Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:51:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUR] Auroracoin - a cryptocurrency for Iceland  (Read 506375 times)
Lordoftherigs

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:39:12 PM

I dropped all my AUR for MZC, follow !

I sold all my MZC just to pick up the AUR you were dropping Cheesy
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:42:06 PM

It very simple, sell HIGH and buy LOW

Btw,i don't sell under .125 Smiley
agx.io

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:48:06 PM

Austin Global Exchange announces that Auroracoin will be on AGX at launch! AGX is open for registrations and you can set up your wallets, profile, and security options so you're ready to trade. You can check out the site and register at agx.io.

- The Austin Global Team

Find us at:
agx.io
twitter.com/AustinGlobalX
austinglobal.tumblr.com
eclipso

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:08:50 PM

Just want to chime in and say that this is a novel idea.  The key word here being "IDEA".  

The dev developed the "IDEA" and released the coin without a REAL implementation plan and either one of several things is going to happen.

1. He will attempt to find a manual method of doing distribution, or will mail out some random paper wallets, or find some other half ass way to do a TINY bit of distribution and claim that he is meeting his promise.

2. He will give the coins to friends, or perhaps to a group of folks on an iceland forum board or IRC channel (These folks may or may not be actual Ice Lander's) and claim that he is meeting his promise.

3. He will dump them him self or by using friends and other associates... if he is smart he will do this slowly in combination with some of the above mentioned.

4. He will dump a bunch of the pre mined coins himself in large quantities (get noticed) and disappear with a large profit.

What I can GUARANTEE YOU will NOT happen is that the coins will be distributed to all ICELANDERS as promised.

Sure there is a national ID system that "COULD" be used for verification purposes.  There "COULD" be a method of checking an online form fillers IP address for Icelanders ISP's.  There "COULD" be all kinds of things.... BUT all that SHOULD have been put in place BEFORE the coin was launched, and all of that WOULD have been in the media many months prior to seeing it show up only in forums that discuss bit/alt coins.

I completely understand folks jumping on new coins for quick profit (I do it myself), but the amount of Zealotry in this thread makes me sick to my stomach.

All of you in this thread need to ask yourself these questions:

Where are the websites and detailed TECHNICAL PROOF of any kind of coin delivery system.  Where are the WHITE PAPERS showing his plans to thwart hackers and folks who would try impersonate Icelanders via VPN or by generating fake National ID's via algorithm like a common key gen?  Where is the proof that the dev even has ACCESS to all the ID numbers in order to prove they come from the national database?  Where is his list of Icelandic addresses if he wants to send paper wallets?  

Let alone how is he going to explain what he is even giving away?  Contrary to popular belief, most folks don't even know what a BIT COIN is, let alone what a Auroracoin is.  Does the dev think that all these folks are going to get on a computer and take the weeks of reading and searching to find out wtf a crypto currency is, how exchanges work, how to convert to BTC/ Etc?  If he plans on delivering "paper wallets" who is going to explain to the common folks how the encryption keys work or how to "sweep" those keys to a physical wallet?  Where is his program for mass adoption of this coin in Iceland?  There isn't even a SINGLE place in Iceland that will accept this "coin".  NOT ONE STORE.  

He would have had to have MASSIVE (AND I MEAN MASSIVE!) youtube, twitter, blog-o-spere, and PUBLIC educational videos already available BEFORE the coin went live in order for this to have a chance in hell of ever working.  Even with ALL the above the chance's are still TINY that the country would adopt any crypto.  People on these forums just need a reality check of the fact that most people aren't even computer literate (sure they can get on facebook, and type out a few emails, but that is pretty much the extent of it) let alone able or WILLING to do all the research and experimenting with cryptos to even make it worth their while.

I could go on and on.

The reality is that there is nothing but WORDS on a website.

Only some anonymous coin dev making promises that he can't deliver.

No matter what happens with this coin it WILL BE bad for crypto's, and ALT COINS in particular.  This will be seen as another failure because the DEV of this coin did NOT do his homework BEFORE release.

This post is not FUD, nor is it an attempt to move price one way or the other.  It's just a fucking reality check to those of you who are blindly believing in the promises of some random person on the internet.  IF that isn't the definition of gullible, than I don't know what is.

If you want to go on about the short term profits of this coin, or how your market orders are doing well, fine.  I'm all about that.

But let's call a spade a spade and stop the bullshit about this coin actually doing ANYTHING positive for the folks in Iceland.

As they say... "PICS or it didn't happen!"  I say show me the PROOF instead of just WORDS on a website.

Lordoftherigs

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:12:06 PM

somebody should moderate this forum the amount of trolls repeating the same thing over and over is unbearable  Grin
eclipso

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:16:37 PM

somebody should moderate this forum the amount of trolls repeating the same thing over and over is unbearable  Grin

Look... a zealot.  The only troll on this thread are people like you spouting off BULLSHIT, and calling anyone who points out the obvious trolls.

cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1253

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:17:24 PM

Along with a bunch of more well-known crypto-folk who appear to be part of the air-drop process that is planned, such as:
Quote from: Twitter
Moolah ‏@moolah_io

If only there was going to be a really simple way to redeem the #auroracoin airdrop through somebody like us... *winks*.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
eclipso

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:24:39 PM

Along with a bunch of more well-known crypto-folk who appear to be part of the air-drop process that is planned, such as:
Moolah ‏@moolah_io

If only there was going to be a really simple way to redeem the #auroracoin airdrop through somebody like us... *winks*.

ooooooo a "bunch" of crypto folk who are going to reach out to THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND Icelanders. 

So lets say there are 100 of you "Crypto Folks"  you are each going to personally reach out SUCCESSFULLY to distribute, educate, train, and more to THREE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED Icelanders EACH... when you don't even live in the region.  Some of who don't even have computers? 

Do you really expect anyone to believe that BULLSHIT.
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:27:32 PM

Dude, why are you so angry?

Iceland is a country with a highly educated population with a very high proportion of internet users.

<>300K people being sent a mailshot letter that is going to give them free money is not likely to be ignored and is extremely doable, think about how much shit comes through your mom's letterbox every day.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
axmatic

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:35:27 PM

Here's a tip for all the miners who keep dumping your shit on the market:

If you really like to sell at lower prices, keep doing that. If you prefer to sell at higher prices, then take it easy on the sell side, and spread your orders out a little bit.

It wouldn't kill you to participate in the trading a little bit, either.
ghur

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:39:33 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 04:51:30 PM by ghur

Here's a tip for all the miners who keep dumping your shit on the market:

If you really like to sell at lower prices, keep doing that. If you prefer to sell at higher prices, then take it easy on the sell side, and spread your orders out a little bit.

It wouldn't kill you to participate in the trading a little bit, either.

Except miners don't have faith in the coin (which is understandable) and rather cash in now than gamble on the future.
Right now the coin can't even process transactions within a reasonable timeframe and the developers are MIA.

Besides, miners can't even dump right now because the developers forgot to implement KGW.

doge: D8q8dR6tEAcaJ7U65jP6AAkiiL2CFJaHah
Automated faucet, pays daily: Qoinpro
eclipso

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:44:01 PM

Dude, why are you so angry?

Iceland is a country with a highly educated population with a very high proportion of internet users.

<>300K people being sent a mailshot letter that is going to give them free money is not likely to be ignored and is extremely doable, think about how much shit comes through your mom's letterbox every day.

Have the DEV post the list of all THREE HUNDRED TWENTY THOUSAND Addresses to prove that he even has those addresses.  You can't because he doesn't and neither do you or any of the other zealots on this board. 

You are just spouting bullshit because you don't want the speculation value of your coins to crash.

Better to just keep your mouth shut than to spout of more stupidity.
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 04:51:09 PM

Just want to chime in and say that this is a novel idea.  The key word here being "IDEA".  

Thank you for sharing your thoughts mate. I appreciate the fact that you really took the time to actually bring it in a decent and nice way  Smiley

Yet I feel the need to respond to some of your thoughts:

What I can GUARANTEE YOU will NOT happen is that the coins will be distributed to all ICELANDERS as promised.

You seem somehow unsure of any serious effort made to try and explain the plan behind this coin, yet you manage to give an absolute guarantee to the opposite? May I ask in response to see some pictures of actual proof of that statement?

Sure there is a national ID system that "COULD" be used for verification purposes.  There "COULD" be a method of checking an online form fillers IP address for Icelanders ISP's.  There "COULD" be all kinds of things.... BUT all that SHOULD have been put in place BEFORE the coin was launched, and all of that WOULD have been in the media many months prior to seeing it show up only in forums that discuss bit/alt coins.

I see your doubts and understand completely how you feel. But there is another way to look at this. Compare it to bitcoin, you started your "chime" with the right word, namely IDEA! This is all de dev had to introduce. Just like Satoshi Nakamoto did with only his whitepaper of a coin, later to become Bitcoin. But the dev did far more than just that, he paved the way voor a community (I mean guy's like us) to pick it up and together with him turn it into a success! And as one of the more serious contributors to this initiative I generated the feeling of trust along the way as I became more familiar with not only the real insights of the Dev, but far more important, the insights we as a community can bring together to really make this work!

You see, this is not done by a singel Dev (team), this can only work if the community behind it puts in its share. We all like Crypto because it takes control from banks and governments and gives is to us, the community. Therefor we (the community) must take that control, rather then sitting back and wait for a Dev-team to become the next bank that is the only one in control. That is exactly why Balduro has given us all the space to create our own control!

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:54:36 PM

Have the DEV post the list of all THREE HUNDRED TWENTY THOUSAND Addresses to prove that he even has those addresses.
Wow, you really haven't done any research about Iceland at all, have you?

Actually I don't have any of these coins, never did.

You do realise, right, that simply shouting angry things at anybody who is questioning the validity of your claims, automatically voids your assertions?

That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Critical thinking 101.

I never said that these things were going to be done, I merely pointed out that they could easily be done given Iceland's unique situation.

You, on the other hand, are just screaming insults at everybody and making bold. yet unsupported, assertions about how things are not going to be done because they are just words on a screen.

LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 04:59:16 PM

Moolah ‏@moolah_io

ooooooo a "bunch" of crypto folk who are going to reach out to THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND Icelanders. 

So lets say there are 100 of you "Crypto Folks"  you are each going to personally reach out SUCCESSFULLY to distribute, educate, train, and more to THREE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED Icelanders EACH... when you don't even live in the region.  Some of who don't even have computers? 

Do you really expect anyone to believe that BULLSHIT.

I see exactly what you mean! That's why it puzzels me so how that company that got bought the other day by Facebook for 19 bilion dollars managed to get billions of people to use some sort of chatting software of them, while they only had a staff of 20?? What was that companies name again...... Huh Huh Huh

eclipso

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:03:19 PM

Have the DEV post the list of all THREE HUNDRED TWENTY THOUSAND Addresses to prove that he even has those addresses.
Wow, you really haven't done any research about Iceland at all, have you?

Actually I don't have any of these coins, never did.

You do realise, right, that simply shouting angry things at anybody who is questioning the validity of your claims, automatically voids your assertions?

That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Critical thinking 101.

I never said that these things were going to be done, I merely pointed out that they could easily be done given Iceland's unique situation.

You, on the other hand, are just screaming insults at everybody and making bold. yet unsupported, assertions about how things are not going to be done because they are just words on a screen.

Using the whole "It's the community's responsibility" to do what the DEV or DEVS said he or they were going to do is a cop out.  No one is going to waste their time and energy to do so unless they are being paid.  And even if the DEV sets some bounties and asks for community involvement, done of that is going to be possible without the information I have already stated that the DEV or DEVS doesn't actually have.

If he/they did, then he/they would be proving it to the community right NOW, being as the "supposed" air drop is less than a month away.  

Seriously you zealots are deluded.

Maybe you should prey for Jesus Christ himself to magically appear on the doorsteps of all Icelanders with a new computer preloaded with a digital wallet full of Auroracoin!
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 05:04:02 PM

Please let me re-quote that just for you a couple of times:

You're welcome  Grin

The database is already public to ALL Icelandic inhabitants!!!!

So again one more time:

Wink

eclipso

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:06:58 PM

Please let me re-quote that just for you a couple of times:

You're welcome  Grin

The database is already public to ALL Icelandic inhabitants!!!!

So again one more time:

Wink

Show it to me and all the folks on this forum. 

AND then explain how the DEV is going to use it to implement all the questions from my previous post.
Aboroth

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:10:35 PM

I see your doubts and understand completely how you feel. But there is another way to look at this. Compare it to bitcoin, you started your "chime" with the right word, namely IDEA! This is all de dev had to introduce. Just like Satoshi Nakamoto did with only his whitepaper of a coin, later to become Bitcoin. But the dev did far more than just that, he paved the way voor a community (I mean guy's like us) to pick it up and together with him turn it into a success! And as one of the more serious contributors to this initiative I generated the feeling of trust along the way as I became more familiar with not only the real insights of the Dev, but far more important, the insights we as a community can bring together to really make this work!

You see, this is not done by a singel Dev (team), this can only work if the community behind it puts in its share. We all like Crypto because it takes control from banks and governments and gives is to us, the community. Therefor we (the community) must take that control, rather then sitting back and wait for a Dev-team to become the next bank that is the only one in control. That is exactly why Balduro has given us all the space to create our own control!

I totally get where you're coming from, community effort is great and all, but to be done properly the dev should have made a website, and posted on some message boards saying, "Hey I've got this idea, help me figure out how to do it, then once the plan is in place, we'll start the coin." BEFORE mining anything. Making a new coin isn't hard, so don't act like he's some kind of genius saint for copying a copy of a copy of a coin, which has been done hundreds of times already. That part isn't hard, the hard part is figuring out how to do this properly. Now the project is on a strict, arbitrary timeline.

Lack of proper planning only makes this less likely to succeed. If anybody really cared about making this a reality, the plan should have been in place before a single coin was mined.

If this fails, it will look bad for the crypto community. I mean holy crap, there's less than 3 weeks to the "airdrop" and we don't know the exact mechanism for it. It seems like this project is being treated like a final project for a class that everybody forgot to start until just before it was due.

By the way when I say "exact mechanism" I don't mean, "we're using a public database lolz". I mean, there should be a plan like, "Icelanders will go to this website, fill out this form, be verified this way, get the coins this way, with proof of receipt done this way...", or "This person is going to buy hundreds of thousands of stamps, envelopes, and letters, to send out codes to every Icelander, then they will redeem them this way, all using money that was raised from this source..."
eclipso

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:15:49 PM

I totally get where you're coming from, community effort is great and all, but to be done properly the dev should have made a website, and posted on some message boards saying, "Hey I've got this idea, help me figure out how to do it, then once the plan is in place, we'll start the coin." BEFORE mining anything. Making a new coin isn't hard, so don't act like he's some kind of genius saint for copying a copy of a copy of a coin, which has been done hundreds of times already. That part isn't hard, the hard part is figuring out how to do this properly. Now the project is on a strict, arbitrary timeline.

Lack of proper planning only makes this less likely to succeed. If anybody really cared about making this a reality, the plan should have been in place before a single coin was mined.

If this fails, it will look bad for the crypto community. I mean holy crap, there's less than 3 weeks to the "airdrop" and we don't know the exact mechanism for it. It seems like this project is being treated like a final project for a class that everybody forgot to start until just before it was due.

This is exactly my point.

Spot on.

As a person who's actual profession is "Technical Project Manager" I can tell you this distribution method with ZERO PLANNING hasn't a snowball's chance in hell of succeeding.
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: