Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:34:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUR] Auroracoin - a cryptocurrency for Iceland  (Read 506376 times)
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 02:07:38 PM

I'll get myself some for longterm-holding.

That is the only good reason to buy right now! If early adopters of Bitcoin were as impatient as most people are around good alt coins now, it would still be play money atm...

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
mineabit

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 09:28:08 AM

As most of the pools in the OP are dead i guess it doesn't help the coin if the only pool going is the one that switches to it only when it's profitable...

Our pool is still online with a nominal 0.25% fee so get yourself some coins and keep the network going!!
lolwut
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 11:10:34 PM

https://coinking.io

Auroracoin: stratum+tcp://us1.coinking.io:3346
         Scrypt Multipool: stratum+tcp://us1.coinking.io:7777

About COINKING.io
         50+ Coins
         1% Pool Fee
         Custom Coded from the ground up for scalability
         Scrypt, Scrypt-N, X11, X13, SHA256, Quark Support
         Multipools for Scrypt, Scrypt-N, X11, X13, SHA256
         American, European, and Asian stratum servers
         Auto-Convert block rewards to BTC/DOGE/LTC/FLT/WC/VTC/CINNI/WEST/PC/DRK/MAST/CRY/BOST/DIS
         Proprietary Profit Analysis Algorithm
         Dedicated (Single Coin) Mining Ports for every coin
         Email and SMS Alerts for everything!
         SMS (Text Message) Two Factor Auth
         DDoS Protection
         Automated configuration builder for all coins/algorithms.
         Refer other miners and earn 1% on all referrals with our innovative referral system

Support
         URL: https://coinking.io
         Email: admin@coinking.io
         IRC: irc.freenode.net #coinking

.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,

venlo

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:45:10 AM

a lot of potential to the upside now. what comes down must go up. i am in.
qumatru

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:54:33 AM

this coin is lacking promotion and leadership right now and that's killing the price. things need to happen, news and stories to be told. moves must be busted Smiley
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:30:07 AM

this coin is lacking promotion and leadership right now and that's killing the price. things need to happen, news and stories to be told. moves must be busted Smiley

screw price.

this coin needs adoption. It has another chance (2nd round of airdrop in 6 weeks). I'm pretty sure there wont be such crazy hype and insane price rise as last time, so Icelanders wont be as tempted to sell.

Also this time we have android wallet ready. We also have https://litepaid.com easy merchant app:

What we still need (lack?) of course is a sizable community in Iceland.

Anyone from Iceland here who can assess the situation?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
ontopicplease

Activity: 778

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:40:14 AM

There have been some demand for aurora last couple of days. Maybe someone gets interested. Indeed there is huge upside potential. But, I think, the Icelandic people have to do the job now. What this coin needs is a group of Icelandic people that are going to work on a plan how to get AURORA used in daily business in Iceland.
coinnext

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:20:10 PM

Coinnext Exchange added AuroraCoin

Trade at https://coinnext.com/trade/AUR/BTC

marechoux

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:43:33 PM

The fall of auroracoin could be predicted in my mind and that's why I did not buy it when it was that expensive (1/4 of bitcoin market cap for a 300.000 inhabitants...) even if I loved the project.
At the top 1 coin had a value of 100$, so imagine people who had never heard about cryptocurrencies and have suddenly 38 coins so 3800$ in their hands, they just want to convert it into fiat immediately then the price can only crash...

So now there is cheap coin but the project is still interesting, the only problem is to know if devellopers are still in or if they gave up on the coin?
Is there a community in Iceland still involved in the project ? Is balduro still active?
Is there any projects in Iceland to promote the coin like 20% discount for a beer bought in auroracoin in some bars?

I have been in Iceland for 2 weeks and I do like this country, I think this is the country where cryptocurrency could replace fiat for the 1st time.

If there is still a community there please try to show that you are still active.
joiblumen

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:30:43 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 11:46:50 PM by joiblumen

I am currently working full-time this summer developing for Auroracoin and actively building a community here in Iceland.

I apologies for not providing any updates from me or others here in Iceland. To be honest, I was really worn out after the sudden crazy media attention here in Iceland, my trip to CFR in New York, and all while learning the ins and outs of the protocol for development. I was also a little afraid of keeping up the hype along with the inflated price from speculators and didn't want to bring any false hope if I were to fail in my mission.

That being said, things are going along quite well right now. I have gathered a good group of highly interested individuals and we are in the last phase of starting a real organization to represent the blockchain technology here in Iceland as well as supporting Auroracoin officially. Tomorrow, a public preparation meeting will be held and then we are good to go.
KBS, "South Korea’s leading public broadcaster, the largest television network, and the most influential media organization in the
country" is also arriving tomorrow. They will attend the meeting and interview people for their documentary on Auroracoin.

Baldur told me some time ago that he (the pseudonym Baldur) would like to gradually step away from the project so he wont be seen as the leader, and suggested that I could maybe start a foundation for Auroracoin. After some thought, I decided to go for an umbrella organization for the technology instead of just an Auroracoin foundation as I think it will unite a lot of interested individuals here in Iceland to support cryptocurrencies in general.

Although, Auroracoin support will need to be a major focus. Due to capital controls, no one is able to wire money out of the country e.g. to Bitstamp. So the average person here in Iceland is actually not able to buy Bitcoins or any other cryptocurrency for that mater in large quantities, except Auroracoin. With just a few clicks, the average person can get a relatively large share of Auroracoin, so it is obvious that the organization should do everything to keep Auroracoin up and running and act as a foundation as well.

Regarding development; I have completed updating the Auroracoin source to the latest Bitcoin 0.9, and just have to finish getting every single test to pass. Next I will move on to porting bitcoinjs to Auroracoin. I also want to port libbitcoin and setup an obelisk server so we can have "darkwallet" as the go-to wallet for the average person.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:51:06 PM

Next I will move on to porting bitcoinjs to Auroracoin.

Have you talked to nite96 (or was it nite69?). Afaik he (they?) ported bitcoinj already for use in the schildbach android AUR wallet, no?

EDIT: this maybe: https://github.com/Nite69/bitcoinj-scrypt.git

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
joiblumen

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:00:56 PM

Next I will move on to porting bitcoinjs to Auroracoin.

Have you talked to nite96 (or was it nite69?). Afaik he (they?) ported bitcoinj already for use in the schildbach android AUR wallet, no?

EDIT: this maybe: https://github.com/Nite69/bitcoinj-scrypt.git

Yes, me and nite69 have been in constant communication regarding development on bitcoinj for the android wallet  Wink.
Bitcoinj is the java implementation and bitcoinjs is javascript (for webwallets and such).
Omnivion

Activity: 145

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:24:36 AM

It's nice to hear that someone is taking the reins on this coin.

However, I think it still suffers from the main problem it's had since the beginning, which is a lack of trasparency in the airdrop distribution.  Baldur has appeared to act in a trustworthy manner, but it is not ideal to have to trust a single, unknown entity.  Surely there would have been someone in the cryptocurrency community that is both well-known/trusted and would have been willing to preserve Baldur's anonymity who could have overseen or at least audited the airdrop.

Blockchain for Apps | Blockchain for Business | Blockchain for Future
runall

Activity: 175

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:07:35 AM

Unfortunately, it is not so easy.  Sad
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:11:10 AM

However, I think it still suffers from the main problem it's had since the beginning, which is a lack of trasparency in the airdrop distribution.  Baldur has appeared to act in a trustworthy manner, but it is not ideal to have to trust a single, unknown entity.  Surely there would have been someone in the cryptocurrency community that is both well-known/trusted and would have been willing to preserve Baldur's anonymity who could have overseen or at least audited the airdrop.

Just out of curiosity: how excactly would you audit the airdrop?

BohemianStalker

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:57:24 AM

I am currently working full-time this summer developing for Auroracoin and actively building a community here in Iceland.

I apologies for not providing any updates from me or others here in Iceland. To be honest, I was really worn out after the sudden crazy media attention here in Iceland, my trip to CFR in New York, and all while learning the ins and outs of the protocol for development. I was also a little afraid of keeping up the hype along with the inflated price from speculators and didn't want to bring any false hope if I were to fail in my mission.

That being said, things are going along quite well right now. I have gathered a good group of highly interested individuals and we are in the last phase of starting a real organization to represent the blockchain technology here in Iceland as well as supporting Auroracoin officially. Tomorrow, a public preparation meeting will be held and then we are good to go.
KBS, "South Korea’s leading public broadcaster, the largest television network, and the most influential media organization in the
country" is also arriving tomorrow. They will attend the meeting and interview people for their documentary on Auroracoin.

Baldur told me some time ago that he (the pseudonym Baldur) would like to gradually step away from the project so he wont be seen as the leader, and suggested that I could maybe start a foundation for Auroracoin. After some thought, I decided to go for an umbrella organization for the technology instead of just an Auroracoin foundation as I think it will unite a lot of interested individuals here in Iceland to support cryptocurrencies in general.

Although, Auroracoin support will need to be a major focus. Due to capital controls, no one is able to wire money out of the country e.g. to Bitstamp. So the average person here in Iceland is actually not able to buy Bitcoins or any other cryptocurrency for that mater in large quantities, except Auroracoin. With just a few clicks, the average person can get a relatively large share of Auroracoin, so it is obvious that the organization should do everything to keep Auroracoin up and running and act as a foundation as well.

Regarding development; I have completed updating the Auroracoin source to the latest Bitcoin 0.9, and just have to finish getting every single test to pass. Next I will move on to porting bitcoinjs to Auroracoin. I also want to port libbitcoin and setup an obelisk server so we can have "darkwallet" as the go-to wallet for the average person.
Do you have any plans on turning auroracoin to proof of stake only?
Why would national currency should award anything to foreign miners? When it can be secured better without any mining via proof of stake???
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 09:37:25 PM

Hi Omnivion,

This is something I've been puzzling on for quit some time now. To be honest, I would love to see some transparency on the part of the airdrop distribution, I even know Balduro wants this as well.

Problem is, who can publicly act as a trustee (well-known/trusted) and stay safe from Bankers, Government and other criminals? You know, crypto is for a very large part about getting control back to the public, without entities overruling that control.

So, if we were to find a well-known and trusted person, he or she must be willing to take a very large chance of being pursued by forces with bad intentions. This is why, to me, it seems rather logical that this hasn't been done yet

For now, Balduro has shown to be very legit and trustworthy. Mind you, he could have run off with millions at the time the rate of AUR was beyond believe. He didn't...

For now, to me, Baldur is the perfect keeper of the airdrop stack, he is the most trustworthy and capable, anonymous, person to do this job.

Meanwhile, it's up to us to get things going. With Joiblumen and his great team of Icelandic enthousiast on the roll, we can try to help them. This is in the interest of general acceptance of crypto!

LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 09:43:17 PM

Do you have any plans on turning auroracoin to proof of stake only?
Why would national currency should award anything to foreign miners? When it can be secured better without any mining via proof of stake???

Hi Bohemian,

I am with you on the POS thought. For now I'm very happy with the development happening in Iceland ATM. Let's focus on getting the locals behind the coin for now. Meanwhile I now for sure things like POS wil be taken very serious by the DEV team.

Cheers,

LTEX

LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 09:45:11 PM

Unfortunately, it is not so easy.  Sad

It's never easy my friend  Grin  Thing is, is it worth our effort?

dragonseer

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:12:52 AM

Hi Omnivion,

This is something I've been puzzling on for quit some time now. To be honest, I would love to see some transparency on the part of the airdrop distribution, I even know Balduro wants this as well.

Problem is, who can publicly act as a trustee (well-known/trusted) and stay safe from Bankers, Government and other criminals? You know, crypto is for a very large part about getting control back to the public, without entities overruling that control.

So, if we were to find a well-known and trusted person, he or she must be willing to take a very large chance of being pursued by forces with bad intentions. This is why, to me, it seems rather logical that this hasn't been done yet

For now, Balduro has shown to be very legit and trustworthy. Mind you, he could have run off with millions at the time the rate of AUR was beyond believe. He didn't...

For now, to me, Baldur is the perfect keeper of the airdrop stack, he is the most trustworthy and capable, anonymous, person to do this job.

Meanwhile, it's up to us to get things going. With Joiblumen and his great team of Icelandic enthousiast on the roll, we can try to help them. This is in the interest of general acceptance of crypto!

For this coin to succeed there will have to be developers and advocates that can speak publicly, without fearing what will happen to them if they come out in support of it. Anonymity isn't doing this coin any favors right now, that's for sure

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: