thousand euros distributed to probably more than one stake grinder).

What comes to Phantom Nodes in which it seems to me that your main claim is based upon it seems to me your proofs are trying to prove that someone is using a Phantom Node. Now in this view, I disagree. I don't see them really stealing those coins, since if they had done it legitimately, they would have received the same amount of node rewards, as they had using Phantom Node, and those are not away from anyone.

They still had to buy the coins for their phantom node, so they didn't have any advantage in that. Only benefit they get is that they don't need to pay server hosting costs, which is maybe 5 Euros a month at max of advantage and this is not a loss for Telos, but for hosting providers.

The harm they cause is that Phantom Nodes don't benefit the network since they don't participate in keeping it up, but from a pure reward point of view, they don't really affect anything.

Similarly, they don't cause others to lose their rewards either, except perhaps indirectly. Because if we look at saving 5 euros a month from hosting, sure, they might be willing to keep hosting their nodes longer than rest, since when others make 2 euros a month, they still make 7 euros a month due to hosting cost saving.

However, considering that especially after Stake Grinding has been found, we have pretty much been on the situation of 100k nodes only making sense, and those costing 1 000 euros a month, I don't think possible 5 euro saving (not to mention there are hosting even around 1 Euro a month) really affects their decision much if they plan on setting up another phantom node or not.

So when you keep talking of someone stealing, was it 25 million your last claim, keep in mind that this stealing happens based upon your definition of stealing.
I believe most would disagree with your definition of someone having stolen 25 million Telos.

Someone is cheating the system, that I agree, but saying that someone is actually stealing them in traditional sense using phantom nodes, and even more, accusing they are stealing from other legitimate node runners, that is a bit of a stretch in my mind.

Another important distinction, since I have noticed that you seem to be using words bit liberally and you also seem to have difficulty in noticing distinctions between things. That basically when you take your proof, they are logical and make sense, as long as you don't try to figure out what was really meant or said by those things you use as proofs. It is always important trying to figure out what other one is trying to say, before making accusations.

Pascal threatened that he will change Telos into just a token, and once again rightfully you asked, where is the voting about it. Indeed, Telos is a democratic coin, etc. that is right, and your question was legitimate, but you missed what Pascal was actually saying, which is actually hard to see without having followed what Pascal has said before mainly in Discord I think.

Pascal created Telos and gave it to the community, and he has honored that deal and worked to provide technicalities to get the fork to reflect the changes upon which community voted for Telos.

However, you have to now understand that Pascal is not Telos. But in practice, Pascal is the driving force behind Telos.

As Pascal has many times pointed out, he has decided to provide he's services against Telos. He could provide he's services against Bitcoin or any other coin out there, but he has chosen to provide them against Telos.

What Pascal does with his business, is not up to community vote, but it is solely Pascals decision. If Pascal one day decides to stop selling anything against Telos, or decides that no more Telos nodes can be run on Blueboxes for example, that is not a community decision, but that is a decision solely resting on Pascals shoulders which he can do or decide not to do, and there is nothing anyone else has a say about it.

So when he says he will make telos a token, he doesn't mean he is going to change the current telos to be a token, but what he means (or my guess is what he means) is that he is going to make a fork from telos, in which the current telos supply becomes just tokens, and then he will stop offering any business against the current Telos, but will only accept this new forked telos tokens for his business.

While current Telos would stay with community, as that is not Pascals decision to make anymore after he has given it to the community, he can practically get Telos killed by not supporting it anymore, since if Pascal doesn't accept Telos as payment for his services etc. then what does Telos have left then anymore? Not much.

So while you thought that he was thinking of changing Telos against community wishes, that is not what he said. What he meant is that he is going to make he's own fork of Telos, which anyone is allowed to do, and then he would focus on that new fork that is based upon he's own sole decisions instead of community decisions.

You can say that would surely be against communitys wishes, but it would still be completely legit, since he wouldn't be changing the current Telos, but simply abandoning it for the community and making another fork instead.

What comes to Bluephones, Aeguanas etc.

You are right with your examples that long, long ago these have already been announced and many of us, me included, expected many of them to be out by now.

However, multiple times in Discord Pascal have mentioned about the way he works, and it has came up also when talking of white papers.

You probably yourself too remember that Pascal have been bit reluctant on making White Papers since as he have himself said, he sees no point in it due to the way he works with projects.

Many times he has said that he keeps working on several projects in parallel, and sometimes he focuses on one, and then switches to another again, depending upon the situation, like if there is something he needs to wait that he can't do anything about it, he simply switches to one where he can get forward.

You can see a good example in Cryptomages game. As far as I understood, close to Christmas it was already close to release, and now we haven't heard about it for a while. So what happened?

Well, this is just my guess, but my guess is Pascal told Allanon to work on something more critical and Allanon hasn't had time to focus on getting Cryptomages forward enough after that.

So yes, there are lots of projects that have been announced and that haven't happened, and perhaps some of them even never will happen, like the Bluephone seems a bit like the original idea have bit ran out of time already. But there are even more projects that have been announced and happened. And yes, some of those have not took off much, but this to my understanding is the google approach that Pascal is doing.

Google basically does a whole bunch of things all the time, they throw them in the open and see how it goes. If it seems to start taking off, they focus on it, if it doesn't, they likely kill it. I believe this is the same approach that Pascal is taking. He makes multiple projects, launches them, and sees how it goes. If it goes well, he makes more to it, if it doesn't seem to take off, then he lets it be for now and perhaps at some point in future does a relaunch with adding something new to it to see if it works better then.

I don't think it is fair to take single projects and point them out, but you have to look at the whole picture, and also understand the picture. You can make same blame on Google, and even more so since more of Googles projects end up dead than succeed. At least Pascals projects haven't died, although many of them haven't succeeded either, but there is nothing unusual about it when using Google strategy.

I meant to write more, but this already took long enough, and this is something you need to take into consideration too. Answering to questions takes time, especially if you start answering to ones like yours where your accusations are mainly based upon misunderstandings or views that only you share. Like you using word Stealing in such a way that others don't agree with it. It is double the effort to answer when you first have to point out that others view on for example "stealing" is not the norm understanding of that word, so I can easily see why Pascal hasn't answered you properly, especially taken into consideration also his nature.

Yes, I fully agree it would be nice if Pascal would be nice and courteous all the time and not hot-headed at all, but I think the same reason that makes him like that, is also the reason why he is able to make so many projects, and even at the same time. Telos is unique in this that we get like one new use case a month or something. Other coins struggle to get that one use case in 3 years, while Pascal spits them out once a month.

So if I have to choose between nice and courteous one use case guy, or hot-headed Pascal with use case a month, I definitely pick Pascal.

If you can find Pascal V2 from whom the hot head bug has been fixed, I will be glad to replace him with the current one, but I don't think one like that exists. It is a whole package deal. Pascal comes with extreme efficiency, but with a nasty bug included, and this is what you need to take into consideration when dealing with him and looking at his comments. He doesn't carefully think every comment he makes. Sometimes we Mods discuss a lot about what did he actually mean with he's latest Announcement, since they are often not clear at all.

This same you need to take into consideration when you keep quoting from him, like the one where he said he makes telos into token. If taken literally, yes, it sounds like he is about to do something he shouldn't, but when you have learned to interpret Pascals language, you understand that is not what he said, but you need to take his sentence in the context of his other comments he has made all around the world, which is, of course, difficult, but just pointing out, keep your mind open that what Pascal's text seems like, might not be what he actually meant, but there might might be loads of text missing from the explanation that would have made it much more clear.
phoenxikonsole (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 676
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 01, 2020, 11:30:46 AM

Sorry guys .. but the vending machines are in action and done ..
It’s just not the right time for them during corona..

Bluephones.. I am in touch with a German producer or fair phones ..not the Fairphone ..
It will be build around the Greenbox ..
And all I do is targeted at max 1000 people ..

Telos is overfilled will bastards ..
Do you believe I spend a minute more of my life with your kind of people - Andy ?

I give chances .. I decided for myself in January to go telos R and fuck this retarded bastard and his friends ..
I am not going to release anything good before the last Rat got of my boat

I can’t be more honest than this ...

Don’t overestimate telos... it’s just a Name ..

Currently I am not willing to share anything with these people .

Happy joy : )

Maybe to pop some bubbles ...
the Community is smaller and no interesting target audience ..
Instead it believes to have the right to tell me what to do when ?

Lol 😂

Bye bye
phoenxikonsole (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 02, 2020, 06:39:51 AM

Instead of talking shit, you could just send commits to GitHub to work on the project.
If you don’t understand your own words:
Telos is open , so why don’t you contribute to it ?
phoenxikonsole (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 12:51:08 PM

The Community guys are running a chain currently with active blockproduction. Currently they are setting up nodes and do some last tests. When everything is stable, it goes on.

As said .. thank andy for testing since January. It helped a lot.

phoenxikonsole (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 02:51:35 PM

I know and I did ..
Old discord had 3500 ..
phoenxikonsole (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 06, 2020, 06:58:40 PM

This is currently what becomes 2.3 .. planned release is tomorrow.
Everyone can follow it on GitHub .. master branch is compatible if you want to join.

Nodes need 4GB ram.
Please keep at least 1000 coins for staking in your wallet if you join, as without pos the chain would halt again.

According to difficulty 200k for staking is good and would keep it alive.
phoenxikonsole (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 06, 2020, 07:10:19 PM

You don’t need to talk with me in private and I can’t unblock anyone. It’s up to the mods. You can reach me via email (normal processing time 1 week)

Edit:
If you want to tell me that the fakenode bastards are staking now with the stolen coins:
Yes I know and we are not ready yet.
spixxen

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 09, 2020, 12:39:07 AM

So.......wtf is going on with TELOS?

Drop your drama droning and tell us what is what.
phoenxikonsole (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 09, 2020, 07:12:20 AM

New forum:
Forum.teloscoin.org

Wallet 3.0 got delayed and there is now a WIP2.3 which has to be compiled from source.
As soon we got ~100 nodes working we release slowly pre-compiled binaries.
This is to ensure a basic stability.

In approximatily ten days we release an alternative UI to the QT wallet which I consider as crap..
Looks fancy but shoots you back featurewise. For me it looks as if pivx wants to build Rome again from scratch in order too keep commits high for advertising purposes.
But that’s my impression ...
Anyway we ditch it.
Next time we struggle upon our home made poo.

Else .. tritium and polis are the first services to enable telos again.
Biki and Birake the First exchanges.
phoenxikonsole (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 10, 2020, 02:25:37 PM

Not started yet. Scan will take a week. We are more focused on XBTX update.

Comunity telos should be up soon ..
They have a new logo.

I have my new discord.
It will take a while to organize the split and sorting out who takes what.

Don’t mix trusted community members with trusted team.
phoenxikonsole (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 11, 2020, 03:15:18 PM

Yeah you can repeat yourself till you die : )

I am out here and will never come back to this thread

Question:
I spend time with my team to scan the chain and find a solution to block the coins in a parallel chain ..
As you act like a respected bastard I really don’t now why I should spend a minute for you ?

Don’t moan ! Change it and help as it’s open source ...
Don’t talk .. work
phoenxikonsole (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 11, 2020, 04:55:50 PM

Have a nice weekend .. we talk on Monday.
Community and andy is one thing and me and andy is another thing.

Have a nice weekend
unrealandy
Copper Member

Activity: 110

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 04:57:07 AM

Wallet 2.3.0 is downloaded on: https://github.com/phoenixkonsole/transcendence/releases/tag/2.3

People who have trouble synchronizing wallet 2.3.0 can try these nodes (paste into the Transcendence text file and save, run wallet 2.3.0 - it should help) :

addnode=5.189.139.203
addnode=159.69.158.37
addnode=95.217.214.252
addnode=159.69.33.243
addnode=95.216.112.67
addnode=54.36.108.161
addnode=37.212.196.248
addnode=207.180.241.232
addnode=207.180.244.197
addnode=207.180.196.250
addnode=207.180.194.138
addnode=173.249.29.25
addnode=173.249.55.111
addnode=207.180.242.178
addnode=173.249.58.185
addnode=207.180.236.137
addnode=80.241.223.44
addnode= 207.180.242.30
addnode=95.217.152.3
addnode=95.216.191.113
addnode=116.202.172.79
addnode=173.249.28.247
addnode=9.47.161.37
addnode=176.221.121.83
addnode=95.217.152.31
addnode=178.125.19.41
addnode=100.0.197.59
addnode=80.211.245.146
addnode=46.95.51.235
addnode=77.55.217.102
addnode=40.68.187.82
addnode=137.25.92.45
addnode=2.201.30.162
addnode=179.225.140.211
addnode=179.217.50.128
addnode=84.17.57.122
robin98

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 01:38:01 PM

Mr Pascal PAPARA

We are Tuesday and still no communication, it doesn't even surprise me

I follow Transcendence since July 2018 and invest time and money in but it's a bad decision too many

Discord Channel => Delete => where is the relationship with the community ?
forum.telos.org => some person need help for compiling => get along otherwise go away
5 months to prepare this fork and the result is bad in any case for most of the world because some people have succeeded (with the information, it's easier)

Governance.rock, the result of the vote is not suitable, it does not matter we do as we want anyway (collateral change)

Here is the result of the fork :

1440 block per day => 525600 Blocks

ROI (1 node by collateral and 1 reward by block)

Tier 100K : 0,69 % de chance => 10 rewards
Tier 300K : 2,08 % de chance => 30 rewards
Tier 1M : 6,94 % de chance => 100 rewards
Tier 3M : 20,83 % de chance =>  300 rewards
Tier 10M : 69,44 % de chance => 1008 rewards

At this time (and it will be decrease) , there is :

65 Nodes 100K => 0,15 rewards / day => 180 Telos / month
20 Nodes 300K => 1,5 rewards / day => 1800 Telos / month
25 Nodes 1M => 4 rewards / day => 4800 Telos / month
0 Nodes 3M
4 nodes 10M => 252 rewards / day => 302400 Telos / month

We understand why they charge, it’s a big hold up by the creator of this chain… Only us can have more 10M of telos…

And, afterwards, you insult the Polish branch by calling them crooks ... I think we found the real crooks ...

Goodbye and go to the crash
phoenxikonsole (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 01:52:53 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2020, 02:19:33 PM by phoenxikonsole

You are not there from the beginning ...
Else you would know that I was for a reduction of the collateral and increasing of rewards ..

So what ?

Also you would know that we have a new forum ...

The current telos is not my idea of how it should be .. it is a result based on payed votings from polish community ..

So you really ask me ?
Ask your polish guys ..

Join the real forum .. this one here will be abandoned.

And sorry but people had 6 months time to update their wallet

Everyone is still on old wallet ...
Why ?

Thank you for nothing you morons
phoenxikonsole (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 07:38:20 AM

Just for the record the roi can be seen here:
https://masternodestats.info

I don’t know where the guy learned mathematic

If you download the latest wallet again it is 2.3.1 now.

We are meanwhile preparing the test release of Transcendence Dashbord which represents the non-Community branch of Telos. Not all functions will be accessible for everyone.

Also we offload the block scanning and decision making on user level.
So the dashboard will check your coins and Origin and gives an option to choose what you like to do with them in the upcoming fork. You can decide to let them burn or to donate them.
This is not going to affect main telos chain .. the decision is for the Telos R chain.

All in all after initial release we will remove web-based stuff as everything shall be handled decentralized by the apps.

Also we will not communicate in public and rely on community to talk about latest telos developments.
Please don’t forget the votings to build the community telos team.

Wesjuhnlz

Activity: 167
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 12:49:35 AM

Anyone has a bootstrap that connects to latest chain.

Tried updating and starting from 0 many times but always syncs to wrong chain and now my coins have become useless.

No support what so ever.
phoenxikonsole (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 06:27:53 AM

This is the old Ann thread which isn’t used anymore to post news.
https://forum.teloscoin.org/forum/main-forum/504-new-wallet-doesnt-show-balance#post504

Follow this thread above and make sure you have downloaded 2.3 from here:
https://github.com/phoenixkonsole/transcendence/releases/tag/2.3

Take the versions 2.2 bootstrap from GitHub.

For support you can join the Forum , Community disclord or community telegram groups.
unrealandy
Copper Member

Activity: 110

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 02:05:02 PM

When is the announcement of the results ... is this another marketing gimmick for the naive?

https://telosgreen.org/EN/styled-9/styled-18/

these poor marketing tricks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: