Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:40:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RIC] Riecoin: constellations POW *CPU* HARD FORK successful, world record  (Read 684940 times)
xandry
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3982

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 05:28:34 AM

I personally don't understand the motivation for keeping the optimization closed source, the pool in question operates 0% fee so there is no financial incentive to do so.
Today fee is zero, but tomorrow or at any other moment he can increase a percent of fee.  Wink

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
one4many

Activity: 516
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 06:22:41 AM

I personally don't understand the motivation for keeping the optimization closed source, the pool in question operates 0% fee so there is no financial incentive to do so.
Today fee is zero, but tomorrow or at any other moment he can increase a percent of fee.  Wink

I agree ... That is one of the reasons on my list. First get rid of the competition and then cry wolf that running a 0 % pool is too expensive and ask for 5 % over night.

The only thing that happens for sure is that as long there a 0 % fee and a closed source optimization based on open source software, more and more miners will use the pool because they would give RICs away not doing so. This short sighed view in turn creates a mono culture of again, like we had for nearly 2 years with ypool. And we know where that ended. 450.000 RICs stuck in the owners wallet.

The only think for sure is that Simba84 is going to hurt the coin in one way or another. His selfishness already created a mono pool coin again (with more than 75 % of all coins mined at the pool, today) which is against the idea and spirit of a distributed crypto currency.

Also Simba84's statement not to comment on the subject speaks for itself. I for myself have stopped mining the coin and sold all of it, the risk is simply to high that one day coins become worthless over night because of a single persons stubbornness.

Only advise to the miners: Please use a different pool so that Riepool is not above the 49 % in the network, the RICs you loose now not having the optimization is lower than the loss you have to swallow when it becomes worthless.

Another idea for the devs of crypto currencies would be to "decentivize" nodes (like halving their reward) in the RIC network when they create more than 50 % of the networks currency at any given time. This of course needs some deep thinking. But with modern algorithms which are able to detect patterns in certain cluster constellations, it should not be too difficult to identify those nodes, even when they are shape shifting (new coin addresses, new IP addresses, etc). This would also get rid of the people who benefit from dDOSing certain pools to insta/solo-mine while the rest is down.

So Simba84 ... please be a good RIC community member and share your optimizations to increase pool/miner diversity, which for sure helps the coin to become more valuable. Also in the spirit of science we could have a higher difficulty and find more special prime numbers. Thanks to 'dga', the author if the original optimizations we already did, but higher world records with new optimizations are always better. It will get the coin noticed in the world.

one4many
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 10:04:04 AM

"Connect your miners to http://riepool.ovh:8000 - 0% Pool and transactions fees forever!"

one4many

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 10:38:55 AM

"Connect your miners to http://riepool.ovh:8000 - 0% Pool and transactions fees forever!"

For sure ... Last famous words ... before shutdown
My9bot

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 10:41:52 AM

please vote for Riecoin
https://safecex.com/coin/add?q=ric

I'm better with code than with words-SatoshiNakamoto
Espers [ESP]SiteOnBlockchain
Simba84

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 11:50:00 AM

It's just like that!

However once again I remind everyone that you are free to mine how and where it seems more appropriate!

Thank you
merc84

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 07:35:05 AM

Today fee is zero, but tomorrow or at any other moment he can increase a percent of fee.  Wink
This short sighed view in turn creates a mono culture of again, like we had for nearly 2 years with ypool. And we know where that ended. 450.000 RICs stuck in the owners wallet.

one4many

I have recently discussed the situation with ypool admin, and would like to share that ypool intends to re-open in the coming weeks without support for ric mining. However user coins are all safe and you will be able to withdraw them after the pool re-opens.
one4many

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 10:23:57 AM

This short sighed view in turn creates a mono culture of again, like we had for nearly 2 years with ypool. And we know where that ended. 450.000 RICs stuck in the owners wallet.

one4many

I have recently discussed the situation with ypool admin, and would like to share that ypool intends to re-open in the coming weeks without support for ric mining. However user coins are all safe and you will be able to withdraw them after the pool re-opens.

At last some good news.  Cheesy
I would be nice of him to announce the reopening here in the forum/thread.

Still sad to see that mining RIC is not supported anymore. Can you explain why he decided against it?
My guess is, that the faster closed source miner competition on simba83's 0% RiePool drove him out of business.
Full steam ahead to another mono-pool RIE culture again  Undecided

one4many
danbrown

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 05:25:19 PM

Hello everyone I'm Daniel and I'm a Riecoin fan. I was trying to mine on two pools, xpoolx and riepool

Here there is something wrong! First of all, you can improve the performance of mining directly by servers or by the pool as stated by xpoolx because it's the miner who works on a particular algorithm that produces the work!

My test system consists of an Intel i7-4790 CPU with 8GB of ram and tried both the pool for about 30 minutes with xptminer 1.7dga c16 for stratum with current difficulty equal to 1426.0

See the results below!

XpoolX
http://imageshack.com/a/img907/2600/U2FIN5.jpg

RiePool
http://imageshack.com/a/img907/1584/q87SfH.jpg

Riepool shows the correct Shares/sec values as 4ch/s on xptminer while xpoolx seems rigged in Hashrate values!!!

Why with the same REAL Shares/sec riepool shows a concrete Hashrate of about 3600 KH/s while xpoolx shows a value of nearly 5000 KH/s Huh
Someone, or rather administrators of the respective pools can give me some logical explanation?

I finally tested xptminer 2.0 downloaded from riepool and with this miner will get really superior performance from 0.21 to 0.28 Shares/sec!!!
Below the link of my dashboard on riepool

http://imageshack.com/a/img911/3411/e3ECjE.jpg

I conclude to congratulate those who have improved the algorithm of miner and remember that the true values ​​are those indicated by the miner himself and not the data shown by some pools......

Hello Pool Admins what about my request of explanation?
xpoolx

Activity: 201
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 06:46:37 PM

Hello everyone I'm Daniel and I'm a Riecoin fan. I was trying to mine on two pools, xpoolx and riepool

Here there is something wrong! First of all, you can improve the performance of mining directly by servers or by the pool as stated by xpoolx because it's the miner who works on a particular algorithm that produces the work!

My test system consists of an Intel i7-4790 CPU with 8GB of ram and tried both the pool for about 30 minutes with xptminer 1.7dga c16 for stratum with current difficulty equal to 1426.0

See the results below!

XpoolX

RiePool

Riepool shows the correct Shares/sec values as 4ch/s on xptminer while xpoolx seems rigged in Hashrate values!!!

Why with the same REAL Shares/sec riepool shows a concrete Hashrate of about 3600 KH/s while xpoolx shows a value of nearly 5000 KH/s Huh
Someone, or rather administrators of the respective pools can give me some logical explanation?

I finally tested xptminer 2.0 downloaded from riepool and with this miner will get really superior performance from 0.21 to 0.28 Shares/sec!!!

I conclude to congratulate those who have improved the algorithm of miner and remember that the true values ​​are those indicated by the miner himself and not the data shown by some pools......

You are so ridiculous simba. Stop creating fake forum members trying to untrust xpoolx
danbrown

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 06:56:16 PM

See the results below!

XpoolX

RiePool

You are so ridiculous simba. Stop creating fake forum members trying to untrust xpoolx
Do so with all users who want answers on valid considerations ? Please respond and clarify the thing does not think I'm the only one here who wants to know
merc84

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 09:17:56 PM

one4many

At last some good news.  Cheesy
I would be nice of him to announce the reopening here in the forum/thread.

Still sad to see that mining RIC is not supported anymore. Can you explain why he decided against it?
My guess is, that the faster closed source miner competition on simba83's 0% RiePool drove him out of business.
Full steam ahead to another mono-pool RIE culture again  Undecided

one4many

I did encourage him to make an announcement here and he may do so prior to re-opening. As to the decision to remove ric support I understand that is due to the relentless and large scale ddos against the pool, it is financially unviable for ypool to continue in its previous state. Also validation of ric shares is particularly resource intensive accounting for approx 90% of server load. Now that there are other options for people to mine ric he feels withdrawal of ric mining support will not largely impact the community. As far as I know none of this decision has anything to do with RiePool optimized miner or its 0% fee.
Also on a personal note it saddens me that this whole fiasco has not lead to a more decentralized ric mining culture, not wanting to personally attack Simba but until his optimization is seen there is no way of knowing if it really increases the chance of finding blocks. Its entirely possible it is simply accepting shares that are not really valid solutions. I call on Simba to do what is right by ric and it's community, if you really won't share your optimization then please close signup for new miners while your pool is above 50% of network hashrate, lets learn from the past and not have ric controlled by one central pool.
Simba84

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 09:36:14 PM

......there is no way of knowing if it really increases the chance of finding blocks. Its entirely possible it is simply accepting shares that are not really valid solutions.....
WTF???

The miner has been completely rewritten by me and many parts of the algorithm code have been replaced by Assembly code through the use of 64-bit registers.

I worked months to develop the NEW miner and I repeat for the last time: everyone is free to do what he wants, so....
Simba84

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 09:40:01 PM

See the results below!

XpoolX

RiePool

Why I'm ridicolous?

My one and only account is that! Wake up !!!
one4many

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 09:53:01 PM

......there is no way of knowing if it really increases the chance of finding blocks. Its entirely possible it is simply accepting shares that are not really valid solutions.....
WTF???

The miner has been completely rewritten by me and many parts of the algorithm code have been replaced by Assembly code through the use of 64-bit registers.

I worked months to develop the NEW miner and I repeat for the last time: everyone is free to do what he wants, so....

So what is your gain in keeping it closed source? Please explain that!
If you want someone to understand your reasoning, a rational explanation would be best for the community.
merc84

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 10:41:58 PM

WTF???

So you don't want to share the code that is entirely your choice but would you not consider disabling new accounts while your pool has greater than 50% of the network hashrate in order to further decentralize the ric network?
gatra (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 505

CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 01:29:32 AM

Hi, I'd like to comment that a test of 30 minutes is too short to get significative data. Also, shares per second is a good measure but if you don't trust the mining software or the pool the real measure you have to compare is RIC mined per day (or your preferred unit of time), that should tell you which are the best miner and pool to use.

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
█████▀████████████▀██████▄
   ▄█
█████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█
█████████▄█▀▀██████████████████▄
 ▄█
███████████▀██████▄▄█████▄███████▄
▄█
██████████▀██▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄
█████████████▀▀██▀████████▀▀████████
█████████████▄█▀████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██████████████████
▀█
██████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀███████████████████▀
 ▀█
███████▄████▄▄███████████████████▀
  ▀█
███████████████████████████████▀
   ▀█
█████████████████████████████▀
     ▀█
█████▄████████████▄██████▀
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
riecoin       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
gatra (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 505

CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 01:31:38 AM

So you don't want to share the code that is entirely your choice but would you not consider disabling new accounts while your pool has greater than 50% of the network hashrate in order to further decentralize the ric network?

I agree that would be the right thing to do. Miners should spread the hashes!

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
█████▀████████████▀██████▄
   ▄█
█████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█
█████████▄█▀▀██████████████████▄
 ▄█
███████████▀██████▄▄█████▄███████▄
▄█
██████████▀██▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄
█████████████▀▀██▀████████▀▀████████
█████████████▄█▀████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██████████████████
▀█
██████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀███████████████████▀
 ▀█
███████▄████▄▄███████████████████▀
  ▀█
███████████████████████████████▀
   ▀█
█████████████████████████████▀
     ▀█
█████▄████████████▄██████▀
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
riecoin       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
Simba84

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 07:20:42 AM

WTF???

Wait a moment guys... look now who is solving 71% of the blocks... XpoolX

So now tell also that administrator please!

But what you have against me?Huh

When there was only ypool not had all these problems....
merc84

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 07:45:36 AM

The ypool version was open sourced and jh00 was the first to modify the launch miner to much greater efficiency (opensource), which dga then modified and opensourced after a short testing phase. And yes it goes without saying any pool with over 50% it would be beneficial if they took limits to help spread the hash around.
Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: