Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 10:41:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Market can be manipulated?  (Read 5404 times)
bapangkiran

Activity: 150
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:46:16 AM

The market is manipulated, in my opinion it will be very difficult to manipulate the market unless the person is very smart in managing the market price. I think it's just an article that is made up, there is an interest in what they manipulate the market, how much profit they get because of that, in my opinion it's inconclusive.
mutanu

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

Justice as a Service Infrastructure

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:33:20 PM

Yes in making look fat perhaps that there were manipulations. In general all market of cryptocurrencies is manipulations today. The blockchain does not work today as it was conceived.

J U R    |    Justice as a Service Infrastructure    |    JUR ALLIANCE                   ═════════════════
      SMART LEGAL AGREEMENT.  ESCROW.  DECENTRALIZED DISPUTE RESOLUTION.       ║  JOIN JUR PRESALE  ║   
  ●     WHITEPAPER         TECH PAPER         GITHUB         MEDIUM         TELEGRAM     ●       ═════════════════
sborders52567

Activity: 80

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:39:31 PM

In any market, there are manipulations. The lack of regulation and protection of consumers in the crypto currency market still opens wide opportunities for the implementation of fraudulent and manipulative schemes. Therefore, it is always better to conduct an independent independent analysis of the assets that you intend to invest in.
kaltar

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:08:27 AM

Watching the price of Ethereum, it becomes clear that this market is completely dependent on manipulation and at centralized exchanges show unrealistic trading volumes and control the price. Therefore, in order to protect ordinary investors, it is necessary to introduce strict regulation, which should be aimed at control over exchanges.
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:13:54 AM

The market can be manipulated but only if there is only a large group of users that came into a decision that they all agreed on BUT doing that nowadays are hard because every people might have different decisions regarding their own money. Some users decide to HODL their money and sell them at their preferred price. Manipulation can be hard because it might be easily read if there are a lot of same prices that will be listed and the one buying them might have the same address.
RGMan

Activity: 232

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:14:39 AM

Whales will always manipulate the market. Just with the burden of their attempts will not lead to huge price jumps. The more capitalization of the market, the less influence it has on individual capital. I think it's just worth the patience and wait.
ZainSpider

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:17:08 AM

Whales will always manipulate the market. Just with the burden of their attempts will not lead to huge price jumps. The more capitalization of the market, the less influence it has on individual capital. I think it's just worth the patience and wait.

Indeed true, whole manipulate the pricing. Thats why its important not to panic sell off.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
PilosopongTacio

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:22:47 AM

Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?

Well, if they have huge resources and connections i think its possible they could pull something like that. The only problem is, it will not only affect the natural and normal cycle of the market, being controlled by a few rich crypto owners and companies. This might also result to people leaving the crypto industry and basically could lessen the incoming investors and discouraging them and because of this, market value of coins might drop.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
seumk

Activity: 102

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:31:21 AM

I think this is impossible. I have heard people say that if you want to control the whole market, you have to have 4 times the money to control the market. I think this is an incredible thing.
cannitomatt

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:54:08 AM

Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?
The price is really manipulative, I see this. They are big investors
oxidoreductase

Activity: 224
Merit: 29

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:57:39 AM

Actually, market can be really manipulated if you wouldn't know. We have what we call whales, who controls the price of every coin in the market scene. They try to hoard coins so that the price of a specific coin will increase.
riswan100

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:58:11 AM

Crypto markets are mostly unregulated, in many countries. This makes much easier for the big capital to manipulate, unfortunately.

This is why you need to be smart, manipulations happen with someone a large group who still holds big numbers of cheap coins way back and still playing for those newbies to be victimized.
betece777

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:03:46 AM

I've read this article because this article has altcoin prices dropped because this article also has many investors who don't trust Altcoin anymore and I heard bitfinex was checked by the relevant authorities about the truth of this article and it is evident that there may be some exchanges that use bots to pump their altcoins to go up or vice versa because their altcoin bots go down
amobi

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:25:12 AM

I feel that even it was possible for them to manipulate the price of coins, that the prices will only be reflecting on the exchange alone and not on all exchanges, so if some one goes to another exchange, the person will see the geniune price
Arcanefist

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:54:15 AM

In fact, I read a lot of articles on this issue. I personally concluded that in principle certain manipulations in the crypto market are really possible. There are different financial structures that can manipulate the price of currencies in the market.
dicaprio

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:56:07 AM

A good question that has been discussed for a long time, of course, the market can be manipulated is the issues that the SEC should deal with, but they can not do it because they need to understand who it is, and since bitcoin is anonymous today, we understand that this is impossible.
artemdubina88

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:59:56 AM

I think that to make a manipulation in the market is not difficult for developers and I will say more it is a good idea to buy the coins and keep the course in such a difficult time !
lusiaga

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 12:16:41 PM

the market can be manipulated if there are fiat big capital owners who are afraid of the development of cryptocurrency.
because if bitcoin and friends shine then Fiat will automatically be destroyed. they will control the market so as not to go too fast.
paulscathedral

Activity: 1036

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 12:17:40 PM

Of course, it's possible. The cryptocurrency market is not yet so big and unwavering - even $ 1,000,000 per person can significantly affect the price of bitcoin at a particular point in time. In addition, on different profile sites very often there are custom articles about the collapse of the bitcoin bubble. Isn't that a manipulation?
haidangtp

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 12:21:51 PM

I think this is possible. In general, financial issues can be manipulated by people. But we can not do anything to change it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: