Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:34:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUR] Auroracoin - a cryptocurrency for Iceland  (Read 506376 times)
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 01:15:52 PM

I'm looking for someone who can do translation into Icelandic.  Willing to pay in AUR, BTC or $.  PM me if you are a native speaker and interested.
SpainCoinDev

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

SpainCoin.org

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 05:48:41 PM

I'm looking for someone who can do translation into Icelandic.  Willing to pay in AUR, BTC or $.  PM me if you are a native speaker and interested.
Have you tried odesk.com ?

Bimmerhead
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 03:50:49 PM

Have you tried odesk.com ?
Doesn't seem to be anyone on odesk with the requisite skills.

Still looking, tell me your price.
balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:13:44 AM

It is possible that Auroracoin was 'designed to fail' like you said, and that this project was commissioned by people scared of the change that cryptos can bring and sabotaged from the start. Because the developer chose to stay anonymous then there is no way to deny this accusation. But it is also the case that this is still a project that other people can build on, so long as there are people in Iceland willing to devote their time and lend their names to a movement in order to revitalize this project.

why designed to fail? How it played out is exactly what i anticipated from day one - i did not anticipate people giving up on it, but it was clear from the launch that this airdrop would cause massive decrease in price and the speculative bubble in the beginning was madness of course. Everyone with half a brain was able to see that clear as day. People seem not to think.

Now what about AUR? Let it rot or what?
What about the airdrop? Will that be going on until the year 2020 or what?
Take the heads out of your asses and stop the airdrop and then build this coin up to a top 10 coin again. Nothing more easy than that. I count on you to make me filthy rich Wink

Just stop the sellpressure from the free coins and it'll turn out quite well.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:47:14 AM

It is possible that Auroracoin was 'designed to fail' like you said, and that this project was commissioned by people scared of the change that cryptos can bring and sabotaged from the start. Because the developer chose to stay anonymous then there is no way to deny this accusation. But it is also the case that this is still a project that other people can build on, so long as there are people in Iceland willing to devote their time and lend their names to a movement in order to revitalize this project.

why designed to fail? How it played out is exactly what i anticipated from day one - i did not anticipate people giving up on it, but it was clear from the launch that this airdrop would cause massive decrease in price and the speculative bubble in the beginning was madness of course. Everyone with half a brain was able to see that clear as day. People seem not to think.

Now what about AUR? Let it rot or what?
What about the airdrop? Will that be going on until the year 2020 or what?
Take the heads out of your asses and stop the airdrop and then build this coin up to a top 10 coin again. Nothing more easy than that. I count on you to make me filthy rich Wink

Just stop the sellpressure from the free coins and it'll turn out quite well.

If you look at the 'tx_count' and 't' columns (the other columns about claim rate are wrong the calculation assumes at least one claim per block (or hour, don't know)): http://blockexplorer.auroracoin.eu/claims.2.html you'll see that we have about 2 claims a day or 636 AUR/day selling pressure form airdrop

I think the selling pressure from miners is greater: not sure what the block time is supposed to be, but it seems we're currently mining about 80 blocks in 5 hours (roughly guessed from: http://blockexplorer.auroracoin.eu/chain/AuroraCoin?count=100&hi=71155), which comes out to roughly 4,750 AUR/day selling pressure from mining.

The airdrop isn't a problem. Mining isn't a problem either (it's needed). Lack of local (and global) interest is a problem.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
javierbaco

Activity: 172
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 10:55:34 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2014, 02:20:21 PM by javierbaco

Hi,
 I am in favor of national currencies because they may have a real use, something that others will never have.
Regarding Aur I have some at higher prices and just now I buyed more because I see that It is moving volume and scale in Price in the last month.
Also I have Cataloniacoin (Catc) which is a currency equal and different. Equal because it would be for use in the territory of Catalonia and different because It has sold part of premine in ICO (C-Cex) and burned the rest. They'll make a change from Scrypt-N algorithm X11 and I don`t know if it's better or worse. Also can only mine the same number as the coins sold in ICO, for a total emission of just over 5 million.
I really hope It succeed because this type of Cryptos can understand anyone, without to be an informatic.  Roll Eyes

Are you waiting any news in Aur? The volume always is talking ... In Catc I am waiting some news.  Shocked
Catc and Aur are rising, perhaps become friends and go hand in hand.  Grin
Greetings And Have a good day
javierbaco

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:13:04 PM

No need for words  Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed
Skarfur

Activity: 258

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:58:35 PM

This project is not dead.

I've been forming a group here lately to continue the development of the Auroracoin project. We are not many and have been doing this in our off time. What we want to do here is to kickstart this project again and hope we can attract more people from the community to join us and help make this project a success.

For those of you who are wondering why Auroracoin came to a halt in Iceland, the answer is very simple. We didn't have an exchange with isk  ~ aur pairs. We can't expect any cryptocurrency to be successful without the early adopters having the ability to exchange the currency to and from a fiat currency. This is what happened here.

This however is being worked on. Separate from the Auroracoin development group I and a couple of others have formed a company and have prepared all the legal and banking background needed and are working on launching an exchange site for isk ~ aur trading pair. We believe that this is the milestone needed to get auroracoin rolling in Iceland.

A member of our (not officially formed) Auroracoin development group has been working on this project from the beginning and is one of the few if not the only person that Balduro is in communication with. He is not associated with Balduro in any way but since he dedicated a lot of time on this project from the beginning he has had a communication line with Balduro. This member has told us that Balduro has promised that we would get control of the auroracoin.org domain, so we will soon start to work on a new official website.

Regarding our direction with the development of the coin. We don't have any interest in any feature orgy like so many alt coins are doing these days. We want mainly to focus our efforts on adoption. What we have done is we have forked Bitcoin and lightly modified it to be the source for Auroracoin. We believe that this way we don't have to focus all our time on the coin code development but be able to focus it on getting people here to know the coin and teach them to use it.

We have however not fully decided what direction we should take regarding the mining algo. This has been discussed back and forth. What I hope to see here is some discussion and opinions from the community. As we see it there are just two options to think about. Use an algo that is asic resistant and thus give the individual a chance to do some mining at home. This however is often an illusion as most of the asic resistant algo's are largely mined my gpu mining farms thus beating the point. Of course there might be other algo's out there that are gpu resistant but how reliable are they? The other option is to either go with SHA-256 or continue with scrypt and be mined mainly be the large mining farms. This option in many ways is good as it has much more potential to secure the network so we have been leaning towards this. This would also give us a good opportunity to be merge mined with some of the larger coins which would be a brilliant way to secure the network. It would be great to get some opinions and ideas from you guys regarding this matter.

Well I think this is enough for now. I just wanted to let you all know that this is being worked on and that all of you are invited to take part in this great project. I'm sure there will be a lot of questions and I will try my best to answer them.

Bimmerhead
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 01:06:18 PM

Actually I'd really appreciate some words, since I don't know much about technical analysis.  Is this bullish or bearish?
Bimmerhead
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 01:10:55 PM

Skarfur thank you for the update, this is really good to hear.

We have however not fully decided what direction we should take regarding the mining algo. This has been discussed back and forth. What I hope to see here is some discussion and opinions from the community. As we see it there are just two options to think about. Use an algo that is asic resistant and thus give the individual a chance to do some mining at home. This however is often an illusion as most of the asic resistant algo's are largely mined my gpu mining farms thus beating the point. Of course there might be other algo's out there that are gpu resistant but how reliable are they? The other option is to either go with SHA-256 or continue with scrypt and be mined mainly be the large mining farms. This option in many ways is good as it has much more potential to secure the network so we have been leaning towards this. This would also give us a good opportunity to be merge mined with some of the larger coins which would be a brilliant way to secure the network. It would be great to get some opinions and ideas from you guys regarding this matter.

Well I think this is enough for now. I just wanted to let you all know that this is being worked on and that all of you are invited to take part in this great project. I'm sure there will be a lot of questions and I will try my best to answer them.

I'd like to see merged mining with bitcoin or litecoin.  While I understand the attraction of mining, I think security of the network is paramount.  I would think Icelanders especially want to know that their currency is not going to be attacked.  Auroracoin is especially vulnerable on this issue because of the threat of attack back in the spring.
Skarfur

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 01:29:15 PM

I'd like to see merged mining with bitcoin or litecoin.  While I understand the attraction of mining, I think security of the network is paramount.  I would think Icelanders especially want to know that their currency is not going to be attacked.  Auroracoin is especially vulnerable on this issue because of the threat of attack back in the spring.

Yes that is my own opinion and it's good to get some feedback from you guys regarding this. If someone disagrees on that it would be great to hear why.
javierbaco

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 02:34:01 PM

Actually I'd really appreciate some words, since I don't know much about technical analysis.  Is this bullish or bearish?

I'm surprised your question. Of course it is bullish  Wink
rocanonz

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 07:33:24 PM

Yes that is my own opinion and it's good to get some feedback from you guys regarding this. If someone disagrees on that it would be great to hear why.

The national currency is the strongest brand of a country, for those who are using the currency daily. Auroracoin is a Icelandic currency and I will not dilute that by merged mining, if there is another way to secure the coin.

20 years from now I will be pleasantly surprised to hear that Auroracoin is mined only in Iceland with clean, green energy. And the mining profit is invested back in green projects around the world. So instead of more aluminum you are producing more freedom.
A deal with industrial miners based in Iceland can be a way to archive that.
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 07:38:48 PM

I have a feeling that I will die with my 11 Auroras! Smiley))
because i want to sell them for 1.1BTC Smiley)

Space for rent if its still trending
rocanonz

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:36:10 PM

I have a feeling that I will die with my 11 Auroras! Smiley))
because i want to sell them for 1.1BTC Smiley)

I understand your feeling so well because I had it few times, but now it's gone Wink
I heard a rumor that those who kept their auroracoins till they die, will be billionaires in heaven. And you are really lucky! The minimum amount to qualify for this is 11 Aurora Smiley)))
Skarfur

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:41:52 PM

The national currency is the strongest brand of a country, for those who are using the currency daily. Auroracoin is a Icelandic currency and I will not dilute that by merged mining, if there is another way to secure the coin.

20 years from now I will be pleasantly surprised to hear that Auroracoin is mined only in Iceland with clean, green energy. And the mining profit is invested back in green projects around the world. So instead of more aluminum you are producing more freedom.
A deal with industrial miners based in Iceland can be a way to archive that.

I understand your idea on that but I think that is very unlikely to happen. Crypto mining will always be borderless so there is no controlling who is mining and from where. So as long as there are exchanges offering Auroracoin paired with anything else than isk there will be miners from around the world mining and trading it. But on the bright side the largest mining farms for sha256 and scrypt are increasingly looking towards Iceland to set up their mining farms. For instance around 20% of bitcoin is mined in Iceland today and our hosting companies can't build the facilities for mining fast enough as the demand is so high.

If anyone would have some ideas on how mining could be done mainly by the Icelandic public without costing the network security we would of course be more than happy to listen and consider those ideas.
smalltimer

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:04:54 PM

aurora pumpin'? What's up? Whales finally managed to corner the market? Good thing. Let's go. 5$ at least.
murraypaul

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:51:15 PM

For those of you who are wondering why Auroracoin came to a halt in Iceland, the answer is very simple.
there was no actual demand for them from normal Icelanders, and no way to spend them on anything useful?

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:08:13 PM

looks like accumulation to me.

someone's buying... but why?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:15:50 PM

I'm leaning towards sha-256.

Yes, it's a nice idea to think that icelandic population could home-mine with something "asic-proof", but I think it's a pipe dream that wont last long.

The goal of getting AUR into the hands of icelanders is already achieved by the airdrop, so I'd focus on simplicity and proven tech regarding mining algo: sha-256.

In the long run, I think it could even make sense to migrate AUR off its own chain into a merge-mined btc sidechain or onto ethereum or something along those lines. After all, AUR is not about some mining (or other technological) innovation, it's about Iceland and the people there. So why not piggyback on some established tech and use the security offered there?

just my 0.02

Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: