Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:35:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUR] Auroracoin - a cryptocurrency for Iceland  (Read 506371 times)
Hellionator

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 04:39:06 PM

Hitting blocks and need more hashing power at http://aur.scrypthp.com

Fast, secure MPOS pool 1% Fee.

Happy mining!

→→MPOS POOLS ON SUPERFAST SECURE SERVERS!←←
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitmixer

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

One day we will beat ECB and FED ;)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:39:22 PM

One technical question.
How dev is going to execute the airdrop smoothly?

Do Islanders need to apply for their share?
Is it going to be automated?

How dev is going to make sure coins woild be distributed properly?

DEV's will send letter to every granny in Island with guide how to setup wallet, how to make transfers, how .......... hmm and for those Islanders that didn't claim their Aurorash!t, DEV's won't sell those coins.

HAHAHA dumbest phony story for INSANE premine EVER.

DEV doesn't have any real way to target all 330k Islanders and verify them without any government issued process.

If I was DEV, I would stab myself in lungs 20 times.

But one other hand, there are always loads of naive idiots what jump on such wrong train and lose their money sooooooooo at the end, DEV will profit.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 04:48:35 PM

One technical question.

DEV's will send letter to every granny in Island with guide how to setup wallet, how to make transfers, how .......... hmm and for those Islanders that didn't claim their Aurorash!t, DEV's won't sell those coins.

DEV doesn't have any real way to target all 330k Islanders and verify them without any government issued process.

But one other hand, there are always loads of naive idiots what jump on such wrong train and lose their money sooooooooo at the end, DEV will profit.
If the dev doesn't follow the rules he set out to do I could hard fork it and invalidate the premined coins. Is everyone ok with that?

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
uozer

Activity: 381

PRiVCY

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:03:52 PM

selling 15 aur for .12 btc pm if interested

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
ratcatcher

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:11:50 PM

If the dev doesn't follow the rules he set out to do I could hard fork it and invalidate the premined coins. Is everyone ok with that?

Surely that would destroy the coin's whole declared purpose and uniqueness.

KOI/COYE: 5eFMV3xc46Kb62pjNJDkb2j7sFxhnaud3L
AUR: AaTcMBRoBHD7i48bLaE8QZXF3smF1bSwk9
MOON: 2JWdEG6RHwZq8edB4iLJ4F8HT782eP3gYe
Hellionator

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 07:26:46 PM

“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win.” -Mahatma Gandhi

Good luck Dev, I believe in you!  Where there's a will, there's a way and this is an amazing concept worth the hard work.

Please join my pool at http://aur.scrypthp.com and help decentralize the mining power.

joiblumen

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:51:37 PM

Surely that would destroy the coin's whole declared purpose and uniqueness.

I am confident that Baldur will soon publish every little detail on how the aridrop will be conducted.
If the airdrop fails or he does not deliver, the idea is extremely good and certainly possible to perform here in Iceland on a new fork.
I looked in to various ways on how to authenticate for the airdrop and the process should be a fairly straight forward to implement.

Looking forward to the details from Baldur.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:17:17 PM

Yup this is really going to happen one way or another. 99% sure it will happen as described by OP but good to have a backup plan for the 1% as well.
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:33:12 PM

One technical question.

Very Okay with that. Thanks for the insurance. Hopefully we won't need it.
micryon

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 08:33:47 PM

I'm connected to Iceland only because i used to play Eve Online.  But man that was a revolutionary game.  

I would like to help Iceland rebuild their all digital economy, i think it's a great idea.. and shows the world Iceland's tech innovation & leadership.  I really hope this coin finds it's footing and becomes successful.

For now I'll keep mining AUR Smiley

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
lasciv

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:35:07 PM

One technical question.

lol.. innovative..
Munken

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:42:10 PM

One technical question.

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain, and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 09:28:36 PM

One technical question.

I agree with this theory. Minus the harsh words.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
ZoladkowaGorzka

Activity: 149

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:09:00 PM

there is always a risk thay dev will do against the rules he stated. But he will get hmm 300$ ? For some shitcoins coins?
If he does abide his rules and distribute the coins thoroughly he will be mich more richier.

AUR is worth mining because we take part in social experiment that was not introduced elsewhere.

Hellionator

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 10:30:05 PM

there is always a risk thay dev will do against the rules he stated. But he will get hmm 300$ ? For some shitcoins coins?
If he does abide his rules and distribute the coins thoroughly he will be mich more richier.

AUR is worth mining because we take part in social experiment that was not introduced elsewhere.

Agreed there's more to gain for everyone if we all play fair so I trust the devteam motivations.

ravgninn

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:23:39 PM

Why state something you have no idea about so unequivocally?

There is indeed a publicly accessible national database in Iceland and multiple ways to securely verify identity online.
http://www.island.is/islykill/

Whether the devs are honest is perhaps in question but the viability of their claims are not.
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:26:43 PM

Come on dev I believe in this coin and am mining at present please don't let us down.....
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:49:07 PM

So is it still worth mining this coin or not? Sounds like not to me Angry
balduro (OP)

Activity: 76

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:00:25 AM

As various posts by knowledgeable people in this thread demonstrate, the Airdrop is technically feasible. There should be no doubt about that.

I am finishing a statement for release within 48 hours. I have taken into consideration many of the concerns I have seen on the forum and reddit. It will hopefully answer the questions people have been asking about the details of the Airdrop and the aftermath.

The coins will be worthless, the reputation of cryptocurrencies in Iceland damaged and my time will have been wasted if I don't make good on the plan. So chill.
That Guy

Activity: 75

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:02:02 AM

Awesome to hear. Really looking forward to the future of this coin.

"Sharks are winners, and they don't look back because they have no necks. Necks are for sheep." -That Guy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: