Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:01:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RIC] Riecoin: constellations POW *CPU* HARD FORK successful, world record  (Read 684948 times)
one4many

Activity: 516
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 02:20:45 PM

Can modify the wallet program, so he directly supports Stratum protocol.

Does anybody know of a coin that has stratum directly in the daemon? I could merge it into RIC if I found one.
Otherwise, implementing getwork or gbt in the miners would be faster

Never seen something like this. So go for getwork, or write a XPT to Getwork proxy in Python for example (which should be even easier to implement).

someone tryed
https://github.com/archit120/xptProxy

I've seen it a while ago, this is faaaaarrrr from ready to be used.  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 02:27:21 PM

I finished the upgrading of the entire structure of mining.

You should no longer experience disconnects and/or slowdowns.

Meanwhile, I'm finishing fixes some bugs on xptMiner 2.0 for Linux and will soon be available to download the version 2.1

Thanks for your support and happy mining Smiley
There is a problem in your mine pool, I dug 24 blocks in the mine pool, 1200 coins, mine pool only to give me 780 coins. I want to know why? I dig coins in the XpoolX, if you dig 24 blocks, 1200 coins, mine pool at least 1000 coins to me.

On large pools, with lots and lots of users AND with a lot of hash power you don't get as much as with little pools, where only a few users have a low hash rate. This is essentially how PPLNS works. My personal recommendation is, if you find a minimum of 4 RIC blocks a day, try SOLO mining.

one4many

Depends on luck.
PPLNS was developed to avoid pool hopping, not to favor bigger miners.

http://give-me-coins.com/support/faq/what-is-pplns/

The only advantage of solo mining is avoiding fees (and helping decentralisation, but that's another story).
But watch for network latency as you may get more orphans than the pool, so less coins in the end.

one4many

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 04:50:56 PM

I finished the upgrading of the entire structure of mining.

You should no longer experience disconnects and/or slowdowns.

Meanwhile, I'm finishing fixes some bugs on xptMiner 2.0 for Linux and will soon be available to download the version 2.1

Thanks for your support and happy mining Smiley
There is a problem in your mine pool, I dug 24 blocks in the mine pool, 1200 coins, mine pool only to give me 780 coins. I want to know why? I dig coins in the XpoolX, if you dig 24 blocks, 1200 coins, mine pool at least 1000 coins to me.

On large pools, with lots and lots of users AND with a lot of hash power you don't get as much as with little pools, where only a few users have a low hash rate. This is essentially how PPLNS works. My personal recommendation is, if you find a minimum of 4 RIC blocks a day, try SOLO mining.

one4many

Depends on luck.
PPLNS was developed to avoid pool hopping, not to favor bigger miners.

http://give-me-coins.com/support/faq/what-is-pplns/

The only advantage of solo mining is avoiding fees (and helping decentralisation, but that's another story).
But watch for network latency as you may get more orphans than the pool, so less coins in the end.

As I said it favors the smaller miners, the ones with the big hashes would be better off solo mining.
Orphans with such a small network of clients (~60 for RIC) and adequate hash power are highly unlikely.
I've been solo mining for months now and had not a single orphan.

one4many

P.S.: I would recommend to boycott riepool because it is a closed source project. This is not in the spirit of an open and sharing community. Further down the road we will end up in a ypool scenario: Nearly everybody mines on riepool until it falls of the planet (in some way or another). Mayham again :-(
Simba84

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 05:42:17 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2016, 05:59:47 PM by Simba84

As I said it favors the smaller miners, the ones with the big hashes would be better off solo mining.
Orphans with such a small network of clients (~60 for RIC) and adequate hash power are highly unlikely.

one4many

P.S.: I would recommend to boycott riepool because it is a closed source project. This is not in the spirit of an open and sharing community. Further down the road we will end up in a ypool scenario: Nearly everybody mines on riepool until it falls of the planet (in some way or another). Mayham again :-(
After your last statement I do not think you are a very serious and respectful of Riecoin!

Boycott what?? Hard work of months and months of me turned only to improve the development of the whole platform??

Why do not you ask those who have developed the miner for gpupool.com to release their source code or who has released the binary of "Riecoin_mining_proxy" without source?

You say "closed project" a FREE feeless pool where EVERYONE can mine with a optimized miner that required months of hard work?

Also you can mine with original stratum miner by dga!

RiePool will have a long life... in some way or another...

Thank you one4many ....
one4many

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 06:27:06 PM

one4many

After your last statement I do not think you are a very serious and respectful of Riecoin!
I could say the same thing about you:

Boycott what?? Hard work of months and months of me turned only to improve the development of the whole platform??
I pay you respect for the hard work, but that's about it. Nobody deserves anything else than respect, unless they have a fee for it (in case of pools) or mine for themselves. Something they can keep, because they earned it (RIC or respect).

Why do not you ask those who have developed the miner for gpupool.com to release their source code or who has released the binary of "Riecoin_mining_proxy" without source?
I did ask for the mining proxy's code. The gpupool code is not relevant because it has (at least in my eyes) no real value to the community, because the author did not improve the mining algorithm, something everyone could benefit from.

You say "closed project" a FREE feeless pool where EVERYONE can mine with a optimized miner that required months of hard work?
Still not a free pool.
a) You keep the optimizations for yourself, so nobody other than the miners on your pool can benefit from it. Seems pretty unfair to me if you look at it from a community point of view.
b) Look at what happened to cryptsy, a book door in software they had running on their machines made them bankrupt. So WHO besides you, says your software does not have a backdoor? Let's say we all mine for a year on your pool, then you use the backdoor to empty our RIC wallets, if your miner for whatever (insane) reason runs on the same machine as the wallet. Maybe not a so far fetched scenario if you think that not many people own big computer farm and mine with their (one and) only personal PC.
c) In the spirit of freedom you trample on Gatra's coin with selfishness. Would you have started to mine a coin where the client has been closed source? Probably not ... So why do you deploy this unsocial tactic now?
d) To your understanding of FREEDOM OF CHOICE. You must be from some country which has no real democratically elected regime, if you really believe that having ONLY ONE CHOICE to choose from (which currently has an unfair advantage over others) seems right.
RiePool will have a long life... in some way or another...
Those where the same words form Ypool

A good RIE coin community member shares, like 'Gatra' or 'dga' or the countless other who wrote and improved the pool software you are using right now.

one4many
Simba84

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 06:44:20 PM

Considered that some users want only to debate (perhaps out of jealousy?) about my work, from now I will be more than happy to answer to any technical request or related to problems with the pool or the miner.

For all the other nonsense comments you not expect my reply.

Subjects who speak backdoor on xptMiner .... but let us pleasure!  Roll Eyes

I remind everyone that you are free to mine how and where it seems more appropriate

Thank you all
one4many

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 06:58:01 PM

Considered that some users want only to debate (perhaps out of jealousy?) about my work, from now I will be more than happy to answer to any technical request or related to problems with the pool or the miner.For all the other nonsense comments you not expect my reply.Subjects who speak backdoor on xptMiner .... but let us pleasure!  Roll Eyes I remind everyone that you are free to mine how and where it seems more appropriate
Thank you all
As I wrote before, I could not pay you anything more than respect on the work you have done.

But keeping code from a sharing community is NOT how a community works. So my call to boycott still stands until you release the code to everybody else.
I even go as far as calling out Gatra and dga to make a comment about your behavior. If they think all is fine, I guess all I can do is sell my mined RIC and abandon the coin.

one4many

P.S.: Also please prove that there IS NO backdoor in your code.
xpoolx

Activity: 201
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 07:07:13 PM

Considered that some users want only to debate (perhaps out of jealousy?) about my work, from now I will be more than happy to answer to any technical request or related to problems with the pool or the miner.For all the other nonsense comments you not expect my reply.Subjects who speak backdoor on xptMiner .... but let us pleasure!  Roll Eyes I remind everyone that you are free to mine how and where it seems more appropriate
Thank you all
As I wrote before, I could not pay you anything more than respect on the work you have done.

But keeping code from a sharing community is NOT how a community works. So my call to boycott still stands until you release the code to everybody else.
I even go as far as calling out Gatra and dga to make a comment about your behavior. If they think all is fine, I guess all I can do is sell my mined RIC and abandon the coin.

one4many

Wait a moment.. Anyone believe there are some mining improvements on xptminer 2.0? XD

That's so funny

Of course he doesn't want to release the code, he already have a little point of shame Smiley
Simba84

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 08:55:09 PM

Thank you all

one4many

Wait a moment.. Anyone believe there are some mining improvements on xptminer 2.0? XD

That's so funny

Of course he doesn't want to release the code, he already have a little point of shame Smiley
You are so funny, believe me.

I invite anyone who had not yet done to test both xptMiner 1.7dga-c16 and xptMiner 2.0 on the same computer and also check the Shares/sec of your dashboard.

So the results will avoid all doubts!

P.S. XpoolX admin you can try it too Smiley
rascal71

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 09:20:56 PM

I did ask for the mining proxy's code. The gpupool code is not relevant because it has (at least in my eyes) no real value to the community, because the author did not improve the mining algorithm, something everyone could benefit from.

Let's not all be too hasty, might be a bit of language barrier here as well but Simba84 has provided a 0% pool for Riecoin and an improved miner so obviously he shows support, now I have not tried the miner personally but maybe the right thing to do would at least make it work for any pool so that all might benefit and evaluate the results for themselves.

The source actually already is available, it's only gatra's fork of the python stratum server, minus some of the other coin algo's stuff coded in there so I could get the darn thing to build on windows, the hardest part to figure out how to get around the epoolreactor requirement when using windows since we only want to use python, instead of it being a twisted internet service type of application.

Now, of course I did write a loader for it and added a simple dev fee and to be honest I'll have to back track quite a bit if someone wanted an exact copy of the current proxy but as I had mentioned before I had been working on some simple web stats for the proxy and it more or less has morphed into a complete integrated mining pool now.

I have even sort of coined the name 'WIMP' for windows integrated mining pool.

Payouts are made p2pool style right in the coinbase with a similar time based pplns payout system.
Moving forward I have solved most of the compilation issues with other algo's like scrypt and x11 etc... so pool can support most all coins.

I'm probably a week or two from completion but all code will be open source and available on github but I won't clog up the this thread with all that discussion.

Here's a little teaser, all the found blocks are real and can be found in the riecoin block chain if you want to view the payouts, even shows up as p2pool in the block explorer.

http://s14.postimg.org/as9ldzoul/pool5.jpg
http://postimg.org/image/as9ldzoul/

Note: the weird looking address is pool even accepts mining key.

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 09:40:20 PM

Let's not all be too hasty, might be a bit of language barrier here as well but Simba84 has provided a 0% pool for Riecoin and an improved miner so obviously he shows support, now I have not tried the miner personally but maybe the right thing to do would at least make it work for any pool so that all might benefit and evaluate the results for themselves.

The source actually already is available, it's only gatra's fork of the python stratum server, minus some of the other coin algo's stuff coded in there so I could get the darn thing to build on windows, the hardest part to figure out how to get around the epoolreactor requirement when using windows since we only want to use python, instead of it being a twisted internet service type of application.

Now, of course I did write a loader for it and added a simple dev fee and to be honest I'll have to back track quite a bit if someone wanted an exact copy of the current proxy but as I had mentioned before I had been working on some simple web stats for the proxy and it more or less has morphed into a complete integrated mining pool now.

Payouts are made p2pool style right in the coinbase with a similar time based pplns payout system.
Moving forward I have solved most of the compilation issues with other algo's like scrypt and x11 etc... so pool can support most all coins.

I'm probably a week or two from completion but all code will be open source and available on github but I won't clog up the this thread with all that discussion.

Here's a little teaser, all the found blocks are real and can be found in the riecoin block chain if you want to view the payouts, even shows up as p2pool in the block explorer.

I was looking for some sort of windows based mining proxy or pool for scrypt coins. Really happy that your expanding your mining proxy software into something the community needs.
one4many

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 10:06:17 PM

Nice piece of work rascal71, looking forward to look through the code. A proper p2pool solution is something this coin needs.

one4many
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 11:43:17 PM

i noticed some updates on github to fastrie

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
My9bot

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 03:17:55 PM

Huh
Latest commit d034bc8 on 4 Sep 2014

I'm better with code than with words-SatoshiNakamoto
Espers [ESP]SiteOnBlockchain
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 10:47:50 PM

should have said pr / not update https://github.com/dave-andersen/fastrie/pull/4/commits

Huh
Latest commit d034bc8 on 4 Sep 2014

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
.m.

Activity: 280
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:39:22 PM

I was thinking about my own pool as well, but no free time available.
I tried xptProxy, found 6 tuple, but no money came, did not look further.
Hopefully in the future.

Just a reminder - running a closed source software  - you have to trust the vendor.
It can produce any output vendor wants, and it can send the money anywhere - there is already a code for that while dealing with dev fee donation - check https://github.com/gatra/fastrie/blob/stratum/xptMiner/xptMiner/main.cpp#L234 (I remember other parts/addresses, maybe a different code).

I am not accusing anybody, just stating the facts.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

xpoolx

Activity: 201
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:58:12 PM

I was thinking about my own pool as well, but no free time available.
I tried xptProxy, found 6 tuple, but no money came, did not look further.
Hopefully in the future.

Just a reminder - running a closed source software  - you have to trust the vendor.
It can produce any output vendor wants, and it can send the money anywhere - there is already a code for that while dealing with dev fee donation - check https://github.com/gatra/fastrie/blob/stratum/xptMiner/xptMiner/main.cpp#L234 (I remember other parts/addresses, maybe a different code).

I am not accusing anybody, just stating the facts.

For the people who want solomining i can set up private pools and give you an ip and a port. The mined blocks in private pools will appear directly on owner wallet address

But dont know if it's cool for the riecoin comunity..

gatra (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 505

CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2016, 02:38:36 PM

Thank you all

one4many

Hi, these are my thoughts:

- I believe there is no GPL license on the miners, so he doesn't have to release the source code if he doesn't want to

- Of course, as always, I recommend people take their precautions when using closed binaries

- I'm very interested in knowing about how the optimizations work, so I'll just ask:
Simba, could you please describe what you did to increase the performance?

- one4many, I hope you understand the license and even if you dislike Simba's actions not leave us because of this.

Regards,
Gatra

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
█████▀████████████▀██████▄
   ▄█
█████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█
█████████▄█▀▀██████████████████▄
 ▄█
███████████▀██████▄▄█████▄███████▄
▄█
██████████▀██▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄
█████████████▀▀██▀████████▀▀████████
█████████████▄█▀████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██████████████████
▀█
██████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀███████████████████▀
 ▀█
███████▄████▄▄███████████████████▀
  ▀█
███████████████████████████████▀
   ▀█
█████████████████████████████▀
     ▀█
█████▄████████████▄██████▀
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
riecoin       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 02:55:36 PM

It's very unlikely that the code has no opensource parts, unless he rewrote everything.
And he's talking about "optimisation", not a new software.
Now, the license is often broken: there are a lot of miners, private and public, in this state. That's because nobody will likely sue.

BUT

It's not a reason to think it's ok.
Opensource licenses made cryptocurrencies possible, and a lot of other things we use every day: smartphones, routers, servers, televisions... all those use linux and/or other opensource software; even apple and microsoft products very often include opensource parts! And they respect the licenses.

So please respect opensource and the GPL, and preserve its value.
Don't be an opensource parasite.

merc84

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 10:59:48 PM

I personally don't understand the motivation for keeping the optimization closed source, the pool in question operates 0% fee so there is no financial incentive to do so.
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: