Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:56:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm getting tired of this!  (Read 714 times)
Karisma Black

Activity: 228
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:02:22 PM

Wow this really happens?
How can a bounty manager not check that?

FiiiCoin     |    Decrypting Cryptocurrencies
https://fiii.io/
[           PRIVATE SALE STARTED!           ]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mario00

Activity: 133
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:28:21 PM

The thing is that when you notice something like this then you should just report it to the bounty manager that someone else is using your profile to apply and they will remove it. The application process should evolve to require some kind of proof of ownership of an account before they can be approved
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:33:51 PM

That's wht in many campaigns is required a proof of partecipation/authentification where you write all your data.. in this way if you include the ETH address, this is the proof the address belong to your account
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 10:51:05 PM

Bounty campaign managers are responsible for this thing, they are incompetent if they are not checking properly the applicants.
Can't say those campaign managers are incompetent if they let these kind of wrong doings get through
What I say is that, they should know the description of what a bounty manager/campaign manager must do right it? It's part of their job and if they can't do it accurately or sometimes there are times that they are skipping it. At least they should let their participants inform if there are some problems about your application, just let them know.
bounty campaigns has a of things to do when they are managing each of their campaign so it would be inconvenient to them if they will single handedly check every application they will receive in their campaigns.
If they can't do that task then they should become a campaign manager. I've seen a lot of reputed campaign managers that are even managing a lot of applications but they are able to handle every single application. What you are saying is just an excuse.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
que91

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 10:55:04 PM

This can be completely overcome if you check the spreadsheet immediately after joining the campaign. Because for example, if they fill in your account information and their address, but they do not add the signature, the campaign will also reject your account because it has no signature. So if you do not sign up for any signature campaigns, please remove your signature.
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:00:12 PM

This happened to me a lot of times now and I know that this also happen to you guys. How can we fixed the issues where when we applied for a signature campaign, some user will also apply using the same bct account name and bct profile link but they will use their own ETH address. I've reported a lot of times to every manager about this kind of issue and it is really tiresome and my time is being wasted.

Can campaign manager prevent double entry of bct name when someone is applying for a bounty campaign?

Same problem for me and it creeps the hell out of me.
How could people do that kind of dirt and why not play fair.
Are they really that hungry and cannot feed their family. Somehow I am hoping they will be banned in those ICO that they have joined.
Your report will be the only way to get out clean. You could also join every ICO telegram just so no one will use it anymore. I did that but some of them can still escape.
akishang

Activity: 434
Merit: 18

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:00:18 PM

Yes. The manager can prevent double entry on their spreadsheet. Its a simple task. They can just use the search option or press ctrl + F before adding a name on the spreadsheet. Google forms will automatically add a name on a spreadsheet. I won't recommend using that, cheaters are taking advantage of that option to cheat. Managers like Sylon use their bounty page to gather info on signature campaign participants. He will transfer the details on the bounty spreadsheet once the bounty is accepted. Simple but very effective way of spotting multiple entry.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
kendra1107

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:15:21 PM

This happened to me a lot of times now and I know that this also happen to you guys. How can we fixed the issues where when we applied for a signature campaign, some user will also apply using the same bct account name and bct profile link but they will use their own ETH address. I've reported a lot of times to every manager about this kind of issue and it is really tiresome and my time is being wasted.

Can campaign manager prevent double entry of bct name when someone is applying for a bounty campaign?
Some bounty platforms have actually done some measures in order to prevent others from copying accounts for them to register. I think it is always up to us as participants to check if our accounts are being copied. It may be tiresome, but we really have no choice. Bounty managers, though it is really their job to check every applicant, are quite loaded and it is possible that they would overlook such matters. Due diligence is required in this world to prevent others from taking advantage of us. It's a risk...we just need to face it.

AirFlame

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:19:56 PM

I usually get similar looking names, even fooling me sometimes. AirFIame definitely got me in google docs sans serif font... Writing in here with this font shows up the difference but that one definitely got me, I'm not even mad! (Oh and he was banned long before I noticed him)
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:23:10 PM

This is really unfortunate. Scammers everywhere. Some bounty managers are implementing the "proof of authentication" method now where each participant has to comment on the bounty thread and post the comment link on the application form. But even that does not guarantee that someone won't copy your details. Best way I can only think of is to inform them thru a private message on bitcointalk.
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:26:03 PM

You can directly message the campaign manager with your real ETH and saying that the other is a fake duplicate, try explaining it to campaign manager that is the only thing you can do, since you already experienced it you should be aware and double check each time you join a certain campaign and if it happens again just tell it to the current campaign manager they will remove it afterwards.

Anyways reagarding the managers they should message you regarding of the double ETH address so that they can surely send it to the right address, but not all managers are like that I suppose.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

ItsZeroLimit

Activity: 238
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:29:47 PM

In the subscription with this kind of deception I have not yet come across. In telegram and media campaigns, this happens much more often. Most of all I'm surprised that often such people are paid tokens, or you has to ask  the manager to remove the scam entry. I do not understand why managers are paid for, if they do not perform their work qualitatively.
nguyenkhanhhung14

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:34:49 PM

The best way to do it now is to remove all signatures on your account and not sign up for any of them. After 1 week, you register again in that campaign and PM to the manager with the account on bitcointalk confirm ETH address to avoid someone else change their address. I see the current way is most effective.

Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:50:45 PM

I did not experience this kind of issue but to make sure you will receive your token in a campaign, monitor the spreadsheet and incase there is a user who try to us your bct name you can contact the manager through telegram or pm him in this forum. You cannot tell each and every campaign about this issue because there is a lot of campaigns here and as you said it is very tiring. Good thing you made this topic.
Sometimes, some users can get through with it even if you always check the spreadsheet for those cheaters trying to steal your tokens. This almost happened to me, when at the first week of the campaign that I joined, I already see that someone used my profile and I reported it then during the last 2 weeks of the campaign, someone used it again. Good thing I always check telegram spreadsheet after checking signature sheet.
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:11:06 PM

I think this issue are common strategy of scammers in duplicating your account. In solving this issue you can directly report to the manager who manage the campaign to double check the names of the participating list of hunters to delete the fake accounts. Or you can submit a proof of authenticity and the wallet address for validity of your participation.
Ceyebrity

Activity: 103

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:15:55 PM

A good bounty manager should be able to iron this out. It's very annoying ad frustrating to wear a signature for couple of months only for some thieves to claim the reward
testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:20:20 PM

It's happened to me one time. Now I frequently use to check the bounty list where I'm involved and if something is wrong I let it know the bounty manager.
bridgeport

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:23:20 PM

I think this issue should be tackled seriously because it seems that the legit owners will be deprived of their chances to participate in a good campaign.
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:23:55 PM

I've had this problem a few times, and had to contact the manager.
Telegram bots take care of this issue well, I wish more campains used it.

aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:35:16 PM

I’ve been in several signature campaigns and I have never heard of this happening. How can they apply with your account? It seem like they would have to have hacked your account to post a comment from your profile. Otherwise it would be obvious that they were posting from a different account. Was your account hacked? You might need to change your password.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: