Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:44:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Market can be manipulated?  (Read 5399 times)
prihojantsev

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 10:29:58 PM

of course, I have experienced the occurrence of such manipulations, I once traded on an exchanger and the price of the token I had was manipulated by the existence of fake trading volumes, fake trading history and others.

It is true that the market can be manipulated for a moment. I've also seen events like you said. In my opinion, it is certainly very detrimental to certain token owners. So in the future we may have to avoid market manipulation as happened before.
This kind of manipulations and fraudulent schemes will always take place. Some of these frauds are really clever and cunning. However, I think that it is not possible to create long-term artificial demand because it can attract speculators instead of real followers.
electron-coin

Activity: 521
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 10:30:56 PM

Of course it is possible. These are structures that are not controlled by anyone. They can do anything. Of course, they need to skillfully cover up their actions, but they cover up. To date, it is generally impossible to believe anyone in matters that relate to money. The world of crypto currencies is generally a separate conversation.
Here everyone does what he wants. Think yourself, even if a small group of people who don't even have a lot of money, can greatly affect the price of small altcoin (pamp and dump scheme), then what about the large, influential and wealthy exchanges?
This information didn't come as a surprise to educated crypto traders, they understand that. So you don't worry much, just take it into account.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     BRIDGEX NETWORK  │ LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Facebook       LinkedIn          ▄▄▄▄
Ado_Redman

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 10:33:00 PM

I agree, it is really the best, espe ially if you do not have much money to start with. So I think in this case a long term is the most suitable option
Thurs1954

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 10:37:38 PM

I think investing on long term is a very good idea because you tend to make huge profits from it. As the coin grows, your profit increases as long as the coin in which you invested is stable and has good potentials.
alimarh

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 10:41:12 PM

In as much as I don't have any evidence to prove it is wrong but it could be true that the market might be manipulated because I keep asking myself how did we got to this bear market comparing the last bull run. I think it's been manipulated. 

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
Nasonn

Activity: 616
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 10:43:53 PM

The whales manipulate the market at will as a result of crypto market being affected by market demand and supply. They can pump and dump at will with huge demands of supply.
Sanchos

Activity: 190

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 10:47:08 PM

Of course market is manipulated. All previous year price go up and down before news. Pump in december was due to tether manipulations.
Jolene Higgins

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 10:49:51 PM

I believe in long term investment.  I can see myself investing in bitcoin and hold it for a long period.  I will save my money to invest everytime i have an extra income from  bounty rewards.
Ingoats

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 10:55:13 PM

Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?
If the market can be manipulated, why is that so that the whale investors are avoiding the market at this moment? they cannot control or manage the continuous market downtrend this year which have surely caused huge profit loss. This simply means that it cannot be and the market itself is very unpredictable.
andigentho

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:00:32 PM

In my opinion, there is the truth of the www.wired.co.uk quote if that happens, and all that might happen. Manipulating the price of coins for personal or group interests is reasonable in today's business world. For that, if you know their game and are detrimental, don't participate. But if it's profitable, just take it.
Gab20

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:43:14 PM

Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?
I think some exchanges are aiding the manipulation of some coins. Then apart from that, some groups of people also plan that, which is why a particular coin might pump on one exchange, then on other exchanges, you would see it to be lower. There are even times that what is seen on CMC, as a result of manipulation by some exchange, will be different after visiting individual exchanges.
Sheand1935

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:15:52 AM

Long term investment is always but you have to keep up to date with the market because sometimes good coins are not supported by developers for long time and holding those coins for long time may lose your investment.I have always been very successful in short and long term investment still i am holding BTC,ETH,NEO,BCH,XLM,EOS,MIOTA,TRX for long term but also keep check on the projects of these coins.
Yesenia Walter

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:31:06 AM

In my opinion, long-term investment is a safe investment for those with little experience in cryptocurrency markets.
phuong0011
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:33:31 AM

I have seen instances where some exchanges use both for trading. there is a chance that the cause of the red tide are being controlled by the whales and the other big investors.
Evangelina Small

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:35:10 AM

i think hold crypto for long term investments is good idea
Thoon1980

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:48:24 AM

the price of coins on the market is unstable but many people predict the coins will grow so I think holding bitcoin or altcoin like eth will be very profitable in the future
Ado_Redman

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 01:17:27 AM

I am a supporter of long-term investments.I can list a lot of projects and technologies that will become successful in the long term.I am very positive about investing in real estate.Now a lot of projects related to real estate.And a lot of them are scammers.So you need to be very careful when choosing a project
Qubit_bmw

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 01:19:26 AM

I agree with you, Projects who have a good team behind it, for sure it will succeed in the future, so when we decide to invest in some crypto, we should read carefully the white paper and search about the team, then with your experience you can decide to invest or not in the project.
Ulya63

Activity: 420
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 02:09:38 AM

Yes, everyone knows that they are manipulating the price and not the current. Imagine that you are seo usdt and bitfinex itself and you have a real chance to earn big money. Would you not have refused it? Any thinking person would agree and begin to boil over his schemes and knowing that there would be nothing behind it and no one could really prove it. Cryptocurrencies are a lacquer piece for whales and they will further manipulate the price.
Prarnethir1952

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 02:14:06 AM

The best way is to keep as much as you can of the best coins like a deposit and to takes from there only when you need it urgently. Why so? Because in a year or two you will thanks me for this idea. All the good coins will be pumped hard couple of time. But keep in mind strong coin only with low supply
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: