Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:00:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RIC] Riecoin: constellations POW *CPU* HARD FORK successful, world record  (Read 684928 times)
bsunau7

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:17:11 AM

YAY, more CRLF/CR/LF/Encoding/whatever bullshit... I give up. Please provide some unmangled sourcecode or at the very least, a 32 bit linux build.

I had faith in this coin from launch but it's just been a disappointment to me. Missed the boat due to, seemingly, dev's that take cross platform code, change a line or two (aka/ie, a new coin), and completely fuck up all code portability. Seems like there's only a handful of actual developers in the cryptocurrency community that know what cross-platform/portable means.

If you have sympathy or pity this fool, RAvAQ3TrUNWrG2DDgfuPvdhzaiXtg2wjEu

I'll pay with knowledge...

Install dos2unix or 'sed -e "s/^M$//"' (you'll need to ^V ^M to get the right string).

I understand that not everyone can code or can navigate a unix-ish CLI but is that the fault of a dev?

PS. My Verilog sucks but I don't blame the *coin ASIC miners for that.

--
bsunau7
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 10:20:09 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 10:34:30 AM by dga

-b9 has been reduced to 7% dev fee.  6.5% me, 0.5% jh00.  Windows build is 6% me, 0.5% jh00, 0.5% Clintar.
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dga/crypto/ric/

(same filename, but re-uploaded on top of the old one - nothing else has changed).  As before, "smaller" uses less memory, but might be a little slower with the increasing diff.  It sieves out to fewer primes - 200m vs 500m.

md5 checksums:
951b331d896e47c754c974700a20b686  xptminer-sse4-b9
83abf911e7efb1ac973b6501c454ae4b  xptminer-sse4-b9-small.exeat
3805bc3baba80a42f586543f340d517f  xptminer-sse4-b9-smaller
edd62ba2088389d94016e71910b2ddf9  xptminer-sse4-b9.exe

Thanks to everyone who's putting up this experiment in yet-another-model-of-funding an eventual open source release of fast mining code. Smiley

Plan remains unchanged but added to a bit:
- Friday: 5%
- Sunday: 3%
- Whenever the definition of share is changed to match what Gatra & jh00 have decided:  Open sourced, with 1% dev fee left sitting in the code that will be easy to remove if you feel strongly about it.

I'll throw 200 RIC out of dev fees to the Riecoin foundation if it's created within the next two months.

Happy prime cluster finding, everyone.  I noticed the diff was over 1600 for the first time today - congratulations!

Update:  By request, there's now one avx2 version.  This is a test - if people provide good comparative benchmarks at the same diff and find that it's faster, I'll get it out for windows and keep providing that one too.  For now, regular size / linux only.  If it's faster enough, I'll work on improving the build process to automate creating some CPU-specific variants.

-Dave

tseug

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:14:21 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 11:33:02 AM by tseug

YAY, more CRLF/CR/LF/Encoding/whatever bullshit... I give up. Please provide some unmangled sourcecode or at the very least, a 32 bit linux build.

I had faith in this coin from launch but it's just been a disappointment to me. Missed the boat due to, seemingly, dev's that take cross platform code, change a line or two (aka/ie, a new coin), and completely fuck up all code portability. Seems like there's only a handful of actual developers in the cryptocurrency community that know what cross-platform/portable means.

Install dos2unix or 'sed -e "s/^M$//"' (you'll need to ^V ^M to get the right string).

I understand that not everyone can code or can navigate a unix-ish CLI but is that the fault of a dev?

--
bsunau7
heh, I actually did try dos2unix among other sed/perl/python/etc one-liners but all failed due to not mangling the sourcecode even further (and all in different ways, which I think backs up my higgledy-piggledy theory of encoding)

But as for the last I error I got
Code:
fatal error: gmp.h: No such file or director
That actually seems to be unrelated to the line termination/encoding issues. Stuck for a fix though (installed all lib-devs that look relevant, no joy)

Navigating a CLI? No, but forking opersource crosspatform software and messing up one or both of those main features (yes, they are main features) is the fault of the/a dev

COMM: CWjCf3Pb6vAgpRxbP2CKQQFLBXYuS7axpG
SHA: STpwADnhpYk7ZAMRmJvFDJaXSSby3LpGiu
trny

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:31:42 AM

--
bsunau7
heh, I actually did try dos2unix among other sed/perl/python/etc one-liners but all failed due to not mangling the sourcecode even further (and all in different ways, which I think backs up my higgledy-piggledy theory of encoding)

Code:
That actually seems to be unrelated to the line termination/encoding issues. Stuck for a fix though (installed all lib-devs that look relevant, no joy)

Navagiated a CLI? No, but forking opersource crosspatform software and messing up one or both of those main features (yes, they are main features) is the fault of the/a dev

Try the process at: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=446703.msg5086753#msg5086753
GordonSSS

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:54:34 AM

-b9 has been reduced to 7% dev fee.  6.5% me, 0.5% jh00.  Windows build is 6% me, 0.5% jh00, 0.5% Clintar.

Can I ask why the extra 0.5% to jh00? jh00 already makes his coins from pool fees, and could adjust those if he wanted to take a bigger slice.

XPM: AWFyioszN3vsyQsPbAtCybqu3j5v6FqQTE
RIC: RDzYLbepJdGu5vZMwYe5GtiJYe417AWJJV
BTC: 1LXgRb1F6KZmVQBzcKsfpAAL57Se9EKeT6
gatra (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 505

CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 12:25:39 PM

--
bsunau7

Code:

Navigating a CLI? No, but forking opersource crosspatform software and messing up one or both of those main features (yes, they are main features) is the fault of the/a dev

The gmp.h error is because you a are missing one of the dependencies: gmp (package libgmp-dev or you can get it from http://gmplib.org/ as stated in the README file)

Yes, it's possible that I messed up the CR/LF, I edited the files in some crappy windows editor and it changed my line endings.

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
█████▀████████████▀██████▄
   ▄█
█████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█
█████████▄█▀▀██████████████████▄
 ▄█
███████████▀██████▄▄█████▄███████▄
▄█
██████████▀██▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄
█████████████▀▀██▀████████▀▀████████
█████████████▄█▀████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██████████████████
▀█
██████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀███████████████████▀
 ▀█
███████▄████▄▄███████████████████▀
  ▀█
███████████████████████████████▀
   ▀█
█████████████████████████████▀
     ▀█
█████▄████████████▄██████▀
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
riecoin       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
tseug

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:36:30 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 01:16:38 PM by tseug

--
bsunau7

Code:

The gmp.h error is because you a are missing one of the dependencies: gmp (package libgmp-dev or you can get it from http://gmplib.org/ as stated in the README file)

Yes, it's possible that I messed up the CR/LF, I edited the files in some crappy windows editor and it changed my line endings.
Oddly enough, I had libgmp-dev. What worked for me was the addition of "libboost-all-dev" (I had parts, not all )as suggested by the link trny provided. Thanks trny

gatra, stop using "crappy windows editors" unless you like assholes like me bitching and moaning Tongue

Oh and it messed up more than just CR/LF, think it messed with the encoding cause after retyping the "/config.status" non comment parts of "./configure" it went a step further. ".in'ig.status: error: cannot find input file: `" seems like an encoding issue

COMM: CWjCf3Pb6vAgpRxbP2CKQQFLBXYuS7axpG
SHA: STpwADnhpYk7ZAMRmJvFDJaXSSby3LpGiu
dga

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 12:48:14 PM

Can I ask why the extra 0.5% to jh00? jh00 already makes his coins from pool fees, and could adjust those if he wanted to take a bigger slice.

I know - but I built entirely on his codebase from xptMiner.  I've only changed one file in there - riecoinMiner.cpp.  All of the rest, from the threading and #cpu detection to the xpt protocol, is his.  I think it's right to have part of the dev fee go to jh00-the-developer, and for the pool fees to go to jh00-the-pool-creator/maintainer.

(I realize they're the same person and that jh00 benefits twice, but the way I mentally worked through this decision was to ask what I'd do if I'd based my code on someone else's miner -- I'd give part of the dev fee to them, too, so I figured it shouldn't be any different simply because jh00 also maintains the pool.)

This is the same reason the dev fee is split a little more for the Windows version -- Clintar did the patching and the makefile in his version for getting it to compile under the mingw framework, and helped me out getting my cross compilation environment working.

GordonSSS

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:07:12 PM

I know - but I built entirely on his codebase from xptMiner.  I've only changed one file in there - riecoinMiner.cpp.  All of the rest, from the threading and #cpu detection to the xpt protocol, is his.  I think it's right to have part of the dev fee go to jh00-the-developer, and for the pool fees to go to jh00-the-pool-creator/maintainer.

(I realize they're the same person and that jh00 benefits twice, but the way I mentally worked through this decision was to ask what I'd do if I'd based my code on someone else's miner -- I'd give part of the dev fee to them, too, so I figured it shouldn't be any different simply because jh00 also maintains the pool.)

This is the same reason the dev fee is split a little more for the Windows version -- Clintar did the patching and the makefile in his version for getting it to compile under the mingw framework, and helped me out getting my cross compilation environment working.

Yes... but jh00 open-sourced his code exactly so others could improve upon it?

...and Clintar deserves more for compiling with mingw... that is about as much fun as gouging out your own eyeballs with a rusty spoon Wink

XPM: AWFyioszN3vsyQsPbAtCybqu3j5v6FqQTE
RIC: RDzYLbepJdGu5vZMwYe5GtiJYe417AWJJV
BTC: 1LXgRb1F6KZmVQBzcKsfpAAL57Se9EKeT6
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:27:06 PM

Looks like the difficulty is going to drop soon.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 04:13:45 PM

Since ypool has most of the hashing power and this is not good i want to mine in other pool.

But is there any other stable pool? Which? And how much less income do you expect to have in other pool?
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 04:20:26 PM

Just to be a pedantic dick I don't think this is science, it's math (and math is most definitely not science), which is fine too.  Smiley

i am studding relativity right now. please come and tell me about math being DEFINITELY not science...

If you have a real thought, you can elaborate it and share it with the class. There's lots of explanations for why math is not science all over the intarwebs, you can go look yourself. I'm not hijacking this thread with a philosophical discussion, I just wanted to make a point that I see math being called a science a lot lately, and it isn't. It's nice for you that you are just now studying relativity. If you want to play the "appeal to authority game" to justify an argument, that's a pretty un-mathy thing to do.

I don't really care about the definition much, but what irks me is why math people (and people who suck at math but still post Neil Degrasse Tyson pics and say "science is cool, lolz") get offended about their maths being called "not science", but then don't have a solid and accurate definition of science on hand to justify why math is a science. This is especially funny when math is all about rigorous definitions, so it should be easy for them. It's relation to science is that it is used to describe scientific concepts, like a language.

Why do math people want math to be science, anyway? It isn't. That's not bad, better, or worse. It just is. Why is this a problem? Why is this offensive? If you are a mathematician, you can be proud of it. Math is used for lots of things, including modeling a lot of scientific things. But it isn't, in itself, science.

dude, i am not appealing to authority. I am just saying that physics is nothing else than math especially today...Quantum mechanics is just maths...The science of science is exactly the maths...I seriously believe, in a friendly manner, that you have got it wrong. I would urge you to check the matter a bit more. But anyway...
surfer43

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:27:15 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definition_of_mathematics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics

After reading those, continue this argument.
gatra (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 505

CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 04:46:26 PM

Since ypool has most of the hashing power and this is not good i want to mine in other pool.

But is there any other stable pool? Which? And how much less income do you expect to have in other pool?
income depends on the fee of the pool
why would you expect less income?

http://ric.upcpu.com/ already has 4 blocks

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
█████▀████████████▀██████▄
   ▄█
█████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█
█████████▄█▀▀██████████████████▄
 ▄█
███████████▀██████▄▄█████▄███████▄
▄█
██████████▀██▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄
█████████████▀▀██▀████████▀▀████████
█████████████▄█▀████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██████████████████
▀█
██████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀███████████████████▀
 ▀█
███████▄████▄▄███████████████████▀
  ▀█
███████████████████████████████▀
   ▀█
█████████████████████████████▀
     ▀█
█████▄████████████▄██████▀
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
riecoin       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
ThePeePs

Activity: 350

https://cryptassist.io

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:56:28 PM

just saw that bitterx has a vote going on for a new coin to list

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521726.0

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 05:42:20 PM

income depends on the fee of the pool
why would you expect less income?

http://ric.upcpu.com/ already has 4 blocks

I thought there were some problems with new pools, thats why i asked. If this is stable i will start mining there right now...
dga

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 06:28:06 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 08:39:58 PM by dga

For the RIC geeks:  I'm starting to put together a simple example of RIC mining in Python.

https://github.com/dave-andersen/fastrie/tree/master/explain/examples

Contributions and suggestions welcomed.  Right now it's just four very basic programs:
  - sieve of e
  - fermat test (too lazy to implement r/m)
  - a RIC PoW finder that just uses the sieve to find valid PoWs counting from 1;
  - a RIC PoW finder that fermats every odd number to find valid PoWs counting from 1;
  - One based upon the iterative polynomial sieving I mentioned earlier, combined with fermat tests (but no real sieving).

Coming up will be a version that doesn't have to start at 1, and then faster versions that use inverse-mod-n and a large primorial.  Hopefully, we can keep these all readable.  My target for this is the average Redditor or Hacker News reader who can read Python and might find this all interesting / educational.

What's nice is that it already shows the punchline of why jh's was faster.  If you examine the runtimes for outputting all valid RIC PoWs for the numbers up to 10,000,000 -- not that RIC ever started that easy:

brute_force_ric:  7.4s    <-- fermat test every odd number
basic_ric:  3.2s              <-- basic sieve of e, use to test for primes
ric_gen: 0.039s             <-- iteratively generate candidate locations using an increasing-sized primorial

surfer43

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:22:31 PM

What is the port for ric.upcpu.com?
Kenta

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:26:17 PM

For the RIC geeks:  I'm starting to put together a simple example of RIC mining in Python.

https://github.com/dave-andersen/fastrie/tree/master/explain/examples

Contributions and suggestions welcomed.  Right now it's just four very basic programs:
  - sieve of e
  - fermat test (too lazy to implement r/m)
  - a RIC PoW finder that just uses the sieve to find valid PoWs counting from 1;
  - a RIC PoW finder that fermats every odd number to find valid PoWs counting from 1;

Coming up will be a version that doesn't have to start at 1, and then faster versions that use inverse-mod-n and a large primorial.  Hopefully, we can keep these all readable.  My target for this is the average Redditor or Hacker News reader who can read Python and might find this all interesting / educational.

Good initiative! Thanks a lot!

Trade your cryptocoins at: ◣ bleutrade.com ◢◣ C-Cex.com ◢
surfer43

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:08:07 PM

difficulty to drop in 10 hours (at current rate of 6 mins/block)
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: